Start by marking “How to Raise a Plant: and Make It Love You Back” as Want to Read:
How to Raise a Plant: and Make It Love You Back

How to Raise a Plant: and Make It Love You Back

Aimed at a new generation of indoor gardening enthusiasts, this book is a perfect guide for anyone keen to see their plant offspring thrive. Gaining ground on food and pet photos on social media, plants have found popularity in the small home, and are being proclaimed the new stars of Instagram. This beautiful little book is ideal for the novice 'plant parent', providing t ...more
Published October 23rd 2018 by Laurence King Publishing

To ask other readers questions about How to Raise a Plant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Raise a Plant

Merel
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-books
While this is a lovely book - well written, clear and beautiful to look at - it lacks some true in-depth explanations compared to the other three books I've now read on plants. It's by far the quickest to read, which might be nice for the occassional reader who just wants to learn about plants, but also might not be detailed enough for the true beginner who needs a book to explain things fully, from start to finish.
It's hard to say if it's complete enough to do what it promises (learn the beginn
Mayke (acozyliving)☕️
Full review on my blog (link in bio)

---------
A copy of this book was kindly provided to me by NetGalley and Laurence King Publishing.

I didn't really know what to expect from a book like this, since I've never read a book about plants before. I did feel a little underwhelmed when I finished the book, expecting more from it. The information in this book is so basic that I thought anyone would already know that.

Even thougt the level of information could be better, the pictures in this book are a
Jamie
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quirky, helpful, and fun guide to houseplants. The layout inside is different from the cover but it was still a nice book!
GONZA
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book for absolute beginners, and so it was ok for me, but I am pretty sure that people that love gardening and plants do not need this total lovely book with nice picture and clear explanations. But maybe I am wrong.

Questo non é un libro per professionisti, ma per chi ama le piante ma non se le sa gestire, anche perché vengono trattati proprio gli argomenti basilari, ma indubbiamente l'impaginazione e le foto lo rendono un volume veramente molto carino.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!
Claire
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is such a cute book and I love how the authors are plant friends from across the country. Also, Pistils Nursery is the best and I'm delighted they mentioned it. This book probably won't have lots of new information for seasoned plant parents, but it was great for a beginner like me. Plus, the photography is gorgeous.
Lisa Funderburg
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
absolutely learned new things from this book. Thanks!

Format was great. Layout was great. Loved how the sections were divided so I could easily reference the plants I wanted to learn more about
Leilani Fairweather
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is cute but the information is very, very basic. It's well suited to someone with a beginning interest in plants that probably stemmed from browsing Instagram
Ionarr
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is quite social media friendly, which I wasn't expecting because I had no idea of the authors beforehand. It isn't bad, necessarily, and for some people the nods to an online community and photo tips are probably very helpful, but it's not so much my thing - my Instagram is shit and I have every intention of keeping it that way.

Overall this is a nice little book. It's neither quite what I was looking for or what I expected, though. It is picture heavy, short, has a lot of chapters, a v
Mary Lynn
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Very cute book but not much here for anyone but beginners with the exception of some really adorable DIY projects. Would make a nice gift with a small plant for someone just starting out with their first plant. Otherwise get from the library.
April Gray
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: popsugar
A good, comprehensive guide to raising houseplants, perfect for anyone from newbies to more experienced plant enthusiasts. I especially enjoyed all the tips for propagating new plants to keep or share with others! Some information I'd never come across before, such as how and why to quarantine a new plant and how to ship a cutting. There are lots of photos to help you learn how to care for your plants, and to give you inspiration on how to display them, as well as a guide to the authors' favorit ...more
April Gray
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kris Siegel
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This adorable book makes plant parenthood attainable for everyone. It's welcoming and readable, with great information to get you started and amazing inspirational photos. I especially love the DIY section. I'm not really a crafty person, but I feel that I could actually make a terrarium or a plant stand. I also loved the decorating with plants section. I live in a very sunny house with many plants that all have names, so I'm aware of the joy that plants can bring to your life. How to Raise a Pl ...more
Allison
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a cute little read! This is super fun if you are looking for ways to brighten up your space using indoor plants!The book is bright and uplifting with lots of wonderful pictures and plant styling tips. This would be very fun for someone branching out into keeping more indoor plants or a good idea to give with a plant as well! I don't know how broad of an appeal this book has as it is basic instructions but it is still worth a read!
Larissa Duliar
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Always love a nice book with great layout and presentation (a.k.a pictures, fonts, paper quality); make a great side table book. And the content are quite informative and insightful for a plant-parent-newbie like me.
Desert Rose
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book for beginners like me. It helped me with saving a few of my plants this week so thank you to the authors! The explanations and photos are great! It's really a beautiful book and perfect for beginners!
Stephanie
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a really pretty book and would make a great gift for a plant newbie. Doesn’t add much for those already engaging in house plantery.
Amanda Gregg
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
A quick and cute read, but it lacks depth. I could have used twice as much info as was presented.
Ali Gul
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a very exciting Book.
Bett Correa-Bollhoefer
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book answered a lot of questions that I didn’t even know I had.
Emma Waterman
May 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
It's cute - a very quick read with many pictures. Pretty basic info.
Katie
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So cute, so fun, and really helpful when it came to my plant children!
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: home
I didn't find this book as informative as I had hoped, but it IS a pretty book and I did pick up a few tips.
Fen Slattery