Start by marking “Shhh!” as Want to Read:
Shhh!

Shhh!

Night falls…It is late. Close your eyes. Time to sleep. This wonderful bedtime story from the masterful illustrator Barroux takes you on a journey through a child’s imagination to a series of dreamy landscapes where animals ready themselves for sleep. The simple, lyrical text and charming illustrations will gently lull even the most reluctant sleeper, providing a calming w ...more
Published September 25th 2018 by words & pictures

To ask other readers questions about Shhh!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shhh!

Dorie  - Traveling Sister :)
This book didn't elicit much of a response from my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter, perhaps she is already too old for this book?

I found the illustrations to be rather flat looking and the only thing she reacted to was the lion in pajamas brushing his teeth.

This is just a mediocre book for me and I don't think I would recommend it.
Richard
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I' m reading a book to a child especially at bedtime I don't want to be sidetracked and imaginations excited and engaged.
Shhh! is a popular title but this is the first one I've read - you need look no further.
Beautifully illustrated and incorporating items and toys in the child's own bedroom and vocabulary.
Calming and charming.
Mellow and melodic.
The words vocalise the sound and thought of sleep.
All his toys are going through the same routine, even counting sheep.
Quiet and quieter still.
Even t
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Any quotes I use are from an unpublished copy and may not reflect the finished product.

The synopsis for Shhh! is longer than the actual book. It's also a little misleading, because it didn't soothe me or my children. They were still bananas after reading this story, although they did enjoy it. My daughter liked pointing out the animals and making their sounds, while my son thought it was funny
Etienne
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Simple but perfect little and calm story about going to bed. So... perfect for bedtime, pretty illustration and a good time!
Cat
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Perfect little bedtime story for wee ones! All the critters little ones like are getting ready to go to sleep, or already asleep. The story is short and uncomplicated and peaceful! I love the illustrations! Bold and simple. I look forward to seeing the actual book as I am sure the colors will be magnificent! Wonderful book.

I received a Kindle ARC from Netgalley in exchange for a fair review.
Janet
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the publisher, as I do not regurgitate the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them.
Storywraps
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This delightful bedtime story will lull even the most reluctant sleeper to sleep.

"Night falls...It is late. Close your eyes. Time to sleep."

A small child listens intently as the world shuts down around him. He envisons the moon tiptoeing up to the sky, a polar bear curled up on an ice floe readying itself for sleep, a lion in pyjamas brushing all of his teeth, and a herd of giraffes snugging down on soft, pillowy clouds to get some rest, just to name a few.

The child's whimsical imagination com
Andreea
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was sent a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

What a lovely picture book! What makes this kids book so much fun is how imaginative the illustrations are. They are whimsical and will definitely make the little ones wonder and help them have some creative sweet dreams.

This book is charming and it really puts the reader (and the little ones) in a relaxing mood ready for bed.

My only complaint is that the font could be better or maybe placed in a way to go better with the ima
Julie Barrett
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shhh! by Barroux
Book starts with colorful children's pages showing the darkness.
Simple sentences and some pages with no words leaving it to the child to imagine what's going on from the pictures.
Shows various animals and how they are going to sleep for the night.
Best part is about the sheep! Cute young children's story.
Received this review copy from Quarto Publishing Group - words & pictures from Netalley and this is my honest opinion.
#Shhh #NetGalley
Theediscerning
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it
A pleasant sleep-inspirer, but no more. If you're sending someone off to the Land of Nod why break out into a sudden JOKE midway through (here it's about the sheep that everyone else counts)? I liked the giraffes resting their tired heads on clouds, but the artwork is more utilitarian than magical; this is just mediocre all told.
Christine
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quarto Publishing Group - words & pictures
An adorable little picture book with very few words and charming illustrations.  I would definitely share this book with the little loved ones in my life.

Thank you to NetGalley for providing an electronic copy in exchange for an honest review. 4/5 stars
Jeanne Grace
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an Advanced Reader Copy from Quarto Publishing Group - words & pictures
words & pictures for my unbiased opinion of the book. This is a cute short bedtime story with great graphics and meaning. Shhh!
Gwen - Chew & Digest Books -
Adorable book with stunning illustrations for the wee bairns.
Syntha Green
it made me laugh
Stefanie
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bedtime book that sounds like the grown-up is looking around the room and making up sleepy random things about the stuffies. CutezzzZZZz
Neha Thakkar
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So lovely, night falls. Giraffes nap (in clouds)! This would be a great pairing with something like Shhhhh...Everybody’s Sleeping (Markes) for PJ storytime. Thanks to Netgalley for the e-ARC.
Erin Richards
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet bedtime/naptime story for young kids and perfect for quite snuggle time.
Liz Handler
Cute, simple bedtime story.
Tara
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
The perfect book when one is getting ready for bed. Shh, it's time for both kids and animals alike to get ready for quiet time as night falls.
Kelly
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
An absolutely lovely bedtime book. One of the best I've read.
Jane
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shhh! is a sweet picture book with simple one-dimensional illustrations which complement the story. Suitable to be read to kids at bedtime.
Thank you to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group for an ARC in exchange for an honest review
Holly
Jan 03, 2019
Rebecca
Dec 13, 2018
Kirsty
Nov 30, 2018
Ness
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a really cute, simple bedtime story for a very young child to help them get to the Land of Nod. I personally loved the moon tiptoeing to the sky and the lion brushing his teeth.
A very short, quiet little tale. I could have done with a few more animals and a few more pages to turn - it ended all to quickly!
Many thanks to NetGalley, Quarto Publishing and the author for the copy of an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Theresa
Jan 09, 2019
Jill
Nov 26, 2018
Molly
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A nicely illustrated book for quieting down at bedtime. The lion brushing his teeth is pretty dang cute, and I appreciate the note that the sheep are not getting ready for bed, but sitting quietly as they wait to be counted. Just a pleasant, cute title.
Dec 12, 2018
Jean
Dec 12, 2018
Barroux is a Paris-based illustrator whose work has appeared in the New York Times, the Washington Post, and elsewhere.