Start by marking “The Secret of Zoone” as Want to Read:
The Secret of Zoone

The Secret of Zoone

Welcome to Zoone: crossroads of the multiverse. In this inventive fantasy, fans of Diana Wynne Jones and Lisa McMann will step through an enchanted doorway and into a world filled with infinite portals to new—and sometimes perilous—lands.

When a bright blue winged tiger appears on his aunt’s sofa, Ozzie can tell he’s in for an adventure. He’s thrilled to follow Tug—a skyg
Published March 5th 2019 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Secret of Zoone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret of Zoone

Tanya Kyi
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Secret of Zoone is a magical romp through a universe – a multiverse, actually – of unique characters and surprising plot twists. As Ozzie tries to get the magical door to earth re-opened, so he can reconnect with his lost aunt, there is plenty of tension. But there's also a ton of fun on every page. This book will make you want to pack your feathered hat and set forth for distant worlds.
Ev N
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why isn't this kid investigating more doors? Oh right. I have to be patient for the next books in the trilogy. Dang it! Love Tug the Skyger and all of Ozzie's new friends and mentors. More please!
Kathie
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-myrca
A mysterious door in the basement of an apartment building, a blue tiger with wings, and a extra creepy landlord are the first signs that Ozzie is in for an adventure. He finds himself in the land of Zoone, which is a station with many different doors that lead to a number of unique worlds. But Ozzie learns the door back to Earth is broken, and he desperately wants to go home to see his aunt (she knows about Zoone but has never mentioned it to him, and he wonders why). But there is trouble brewi ...more
Destiny Bridwell
I received a copy of this book for a fair and honest review. First off I have to say just how cute and sweet and adventurous this book is. I did not read a lot of books as a child about portals. But I wish this book had been around when I was that age. I have to say that Tug the skyger is my favorite character. What is not to like. He is a winged blue tiger. The station with all of the door was just amazing and detail made it feel like I was right there. I know this book does not come out for a ...more
Tatiana
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am glad I had the chance to read such a book which had wonderful imagery and humor. The author gave the audience a feeling of being wanted by others and loved. This book will give children of all ages a sense of being a team and finding one's place in the world. All of the characters had a major part in the story in dealing with deceit, love, friendship, doubt, and revenge. I especially liked Tug, who showed others the meaning of living and being accepted by others, no mater where they are fro ...more
Hannah Belyea
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ozzie loves his Aunt, but her cramped apartment, along with his lack of friends and parents that are always travelling, are starting to stifle him - until he ends up trapped in the middle of a magical multiverse, where he must team up with a winged tyger and cursed princess to stop a wicked evil from taking over! Födi will keep readers entertained with every page of this humorous and charming adventure full of strange worlds and colourful characters. Can Ozzie figure out all the odd rules and wa ...more
Stephanie
Endless amounts of fun, with the most endearing animal sidekick you've ever seen, I promise. We've all read portal fantasies before, and this one drew me in because it builds on that formula in the most creative and colorful way, landing readers in a bustling station at the center of the multiverse, where travelers come and go between hundreds of magical worlds. Once you've seen one, you'll want to visit even more of them! :)
Maggie Maxfield
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-with-quincy
Quincy picked this from the "New Book" library shelf, and I inwardly groaned because its title sounded ominously like a book I didn't really enjoy, "The Secret Zoo." But guess what? It was a blast to read aloud. It's the kind of book that one wishes were accompanied by illustrations and maps on the inside cover. I didn't think my kindergartner would have the attention span for all 30 chapters or the ability to grasp the themes and plot tie-ins that were hundreds of pages apart, but she totally f ...more
Maria Kiguthi
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ozzie travels to Zoone through a secret door and finds a group of friends. A skyger named Tug, a purple haired princess (Fidget), and a wizard's apprentice (Salamanda). Can they save Zoone and the Multiverse or is one of them the spy the are looking for?

I received a copy of the book.
Rob
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great fantasy for middle grades! Lots in here to keep kids and kids at heart turning pages. Mr. Födi has fun with words and whether it is the hunt for the Glibberspy or another preposasterous situation it really shows. Looking forward to book 2 already!
M.
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: good-reads
It was a good read.
Valerie
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
So far this is an amazing book that both my son and my husband are loving....
Kathy
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Lots of action and a new world(s) to explore, the language was occasionally clunky and it never explained why Ozzie didn't have any friends or how the villain got a job on Earth as a handyman. Weirdly, several sections were misbound so I had to flip pages around to read it in the right order.
Jennybeast
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, adventure
Solid portal adventure into the magical crossroads world of Zoone. I enjoyed the Skyger, I was often confused by why Ozzie was an outcast, and I was amused by the many novel characters and creatures from other worlds.

Advanced Readers Copy provided by Edelweiss.
PWRL
Jul 23, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-new
A
Evelyn
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Unfortunatly the copy we picked up from the library had the page numbers out of order so it was a bit tricky to read for a bit.
Ainsley
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book, but I'm on page 220 and the printing is totally messed up. First it skips one page, then its normal, then it skips 3 pages!! And then after page 240, it goes back to page 237!!! But I still can't skip around because some pages aren't even in there!! I skipped ahead to look at page numbers and it stops after that. But I'm angry because I have to wait to finish a really great book!!!
I contacted the library, and they are going to tell me when they get a new copy, so it's all g
Emmaj
May 05, 2019

• The Tragical Tale of Birdie Bloom
  • Roxbury Park Dog Club #1: Mission Impawsible
  • Spark
  • The Dragon King (Otherworld Chronicles #3)
  • Little Apocalypse
  • Dragonfell
  • Since We Last Spoke
  • A Legend of Starfire (A Sliver of Stardust, #2)
  • Dreaming Darkly
  • Forgotten City
  • The Missing Piece of Charlie O'Reilly
  • Fall of Heroes (The Cloak Society, #3)
  • Maximillian Fly
  • The Emerald Tablet (Five Elements #1)
  • Fan the Fame
  • A Pinch of Magic
  • The Parent Agency
  • Storm of Dogs (Survivors, #6)
Lee Edward Födi is a children's author, illustrator, and educator—or, as he likes to think of himself, a daydreaming specialist.

He is the author of The Secret of Zoone (HarperCollins Children's Books) and the The Chronicles of Kendra Kandlestar (Simply Read Books), which include The Box of Whispers, The Door to Unger, The Shard from Greeve, The Crack in Kazah, and The Search for Arazeen.

He has al