Start by marking “Born to Be Wilde (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #3)” as Want to Read:
Born to Be Wilde (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #3)

Born to Be Wilde

(The Wildes of Lindow Castle #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  3,673 ratings  ·  483 reviews
The richest bachelor in England plays matchmaker…for an heiress he wants for himself!

For beautiful, witty Lavinia Gray, there's only one thing worse than having to ask the appalling Parth Sterling to marry her: being turned down by him.

Now the richest bachelor in England, Parth is not about to marry a woman as reckless and fashion-obsessed as Lavinia; he's chosen a far
Published July 31st 2018 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Born to Be Wilde, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Born to Be Wilde

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Born to Be Wilde (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #3)
Anne
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm not into guys with beards, but Eloisa James made it work for me.

description

This was cute, fluffy, and it didn't drag on and on at the end. It wasn't my favorite romance that I've ever read, but I don't have any complaints about it, either. Good stuff!

description

The gist is that Lavinia Gray's crackhead mom not only used her entire inheritance to buy drugs (ok, laudanum, not crack), but also stole a shitton of jewels and whatnot from Lavinia's friends (and maybe a close cousin, I'm not entirely sure) to support
Caz
I’ve never made a secret of the fact that Eloisa James’ books have generally been rather hit or miss (mostly miss) for me. I’ve read some and enjoyed them - I gave Three Weeks With Lady X a DIK at All About Romance , and have rated other books highly, but afterSeven Minutes in Heaven, I decided it was probably time for us to part ways. There are plenty of other books out there to read, so no big loss. But... this is Eloisa James, right? One of the biggest names in historical romance. Maybe I’ve ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5-5 stars

I loved it so much, I literally read it in one sitting!!! It was amazing, my favorite in the series!I felt so connected to Lavinia, what a journey!Born to Be Wilde was an emotional,intense and sweet story.

description

My heart was aching most of the time with these two.I was swooning,melting and even I cried at some points and also I was frustrated.This story touched me in so many ways!It was exactly what I needed!

What a beautiful story, one of my favorite books from Eloisa James!!

Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was fun! I knew that I would have to read Parth and Lavinia's story just as soon as I knew that it was scheduled for release. This is the third book in the Wildes of Lindow Castle series which could be read as a stand alone although I think that it really would work best if the series is read in order since a lot of this story is set up in the previous installment. I went into this book with some pretty high expectations and I
Holly
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was ok

For the enemies to lovers trope to work, the couple needs to be enemies for longer than a chapter. Granted, this is the third book in the series and so maybe the prior two books of arguing (well, they definitely argued in the first book, I didn't read the second one so I can't say for sure if it happened in there) should be taken into account, but, nah.

In this book Lavinia just focuses on fashion, A LOT, and that's kind of the point of this entire book: that you can be into fashion and
Melanie A.
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scribd, historical, audio
Audio: 5 STARS!
Story: 3.75 STARS!
Only now was she cobbling together a sense of pride in herself and she could not allow that precious part of her heart to be trampled.
After a bit of a rocky start, Lavinia and Parth's story turned out to be a wonderful addition to the Wilde series. I love this family and Susan Duerden's narration really brings them to life.

Eagerly awaiting the next installment! :D
OLT
May 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
(This book is less original than its cliched title.)

A former Eloisa James fan, I did not plan to read this third romance in James's The Wildes of Lindow Castle series. As a matter of fact, I totally ignored it when it came out in July of 2018 and went about my life with nary a twinge that I might be missing out on something. But since now (May of 2019) it is being offered at a bargain price, I broke down and decided to try it out.

Well, I'm trying. Trying to finish it. No, that's not true. I did
Ursula
A tummy-tingling 4.5 stars. And for an author whose books I have either loved or hated- nothing in between for me with her! (Apologies in advance- so many gifs, but it is a very gif-able book)

What is the yardstick for a good romance for me? If I get tingly feelings in my tummy. If my heart stutters and I can't stop reading it. If I feel compassion for the MCs, even while I may be impatient or cross with them. If I actually care about their happiness.

Well I got all those feels from this book.

It
Esther
ARC provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Rating 3.5

Slow start, very slow. Writing was good but found the characters lacking and missing something (still trying to put my finger on it).

Review to come closer to publication.
Ginger
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Glad to finally get to read Lavinia & Parth’s love story!
Maida
This is my favorite of the three Wilde books so far. It made me smile and tear up a little bit, especially near the end.

I usually love the heroes more than the heroines in my favorite books, but in Born to be Wilde, I prefer Lavinia. Her journey to self-actualization is fascinating and I couldn’t help but cheer her on.

Parth is a typical arrogant male with his reluctance to admit his feelings for Lavinia. I liked that he’s great with his friends and was indulgent with Lady Knowe. I also
Barbara Rogers
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Series: The Wildes of Lindow Castle #3
Publication Date: 7/31/18

This is a wonderfully entertaining and romantic book. It is excellently written, well plotted and filled with wonderfully lovable and relatable characters. Now, the Wilde’s seem a little over the top, but they are such a joyful, happy family. This is the first book I have read in the series and I had absolutely no trouble at all keeping up. However, I can say that reading this one just made me want to go back and read the earlier
Tammy
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: release-2018
The Wildes of Lindow Castle series just gets better and better with each new book. I felt so much love for Lavinia and Parth, they’re my most favorite pairing of all. Their love-hate intense arguments were so creative and entertaining you couldn’t help but laugh at how adorably witty they are. Can’t wait for the next book Say No to the Duke out 6/25/19.
Meghan V
Jul 31, 2018 rated it did not like it
For an author who has always been on my "go to" list I've frankly been shocked at how bad her last two novels have been. Rather than review I'm going to post a short snippet of one of several scenes in this novel that bothered me:

"''For goodness' sake, she bit out. "We both know you don't find me attractive, Parth, but you needn't harp on the subject. Many, many people have told me that I look more beautiful than I did when I debuted!"
"They are wrong," he said flatly.
Her stomach knotted. "Just
*The Angry Reader*
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
During the last few days I've had the pleasure of reading the much-anticipated book in two different series. My experiences were vastly different.

Scandalous had the usual result. Too much build up. The hero (upon whom I'd been wildly crushing) ended up letting me down. I was so afraid it was going to happen again.

Eloisa James did not disappoint. She's one of my favorite authors for a reason. (Have you read her Fairy Tale series???? Perfection.)

I still think the first book in this series (my
Stacee
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had read and enjoyed the other two books, so this was definitely a story I was excited for.

I loved Lavinia in the other stories. In this book, we learn there’s a lot more going on and instead of her previous cheerfulness, she’s tired and worn down. Yes, it makes sense in the plot of this story; however, with the incessant descriptions of her losing weight, having dark circles under her eyes, and never eating, I fully expected her to have a terminal illness. Parth was just as I expected:
Quirky Omega
Read for some excellent low-key drama and excellent grovelling. The book was perfectly paced and each stage of the romance was satisfying. There is also some great lessons in being non judgemental and appreciating oneself.

P.S The grovelling really was soul satisfying.
Sophie Barnes
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eloisa James writes beautifully crafted historical romances and Born to be Wilde is no exception.

Lavina Gray and Parth Sterling have been quarreling with each other for years. She finds him appalling... condescending... rude... while he considers her to be shallow. The last thing either of them want is an attachment with each other, but when Lavinia realizes that marrying Parth would save both herself and her mother from ruin, she determines to swallow her pride and propose.

Parth is completely
Nadia
I was looking forward to this book ever since we were first introduced to Lavinia and Parth in the first book, and I'm happy to say that I didn't feel let down. Generally speaking, I enjoyed it, even though at times it tends to be corny, especially when the main characters get caught up in expressing their devotion towards each other. It's not something that's limited to this book only, but I'm willing to overlook it in favor of all the good fun the series provides. Also that model on the cover ...more
Alexandria Jane
For the past three months, I have thought about this book every single day.

I am not exaggerating.

Eloisa James is arguably my favorite author and I’ve thoroughly enjoy both of her Wilde books so far. Yet, throughout the two books, I salivated at every scene that featured Lavinia and Parth—their bickering made the series for me. Needless to say I was very, very, very excited for this book.

So last night, at nine pm (I live on the West Coast), when the book popped up on my Kindle homepage I
Jen Davis
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Generally, I’m down for a good enemies to lovers story, mostly because they’ve usually got a fair amount of fire and angst. It was the reason I was looking forward to this book. Eloisa James did a good job laying the groundwork for this constantly sniping duo over the course of the series’ first two books. The story itself was slightly less exciting.

I feel like I already knew Lavina from her association with the first two heroines. She is lovely, though maybe a bit flighty, and there isn’t a man
Gogol
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
There are authors who are auto-buys for me, they include Loretta Chase, Ilona Andrews, Georgette Heyer, Nalini Singh, then there are those who are hit and miss so I approache them with caution, like Jeanine Frost, Lisa Kleypas, J.T. Geissinger, and then are those who are never-buys, I have many, many, many never-buys in my black list of doom and right at the very top resides Eloisa James. My Never-buy books including her works, annoy me, anger me, frustrate me, irritate me and rise my hackles. ...more
Anne
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, romance
My life would be barren without you

I've read the other two books in Eloisa James' Wildes series, and while I enjoyed them both (particularly the second one) I was impatiently waiting for Lavinia and Parth's story. In the earlier books, they completely stole every scene they were in. My expectations going into this book were high, and I'm really sad to report that this book truly disappointed me.

The novel opens with Lavinia proposing marriage to Parth. She knows that she has feelings for him, but
God, this book and this author. I just don't know where to start as I'm so frustrated with Eloisa James & her current writing. Through the first 2 books of this Wilde series the only characters I liked were Lavinia & Parth as they were funny, exciting and clearly going to end up together. I THOUGHT we were going to get a book with Lavinia continuing to a strong heroine who directs her own life and Parth falls in love with that.

Nope, not even a bit.

James manages to suck any fun &
Sissy's Romance Book Review
BORN TO BE WILDE by Eloisa James is book Three in The Wildes of Lindow Castle Series. This is the story of Lavinia Gray and Parth Sterling. I have read the previous books (and Loved them!) but feel this can easily be a standalone book.
Lavinia and Parth have known each other for years and both seem to have dislike for the other one. Lavinia has bad nicknames for him and Parth thinks she is frivolous with her spending. Lavinia mother takes her to France but now a few years later Lavinia returns
Taylor Sorenson
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have a confession to make: I am Wildely in love with Parth Sterling. If I lived in the Wilde-rness (aka Wilde-world) I would be a total Parth fangirl. I would own any and every Wildely inappropriate print he was featured in. In fact, I’m mildly jealous of Lavinia.

OH MY STARS If you’ve read the other Wilde books, this is the best one yet. If you haven’t: this is a fantastic enemies to lovers story, basically the billionaire and the recently paupered lady. There are fantastic twists and turns,
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
I read the 2nd and 3rd books in The Wildes of Lindow Castle series back to back –I couldn't put them down. First I fell for North and Diana, then for Lavinia and Parth. This one had more of an enemies-to-lovers feel, and was much angstier than the previous Wildes books, which was perfect for Lavinia and Parth! I'm already dying for more Wildes.

Review to come!

Thanks to the publisher for generously providing me an ARC to review.
Bethany
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Borne to Be Wilde is a hate to love romance that develops between Lavinia Gray and Parth Sterling. Given their banter in the earlier books in the series, I had been waiting for this one! And it was definitely fun.

Parth thinks that Lavinia is shallow because of her interest in fashion, not immediately recognizing her artists eye and keen mind for business. As feelings develop, he has a definite tendency to go alpha male and be overly protective. I found that annoying, but Lavinia and his aunt
Debby "Piene Raven"
Born to be Wilde is a wonderful and entertaining story of Lavinia and Parth. I truly enjoyed the read and the host of characters...those being the Wilde Family. The family is so close knit that they would do just about anything for one another.

This was an audio for me and again I enjoyed the narration by Susan Duerden. A well-written funny and heartfelt read. Also this was one where it brought out a lasting addiction for Lavinia. To learn that her mother's addiction caused them to be
Jen Ryland
I haven't read any Eloisa James in a while - until I got book #2 of this series at Book Expo. I liked Too Wilde to Wed but could tell when this couple was introduced that I'd enjoy their story even more.

Parth Sterling was orphaned as a child and taken in by the Wilde family. He's not of noble birth, but has amassed a fortune.

Lavinia is one of the most sought-after heiresses around - or so it seems. Actually (as revealed in book #2) Lavinia's mother is addicted to laudanum and has spent her

• The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • The Governess Game (Girl Meets Duke, #2)
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)
  • The Duke Buys a Bride (The Rogue Files, #3)
  • When a Duke Loves a Woman (Sins for All Seasons, #2)
  • The Other Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys, #3)
  • Wicked and the Wallflower (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #1)
  • The Scoundrel in Her Bed (Sins for All Seasons, #3)
  • Not the Duke's Darling (Greycourt, #1)
  • My One and Only Duke (Rogues to Riches, #1)
  • For the Duke's Eyes Only (School for Dukes, #2)
  • Project Duchess (Duke Dynasty, #1)
  • How the Dukes Stole Christmas
  • Someone to Trust (Westcott, #5)
  • An Earl Like You (The Wagers of Sin, #2)
  • Governess Gone Rogue (Dear Lady Truelove, #3)
  • This Scot of Mine (The Rogue Files, #4)
New York Times bestselling author Eloisa James writes historical romances for HarperCollins Publishers. Her novels have been published to great acclaim. A reviewer from USA Today wrote of Eloisa's very first book that she "found herself devouring the book like a dieter with a Hershey bar"; later People Magazine raved that "romance writing does not get much better than this." Her novels have ...more

The Wildes of Lindow Castle (5 books)
  • Wilde in Love (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #1)
  • Too Wilde to Wed (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #2)
  • Say No to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #4)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #5)