Start by marking “Pause, Breathe, Smile: Awakening Mindfulness When Meditation Is Not Enough” as Want to Read:
Pause, Breathe, Smile: Awakening Mindfulness When Meditation Is Not Enough

Pause, Breathe, Smile: Awakening Mindfulness When Meditation Is Not Enough

Published September 2018 by Sounds True

To ask other readers questions about Pause, Breathe, Smile, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pause, Breathe, Smile

Literary Soirée
“Pause, Breathe, Smile: Awakening Mindfulness When Meditation Is Not Enough” by Gary Gach is a simple yet profound guide to a richer, more spiritual approach to life. By pausing before we think, speak or act, we bring much-needed intention to connections with others. When we breathe, we add the quiet of meditation to every moment. And when we smile, we open our hearts to an unspoken beautiful wisdom. Highly recommended for making the concept of mindfulness so approachable and practical!

Pub Date
Leanne
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A man—a poet, a teacher, a translator-- is walking across a busy airport terminal to board a flight to somewhere. Everyone around him is rushing past, including another traveler who is seen dragging a heavy suitcase behind him, his boarding pass held tightly between his lips. Probably this man is late for a connecting flight. As the poet watches, he notices the rushing traveler's wallet has fallen out of his trousers. The poet, who is engaged in mindful walking practice-- one foot in front of th ...more
J Aislynn d'Merricksson
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pause, Breathe, Smile by Gary Gach offers a simple, yet highly effective method for cultivating mindfulness wherever you may be and whatever you may be doing. It's as simple as the title says, taking time to pause, breathe deep, and smile. This is a beneficial tool alone, and Gach teaches how to turn it into a proper longer meditation that can span twenty to forty minutes. He also teaches about variations of mindfulness meditation such as walking meditation, and the use of mindfulness bells.

I l
Becky  Reed
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-2018
A great mindfulness guide. Easy to read and easy to follow. I found myself sitting here practicing my PBS whilst reading along. Thank you Netgalley for letting me read this handy guide.
Steven Berger
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gach offers readers a simple, easily understood and easily implemented path to mindfulness, whether you’ve never meditated before or have been meditating for decades. Right from the get-go, the book’s prose begins to relax you and help you focus. Did I mention that I highly recommend it?
Steven R. Berger, author "Ursula’s Yahrtzeit Candle" and the Sebastian Wren mysteries.
Doug Wilhelm
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Very soft. Pema Chodron, Thich Nhat Hahn, and Tara Brach do similar work, on awakening mindfulness in everyday life -- and they do it more effectively.
Summer
This was a very nice book to listen to while I went to bed. I listened to it 3x in a row. Over all very chill.
Judih Weinstein Haggai
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully crafted and something that invites re-reading at random.
Love this book by Gary
Gary
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: General audience. Beginners & adepts, alike.
What Do We Talk About When We Talk About Mindfulness?

Now that mindfulness is the fastest-growing wellness trend since yoga, it seems as if everything is calling itself mindfulness these days. (And, since 2013, there’s been a countertrend of backlash, from various fronts, such as evangelical Christian fundamentalists and critics of neoliberal capitalism.) So I felt it an apt moment to reframe the narrative of what we talk about when we talk about mindfulness.

Five years in the making, my new book
Rachel
Jordan
Dec 30, 2018
Generalist.

¿ Books ?
Clerk, 2nd-hand bookshop, 8 years. Book designer / typesetter, 3 years. Book editor, 1 year. Associated with a few books* with someone's name on them identical to mine; managed not to repeat myself, as yet.

Middle school years in Hollywood commemorated by classmate James Ellroy ("Let's Twist Again"). BA + 1 year (UCLA - SFSU). Moved to San Francisco 45 years ago, where have be

“Mindfulness isn't necessarily about awakening within. Awakening wisdom teaches me how my exterior and interior life are not separate. What happens in the world is happening within me, and vice versa.” 1 likes