Start by marking “Forgiveness (Forbes Mates, #4)” as Want to Read:
Forgiveness (Forbes Mates, #4)

Forgiveness

(Forbes Mates #4)

Ben's love can help Eric find the forgiveness he needs... if Eric can accept it.

Nine years ago Eric Joyce went wolf when his chosen mate broke the bond, and he hasn’t walked on two legs since. Convinced he lost his friends when he ran out on them, he cut himself off from the pack. But a surprising visitor prods him back down the mountain, and he finds himself welcomed wa
Published March 27th 2018 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Forgiveness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgiveness

Wendy
3-5-star-rating-hi.png (600×108)

I really enjoyed the previous book in the "Forbes Mates" series, so I was very curious about Eric's story, since he was a big reason for Tanner's behavior in book 1.

9 Years ago, Eric's chosen mate broke their bond. leaving Eric to retreat into his wolf-form and run.

He has been gone all this time, nurturing his broken, when unexpected help turns up and leads him back to the right path... Back to his old pack, where he is warmly welcomed back.

Ben is the son of a wolf shifter father and a human mot
BWT (Belen)
A note for those that haven't read the series:
There are two types of mates in this world: destined and chosen. A destined mate is recognized immediately - their wolves recognize each other and their scents drive each other crazy. Simply meeting starts the bonding process, which is finished through sexual intercourse and biting.
Chosen mates form a similar bond, but only after sex and the bite. They don't have the same recognition as destined mates, but they and their wolves are usually still qui
Truuss
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2018
From the first line.. I was sold. It felt so kind and sweet.

My heart cries when I read about a lost one...Eric is a lost one... lonely... deliberately because
he disappeared nine years ago as a wolf and hasn't shifted back to human until now.
Heading back home to Pittsburgh to his best friend Tanner, now alpha of the pack, Eric has to learn again to be human.

Ben deeply hurt by his own mother who refuses to acknowledge the wolf in him and his bisexuality, causes him to flee to another pack in Pitt
Sandra
I flew through this, from opening the file this morning until finishing it tonight, with grumbled interruptions for such pesky things as lunch and dinner and errands needing to be run.

The romance was slow burn, frustrating at times, and sweet at other times. The mythology is still well done, and I enjoyed catching up with the couples from previous books.

Nine years ago, Eric's chosen mate broke their bond, and he's been in wolf form ever since, roaming the woods, thinking he can never go home ag
Tammy
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: average-read
Slow going, Eric finally excepting Ben then Ben being more confident with his wolf took probably 80% of the book. I think I enjoyed Ben’s trip home for Christmas more than anything and the epilogue jumping 8 years ahead was a little confusing. I wanted to love this book because I do like all the characters and I love how they made their pack family and get along but more action and maybe more drama needs to be added. 😉
Eric’s saying I’m not ready and poor Ben trying to be understanding got to be
Christy
I empathized with Eric in a couple of ways. To fall in love, to choose to mate and claim her, then have her leave because you aren’t who she thought she was “getting”, and to have her cheat on you and break the bond, causing immense physical and emotional anguish that brought your wolf forward, well that isn’t something that can be taken lightly. It does explain why Eric has been gone for nine years living as a wolf. Ben, coming from East Texas - you know, that really liberal part of the country ...more
Jaime
I have enjoyed this series and am sad to say this was my least favorite of the 4 books.
I just felt like Eric drew out his heartache a little long, 9 years...9 flipping years....and he still makes his destined mate wait.

I mean there is gunshy and then there is just crazy. So, yeah.

Full review to come.

Barb ~rede-2-read~
This installment of the Forbes Mates series was so sugary sweet I had to make an appointment with my dentist. Seriously, it was ooey-gooey loving with wolf fur thrown in. And to be honest, although I liked it, by the end of the book, I couldn’t wait to get to the epilogue. The author could have easily cut 50 or more pages of self-absorbed, angsty reflection on behalf of both MCs because it was bad enough the first time they hashed and rehashed their issues, but by the tenth or so time they went ...more
Rachel Emily
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I hate to say it, but this was probably my least favorite book in the whole series. Which is especially sad, because I was really looking forward to Eric's story. This was like....slow burn, but done stupid. Stupid slow burn. And I don't mean to be super harsh, but it was an unnecessarily slow, slow burn. So much that when they finally mated, the build up wasn't worth it anymore, and I was just ready for the story to be over.

Ben is a sweetie, and WAY too patient and understanding for his own go
Morgan  Skye
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, reviewed
This is such a great series!

I adore this “world”. It follows the classic shifter “rules” but has this element of “real” to it that makes it feel a bit more authentic without removing the shine of the magic that comes with being able to shift.

The characters are very well developed and I really appreciate seeing the same characters interact with one another as the series proceeds.

In this case I thought Eric was a little annoying in his insistence to resist Ben when clearly everything in his vicini
Natosha Wilson
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good read. I have not read any of the previous books in this series but I will say that this was a really good read. I also liked the fact that this book could be read as a standalone. There was precious characters from the books before this one but it was not confusing because Grace gave some background on the characters and their relationships so that the reader was not lost if they had never read another book in the series.

Eric has been in his wolf form for many years. What
llv
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: shifter, borrowed
Rating: 3 stars
This was not my favorite in the series that’s for sure. I liked the MCs okay, but the whole story revolved around their fears of completing the mate bond and it just seem to drag out forever. If I had to say one positive thing about it, it would be that at least they communicated and there was no “big misunderstanding” to get in the way of their mating. Overall, I was just bored with the story and it was a struggle to finish it. A friend lent me her copy of the story and I’m glad
Sara Testarossa
Review forthcoming!
Zane Kage
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5
CB
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: misc-book, shifter
4 books out now with at least 1 more for Luis and Miguel (mentioned in book 4). I enjoyed this series, it was fairly low angst, mostly just interesting characters falling in love.
inaword
Julie
Aug 19, 2018
Gerr05
May 12, 2018
Grace Duncan grew up with a wild imagination. She told stories from an early age - many of which got her into trouble. Eventually, she learned to channel that imagination into less troublesome areas, including fanfiction, which is what has led her to writing male/male erotica.

A gypsy in her own right, Grace has lived all over the United States. She has currently set up camp in East Texas with her

Forbes Mates (4 books)
  • Devotion (Forbes Mates, #1)
  • Patience (Forbes Mates #2)
  • Acceptance (Forbes Mates, #3)