Start by marking “Snow in Love” as Want to Read:
Snow in Love

Snow in Love

What's better than one deliciously cozy, swoon-worthy holiday story? Four of them, from some of today's bestselling authors.

From KASIE WEST, a snowy road trip takes an unexpected detour when secrets and crushes are revealed.

From AIMEE FRIEDMAN, a Hanukkah miracle may just happen when a Jewish girl working as a department store elf finds love.

From MELISSA DE LA CRUZ, Christ
Published October 30th 2018 by Point

To ask other readers questions about Snow in Love, please sign up.

Start your review of Snow in Love
Melanie
Snow in Love is a heartwarming holiday anthology that just came out at the end of 2018! This is a collection of four short stories, but I truly only recommend two of them. Seriously, this is a wild break down of two five star reads, and two one star reads. But I truly loved two and I hated two. Yet, I also truly believe the Kasie West and Nic Stone’s stories are so good that it would be worth it to pick up this collection, especially if you are in need of a little holiday cheer!

Snow and Mistle
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Overall this feels like a 3.5 star read. I LOVED the first and last stories, but the two in the middle were just not right for me at all. This definitely put me in the holiday spirit though and I highly recommend to anyone that wants a little holiday cheer this month!

SNOW & MISTLETOE by Kasie West - 5/5 stars (GASP. I KNOW. I'm just as shocked as you are that I loved something by Kasie West)
WORKING IN A WINTER WONDERLAND by Aimee Friedman - 2/5 stars (This was FAR too cheesy to be enjoyable. Tha
Eden
Jun 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
I’m only reading this because of Kasie West.
Trina (Between Chapters)

Snow and Mistletoe by Kasie West - 5 stars
So predictable but I don't mind because I realized I was grinning like a fool while reading the ending! Because you can see it coming, the short length was perfect to give you a dose of holiday fuzzies while not dragging anything out. I felt like I got to know the main character the best of the 4 stories, maybe because this was the only one written in first person. The road trip was interesting, the friends were enjoyable, the romance was sweet
Kat
Dec 16, 2018 added it
Shelves: library-3, christmas
A collection of short stories by four different authors just in time for the holidays. I think my favorite was Kasie West’s story, the first one, which featured a group of friends trying to beat a snowstorm and get home for the holidays. Just the right amount of holiday cheer 😊.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader.
may ❀
book #2 done for the contemporary-a-thon✔

anthologies, snow/winter centered, cuteness = i am 🗑️

Snow and Mistletoe - Kasie West: 4.5 stars
- this was so absolutely precious
- kasie west is my feel-good contemp author (even if her newer books have been a little meh lately) and this short story reminded me exactly WHY
- road trip!! + family!! + dorky friends!! + snow!!
- reading this was like drinking hot chocolate and marshmallows on a winter day 😭😭

Working in A Winter Wonderland - by Aimee Friedman: 2
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Like many of us in the fandom of YA contemporary reads, I love a good, fluffy Christmas story, but I find that “fluffy” contemporary works best for me in short formatting, so that I can just focus on a cutesy love story without needing much back story. Needless to say, I was excited when I heard about this collection coming out, because it’s exactly that: fluffy, cutesy contemporary romances set around Christmas!

→ L I K E S :

Two of the four stories in this collection were really enjoyable to
Zainab
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cringe, short-stories
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it

Snow in Love wraps up four cute-as-can-be holiday stories to help readers get in the holiday spirit. Each one was fun and holiday-ish in its own adorable way.

My favorite story was by Kasie West. The woman does adorable…sorry I mean ADORABLE like no one else. I adore her style and characters. Snow and Mistletoe is filled with her trademark sibling banter, heart, and warmth. Plus she combined two of my favorites—road tripping and Christmas! Wait—three of my favorites! There was a boy who loved to
Marisa (Mirroredpages)
I’m only here for Kasie West’s story, to be completely honest.

Snow and Mistletoe by Kasie West
Rating: 5 stars

Perfectly sweet, adorable, and cute. This is exactly what I want from a Christmas story.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
My favorite by far was the Kasie West story. The others were okay but not nearly as cute.
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
As an avid fan of any book about the holidays, I was thrilled when I heard about Snow in Love by Melissa de la Cruz, and so many other amazing authors. This anthology is comprised of stories from some of my favourite authors, and each story is so cute. My personal favourite had to be Nic Stone’s work. This book is the perfect thing to get you ready for the festive season.

Full Review on The Candid Cover
andrea caro
3.5 stars.

The real shining jewel in this collection was the story by Nic Stone, a story about two black girls stuck in an airport during a snowstorm doing a scavenger hunt. Even in just a few short pages I felt deeply connected to both girls and I really love the fact that it wasn't just a serving of cheese; Nic Stone delves into racism and how it doesn't disappear when people of color happen to be wealthy, which is kind of a crap idea I've seen people spew. This story was a 5 star read and has
Emma
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it

This is a very nice collection of short stories, perfect to read during the Christmas holidays.

Snow and mistletoe by Kasie West (4 stars)
It was a cute story. I really liked the group of friends, they were all quite funny. I love me a good road trip and this one didn’t disappoint.

Working in a winter wonderland by Aimee Friedman (2 stars)
Heath was a snob and I didn’t like him at all, which I guess was the point of his character. I don’t think there was enough building up for t
Lindsey
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
I was expecting more from this and I’m pretty disappointed. I love Katie West’s story because, obviously. She’s my queen. The last story was atrocious and the other two were just okay.
Lisa (lifeinlit)
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I read this for Kasie West’s story. I loved hers and give it 5 stars. The others were just bleh for me.
Cori Reed
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Really enjoyed the Kasie West story, thought the Aimee Friedman story was okay, didn't like the Melissa de la Cruz Story, though the Nic Stone story was okay.

So, this way okay!
Alexa
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
If you’re on the hunt for something that will leave with all the warm, fuzzy feelings that also has a holiday twist, you’ll be in luck with Snow in Love. This four story collection is basically just like a holiday rom-com done four ways, and I found it really enjoyable (even if it might not stay particularly memorable). Kasie West’s Snow and Mistletoe is about a girl returning from a year abroad studying music, who ends up stranded in Denver and joins a group of former schoolmates on a road trip ...more
Stella❤️ 孔凡星
Snow and Mistletoe by Kasie West
5/5 stars
This one was definitely my favourite and started off the anthology strongly! It was festive and adorable and wholesome and everything I expect from Kasie West. I didn’t want it to be over so soon.

Working in a Winter Wonderland by Aimee Freedman
2.5/5 stars
This one wasn’t terrible but I wasn’t invested at all. The romance didn’t make that much sense when the main character had been rude for most of the story. I was just kind of bored while reading.

The Mag
Alaina
Cute short stories that were predictable.

Snow in Love is a book that has about 4 short stories within it. Some you might enjoy and some that might annoy you a little bit. Whether it's a certain character (or two) or maybe the entire story line. At least for me, I had one favorite story and the others were just okay.

The first book, Snow and Mistletoe was one of my favorites. Probably because it was the first short story and it got me in the mood to finishing this book but the characters were just
Trisha
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
This was adorable. Exactly the winter snowy read you didn't even know you needed. It's four stories, not connected in any way and each show a different side to the holiday season.

I loved the mix of different stories. Of course, the first one is my favorite and by one of my favorite authors. The second one gives the typical push at consumerism with an adorable story. The third one was the only one I didn't love - it was a story told too many times. The fourth one was my 2nd favorite and was also
Katie W
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I put this on my list as soon as I saw Kasie West was a contributor to this collection and I should have saved hers for last, because not all of these stories hit home for me--definitely a case of my personal taste.

Snow & Mistletoe (Kasie West) - 5 Stars
Darling and utterly predicable, yet swoony and sweet. I loved the way the characters got to know each other in this snowy adventure.

Working in a Winter Wonderland (Aimee Friedman) - 3 Stars
Kind of short and shallow, but it does lend a few inter
Katie
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
My ratings average to a 3.25 rating.
Gretal
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yarc
I picked this up exclusively for Nic Stone's story, and it did not disappoint. Gay black girls stuck in an airport because of bad weather. Highly recommend
Andrea
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
A common theme in the reviews I see for this book are people loving/enjoying Kasie West and Nic Stone's stories and then not enjoying the other two. I am pretty much in the same boat.

West and Stone had my favorite stories, with Nic's taking the cake for me. There was something about this scavenger hunt sapphic love story that gave me the warm and fuzzies. I definitely would like to read this again. Kasie's I enjoyed though it felt a bit predictable which did take away from some of my enjoyment.
shannon✨
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
My overall rating for this book is 4.5 stars.

Snow and mistletoe: 5/5* - cute cute cute.
Working in a winter wonderland: 3.5/5* - cute story but it felt very superficial.
The magi’s gift: 4/5* - surprise, also a cute story. But this one also gave me a weird feeling I can’t describe. Whilst the ultimate goal was making one another feel happy, the undertone felt very materialistic.
Grounded: 5/5* - shocker, also a very cute story. Besides that, I liked the text messages in-between and I definitely
Nomes
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, fun, short-stories
I adored Kasie West's story in this ~ 5 stars, super cute and breezy and the perfect chill out and read vibe.

Awkwardly, I didn't like any of the other 3 :( BUT it was worth it for Kasie's story alone, which I read in one sitting on Christmas day, and already am planning a reread. How does she do it?
ضحى الحداد
So this is an Anthology written in 4 stories about Christmas .. I liked most of them and here are my rating :)
Snow and Mistletoe by Kasie West: I don't need to say anymore .. KAsie has the ability to make me so gooey from the inside and I laugh from how adorable are her stories .. it's a definite 5 stars for me because it was just so CUTE <3

Working in A Winter Wonderland by Aimee Friedman: I liked this story a lot, it gave a good vibe for christmas spirit even if the main protaginist
Chelsey Ellice
Absolutely loved this short story. I wish it was a full book. Such an adorable ending! Love Kasie West!

Merged review:

This short story was adorable. It was a great read and perfect for a Christmas read. Another adorable ending.

Merged review:

This was an enjoyable read. The ending was so sweet but also a little sad.

Merged review:

I did not like this short story 😳

Merged review:

Four short stories in the book. Have to say I loved the first three but the last one by Nic Stone I found really hard and c
Adriana (SaltyBadgerBooks)
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who lives on this planet and can read
Shelves: arc, signed, own
First I'd like to note that my review is based on the ARC that I won during a book event (that yes involved one if the authors) I couldn't be more grateful about receiving this!

I LOVED THIS SO MUCH!!! I would have read it in one day except I needed to comfort my dogs on 4th of July! So yes! I did have a Christmas in July! This book was so cute, and I was so involved with all the characters! I may have got a little teary eyed every once in a while...

But it was just so good! There are only 4 stori

• Maybe This Time
  • Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss (Love, Life, and the List, #2)
  • Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, #3)
  • Listen to Your Heart
  • Lucky in Love
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • On the Fence
  • Love, Life, and the List (Love, Life, and the List, #1)
  • The Distance Between Us
  • The Fill-In Boyfriend
  • My New Crush Gave to Me
  • Serious Moonlight
  • By Your Side
  • Lucky Caller
  • P.S. I Like You
  • Pivot Point (Pivot Point, #1)
  • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
  • If I'm Being Honest
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like