Start by marking “Through The Eyes of Madness” as Want to Read:
Through The Eyes of Madness

Through The Eyes of Madness

No one sets out in life to hit rock bottom.

I found the man I loved, got married, and that was all I got. It went south so fast I never saw the bottom coming, until I was face first in the darkness with the devil himself.

I became a spiraling tornado of chaos. Love, lies, and drugs. It twisted around me, as did his arms. Nothing was the same, nothing will ever be the same…
Kindle Edition
Published March 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Through The Eyes of Madness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through The Eyes of Madness

Start your review of Through The Eyes of Madness
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that I’m going to struggle to find the words for a review. Two authors Barb Shuler and KA Graham have written a well told story full of feels.

Anna’s story isn’t an easy read. Usually I can read a book in one sitting but Anna’s story felt heavy and raw. We are told the story from the point of view of Anna’s therapist and we read Anna’s point of view through her diary. Once I got the jist of the way the story was being told I couldn’t think of a better way to tell it. A
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

I’m angry like crazy angry. The kind of angry that makes me want to ask my husband to teach me to drive his tractor and start digging a person size hole in my yard. I’ve never hated a character so much as I do right now. No, it’s not Anna.

Anna has a history of addiction and apparently choosing men who just fled the prison coop. Her choices are beyond questionable. You see her replacing one addiction with another and that other addiction is a man named Shane. She buys his lies time
Kelly
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing

To the authors who wrote this book,

First and foremost I thank you. I thank you for showing us the perfect imperfections and the hearts struggling to survive. I thank you for bringing to light real life situations and how easy it can be to sink into that brand of quick sand. You showed this reader a mirror as I could relate to quite a few of those situations.

Quote: "I know the misery of life won’t stay away long. It never does."
Just that line alone shattered my heart, because it's true.

The story
Mindy
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a truly emotional story. It grabs you and rips your heart out. The heroine of the story has to overcome some very sad tragedies only to fall into more sadness. The men in her life are the kind you think should have been neutered at birth. I mean some people should never procreate. Some of the females in this book are the kind that give all the rest of us a terrible name. I won't lie. There were many times throughout this story that I felt like slapping the main character, Anna. I underst ...more
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, arc-from-author
This Book is beautifully written and it takes you on a roller coaster of a ride.
The story is told from Anna psychiatrist who is reading it from Anna’s diary.
It is a story of love Loss and heartbreak. Anna’s journey to overcome her past and demons. It is tragic and sad. I really wanted to just climb in this book and Hug Anna and tell her to walk away but it is never just that easy to walk away we can’t help who we fall in love with.
Two authors, I have not read before but will be keeping my eye ou
Sue Green
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ll say straight away that I really liked this book and read it in one sitting, in a couple of hours. The synopsis doesn’t give too much away so unlike most books I read I felt like I was going in blind and had no preconceived ideas about what to expect.

It’s different (a good thing). I don’t want to spoil someone else’s reading experience by giving too many details, but I think it’s ok to say the story is told through the eyes of the heroine’s psychiatrist who is reading through a diary of eve
Shelly Reynolds
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Shane was my drug, and I was addicted. Just like that, I forgave him, but know I will never trust him. how can you ever get trust back when someone has splattered your heart across the floor?"

Wow. Never before have I read a book that hit me like this one. I saw so much of myself in Anna, it was unnerving at times. My heart broke for her. I knew exactly what she was feeling, thinking, and struggling with - not wanting to give up on the person you love, no matter how toxic they've become to you.
S
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing

"I know the misery of life won’t stay away long. It never does."

I had absolutely no idea how the story would progress by reading the blurb as it didn’t give out much so I went in with no expectations or preconceived notions and the way the story started I had a feeling I was in for a gut wrenching ride , and I just have no words for how I feel after reading this book, it was raw and painful. It was very different , The way the story is told to the plot . The story was told by Anna’s psychiatrist
Jo Overfield
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I want to say this book was done exceptionally well.

Anna was a woman who’d found herself lured into a relationship with a man, after already experiencing a life of brokenness. Her choice in Shane was one that was very difficult for me to read. Why? Because like a lot of young women in this world in one way or another they find themselves with men and situations that destroy them emotionally, physically and physiologically by the likes of men such as Shane.

It was hard for me because quite liter
Donna Martin
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anna is someone your heart bleeds for. She tries so hard to find love and when she finally feels like she has it...it slips through her fingers time after time. This is a hard hitting story about what she goes through and the journey to find herself. It is riveting and at times very sad. I must say, i got misty eyed more than once. Its a story that most of us can relate to in our early years and still into our 30's and 40's. The choices we make in life and the paths we take....do they make us st ...more
Breanna
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it
***** 3.5 Stars *****
This story captured my attention from the beginning. This was about Anna and her journey through tragedy. Shane and Anna's relationship was so toxic and unhealthy, it was hard to read at times. I found myself wanting to hug Anna and wanting her to get the strength and courage she needed to get out of that relationship. I wasn't crazy about how the story was told mostly through Anna's diary.
Overall, I enjoyed this story and would like to know what happens in Anna's future.
Debra Sykes
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a book.

It's such a rollercoaster of emotions, I could not read this book
In one sitting I had to keep taking brakes.

Anna is an amazing woman to have been through all that's she went
through and still come out the other side.

The story is mainly Anna and her therapist. Anna's is what she writes in
her journal and the therapist just gives input on what she wants Anna
to talk about.
it's the hardship of what Anna's been through that really
got me.

I have never read anything from these two auth
Sandra Loves Reading
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely compelling!
I've never read a book by either author before and the blurb piqued my curiosity.
This is Anna's story, told through the eyes of her therapist. It's sad, tragic really, but I couldn't help but want to shake her out of the spiral she was in. I think many of us will see some of her traits and recognise them.
This isn't a pretty story. It doesn't have a "HEA" per se, perhaps the HEA is that she survived and can look forward.
Compelling reading.
Kathy West
May 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I went I got this book pretty blind.
I gave this book 3 stars and here is why....
The book has a good story. A story about losing yourself. Not knowing how to get out of a situation your stuck in. Learning to love yourself.
But there were a few times I got confused.
I think some of the same words or phrases were used to many times.
And I didn’t like the ending.
So this was a so/so book for me.
Jennifer Richey
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful but emotional story at the same time. A therapist is helping Anna cope through her inner demons and for her to do that she has to get in her head by reading her diary. Anna goes through a lot with her boyfriend Shane he was her drug she always went back to no matter how much emotional abuse there was. She had numerous mishaps happen and she always forgives will her therapists help her cope through this situation.
Sparklin
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have never read anything by K.A. Graham. These two author did a good job with this emotional roller coaster book. This book is like nothing I have read before. It is told by Anna psychiatrist. She is reading Anna diary. Anna life spirals down from one bad guy to the next.
Elizabeth Gardner
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
This is a well written book that tells of the struggles of the two main characters. The female, through the eyes of the psychiatrist and her diary. And his struggles and manipulations through Anna’s diary. It is not your everyday HEA, bed of Roses romance so this book will not be for everyone.
Cindy
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books-2018
Through The Eyes of Madness is written by 2 authors authors Barb Shuler and KA Graham. Both new to me. It's a very well written story about Anna and her cycles of addiction.

Anna’s story is very heavy and raw. We get her POV through her diary her therapist is reading. Anna seems to have a history of bad relationships and addiction. Leaving her drug addiction in the past, but now seems to have latched herself into sex addiction.

Through The Eyes of Madness is Anna's story. It's a hard read at tim
Autumn Bryant
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written book that takes you on an emotional rollercoaster ride. A story of love, loss, heartbreak, and one woman's journey to overcome her demons. A great read.
Alexis
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
i love this book it was on my dream book list and bday list and omg its so good it was such a pain to put it down i love it so much you must get this book and read it. its a amazing book
Morgan Campbell
Gloria Namasaya
Ashley Ruiz
Julia
Mar 21, 2018

• Finn (The Murphy Boys Book 2)
  • Landen (The Murphy Boys #1)
Barb is a Carolina Girl by right and a Texan by birth. By day she’s a desk jockey for a rural transportation company and a book lover - reading through as many books as she can. At night, though, she turns into alter ego, a writer. Cape, optional, depending on her mood.

Her stories are a mix of real life events, personal experiences and the craziness of her own imagination, and the imaginations of

News & Interviews