Start by marking “Morgan Wade's Woman” as Want to Read:
Morgan Wade's Woman

Morgan Wade's Woman

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  70 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
"You're my wife, Samantha, my woman. You use my name. And what wears that brand is mine!" His touch burned. His voice sent shivers down her spine.

Beautiful, rich, and disdainful of men, once, Samantha would have cut this arrogant rancher dead. But her father's will had changed all that, forcing her to marry within months or forfeit a sizable fortune.

It was his name for her
Mass Market Paperback, Candlelight Ecstasy #11, 192 pages
Published July 1st 1987 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about Morgan Wade's Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morgan Wade's Woman

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Morgan Wade’s Woman took me back to the category romances I read back in the day, from the library growing up in the Chicago suburbs. They had a shelf of them, and you could take them, read the books, and bring them back, trading them out for other ones. My sister and I must have read every Harlequin-type book they had. Although I never read this one, it brings back fond memories.

Storyline:
Samantha’s father has just died, and she found out that obtaining the five million dollar inheritance her f
Chantal ❤️
4 CAPTIVATING STARS

IF YOU FEEL LIKE GOING OLD SCHOOL, THIS BOOK MIGHT BE FOR YOU!

This is the story of Sam aka Samantha Denning a beautiful young "potential" heiress with long mahogany hair, whom after her father's death is obligated to marry. According to the terms of her father's will, she must marry (an American no less), before she turns 25 or she will forfeit her inheritance. Also, it clearly stipulates that the husband would control her inheritance.
Therefore, it's imperative that she cho
LLCSpokane
Feb 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
This was an ok read, but won't be a keeper for me. The heroine, Samantha marries the hero, Morgan, in a marriage in name only. She needs to get married because her father just died and she's found out that if she doesn't marry in 5 months she will lose her 5 million dollar inheritance. As it is she must marry and stay married 5 years. Her husband will control the money for five years and then she and he will jointly control it. So she decides to marry a man she really doesn't know who supposedly ...more
Mareli
Apr 30, 2011 rated it did not like it
not good so far :(

well, I read it until the very end, hoping it would be better, but it didn't. bad books never do. both heroine and hero deserved the title TSTL, for me. They don't talk, they fight, or glare each other. He can comunicate with his brows (very handy) and with that brows he tells her everything "I don't like your dress", "stay put", "you're too charming to be seen" and so on. They hurt each other, phisically too. He forces himself on her after 2 weeks of marriage and the morning a
StMargarets
This one just about old-skooled - the old skool HPs I usually read. This is a marriage-of-convenience-to-inherit-from-Daddy's-will from the heroine's part, and I-fell-in-love-at-first-sight on the rancher hero's part. While at first they may seem miles apart socially, the hero is actually wealthy in his own right and travels the globe in support of his "business interests."

But the heroine doesn't know that - she just knows that the hero stirs her cold English blood like no other man and she is
KatieV
This book is old-school and non-pc. If you can't deal with the controlling, jealous alpha - don't read. However, if you love bodice rippers and older Harlequins, you'll like this. I'll have to say that the retro clothing references and all the smoking made this seem more like something written in the 70s rather than the 80s, but it was highly entertaining.

Personally this would have been a 5-star for me if the sex had been less fade-to-black. I realize that would be a plus for some, it's purely a
Verity
Tedious & sparse dialogue between H/h.
Roub
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
absolutely mind-blowing ! i was stunned, this was an awesome oldie, exceptional ! morgan was besotted at 1st sight. however,this was never obvious. sam was a much sought-after woman due 2 her exquisite beauty, add 2 dat a rich socialite. so it was wise dat morgan did not fall at her feet! he gave the impression dat he wanted her 4 the money. this made sense n did not decrease his integrity bcoz he worked hard, relentlessly, the only thing he seemed 2 lack was an inflow of cash. the book also had ...more
Lisa
Morgan Wade is the alpha male that all other romance heroes have been copied from!!!!
Maria
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love Morgan, yes he was controlling and old school but he was honest and cared about Sam. Samantha on the other hand was not a likable heroine for me. Too immature for a 24 year old nothing she did really made any since. One thing I wish for was more interaction between the H/h but all in all a good read!! First book I read by this author not disappointed.
Ángela Ruiz
Jul 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, romantic
3.5/5
Sherry Ewy
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good book, great plot- but why so many unsaid feelings? Only the harlequin knows!
DA4Pups