Start by marking “Melt” as Want to Read:
Melt

Melt

Antarctica is getting hotter …

Summer Wright, hippie turned TV production assistant, organises her life down to the minute. And when her project-management-guru boyfriend, Adrian, proposes marriage — right on schedule — she will reach the peak of The Cone of Certainty.

At least, that’s the plan – until adventure-show queen Cougar Gale intervenes. Suddenly Summer is impersona
Published May 1st 2018 by Lacuna

To ask other readers questions about Melt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Melt

Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
If you are looking for a smart, modern day romance with a different slant, the buck stops with Melt, the latest novel from Australian author Lisa Walker. Melt is a crisp and snazzy tale that combines a pathway of self discovery, with a touch of romance, which is set against the broad backdrop of Antarctica. Melt is one out of the ordinary story that will be sure to touch your heart.

Melt features loveable lead Summer Wright. Summer is a hippy at heart, who wo
Leanne Francis
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story is quirky, funny, romantic and serious all at once, I really enjoyed it
Bree T
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cannot resist a book about Antarctica. It’s an area that fascinates me and I love reading books set there (not a huge amount in fiction, giving the limited population living on Antarctica at any given time) or watching documentaries about it. Also penguins are my favourite animal and look how adorable this cover is!

Summer Wright is a production assistant for a TV company and since meeting her boyfriend Adrian, has desperately tried to be the sort of girl that she thinks he wants her to be. She
D.M. Cameron
In my humble opinion, Lisa Walker is one of the masters of the rom com in novel form in this country. This is the second book I have read by her now and again she made me laugh out loud. Not an easy thing to do I must admit. I also love how both books had a deeply important and respectful message in terms of the environment hidden under the seemingly fluffy romance ark. She has a wonderful knack at creating funny, deeply flawed women and then cornering them into almost impossible situations. I t ...more
Helen Patrice
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly good read

The books starts out predictably, but by 1/3 of the way through, I was hooked, even though I could see ahead what would happening. A fluffy read that moves beyond its parameters and into some important areas, including media presence and representation, image manipulation, climate change, and the modern obsession with accounting for every moment.
Charming Language
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
The back cover blurb line 'Antarctica - it gives you perspective' sums up the nature of this social-commentary-meets-finding-yourself style novel. Schedule-driven TV production assistant Summer Wright is plonked into chaos when fate sends her on a shoot in Antarctica. Between media poseurs and frustrated climate scientists, the surreal environment puts Summer at a physical and psychological distance from her 'real life' offering a bird's eye view of all that's wrong with the big smoke.

This is a
Malvina
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
You know from the very beginning that Summer Wright is still searching for herself. She thinks she's found her dream boyfriend, and her dream job, but she hasn't...yet! A series of mishaps send her to Antarctica - a bit of a stretch, but hey, this is fiction. There she begins to realise what she truly needs, and it isn't The Cone Of Certainty her project-management boyfriend has told her to strive for. This book seems light and fluffy, but touches on deep, sensitive issues of identity, family, g ...more
Deborah
Fun and enjoyable as well as being about Important World Issues. I liked the characters, and they way they seem exaggerated types like in a rom-com but also have real emotion and growth.
The settings are great -- nicely sketched and fairly familiar to me in Sydney and in the Northern Rivers area, and beautifully described, totally unfamiliar, and awe-inspiring in the Antarctic.
I predicted some of the revelations of the plot, but not all of them.
An easy but satisfying read.
Cathryn Jones
Marianne
Feb 15, 2019
Rosalie
Jul 30, 2019
Lisa's debut Young Adult novel 'Paris Syndrome' and 'Melt' a climate change comedy were released in 2018. Lisa is also the author of 'Sex, Lies and Bonsai', ‘Liar Bird’, and ‘Arkie’s Pilgrimage to the Next Big Thing'.

Lisa's half-hour radio play Baddest Backpackers aired on ABC Radio National in 2008. She was a finalist in the ABC Regional Short Story Award and winner of the Byron Bay Writers Fest