Start by marking “Forever Loved: Eve's Story: A Creative Retelling” as Want to Read:
Forever Loved: Eve's Story: A Creative Retelling

Forever Loved: Eve's Story: A Creative Retelling

Eve.
First woman. First to be tempted. First to sin.

But what if there were more to her story than that?

Forever Loved: Eve’s Story is the story of Father and daughter, as told by Eve. It is a story of preciousness and beauty, of tender love and grace. Through Eve, God reveals his Father heart of love for you, his treasured daughter. He whispers to you now, and c
Published February 21st 2018 by Heartfelt Publications

To ask other readers questions about Forever Loved, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Loved

Start your review of Forever Loved: Eve's Story: A Creative Retelling
Vicki Cottingham
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy reading Biblical fiction, particularly those books which centre around women from the Bible. This book is written from Eve's perspective and within its pages we see the heart of God as Father and his unconditional, endless, love for Eve. There is pain and heartbreak, but also joy and hope in her story. Always at the centre is the message of God's love and acceptance.

There is a real depth to Eve's Story with so much more in it than can be discovered on just one reading. Although i
Amy
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Forever Loved Eve’s Story is exactly what it states it is- a creative retelling of the time Eve opened her eyes at her creation to the time she closes them at her death. The author writes in a very poetic matter, she does add scriptures but most of the story is what might have happened and what Eve may have been thinking.

The author splits up this small book into bite size chunks; I read it in less than an hour all told. The three main sections is Her Story, Eve’s Story, and Your Story with refl
Ruth Hill
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I was not financially compensated, and all opinions are 100 percent mine.

First of all, this is a book that can be read in a relatively short period of time, and the insights the author brings out about a very familiar story are definitely worth the read. While readers may not find anything earth-shattering, there is something sweet about revisiting the story of Even and seeing things through her eyes as opposed to Adam's or even Go
Elizabeth Ainsworth
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a deep and beautifully inspiring read that had me reading it aloud to my husband as we both marvelled at the gems of truth that Joanna unpacked throughout this creative retelling. It is foundational to understanding how God loves us today and our identity as women in a fallen world. What if it's not a blame game but something infinitely more beautiful?
Joy Hunt
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: all women, and men too!
WHAT I LIKED ABOUT FOREVER LOVED, EVE’S STORY
This book was a short and easy read – I actually enjoy them longer, but I felt like I could give this one to a friend and have it not be overwhelming if the friend isn’t a word nerd like me. I like that Ms. Chee fleshed out what might have happened, to get us thinking about it. If you didn’t think storytellng like this could be a part of Bible study, think again. It’s a great way to engage with Scripture and use your God-given imagination to have a co
Debbie
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Forever Loved, Eve’s Story" by Joanna May Chee is a wonderful story that is written as if Eve, the first woman is telling her autobiography. This is a story of Adam's and Eve's love story with each other and with God. This book shows hows our Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to know his true love for us. While reading this book I kept thinking, you know, I can see it happening like this. I think most of us think of Eve as just as the woman who brought sin into our lives and we never really ...more
Margaret Kazmierczak
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever disappointed your Dad? If you haven’t then you are probably unique. You may not have made him cry, but I suspect like the rest of us, you have done something to disappoint him. So when Eve disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden did she make God cry?

My Penny’s Worth
Forever Loved, Eve’s Story by Joanna May Chee is a beautiful story about the Father’s love for His daughter. It opens the door to the Dad of all dads. If you don’t know the love of a dad then reading this book will show you
Nyla
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Author Joanna May Chee has written “A Creative Retelling” of Eve’s story. I am a fan of biblical fiction but don’t like it when they change the story to take too many liberties. This book is so wonderful it would be hard not to like it. It is a paperback that has less than one hundred forty pages, so it could be a quick read. I savored it.

Opening the book is the author’s story. She has a quaint style of writing that I found to be pleasant, Sentences are short but meaningful. I felt as if the aut
ArynTheLibraryan
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Concentrating on the first 4 chapters of Genesis as Eve’s Story has been done before, but this is different. The heart of the story comes alive in a fresh way.
The scripture references are included, so you can check each point out for yourself, which is always a plus in any book like this.
My first impression was Wow! I like this.

Relationship:
I know my dad loves me, and I know God loves me. God is my father, but do I act like I know or believe it? Do my attitude and actions show me as a daughter w
Deana Dick
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The beginning of the book is interesting because it talks about her relationship with her father. It was nice to read how close she was to her father and what a positive influence he was in her life growing up. I also liked how she described having a relationship with her Heavenly Father. I want a deeper relationship with Jesus also.

I did remind myself as I read the book that this is an account of what one person perceives as what could have happened as Eve is introduced to us in the bible. The
Julia
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Forever Loved: Eve's Story by Joanna May Chee is a fictional account of the first woman, Eve. It is not meant to be read instead of the beginning of the Bible but alongside it. It will help to enhance our understanding of Eve and our own relationship with God, our Father.
Joanna May Chee opens with the background to her story. It is God inspired. It is a story of love. A love for Eve. For you. For me. A love that hangs on. A love that will never let us go. A love that never fails.
We 'feel' Eve's
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)

This was an interesting look at a story we all know and love. We all look at Eve as the first one to sin, the wife to Adam, and the mother to mankind. But have you ever stopped to see her as a daughter? To be honest, I never really thought about it that way. I never pictured her speaking with God as her father. Seems silly when you think about it!

What I appreciated about this book was a fresh perspective – Eve as a daughter. Imagine the conversations she had with her Father before sin occurred.
Patti Pierce
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever wondered what it must have been like to be Eve and experienced the Garden of Eden first hand? Have you ever wondered what it must have been like to experience God’s presence in person? Forever Loved Eve’s Story does exactly that. Joanna May Chee does an incredible job of creating the illusion of the reader experiencing the events first hand.

Ms. Chee does a remarkable job of conveying how much a father loves a daughter and how much more so God loved Eve and all of the daughters who
Rosalyn
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book offers much food for thought. I love books that challenge me to see familiar Bible passages in a new way, and this one did just that.

The author shares a bit of her own story, and how God met her in her journey.

Then she goes on to do a retelling of the story of Eve, and how it might have been for her...her relationship with God, first the delight of it all there in the Garden of Eden, and then the pain that her sin brought.

This book reminded me that God loves each and every one of us, a
MaryAnn Bell
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Eve. First woman. First to be tempted. First to sin. But what if there were more to her story than that? Forever Loved: Eve’s Story is the story of Father and daughter, as told by Eve. It is a story of preciousness and beauty, of tender love and grace. Through Eve, God reveals his Father heart of love for you, his treasured daughter. He whispers to you now, and calls you closer.

Includes:

My Story: The author’s personal story of encountering God as Father.
Eve’s Story: A beautifully creative retell
Jamie
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Embracing God's Unfathomable Love

Forever Loved: Eve's Story (A Creative Retelling) is an incredibly beautiful story. Based on details given in the Bible about Eve, Joanna May Chee has prayerfully expanded on those details, sharing insights into Eve's life and relationship with God.
Forever Loved: Eve's Story, becomes my story and every woman's story, as we receive and embrace the deep, gracious love of God. To realize the depth of His love is comforting, reassuring, exciting, humbling, and life
Mary
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would classify this book as basically nonfiction, but the fictionalized account of Eve’s story from creation to post-Fall takes much creative license in adding material not found in the Bible to flesh out the narrative with thoughts, dialogue, etc. I disagree with some of the portrayal, however, generally it follows the biblical outline found in Genesis. The author begins with her own story of coming to know the God the Father, then shares Eve’s tale in a compelling way, followed by a focus on ...more
Kendra Neal
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christians
WOW, this book really puts things into a different perspective for
"Daughters of the King". We all know that God is our Father, but
for Christian Women the relationship can be really explained by
diving into the story of Eve, the first woman. JoAnna May Chee
does that wonderfully in this book.

We all have relationships with our Earthly father and some are
"Daddy's Girls" andhave an extra special bond with our Dad.
I know I had a really close relationship with my Dad, whom I
miss dearly gone almo
Janice Sisemore
Shelves: 2019
Forever Loved Eve’s Story

A very unique retelling of Eve story in the Bible. The comparison of before and after when Adam and Eve ate the Apple from the tree that God told them not to. The part when playing with the animals was a fun scene. The book goes a little ways past Cain and Abel story. I found the book very interesting. There is a companion guide to this book to for a Bible study. Has a sample at the end of this book. It looks to be a very useful study guide. I really loved the way how t
Donna C
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If I could give a book six stars I would have!

This is Eve’s Story, not Adam and Eve’s story, but Eve’s story and her relationship with God, as her Father and creator. It is a creative retelling from Eve’s perspective.

WOW! I grew up hearing the story of Adam and Eve, and most of the time Eve was the bad guy who talked Adam into eating the Apple. I had never really thought about Eve as the first woman and all being the first woman really meant. I never thought of Eve and all of her heartbreaks, n
Karen Purcell
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
I loved this book! I've already read it twice and am on my third read. Simply but beautifully told, an old tale with a fresh, Holy Spirit illuminated interpretation. Theologically sound, some of the simplest sentences have had me going over them again and again because when linked to scripture throughout the Bible (some already dug out for you - some from my own knowledge of scripture) they impacted my mind, heart and spirit with just such deep impact. Would lend this to anyone, believer or seek ...more
Jennifer  J.
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A creatively written imaginative first person narrative based on the Biblical story of Eve. The author has crafted a dramatic and detailed fictionalization based on the book of Genesis, chapters 1-5. There is a certain amount of dramatic license taken to personalize and add depth and breadth. The author shares her passion by declaring her purpose in this book as “reach women around the world, women who are hurting, women who have never heard God loves them, women who just simply want to know God ...more
Dalletta Reed
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Inspired, thought provoking, sensitively written. Easy to read, and well worth reading again. Because Joanna shared her own story first, it opened my mind and heart. Her passion is to stir the hearts of others to seek and know God. Eve's story is also our story--except that we have no experience of a world without pain, war, anger, fear, selfishness, etc. I also appreciate that Joanna has provided Bible study materials if the reader wants to delve deeper into the creation story.
Annakarin Steen
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read for every woman wondering about the Father heart of God! It's a beautiful love story, awakening longing in my own heart to experience more of the Father's love. If you'll only read one book this year, this is the one! Don't miss out on this captivating, creative retelling of Eve's Story.
Beth Cooksey
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This Biblical fiction book is a very easy read which will leave you feeling encouraged. Joanna has successfully got into Eve's mind and the chapters where death entered our world I found particularly moving. This little book is big on character and helps us understand or confirms how much our Father God loves us. We are indeed forever loved.
Bree
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and the story behind it. It was fun to read, I felt as though I was learning details that I never took away from the Bible. Though it is a story woven with the author’s opinion, she did a nice job of finding the truth to keep with Eve. It is a book I would recommend and encourage you to read.

Melissa Henderson
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Inspirational book reminding us of God's love for all His children. Read this unique and personal story of Eve and her relationship with God. The author shares her personal relationship with God, too. I received a copy of this story from the author and this is my own personal honest opinion.
Virginia Winfield
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very good retelling of the story of Adam and Eve from Eve’s point of view. I really enjoyed how the author sees what Eve did. I received a copy of this book from Celebratelit for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will.
Desna
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book but far too short. 132 pages and every other page has a picture of a flower. So really only about 65 pages you can read. Disappointed it wasn’t longer because I did enjoy it. I have it 2 stars due to being a very quick read.
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this creative retelling of the creation story. The author paints a sweet picture of Eve's relationship with her "Papa." It was a quick read that was light and full of encouragement.

• The Amish Candymaker (The Amish of Mackinac County, #2)
  • The Essence of Humility (Cinnamah-Brosia's Inspirational Collection for Women, #3)
  • The White City (True Colors)
  • A Love to Behold
  • Castle on the Rise (Lost Castle, #2)
  • Ellie's Redemption (Amish Charm Bakery #2)
  • The Secrets of Paper and Ink
  • Brunch at Bittersweet Café (The Saturday Night Supper Club, #2)
  • The Seamstress
  • Texas My Texas (Cross Timbers Romance Family Saga Book 2)
  • Ladies of Intrigue: 3 Tales of 19th-Century Romance with a Dash of Mystery
  • Moments We Forget (Thatcher Sisters #2)
  • Finding Amor (Buscando Home, #1)
  • The Memory House
  • Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge: A Biography for Children
  • The Great Lakes Lighthouse Brides Collection: 7 Historical Romances are a Beacon of Hope to Weary Hearts
  • Flights of Fancy (American Heiresses, #1)
  • On The Rails: A Harvey Girl Story