Start by marking “Three Weeks to Forgiveness: God's Redemption in the Dark Places of Addiction” as Want to Read:
Three Weeks to Forgiveness: God's Redemption in the Dark Places of Addiction

Three Weeks to Forgiveness: God's Redemption in the Dark Places of Addiction

What would you do if your estranged, homeless, alcoholic father suddenly showed up at your door? What if you knew in three weeks you would be saying good-bye to him forever? One daughter knows deep down that her only choice, for the sake of Christ, is to forgive—but how?

Adult children of alcoholics and addicts live caged in guilt, shame, depression, and other self-destruct
Paperback, ARC, 154 pages
Published April 2018 by eLectio Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Three Weeks to Forgiveness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Weeks to Forgiveness

Janice
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For anyone that has ever been touched by addiction, this book is for you! Dewberry has shared her personal testimony in a way that will help you realize the effects of addiction in and around your life, and her personal journey to the other side, is an inspiration to all. I plan on getting this one for both my little ones when it is released in physical format. And I am so blessed to be a part of this book launch! I received an advance reader copy from the publisher.
Holly Waugh
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kimberly Dewberry is extremely vulnerable while sharing her story. She shares how being raised by her alcoholic father led to some poor decisions that she made as an adult. Most importantly, she shares how there is forgiveness and grace from the Lord for those decisions. They don't have to impact the rest of your life.

Kimberly also shares about the three weeks with her father where God blessed her with the opportunity to re-unite with him and find forgiveness in her heart. This is truly an insp
Melissa Henderson
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Personal life journey account of the author through trials and tribulations and how she handled these situations. Learning how to understand and deal with someone who has an addiction is vital to understanding others and ourselves. Each person has their own way of coping with addiction. The author shares honest, heart wrenching details of her life and path to finding the love of God. Amazing book. I received an advance reader copy from the publisher and this is my personal honest opinion. No rev ...more
Tanya Gioia
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher.

Gripping! I needed to read more. I rarely find non-fiction so enthralling. Kimberley is an awesome story teller. She moves you to tears and laughter all in the same page.

Kimberley weaves in God's glory through this tale of family love - family division- family reinvented. A enlightening picture of how we see ourselves. How we see God. How we want to value the love of family even in the "crazy times".

Purchase this book and get ready for a thr
Rachelle
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Three Weeks To Forgiveness: God's Redemption In The Dark Places of Addiction, is one woman's true story of how the grips of addiction tears families apart.

Kimberly Dewberry is a master storyteller, and powerfully shares the pain, turmoil, chaos, guilt and confusion caused by this horrible disease. Kimberly writes with vulnerability and transparency, her life long battle of being a child of an alcoholic and addict, and how it impacts not only the victim, but the entire family. You will laugh, cr
Lindsey Zitzmann
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Three Weeks to Forgiveness: God's Redemption in the Dark Places of Addiction" is a heart-wrenchingly raw and vulnerable depiction of the pain, loss, chaos, and confusion caused by addiction. Dewberry masterfully portrays the life-long struggles that impact both the addict and their family members. She opens up about the lies, shame, and guilt that are imprinted in the minds of the children of alcoholics/addicts, trapping them and keeping them stuck in their own unhealthy patterns. But we are no ...more
Amanda Gardner
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's an amazing story on a girls journey on the road to forgiveness. The author takes us through her story of having an addict as a father. But God had a different journey for her the road to recovery ,healing,and forgiveness.Kimberly had to go through many of obstacles to get to where she is today. This book has hit home to me in so many ways. Learning to deal with a parent with addiction isn't something we want to deal with . Read the book look at how Kimberly overcame adversity. A big Thumbs ...more
Kristine
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I am not an ACOA, however, I have known and loved those with addictions and alcoholism specifically hits close to home. I could really relate to this book and was in tears several times as I identified with feelings that the author expressed. Ms. Dewberry has a way of telling her story that draws you in and keeps you turning the pages until the last one. I went through the book pretty quickly because I had to know what happened next! One aspect of this book that I ...more
Shannan Williams
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In Three Weeks To Forgiveness author Kimberly Dewberry shares her story. It’s real, raw, and honest truth about what addiction can do to a family. In this case it was alcohol, but this could go for any type of addiction I think. I have come face to face with alcohol and drug addiction by people that were very close to me, and this book describes it so well.

I love how the author also tells how she needed to forgive and could only do that with God’s help. This book is a must read if you or anyon
Terri Trieb
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Today there are thousands of adult “survivors” that were raised with an addicted parent and/or parents.

Kimberly Dewberry’s new book Three Weeks to Forgiveness tells of her childhood struggle raised in a home with an alcoholic father. And then marrying and carrying this same cycle into her adulthood. And also learning that co-dependency is as much as an addiction as the alcohol.

Kimberly writes “through the pain, struggles, divorces, bad decisions, hurt, guilt, regret and grief; God never left o
Karen Lovekamp
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had no intention to sit down and read Three Weeks to Forgiveness cover to cover in one sitting. Kimberly Dewberry story drew me in Help, Healing and Hope are in these pages. Reading about forgiveness is one thing but the way Kimberly will walk you through her journey is another thing. She doesn't sugar coat anything. Her journey to redemption is very compelling. I love how she will point out Where was God?
This book is life changing.

I received an advance reader copy from the publisher.
Shemeca Richard
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this book, Kimberly displays “true, raw emotions” that are felt by adult children of alcoholic parents. Kimberly’s story is an excellent example of God’s redemption and true forgiveness. I especially love the “Where Was God” section at the end of each chapter, as it really makes you take the time to stop, pause, and think about the topic that is being related to the scriptures. As a Qualified Mental Health Professional and a Ministry Leader, I recommend this book as a “healing resource” for a ...more
Vickie Henderson
I experienced every emotion reading this book. Beginning with the introduction, I cried. Honestly through the middle, I was repulsed and angry and wondering where to find hope in this story. Finally it came and I found the truth: get out of the way, release control and let God work. What a beautifully ugly, painfully joyful story of redemption, not our way but God's. And that is the truth in it all, but God...
Bree Sapp
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For anyone who has ever searched for God in a dark place, for recovering addicts, or for someone who has dealt with a family member’s addiction, this book is sure to enlighten you. The author describes her experience growing up in a household with an addict and the toll it took on her life. She bravely describes how that environment affected her family, feelings, behaviors, and life choices. Reading this book from her perspective really allowed me to get a glimpse of how addictions affect the en ...more
Ty
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book tells the story of the author's struggles with addiction and forgiveness. The reader gets an all access pass into the heart of the author. I really enjoyed this book because I could relate so much. I have never experienced addiction, but I have struggled with loss and forgiveness. I gleaned so much from this book. It is a must read!

I received an advance reader copy from the publisher.
Elyzabeth Michael
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Three Weeks to Forgiveness shines redemption in any circumstance. No matter what background you grew up in, every family has it's dysfunctional seasons. I experienced hope, knowing I'm not alone in this recovery process. When reading each page it was as if I was breathing in fresh air. I received an advance reader copy from the publisher.
Jeanne Hewitt
Stories are powerful. Reading Kimberly’s story of growing up in the home of an alcoholic father, escaping that home, and then being reunited with her dad years later was intriguing. She keeps the reader interested with her dialogue and description. The story moves quickly and God is ultimately glorified through Kimberly's relationships. I love testimonies that tell of God's faithfulness!

I received an advanced reader copy from the publisher.
Reader Views
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed by Paige Lovitt for Reader Views (5/18)

“Three Weeks to Forgiveness: God's Redemption in the Dark Places of Addiction” by Kimberly Dewberry is her compelling journey to forgiveness and healing. Kimberly is the child of an addict. While she was growing up, she got to see both the good and the bad sides of her father. At times he was a hardworking man and a loving husband. Then there were other times where he would leave the house and disappear. Frequent let downs by his addiction caused h
Lisa P Clement
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are dealing with pain from growing up in a life of dysfunction and there is forgiveness needed either for yourself or those who hurt you then please read this book.
It is real, raw, and honest about life with addiction. The author shows us how life can sometimes be when growing up with an alcoholic parent but that there is redemption for us all. Through sharing her journey in life she is a great example of what it is like to walk in forgiveness and healing.
I will be ordering a copy to sh
Kirstin Yates
Sheyper
May 13, 2018
Tessa Perrin
Jan 03, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Unpublished Book Cover Replacement 9 43 Apr 05, 2018 05:17PM