Start by marking “The Complete Tales from the Crypt (The Complete EC Library)” as Want to Read:
The Complete Tales from the Crypt (The Complete EC Library)

The Complete Tales from the Crypt (The Complete EC Library)

4.57  ·  Rating details ·  49 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
The Complete run of the EC comic book TALES FROM THE CRYPT (including THE CRYPT OF TERROR) reprinted from the original artwork in glorious b&w (with full cover glossy cover inserts) along with all related ads, letters page, text pieces, etc. into five hardcover volumes stored in a handsome slipcover. The stories and stark black-and-white artwork by Johnny Craig, Wally ...more
960 pages

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Tales from the Crypt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Tales from the Crypt

Suvi
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
A few years back I found the HBO show and immediately fell in love. The snarky and (literally) rotten Crypt Keeper introducing and concluding every episode, the gruesome twists of the stories, the unashamedly uncensored content, all the familiar names that were involved either behind or in front of the camera etc. How about an episode directed by Arnold Schwarzenegger, William Friedkin, or John Frankenheimer? Or seeing Judd Nelson giving a dubious steak recipe to Christopher Reeve (co-starring w ...more
Andy
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read all of the EC horror comics (Tales From the Crypt, The Haunt of Fear and The Vault of Horror) in order of publication over a course of about two years. It took a while because it's about 90 issues, and I'm not always in the mood for comics. However, these were consistently great fun, generally well-written and the art was great to superb. "Ghastly" Graham Ingels being my favorite artist here.

I'm such a sucker for this kind of stuff, but I never had access to it until recently. And I never
Shawn
Jan 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Well, as might be expected, my review of this went *waaaaaaay* too long, so I ended up having to stick it into the "writing" section of Goodreads. It was a labor of love and I hope you'll make the extra clicks it takes to get there - assuming you have an interest in intensive and rigorous examinations of seminal horror comics of the 1950s!

So the review can be found here at: The Complete Tales from the Crypt, and as always I thank you for your consideration!
Al Capwned
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
The plot twists are really predictable most of the times and when they are not, they are usually too cringy, as if the creator is just trying to find a twist that nobody would expect and ends up with something outrageously silly. Maybe it was something during the 50s but it feels too outdated today.
Kyle
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, favorites
An invaluable piece of American comic book history. My only complaint is that the pages aren't in their original color, but it's something that I can definitely live with in order to be able to read sixty year old comics.
Panagiotis Karachalios
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of the best of its kind!!
Johnny Duncan