Start by marking “#1 Muse (#1 Series, #5)” as Want to Read:
#1 Muse (#1 Series, #5)

#1 Muse

(#1 Series #5)

Sure, she didn’t have to conform to ridiculous beauty standards and give up her love for raw cookie dough, but the sting of rejection burned all the same. The only things that kept her sane were her two amazing roommates and her guilty pleasur
Published October 4th 2018 by T Gephart

To ask other readers questions about #1 Muse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about #1 Muse

Start your review of #1 Muse (#1 Series, #5)
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This book was so entertaining! I laughed and swooned.

Claire and Nick are so great together. I loved Claire so much! She's hilarious and her inner dialogues made me laugh so hard! Her friends are amazing too. I wish I could be part of their gang. Nick is sexy, smart and sweet. He also has a dominant streak that I adored.

This is a great example of what a romantic comedy should be. I had so much fun while reading this book but it's not only laughs and giggles. It also has enough depth for me to c
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
I started this RomCom thinking that maybe it was a little too ‘Com’.. not enough ‘Rom’... but boy was I wrong! ...it was just perfect! #1 Muse is a well written story that blends laugh out loud silliness with swoony romance that entertains while pulling you in.

”It was like he had special powers, the ability to make women swoon into a puddle within seconds.”

Claire Becker is a screenwriter struggling with her writing, although she has been secretly penning fan-fic staring herself and her crush, a
Michelle Claypot_Reads
This one is going straight into my 2018 Favourites!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it!!!

I have really enjoyed all the books in this #1 series but this one is by far my favourite. I have a serious girl crush on Claire. Her honesty, her humour, her self deprecating internal dialogue - everything about her made me just adore her. I LOL'd a lot in this one. I could totally see us being best friends. Then we have Nick - well he's BBF Hall of Fame kind of awesome. He's sexy, witty and super sweet with just the r
Barbara
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
Rebecca
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
There’s no better story to tell than your own, especially if it’s fan-fiction, and there’s a gorgeous, intelligent, and talented man written into said plot line - one who allows you to experience all the sexy goodness in a whirlwind romance…of the fictional variety. And, even though Claire Becker may not have made it in show business yet, she sure has one hell of an imagination and quite the storytelling prowess, so much so, that her roommate takes it upon herself to send Claire’s muse - the rea ...more
Karen
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Probably the only criticism would be that there was only one point of view, Claire's. Claire was talented but in her view she was very insecure. So when Nick did in fact fall for her we wondered why.....I did anyway. Thank goodness for Luke and Scully to have as friends that encouraged her through life.

The story was indeed inter workings of Hollywood. Claire was a screen writer and her project did not at all go as planned.

Nick was nice but one dimensional because of that POV thing.
Joy Novel Thoughts
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put #1 Muse down! It had some serious #1 Crush vibes, it took me way back to beginning of the series, with it's quirky love you from afar comedy.

Nick and Claire's story is epic, what starts as an easy breaking and entering job to get back her manuscript turns complicated. I can't explain to you how much I loved this #1 Muse, both characters had their quirks, but the intensity and judgement free love and passion they had for each was a breath of fresh air.

Prior to reading #1 Muse I wa
Tina Louise
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
#1 Muse knocked my socks off! Not only is it a funny, romantic comedy, it is a well written and fast paced story. It even held a few twists and surprises that had this seasoned reader's heart jumping.

When I say that this book is a romantic comedy, I mean that it is side splitting, laugh out loud funny. But not in that ridiculous, over the top unbelievable way. The pop culture references, witty dialogue, internal musings and relatable situations make #1 Muse my favourite of the series.

Ms Gephar
Cindy M. Green
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun, sassy, witty writing in this rom-com that is sure to put a smile on your face 😊

T Gephart knows what she's doing when it comes to romantic comedy. Her characters are engaging, entertaining and all-around fun. Claire is hilarious in her shenanigans while she tries making a name for herself in the ruthless movie industry. Her inner monologue will surely have you snort-laughing, at the same time you'll be wishing she was your best friend.

Nick is not your typical Hollywood hottie. He's humble,
Christina Crow
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a funny read really enjoyed this book I couldn't put it down!
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on Behalf of http://bookaddict.live, 4.5
Well it’s back with the Larssons and its Nick’s turn to fall in the love.
Claire is a screenwriter who had been going through a bad patch, with inspiration nowhere to be seen she uses her secret crush Nick Larsson the star of a popular television series.
Nick Larsson has always been someone that she has a crush on. So to get back in writing groove she has used Nick as her muse. So for fun she has been writing a series  about a couple called  Nick an
Stephanie S
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is awesome!! I laughed so much with this one and it was much needed at the time. I have loved all of the Larsson men each for a different reason but Nick is different than his brothers.

Nick with his sexy ways and Claire with her quirky life make a great pair once they are able to clear the air and develope a real relationship that some only dream of. I mean who wouldn't want to meet their Muse of their writing and fall in love!!

Again I can't say how much I have loved this series and
Ariel
Oct 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 2%
Even though I knew she was going to break into this man’s house, I didn’t think being inside her head would be this creepy. She literally sounds psychotic. If someone you didn’t know broke into your house like that and you could hear the thoughts she was having, I’m positive you would shoot this person and claim self-defense. She is certifiably insane as far as I’m concerned.
Renee
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Landing a writing gig in Hollywood was just as difficult as becoming an actor, and something Claire Becker had learned the hard way. Sure, she didn't have to conform to ridiculous beauty standards and give up her love for raw cookie dough, but the sting of rejection burned all the same. The only things that kept her sane were her two amazing roommates and her guilty pleasure-writing fan-fiction. Getti
Michelle
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: https://bookbriefs.net**#1 MUSE is the fifth book in the #1 series by T. Gephart. Each of the books in the series are romantic comedies, but they do not need to be read in order. This is the first book in the series I have checked out so far and, while it was more than a little far fetched, it was a lot of fun. In Muse, we meet Claire, who is an out of work screen writing in LA, who is looking for a show or movie to be a writer on. On the s ...more
Love & Lavender Book Review
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Nick Larsson is my new favorite Larsson brother!! This book is my favorite of the series so far, and they keep getting better!! Not only is Nick totally swoon worthy but this book is FIRE 🔥 I’m talking HAWTNESS!

Claire and her besties, Luke and Scully, steal the show with their unfiltered honestly and unconditional love for each other. They really raise the bar on the BFF level. I love Claire; she’s a fierce chick who goes after what she wants. Little did she know her hair brain id
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

T. Gephart continues to impress and leave me in awe of this "can't get enough of this" series. Funny. Sexy. Sweet. A ton of feels and the absolute best laughs.... the #1 series is quite honestly one of the most addicting and completely unforgettable series I've ever read... in every single way that there is in a romance novel. Every character, every word, and every single moment is written in the best kinds of ways.

#1 Muse is the fifth standalone in this series, giving Claire and Nick's
Zilpha Owens
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tina Gephart knows how to write a rom-com. Her #1 series has been nothing but hilarious and full of romance. #1 Muse is exactly what I’ve come to expect and love in her romantic comedies!

Claire Becker is an out of work screenwriter fooling around with fan-fic. Her muse? Hot as heck actor Nick Larsson. Claire’s the kind of friend you want - intelligent, supportive and dependable. Nick isn’t your typical hot actor - he’s sweet and humble with just a bit of dirty talk mixed in. Both are witty and c
Christina J.
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
*Spoiler free*

*4 stars*

I really enjoyed Muse! It was sweet and romantic and funny. A romantic comedy through and through from the very beginning.

Claire is struggling finding her way in Hollywood, writing fan fiction about her favorite celeb Nick Larsson gets her through the day. Clare has had a thing for the man since they met on set years ago and still mourns the missed opportunity. While it's just a hobby, Clare's two roommates insists that the stuff she writes is really good which is why wh
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
Oh my god, Nick and Claire were just so damn cute and amazing that I was a swoony mess.

I could not, for the life of me, stop laughing throughout this book. It was just a refreshing change to what I have currently been reading and I just loved it!

Claire, oh my god, Claire! This girl was so freaking adorable and hilarious. I looked like a crazy woman laughing throughout this book. If you're looking for a rom-com, then this is the perfect one for you. I am so sure that you will not be disappointed
Kim
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed

First, I need to get this rant out, apartment or house?! They all started in an apartment, Claire's had stairs. Then they were in curbside houses?!

I wasn't feeling this Insta-love relationship. Claire was a stalker, obsessed in a seriously questionable way with Nick. We were supposed to believe that he fell in love with someone like that?
They spent 95% of their time having sex, it became so repetitive that I skimmed over half of nearly every chapter. Aside from that we got to read,
Gayle
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yet another perfect read for me that I completely lost myself into.

Claire is independent, a dreamer, driven, slightly crazy with a smart mouth and the biggest heart.
Nick is all kinds sexy, successful in his own right, deliciously naughty with a stunning smile and witty charm.
Scully and Luke. These two simply crack me up. Best friends that anyone of us would want. They are loyal, smart and all kinds of awesome.

But put Claire, Nick, Scully and Luke together, what you get is one explosive read th
Amanda
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, that’s it, #1 Muse is officially my favourite book of this series! I have the biggest girl crush on Claire, I love her honesty, her quirkiness and especially her crazy. And Nick, so funny and sweet and just so genuine! I really enjoyed this story, it had a bit of everything from humour with some wicked banter, a whole host of awesome side characters, some drama and a tiny bit of angst. I’m going to be sad to see the end of this series that’s for sure!
Christine
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun and entertaining read!! I absolutely loved #1 Muse!! Nick and Claire's story was just so good I couldn't put it down and finished it in one day. It was absolutely hilarious, yet super sweet and sexy. These Larsson brothers and the women that steal their hearts are just too much fun to read about.
Nicole Erard
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
#1 Muse is a total laugh out loud read!! Claire is a witty slightly crazy heroine that we can all relate to, and Nick is one of those sexy Larrson brothers!! This just might be my favorite book of this series!! Don’t miss this feel good read!
joy
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
this series makes me laugh so much of the antics of Claire plus love her best friends Luke and Scully.
Laci
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like this series. I've read all 5. Each are different. They are nicely spaced out. I'm not waiting forever and day. Definitely recommend.
Stephanie Osborne
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A positively delightful standalone, but PLEASE read the rest of the series to avoid spoilers! You'll love it!

With each new Larsson, I declare HE's my favorite. And again its true of Nick. Although quite difficult to upstage his charming, swoony brother Dave, Nick has definitely given it a valiant effort!

And Claire - she is by far my favorite heroine of the series. She's strong, determined and so so funny! The dialogue - both internal and what "slips out" of Claire's mouth is so entertaining.

A
Emily
Claire Becker has had a crush on Nick Larsson from the moment she met him briefly. Claire is trying to find her next job as a writer, but in her spare time she writes about her muse, Nick. When her story ends up in Nick's hand, Claire goes beyond no limits to get it back putting her face to face with Nick. Nick and Claire come together but can an actor and a writer come together and stay together.

This was a bit angsty for me, I liked Claire but at times it she needed a back bone. This was quickl
Annette Brignac
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic read from this amazing author!  This story has skyrocketed to my second favorite read from her. I have not laughed so hard  in a long time and it felt so dang good!

Claire is hilarious with her internal monologue.  While she is funny, she is also strong and knows exactly what she wants. Nick balances her so well. He too is hilarious and always has a quick comeback for her.

It was wonderful to see the Larsson's all together again, creating laughs and happiness.

I absolutely rec
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Cupids Anonymous (Cupids, #1)
  • Love, Sincerely, Yours
  • Once Upon a Wild Fling (Heartbreakers, #3)
  • Mr Casanova (Billionaire Bachelors Book 5)
  • Best Served Cold
  • Tequila, Tequila
  • Once Upon a Real Good Time (Heartbreakers, #1)
  • Once Upon a Sure Thing (Heartbreakers, #2)
  • Dear Jane
  • The Simple Life (Hometown Love Series #1)
  • Fall (VIP, #3)
  • Unzipped (Lucky in Love #4)
  • How to Choose a Guy in 10 Days (Chick Flick Club, #1)
  • One Night Stand-In (Boyfriend Material #3)
  • Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material #2)
  • Muse (Manhattan, #3)
  • Crushing on the Cop (Blue Collar Brothers, #2)
  • Engaged to the EMT (Blue Collar Brothers, #3)
T Gephart is a USA Today and International bestselling author from Melbourne, Australia.

With an approach to life that is somewhat unconventional, she prefers to fly by the seat of her pants rather than adhere to some rigid roadmap.

Her lack of "plan" has resulted in a rather interesting and eclectic resume, which reads more like the fiction she writes than an actual employment history.

She'd tell

#1 Series (6 books)
  • #1 Crush (#1 Series, #1)
  • #1 Player (#1 Series, #2)
  • #1 Rival (#1 Series, #3)
  • #1 Lie (#1 Series, #4)
  • #1 Love (#1 Series, #6)