Start by marking “The Protégé” as Want to Read:
The Protégé

The Protégé

He’s always protected me since I was eight years old, the neglected girl he took off the street and raised as his own. Laszlo can feel what music needs instinctively. He can tell what I need.

ebook, 1st Edition
Published July 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Protégé, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Protégé

Knight by Kristen AshleyLook But Don't Touch by Cara DeeDaddy Morebucks by Normandie AllemanPoor Little Daddy's Girl by Normandie AllemanLandslide by N.J. Cole
Books with Daddy Dom
83 books — 111 voters
Call Me Daddy by Jade WestAct Your Age by Eve DangerfieldKnight by Kristen AshleySugar Daddies by Jade WestOwning Her Innocence by Alexa Riley
DDLG
61 books — 54 voters

More lists with this book...

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! The Protégé (stand-alone). A forbidden & kinky mentor-protégé budding romance with much to overcome!

“Good girl, Isabeau. All three. Daddy. Sir. Maestro. I rule you in all three parts of your life and don’t you fucking forget it.”

The Protégé opens up to cellist Isabeau Laurent, Issy returning to her home time after three years in college. She is apprehensive about seeking out her former ward and maestro, Laszlo Valmary. More on why to unfold with story.

Held back by secrets, forbid
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳An intense romance filled with raw passion that makes your dirty mind run around with lust and addiction...

➳Encountering with authors that truly do make you change your mind about a specific topic deserve the best of everything when it comes down to kink romances. My mind has been blown away at how much I truly did enjoy this filthy romance. Never in a million years would I have thought that an addiction to daddy kink would grow on me. For once, I am glad to have been surprised by such a wond
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description~WRITING - PLOT - PACE~
So wow...this book turned out to be significantly better and had way more depth than I thought it would. I've never read anything by this author before, and honestly, the blurb made me think this was going to be one of those insta love, daddy kink type of books (nothing wrong with those). What I actually got was a bloody fantastic, beautifully written, and complex love story. I can't think of a single negative thing to say about it. As I said, the writing was amazing. Th

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I'd been following the author's teasers for this book eagerly on Twitter and was delighted when she offered me an ARC. I started reading it a month ago...and then put it on hold and basically forgot about it, because it was so, so different from the other two books by Hale that I'd read and loved, and not in a good way.

THE PROTEGE is a romance between a cellist (Isabeau) and a conductor (Laszlo). Laszlo happens upon Isabeau when she's just
warhawke
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Daddy lovers
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Isabeau Laurent was only eight years old when her life changed dramatically. Picked up from the street, her raw talent as a cellist was honed to perfection as she grew into a young woman. But a mistake cost her everything she ever wanted and she was determined to fix it.

Laszlo Valmary knew talent when he saw one. As the conductor of an orchestra, he reveled in the control he had in shaping the direction of the music and
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4,5 Hot Stars

Such a brilliant,passionate and intense story.I was intrigued from the moment I read the synopsis and when I start reading it I find myself hooked.I loved the writing a lot and the story was interesting!

“It’s always been you and me, babygirl, one way or another. Even when we were apart my heart has always been with you.”

Isabeau and Laszlo’s love is different and unique.These two have an amazing bond, there is chemistry and passion between them.

I'm looking forward to read more books
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Surprising Stars

Well, isn’t this the little gem I found. The Protégé was written really well, engaging and some what kinky. I loved every minute of it and thank you goodreads for helping me find this author.

When I started the book I got a little nervous because the two characters, Laszlo and Isabeau had history and something happened. I didn’t want to read a angsty book, but this wasn’t!

The book is mostly in the present, but there are some flashback chapters and to my surprised I really love
Melanie A.
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, smutastic
4 STARS!
I feel like he burned right through my soul and woke up parts of me that I never knew were slumbering.
Gotta love a smutty book that has some depth!

When orchestra conductor, Laszlo happens upon a child playing her cello for money on a cold London street corner, he just can't bear to let her natural talent languish. He soon becomes the 8 year old Isabeau's guardian and mentor.

Fast forward ten years and they've both developed feelings for each other, feelings that for obvious reasons
Kate ♥
4 Stars!!

I went into this book blind, without reading the synopsis, and I was pleasantly surprised!!
This book centered around a younger woman and an older/father figure man who fall in love. The love is very taboo and reminded me very much of Fearless and how they shared a unique and inseparable bond that was seen as taboo due to its father/daughter nature.

I was also very surprised this book had a sub/dom relationship! No where in the beginning of the book did it hint that the main characters
Anya
Holy goodness for a book not that long, it took me quite a while to finish it. And why not? It was so tempting to fly through it in one go. I honestly had to ration out the readings so that I could stretch them over a few days rather than having all the fun in one sitting. [Thank you so much, Brianna, for being so kind to offer me the arc and saving me from waiting for the book! <3]

I'm personally not a fan of huge age gap in relationships (they generally have a non-consensual power imbalance
Carla Bulian
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,6. Livro bem escrito, porém não senti muita conexão entre os personagens principais. Achei tudo superficial demais!
Alyssa
10's Across the Board!

Let me get the full disclosure stuff out of the way. Laszlo is 17 years older than Isabeau. He became her guardian at a young age. She became his protege. [Nothing happens until legal age]. He is her daddy, her sir, her maestro.

Ok, so I feel like you already know where your line is drawn in the sand. If you cannot get behind this taboo, then you just cant. BUT, if you're like me and your moral line was washed out to sea a long time ago, then you'll just find yourself readi
Wendy ⏃: ✦●•CCBH Blogger•●✦
5 STARS!

REVIEW TO COME.

*AN ARC WAS KINDLY PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.*
Beatrix
This my first book by Brianna Hale and I really liked it. I loved her writing so much that I immediately picked up her other books.

Now, having read those, I liked those a little bit more.
Still, I'd recommend The Protégé if you like taboo reads.
Brianna Hale
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

My world shattered the night of my eighteenth birthday and he still hasn’t forgiven me for what I did. I’m not asking him to love me, touch me, take me to bed. What I want goes deeper than that and I have to say this out loud because it’s one thing that music won’t be able to tell him.

I want what only Laszlo
Mimiorphee
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, arc
Brianna Hale is another new-to-me author whose universe I loved. In The Protégé she explores the taboo feelings of Lazlo, conductor of the Royal London Symphony Orchestra, and Isabeau, who has been his protégé since she was 8 years old.

The blurb and the cover, drew me in but the justesse of the tone, the characterization, and the finesse of the feelings were utterly enticing.

The tone is dark and intriguing, passionate and wistful. The what-ifs and guilt, although ever-present, were perfectly b
Kübra  Yağmur Aslanhan
@ilknur a.k.a iko’nun zannettiği gibi dark çıksaydı var ya... mis olurdu mis, mis!

Düzenli okuduğum yazarlar haricinde kolay kolay kimsenin kitabını çıkar çıkmaz okumak gibi bir huyum yoktur. Kitap çıktığından beri de kapağı olsun birkaç yorum olsun oldukça gözüme çarpıyordu ama okumaya, hiç değilse böyle çabuk, niyetim yoktu. Tabii sevgili aşüfteler aşüftesi amme hizmeti yapıp gruba kitabı atmasaydı böyle de giderdi.
Zank diye muhabbetin ortasına kitabı atıp yok dark yok BDSM dedi, ben yükseldim
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads, arcs, sonal
THIS BOOK OWNS MY HEART FROM NOW TILL ETERNITY! *broken sobs*

Isabeau and Laszlo were brought together by fate. A small girl brought down by the evils of her circumstances and a man who recognises the beauty of music inside of her. Their love seems impossible but music will bind them forever.

I cannot explain how much I adore this story. Being a new reader to Brianna Hale, I didn't know what to expect. But I was completely blown away and I WANT MORE.

Isabeau is one my favourite heroine ever. I l
Mariloli
Oct 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Una especie de historia tipo Pigmalion + BDSM. Lo deje sin acabar
Liz Meldon
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review pending -- but this is a seriously gorgeous book.
*Ritzrenee*
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
To yearn and be besotted
Phew a fast read

It had been a while since I read a gritty romance. While it was steaming hot, there were some words which did not sit well with me. Eg. Slut. Hmm... That was uncalled for. Other words like Daddy etc. made me cringe. I believe this is the style for BDSM-ish so I would just take it with a pinch of salt.

Anyhow, the book was mainly detailing on a forbidden kind of love (Big age gap + love b/w caregiver and child). Also, the backdrop of this story made this st
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
"Tell her you’re sorry. For everything. Even the things she doesn’t know about."

4.5 Smoking Stars!

First of all, if are not familiar with Brianna Hale, you MUST read one of her books! I love them ALL. But this one might be my favorite. From the exotic settings to the classical music to the behind-the-scenes workings of a professional orchestra, this story just wowed me!

Brianna Hale really knows how to establish a connection between her main characters. Laszlo is a brilliant, difficult and re
Xenia | AnObsessionwithBooks
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Lazslo and Isabeau's complicated relationship makes for one emotional and hot story.

"Laszlo and music. That's what I want my life to be."

Isabeau is back. After an unfortunate event on her eighteenth birthday that caused her to stay away from Laszlo for three years she is back. And she’s on a mission.
The time apart was painful for both of them though it was greatly needed in the end.

Brianna Hale did a fantastic job with with this one (as with every other book if hers). Laszlo and Isabeau’s stor
Gonewiththeromance
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t express how I enjoy discovering new authors, especially when you feel connected to the story right from the start. This book immediately hooked my attention and I found myself bewildered and fascinated at the same time. There is one crucial point worth noting, I assume you’ve read the blurb and got the gist of the story. Laszlo is a perfect man. Yes, yes, you heard me. There is nothing wrong and twisted about him and this beautifully written love story. I would like to stress this point ...more
ilknur a.k.a. iko ◬
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it

he was 25 when she was 8. perfect age gap.

he is taking her from streets and her irresponsible father and raising her, making her a great cellist. at her 18th birthday (so he is 35 *screams*) she is making a "mistake". a mistake we cant learn very long time.
but good lord, I thought so much worse. I thought she "did it" with someone else, maybe to push him or to make him
Julia
Lit Reader
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a refreshing and very posh twist on the average young girl-student / mentor-older guy. There was a very sexy D/s undercurrent, without much of the standard plot elements, and with the most unusual backdrop of the elegant and well educated classical music scene. She's a prodigy cellist, he's an acclaimed director... lots of elitist musical knowledge is thrown all over the place (masterfully and not tackyly must I add). Bravo!! Roses to the theatre where this was written.
It was not flawl
Ari
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it
❝ It's not in his face, but it's in the notes he plays. He loves you.❞

description

I wasn't a fan this author's debut novel, but I wanted to give her books another try to see if I would enjoy them better. While I did enjoyed this book slightly better, I've come to the realization that this trope is just not for me!
Rose White (WhiteRoseStories)
5 beautiful stars go to The Protégé by Brianna Hale!

I feel him on every street I walk down, in every strain of music I hear, in the very air I breathe.

There’s just something about Brianna’s writing that leaves you wanting more. The way she lets the words flow so perfectly just does something to my heart and I can never seem to get enough. She writes about these intense and sexy male protagonists that will have your stomach clenching in the most delicious way.

I was her mentor, her guardian, he
Booklvr
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-faves
I was lucky enough to get to read this book early on. Let me first say that Daddy Laszlo is mine. This man is everything a little could want. He's such a dirty Daddy. *heart flutters* Only BH can write a book full of passion and beautiful descriptions and a perfect storyline and still make the book hot af! I really need a ten star option because that is exactly the rating this book deserves.
Goodreads Librari...: Need to delete a book 12 30 Jul 28, 2018 01:25PM
There's nothing Brianna Hale likes more than a large, stern alpha male with a super-protective and caring streak, and when she's not writing about them she can usually be found with a book, a cocktail, planning her next trip to a beautiful location or attending the theatre. She believes that pink and empowerment aren’t mutually exclusive, and everyday adventures are possible. Brianna lives in Lond ...more