Start by marking “Ana Rocha: Shadows of Justice” as Want to Read:
Ana Rocha: Shadows of Justice

Ana Rocha: Shadows of Justice

Co-written by an accomplished police detective comes this riveting crime novel!
Ana Rocha is a woman on fire. Being talented and from a well-off family, Ana could have become anything. But driven by her sister's murder, Ana chose the path of an undercover narcotics officer. Ana has made a vow to help clean up the streets of Houston. The journey her duty takes her on forces
Published February 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Ana Rocha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ana Rocha

Token Huntress by Kia Carrington-RussellNICU II and Victoria's Incestuous Romance by Kenneth Jarrett SingletonThe Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberAna Rocha by Ammar HabibBeatless by Amber L.  Johnson
Our Favorite Indie Reads
2,506 books — 2,553 voters
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonThe Da Vinci Code by Dan BrownAngels & Demons by Dan BrownThe Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg LarssonThe Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
Thrillers
2,991 books — 3,556 voters

More lists with this book...

Ammar Habib
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorites
As the author, I feel like I'm obligated to give it a 5 Star Review ;)
Gracie Bustillos
Awesome.book

I just couldn't put the book down. I got hooked from the very beginning. This book has it all, a powerful woman, crimes, and action. Great writing Ammar and Glenda. As always Ammar you out did yourself again. I can't wait for your next book.
Deborah
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!! Jam packed with action! A real page turner. I could not put this book down. The book follows an undercover narcotics police officer through a case. The scenes were very authentic. I look forward to the author writing future books with the main character Ana Rocha.
Megan
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
*Disclaimer: I received this book for free from the author in return for a honest rating and review.*

Ana Rocha isn’t just the kick ass heroine we want, she’s the one we need in 2018.

I went into this book with an open mind because I have read very few books that would fall into the same genre as Ana Rocha Shadows of Justice. And I came out of this book with an wholly new outlook on not just the genre, but books featuring action as a whole!

And that’s because this book did what I feel many fast-pac
Fiona Maguire
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the way the book was laid out very easy to read I love books like this because I read on the go. The story was very interesting the main character Ana is a undercover narcotics officer this is great Because in most storys the cops are men so I found this very gripping and making you want to read on to see how far she got in her journey and of course the best bit is there will be another story with Ana in it. So looking forward to it :)
Will Decker
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm still in shock that a male author can get that deep inside a female character's mind. Well done! The story is realistic with a little creative licensing thrown in to keep it moving and exciting, which it definitely is. The editing has a few slips, but nothing overly distracting. The story loses a little of the believability factor at the end. But well choreographed fight scenes. Habib is an author I will be watching out for. Well done!
Liz Bacchus
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story, it moved fast. The story was excellent with a lot of action. The fight scenes were detailed and descriptive keeping my interest. The main characters back story was excellent and made me want more.
Amanda
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! I am upset I don’t have more to read! Fabulous crime drama! Ana Rocha is a total badass on her quest to get justice for her beloved sister. This book moves forward on at a steady pace. Then, all of sudden, the dam breaks and you cannot put down the book!
Luke Wood
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is very good. Once I got it I read the book instantly. The book kept my attention, the flow was great, and everything in the book was necessary for the story. Before I knew it, I was at the end of the book! Great job Ammar and I'm looking forward to your next release!
Marcia
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced and a great read!

I really enjoyed reading this and was compelled to finish in one sitting. Ana Rocha is tough as nails and knows how to get the job done. I look forward to reading more from this author and especially this character!
Rebecca Burgess
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways, thriller
Excellent writing, keep moving and I didn't want to put down. Respect to those in the undercover narcotics for what the sacrifice personally and family to help make the world a safer place.
Brian Gates
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic detective novel that keeps you glued to the pages throughout. It has a well written female main character who is well developed throughout the story. There is plenty of action to hold your attention as well. I very much enjoyed the read.
William Adams
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book that has it all: a strong Hispanic female, a thrilling plot, and emotion! It sucks you right in from the first page. And to top it off the action scenes are amazing!
Shelby
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I was sent this by the author in exchange for an honest review*
ANA ROCHA was one of the first crime novels I’ve ever read, and if it’s any indication for future ones, then I will enjoy those as well. Our female protagonist, Ana, was an amazing character and I really enjoyed seeing her as she played different roles in order to collect information and capture the “bad guys.” She also seemed human, and I felt her struggle with family vs. work was completely realistic. I also enjoyed the minor reli
Brie McGirr Proofreading
This is one book I recommend to any women who would like to read about a bad*@$ female character!
Michael Chrobak
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to interview Ammar Habib as part of the Allo Author Interview series that I do. You can read that interview here. As part of that interview, he mentioned his new book, Ana Rocha: Shadows of Justice, which he wrote along with Detective Glenda Mendoza. I thought it sounded interesting, plus, the cover is amazing!

Ammar was willing to send me a copy of his book in exchange for an honest review, which is what you’ll find here.

As the first chapter opened up, I wa
Dawn
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting look into the work of a police department that doesn't really get represented in books very often. The characters are really what make the story. Since the entire book revolves around Ana, I'll start with her. She is very much shaped by the loss of her sister. Her entire reason for becoming a cop was to try and stop anyone from having to go through what she did. This book allows us to watch as she's her innocent worldview and idea of justice for reality. Though character, ...more
Perla
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ana Rocha is an action packed, gritty novel with a strong, realistic, relatable protagonist. The story is written in 1st person and I definitely got a strong image of Ana’s voice and personality. I loved Ana’s character and seeing her overcome her weaknesses.

Also, as someone who has grown up in Texas, I enjoyed the constant references to the volatile, unrelenting hot Texas weather. :)

A recommended read!
Louise Dubord
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book through Voracious readers. I really enjoyed this page-turner. The writing flows well, except for some copy editing flaws, and the story is very interesting. Since I have read a lot of thrillers and had a career in law enforcement, I felt some passages were unrealistic. There are also some repetitions from one action scene to the other. However, all in all, this was a very enjoyable read.
Emma Coombes
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a few copy in return for an honest review. This was a very enjoyable read; a strong female lead and a believable plot. The book is well written and I’d recommend for anyone who enjoys a thriller or crime novel.
Eugene
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book tremendously!! It pulled me right in and I couldn't put it down. I appreciate the complexity of Ana and am glad that Ammar didn't just make her a strong woman, but a deeply complicated protagonist.
Christie
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given a complimentary copy from Voracious Readers Only. This novel is amazing. I loved the strength of the female character. My heart was racing the entire novel and I had to keep reading to see what was going to happen next. Definitely going to be looking for the next novel
Suzanna
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was well written and reflected the dangers of being an undercover police officer. I will look for the next installment.
Karina
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novel! It has a strong female protagonist and the first person POV has a very strong voice. Looking forward to reading more Ana Rocha adventures!
Hank Morris
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great job by this author!
Taylor Banks
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Ana's character! I look forward to the next book.
Nomi
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book!
TamaraLynne Stewart
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this book alot I couldn't put it down it kept me wanting to find out what was going to happen this was a great fast read 😀
Thomas Bradley
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling and exhilarating read! Can't wait for the next one!
Julie
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's hard to know how to review this book. On the one hand, there is some great writing and the story really flows. On the other hand, the heroine, Ana, is on a one-woman mission to save the world. Whilst the reader can understand where she's coming from, it seems unrealistic for one woman to single-handedly defeat one of the major gangs in Texas. I loved the sense of place and got a real feel for Texas. It was also interesting for the novel to be told from Ana's point of view and it helps the r ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Sequel 1 4 Apr 16, 2018 07:15PM
Ammar is an award winning & bestselling author originally from Lake Jackson, Texas. Writing has always been a passion of Ammar’s since he was in elementary school. Ammar enjoys crafting stories that are not only entertaining, but also have something useful to say to the reader. Ammar presently resides in his hometown. He lives with his family, all of whom are his biggest fans.