Start by marking “The Dark Corners of the Night (UNSUB, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Dark Corners of the Night (UNSUB, #3)

The Dark Corners of the Night

(UNSUB #3)

I am the legion of the night …

He appears in the darkness like a ghost, made of shadows and fear—the Midnight Man. He comes for the parents but leaves the children alive, tiny witnesses to unspeakable horror. The bedroom communities of Los Angeles are gripped with dread, and the attacks are escalating.

Still reeling from her best friend’s close call in a bombing six months
Expected publication: February 18th 2020 by Blackstone Publishing

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Dark Corners of the Night by Meg Gardiner
    The Dark Corners of the Night (UNSUB, #3)
    Release date: Feb 18, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win 1 of 5 first edition hardback copies of THE DARK CORNERS OF THE NIGHT by Meg Gardiner.

I am the legion of the night …

He

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 1700 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Dec 30 - Jan 28, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

Start your review of The Dark Corners of the Night (UNSUB, #3)
    Susanne  Strong
    Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
    4.5 Heart Stopping Stars!

There’s a Serial Killer on the loose in the City of Los Angeles and this time, he’s targeting Families and that means, no one is safe.

When FBI Behavioral Analyst Caitlin Hendrix and the rest of the team arrive from the Bureau to join forces with the LAPD to find the man aptly named the “Midnight Man” no stone is left unturned. Unfortunately, more bodies are pile up night after night, and finding the man responsible, seems like an impossibility, until the team deciphers
    Dennis
    Meg Gardiner is one of my favorite authors, and her upcoming thriller, The Dark Corners of the Night , continues to haunt readers. It's the third book in her very popular UNSUB series, and while this chapter in this series seems a bit more police procedural than suspense, the horrors are still prevalent throughout.

FBI behavioral analyst, Caitlin Hendrix has returned to the west coast after her boyfriend's ex was healing from a bombing scare. As Caitlin is still reeling from that attack, she is
    Linda
    Seriously sayin'.........

The Dark Corners of the Night elbows its way into those tiny crevices in your mind that are sacred. Those little niches that you scurry into when life stomps boldly on the fringes of your delicate soul. So much like hidin' under the covers during a violent thunderstorm or zoomin' under the whole damn bed when it just gets deafening and loud enough to break the sound barrier. Only there's no place to hide in this one. No place at all.

Meg Gardiner pulls up a chair for
    Chelsea Humphrey
    Jan 21, 2020 is currently reading it
    Beyond excited to jump back into this gritty series. I've heard that this installment is more on par with the first book, UNSUB, so bring on the hunt!

*Many thanks to the publisher for providing my review copy.
    Michelle
    Jun 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: feb-2020-reads
    Finally available for download on Edelweiss!!!! My whole day has been made!!!

This is one of my most anticipated reads of 2020!!!!
    Karima chermiti
    Jun 02, 2019 marked it as to-read

#1 : UNSUB (UNSUB, #1) : 5 Stars
    #2 : Into the Black Nowhere (UNSUB #2) : 5 Stars

February 18th 2020 Is too far away. I mean can't we skip the rest of the year already.

Alison
    Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this at Bookcon and couldn’t put it down. Definitely recommend it, can’t wait to read the next one!
    Laura Rash
    Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Dark, twisted and unsettling! Everything you want in an Unsub book! And extra points for a creepy af cover! Thanks to the publisher for this early copy for review!
    Pamela Small
    Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
    I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
    This novel deals with the horrific theme of juvenile psychopathology. It is a disturbing yet real phenomenon afflicting “normal” families. Due to the weighted content, it is a dark read. However, it is enlightening. And it is important to get a glimpse of the conflicts imposed on law enforcement personnel when confronted with youthful offenders. The nature verses nurture issue is addressed and explained very well. I appreciated
    Jannelies
    Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: edelweiss, thriller
    Although I haven’t read the first two UNSUB books, I was immediately hooked by this story and the main characters. Luckily the books can be read as a standalone, for there are references to the earlier books (without spoiling this one by rehashing the entire story so far). The tension starts to build on the first page and ends on the last, without letting up and especially, without letting the reader down.
    You cannot but feel very sorry for all those children he leaves orphaned and probably
    Rebecca
    Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: 2020, edelweiss
    Thanks to the publisher, via Edelweiss, for an advance e-galley for honest review.

4.5 stars, rounded. The Unsub series is just so dark and intriguing, and while The Dark Corners of the Night is a little different than its predecessors, it keeps the series moving and is a definite thrill ride in its own right. Whereas in the previous books the danger felt a lot closer to Caitlin, this one features a terrifying serial killer targeting families, killing the parents and leaving the children as
    Clinton Greaves
    Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I’ve been a huge fan of Meg Gardiner’s work from the first book in her UNSUB series. Her writing is always crisp, and in Caitlin Hendrix she has created a hero who is engaging and flawed. In other words, a fully fleshed character. For the uninitiated Caitlin is a former cop’s daughter and now in law enforcement herself, an FBI agent in the behavioral analysis division. She hunts serial killers. In this latest, THE DARK CORNERS OF THE NIGHT, a murderer dubbed The Midnight Man, is killing parents ...more
    Jardin Telling
    Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Lucky to receive an ARC of this and WOW. Wow wow wow. I think book 3 may have blown me away even more than the last 2. It was a good and interesting change of pace by focusing the UNSUB on a very different character and Im already ready for book 4 and what The Ghost has in store....... ...more
    Marie Aitchison
    Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I requested this ARC numerous times from multiple sources like a stage 5 clinger and my tenacious nature paid off when #Netgalley came through for me and I was approved! I was over the moon with joy to be able to get this novel early because this is the third installment of one of my favorite thriller series.

I loved the first two books and felt the same about this one. The first book, Unsub was inspired by the Zodiac Killer. The second book, Into the Black Nowhere, was inspired by Ted Bundy.
    Erin Jackson
    Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Daria Steigman
    Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
    He calls himself the Midnight Man. He sneaks into houses in the dark of night, kills the parents, and then terrorizes the children. And all of Los Angeles is on edge.

FBI Agent Caitlin Hendrix and her BAU colleagues come to LA to profile the suspect and help the LAPD track him. But how many people will die before they catch him?

The Dark Corners of the Night is fast-paced and well-written. It reads at times, however, more like a screenplay than a novel. The car chases and racing around after the
    Kate (kate_reads_)
    Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Did you ever finish a book and realize you were somehow holding your breath through the whole ending?? The Dark Corners of the Night was that kind of experience.

This is the third book in the Unsub series and while it could be read alone, I highly recommend reading all 3 - they build on each other and you will fly through them and want the next immediately.

The series follows Caitlin - a law enforcement officer as she is involved with a different case in each book but also with a storyline that
    Angela
    Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    It seemed like it took a bit to get into this chapter of the UNSUB series, but once I did it really took off! As in her other books, Gardiner doesn't shy away from situations in her books which might make readers uncomfortable - and that's a good thing in a book. It was difficult to see what was coming and how it would play out, suspense as I had hoped for. Gardiner delivers again. Dark Corners delivers just enough hope to keep turning pages and just enough suspense and terror to keep us readers ...more
    Susan
    Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
    This is the third entry in Gardiner UNSUB series. I was somewhat caught up in the first one because she sketched out her characters to have some life and interest for the reader. By this, the third, it's deja vu all over again, but perhaps worse. Very nearly the entire book is having the protagonist, the newest member of the FBI's serial killer unit, explain absolutely everything--how profiles are collected, how computers can make patterns, and on an on. It seemed like a bunch of little ...more
    Diane Saul
    Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    The Midnight Man is stalking the city of Los Angeles. He sneaks into houses, murders the parents and terrorizes the children. He leaves no clues behind and FBI agent Caitlin Hendrix and her BAU colleagues are called in to help. The Midnight Man seems to be one step ahead of them. How many people will die before he is caught.

This is part of a series but could easily be read as a stand alone. It is full of non stop page turning suspense. There is a twist at the end that came out of the blue. I
    Dave
    Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Thanks to the publishers and netgalley for this advanced copy in return I am giving an honest review.

Wow, what a book. It is the first week of 2020 and I believe I have read the best book of the year. Three books in in the Unsub series and each book has gotten better. My favorite author and the reason I became a reader is Michael Connelly. I can easily and honestly say Meg Gardiner is on his level with this series. I highly recommend.
    Doris Mucciolo
    Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
    When reading a mystery by Meg Gardner you not only get a good story, but you learn of the ways that police have to find a criminal and the hard work it takes. Keep the lights on when you read this one. They’re looking for someone called The Midnight Man. That alone made me want to turn the lamp up a notch. I expected this to be another suspense filled story and wasn’t disappointed.
    Brenda
    Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
    It felt it was a little slow starting but did pick up, making me want to keep reading. After finishing the book, I felt that there was a part of the story left unfinished and think that maybe I should have read the first 2 books in the series before reading this one. I gave it a rating if 4 because it has a really good storyline, but because of the ending I just couldn't give it a 5.
    Victoria
    Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: edelweiss
    Thanks to Blackstone and Edelweiss for giving me the opportunity to read the upcoming 3rd book in Meg Gardiner’s UNSUB series. I think these books are getting better over time with this one being the best so far.
    Ted Zarek
    Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This goes back to how Gardiner wrote the first UNSUB book: constant pulse racing and an inability to put down the book because you get so caught up in the story and the characters. Even now, having just finished, I feel anxious and jittery from how tense the "final confrontation" is.
    Gretchen
    Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    A fantastic third installment in the UNSUB series with yet another truly terrifying serial killer as well as the shadowy threat from the Ghost to deal with. I pushed through a migraine to finish this; that's how much I enjoyed it.
    Shizu
    I really can't wait for this book to come out, february can't come fast enough!
    Margaret Holdman
    Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    It was a page turner. You will be so scared you’ll be sleeping with the lights on.
    Vadar
    Jun 13, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
    Don't buy this book

It's the worst book I ever read. It doesn't work. U don't get any pages or anything. Sucks big time
    Kelly Butcher
    Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing

• When You See Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #11; Gardner Universe, #20)
    • Little Secrets
    • The Stranger Inside
    • The Other People
    • Bitter Falls (Stillhouse Lake #4)
    • The Butterfly Girl (Naomi Cottle, #2)
    • The Dead Girls Club
    • The Arrangement
    • The Chain
    • Unspeakable Things
    • The Look-Alike
    Meg Gardiner is a bestselling, Edgar Award winning author. A former lawyer and three-time Jeopardy! champion, she grew up in Santa Barbara, California, and lives in Austin.

China Lake won the 2009 Edgar award from the Mystery Writers of America for Best Paperback Original. The Nightmare Thief won the 2012 Audie Award for Thriller/Suspense audiobook of the year. Phantom Instinct was named an O, the

UNSUB (3 books)
    • UNSUB (UNSUB, #1)
    • Into the Black Nowhere (UNSUB, #2)