Start by marking “Thief (Boston Underworld, #5)” as Want to Read:
Thief (Boston Underworld, #5)

Thief

(Boston Underworld #5)

Im a good girl.

I live by a code that cant be bent or broken. It is my duty to my family to stay innocent and pure. To marry an Italian man. The stars are already aligned.

But Nikolai Kozlov re-writes my destiny with five simple words.

You belong to me now.

He's Russian mafiya. A thief. A skilled liar with no moral boundaries. He is everything I have been taught to
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 280 pages
Published February 22nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thief

Start your review of Thief (Boston Underworld, #5)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4.5 Stars

I just fucking love this series.

I've been waiting for Nika and Tanaka's story forEVER and it definitely didn't disappoint.

I always love it when the H/h are forced to live under the same roof and this one definitely made the most of that. There was also a lot of great push/pull between them and I enjoyed how it paralleled the time lines of the previous books in the series as relates to the main characters here.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Thief is A. Zavarellis pièce de résistance!!

I cried so many tears when I found out this series was ending. Ive collected so many book boyfriends over the course of reading the first 4 books in the series. So, its bittersweet to see it come to end, however Im really happy with the way things turn out.

Nikolai and Tanakas story is one of the sweetest of the series. Dont get me wrong. Its still a dark romance, but I really liked these two together. The circumstances leading to their coupling is
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
3.5

Before I begin my review, I have to get something out of my system. I'm devastated! I had no idea that Thief was going to be the last book in the Boston Underworld series by A. Zavarelli!

photo jsjsj_zpsvdhdssc6.gif

This series is responsible for my love of mafia romance. Lachlan is one of my favorite book boyfriends, and Mack is one of my favorite heroines of all time! I'm talking, hands down one of my favorite couples ever! Rory and Scarlett aren't far behind them. I read Crow when I was first getting into the
Liz
★4.5★
"You don't get to leave me. The only way you're leaving me, pet, is through death."
description

Thief is the fifth installment in the Boston Underworld Series. A. Zavarelli is back with a heart-stopping, emotionally gripping, passionate and violent dark romance that will leave you breathless and desperate for more.

description
"My teeth clash with hers, and I taste blood. I lap at the bittersweetness, desperate for more."
Tanaka is a dancer and an Italian Mafia Princess. When her father owes a debt, she is
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Its been a while since I dived into the world of the anti-heroes of this series and I believe Thief was the perfect book to get my feet wet. It was high on emotion, full of guts, and the chemistry between the main characters was dangerous. Who knew a thief and a ballerina were capable of providing so much entertainment?

Tanaka/Nakya was a sheltered girl, living under the oppressive shadow of her mob boss father. Her only personal happiness came from dancing and she did everything within her
Snow
4.25 "Zvezda" stars

Manuel Valentini, a slimy Italian mobster made a huge debt owning it to the Russian mafia branch, so the one to collect it was a member of Vory, Nikolai Kozlov , a Thief in Law. The collateral until the debt is payed off, would be, Valentini's only daughter, Tanaka , a beautiful but shattered within, ballerina.
I took possession of Tanaka with the understanding that it might eventually mean taking her life. These are the rules our Vory abide by. And eye for an eye is only
Selene
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Possessive alpha lovers
This is a story about revenge, a debt to be paid, family loyalties, and a graceful ballerina who finds love outside of dancing. This is not a dark book throughout, but theres some darker content towards the very end of the story.

I struggled to like the main characters and couldnt get enough of the characters from the prior books. (view spoiler)

There were bits of the story that I liked, but I didnt fall in love with this story as a whole. Some of Tanakas more
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Nikolai is very hot as the tortured artist/Russian mobster!

This was another good book in this series. Like book 3, this one also centered on the Russian Vory. Nikolai is Alexeis half brother and the one that the Father cared about. Though Nikolai was jealous of Alexei because he got out from under his Fathers thumb, while Alexei was Jealous of Nikolai for being the favorite son while he was tossed out as being defective after losing his hearing at a young age.

Now Nikolai is determined to find
Wynne Katherine
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 43%.

description

You see, when I read a book, I either highlight or underline. Highlights are for parts of the book I like, and underlines are for parts of the book that I find I have problems with, or parts of the book that I find odd or downright did not enjoy. And when a book has more underlines than highlights, the chances of me DNF-ing gets higher and higher. And that is what happened to this book.

From the start, I find myself feeling as if the story has the same vibe as the third book in this
Beatrice Masaluñga
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
The thief stole my heart, only to hold it in the palm of his hand, extorting my affections when it suits him.

I've been rooting for Nikolai and Tanaka on Ghost (Alexei & Talia's story) and I have a wishful thinking they'll have their own book. I'm unaware this series has been extended and I'm truly glad because it's their story. 😭💗 I really like it despite of its gradual pace on the first 20-25%. It takes place from the events on Ghost but don't worry guys, it can be read as a standalone.
A Klue
Its like this author has read my non-existent diary, folks, where I would have penned to paper my preferred dos and donts in romantic reads. You see, she added some of my biggest beefs with books in the mafia romance genre. Stereotypical virgin heroine who is physically taken as leverage then has to witness the hero getting it on with hos on top of hos, just to make her feel even more miserable than she already is and make him feel all powerful over her. Not only do I find this not original, but ...more
❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review

Title: ➳ ❤-Thief
Series ➳ Boston Underground 5#
Author: ➳ A. Zavarelli
Publication: February 23rd 2018
*****
ღ Nikolai and Tanaka I was so worried that these two werent going get a book, but A. Zavarelli doesn't disappoint!

➳Manuel Valentinuss old school Italian mobster with huge debt to the Russian mafia , he decided to use his only daughter in exchange for his debt

Tanaka suffered a lot through her life being the mafia princess. She was sheltered from so much from world that she didnt really have
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
 photo CR Banner_zpshsplyqty.jpg

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟STARS
So I have never read anything by this author before, but I will definitely be adding her books to my enormous TBR pile for future reads.
I loved "Thief" so much it dealt with some major issues between its pages that I wasn't really expecting and I was glued, unable to put it down.
So "Thief" is basically Nikolai Kozlov (Russian mafiya, member of the Vory) and Tanaka (she's not Russian) story.
In fact, Tanaka is collateral for her father's debt, a guest in Nikolai's home until such time
Stacey is Sassy
Hard to love a Thief...

I start every A. Zavarelli story rubbing my hands in glee. Then, within a few chapters, I'm questioning why I do this to myself. I always hate the hero or heroine for at least part of the book. More times than not I question how, what and why people are so bloody EVIL. I'm scared to think that anything Ms Zavarelli creates could be close to being real. There's this extreme level of depravity, degradation and wickedness that leaves you squirming uncomfortably. It's obvious
Dark Lordette Jennymort ♔
description

UPDATE 11/14/2018: OKAY. so i dropped my rating from a 5 to a 3.75 because i had what they call last book syndrom and my mind automatically formed a 5 star opinion. but now there were a few things that irritated me but eh, the smut won out in the end.

________________________

ok. ok. ok. i didn't even know this was out until yesterday and you bet your ass that i read the whole damn thing today... at work ... at my desk while i was supposed to be working.

i have issues okay?

so onwards i suppose.

Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****4 STARS****

It was different than the others but still good.

RTC. . .
Melanie A.
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
3.5 Stars
He will be the one to lure me to my quietus.
There's no doubt that A. Zavarelli is a great writer. Her words always wrap themselves around me and hold me hostage until the story is done. Too bad I'm not always a happy or willing hostage.

Tanaka is an extremely sheltered Italian mafia princess who has given her life meaning through ballet.
I don't know anything other than one unalterable truth. I'm a dancer. It's all I have. It's all I am.
As a Vor, Nikolai is ruled by the
Deborah
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5*

I cant believe Ive waited so long to read this. Ive no one to blame but myself. The previous book didnt really work for me. Well to be honest it was Scarlett I had an issue with. I loved Rory.

This book held me from the first page to the last.
Tanaka is the pampered ballerina. Or so it appears. The truth is every aspect of her life has always been controlled. Down to who shell marry and when.
Shes an Italian mafia princess.

Nikolai is Russian mafiya. Hes a thief. A man who takes what he wants
Fre06 Begum
Lučka
2.5*

Beware of the Kraken and spoilers!

Let me start with how much I adore this series and this author. The BU series is my no. 2 fave mafia series of all time and I always wait on the Amazon to 1-click after the book is released.

All being said, I wish Ms. Zavarelli would finish this series at #4.

Because the Thief was
description

Safety gang safe would have a field day at this one.
(view spoiler)
Melissa Crump
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An unstoppable force of desire, devotion, commitment and secrets to be unveiled. Thief stole my attention from the very beginning and Ive been entranced ever since. Prepare to be shocked, turned on, heart broken and obsessed from beginning to end. What a fantastic read. One of my favorites. ...more
Kate

Since book one I have absolutely loved this series. I adore the series if Im being honest. The Boston Underworld is one of the best mafia reads that I have read. No seriously this is the best. It had me on the edge of my seat and biting my nails.

They say that the greatest love stories always end in tragedy. Maybe not always. But here it was a close call.

The Characters.

Tanaka Valenti the Italian mafia princess has always wanted to be a ballerina and she has achieved every single thing she set her
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
This series is just a must read. That is all.
A must read series. The End.
Ashi- A hopeless romantic girl :D

I love possessive heroes ❤
The end...
My Pink Fairytales
Super disappointed by this one. :(
I hated the story, i hated him, i hated the way he treated her, how he spoke to her, so basically i hated everything about it.
There was about 5% of the book were he was ok.
Plus, the whole Stockholm Syndrome is starting to get old in Ms. Zavarellis book.
Im all for bad boys, mafia or not, but not like this. Im close to calling him a rapist, on top of everything, so No! Hell NO!
⭐ Emerson ⭐
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Currently 99cents on Amazon!
Also on KU.
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
4.5 Stars
I love me some captive stories!

I loved this whole series, but this one gave me some ups and downs..

There were moments I was so giddy and excited and moments I just couldn't understand.

Tanaka looked like an easy woman to read, but in reality she had a few secrets.

There were moments I didn't saw coming. There was one time I think Nikolai would be proud of me. I didn't believe it and I was right!!
*Happy Dance*

I also needed a bit more time at the end. At the end I found it a bit rushed!
Carvanz
3.5 Stars

Audiobook: Narrator Tracy Marks

As always, this narrator did an amazing job of bringing these characters to life. She brings so much passion and emotion into the story I cant imagine anyone else narrating this series. While I struggled a bit with the Russian accents, that was a me thing and nothing to do with Ms. Marks performance. My ear just has a hard time tuning into some of the words and thats an issue I have with other narrators as well.

description

To me this book felt grittier and darker
Roobie
DNF

As much as I loved the series, this last book just wasn't for me.
Nicole P
Holy mother of god! Ms Zavarelli really knows how to spin a dark and twisted tale with imperfect characters who you can't help but fall in love with. Heed her warning though about the dark content of the book. It is not for the faint hearted. I would highly recommend you read the other books in the series first just to get a better understanding of this world. This book is heavy. A story weaved of dark and difficult things, where characters will literally bleed for a HEA. This book was like a ...more
YA Buddy Readers'...: Thief by A. Zavarelli-- Starting March 21st 2018 31 23 Mar 27, 2018 06:34AM
Bargain Basement: $20 Amazon Gift Card 1 7 Feb 15, 2018 04:27PM

• Taurus (Black Dynasty, #1)
  • Incantevole e proibito
  • Sergio (Benedetti Brothers #3)
  • Venus (Black Dynasty, #2)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Collateral
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles #3)
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles #2)
  • Stranded
  • Vlad (The V Games, #1)
  • Xavier: Silence the beast
  • Damage
  • Choice
  • Twisted Hearts (The Camorra Chronicles #5)
  • The Maddest Obsession (Made #2)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Bound by Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #2)
  • Eternal Night
A. Zavarelli is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author of dark and contemporary romance.

When shes not putting her characters through hell, she can usually be found watching bizarre and twisted documentaries in the name of research.

She currently lives in the Northwest with her lumberjack and an entire brood of fur babies.

Find her on Facebook here---> https://www.facebook.com/AZavarelli
Never

Boston Underworld (6 books)
  • Crow (Boston Underworld, #1)
  • Reaper (Boston Underworld, #2)
  • Ghost (Boston Underworld, #3)
  • Saint (Boston Underworld, #4)
  • Conor (Boston Underworld #6)

News & Interviews

“You are poison,” I tell her. “You’re going to ruin me.” “So, let me ruin you,” she whispers. “It’s the only way.” 2 likes
“You are my angel,” he murmurs. “And if I want, my whore too.” 2 likes