Start by marking “The Church (The Cloister, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Church (The Cloister, #3)

The Church

(The Cloister Trilogy #3)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  686 Ratings  ·  170 Reviews
Trapped.
Beaten.
Broken.
Adam destroyed himself to save me. At first, I doubt if I have the strength to go on. But with every second that passes, I see the and curse the Prophet. My time as a Maiden is over. I refuse to be a toy in his game any longer. But there’s always more ways for the Prophet to get to me, to use me, and to keep me under his influence. Will I be strong en
ebook, 1st Edition
Published June 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Church, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Celly Destrianniesya Yes you have to read the first 2

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

Book 3 of 3
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

Books in The Cloister Trilogy should be read in order:
Book 1: The Maiden
Book 2: The Prophet
Book 3: The Church

ARC provided to me by author Celia Aaron in exchange for an honest review.
Sophia Triad
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
So, we have reached the end of the road.

Everything was getting darker and darker in the previous books and the last image was the crucifixion of Adam because his father and Prophet has had enough of him.

How do you fix this and have a happy ending?

I walk around the cross, as if playing a harmless game of “Ring Around the Rosey,” as I think about what he’s said. Do I feel threatened? No. Of course not. I laugh the thought away.

The book has multiple points of view. And the most disturbing one wa
Elizabeth
"The Prodigal has returned."
description

The Church is the explosive conclusion to The Cloister. The third and final book in The Cloister series offers action, suspense, passion, and romance. Adam and Delilah are fighting to be together and will do whatever it takes to escape the madness and chaos of The Cloister. With Adam's mother and father trying to corrupt Adam and keep him away from Delilah, the stakes are high for them to find each other and escape!

description
"He's the only one who can put me back together,
Dri ✰
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 4 stars!!! ★

I need to take a deep breath, time to think and write a full review for this trilogy. Everything was so intense, disturbing and brutal, so many feelings... My thoughts and emotions are all over the place. I don’t remember hating so many characters in a book.
What a crazy journey was that?
I loved the author's writing and how she developed the personality of each character and the plot...
I was hooked from start to finish.
So intriguing, dark and twisted. This story definitely shoc
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
What a rollercoaster ride!

This book was jam packed with action and I loved that! I was biting my nails the whole time waiting for everything to go down. It kept my interest the whole time, so much so that I read this book in one sitting.

Finally the prophet and every evil person get what they deserve!

So happy that Adam and Delilah get to be together at last! Their love is so strong and pure. Love them so much!

I hope we get to see more of Noah in the future. He deserves to find happiness too.
Natalie The Biblioholic
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had so many thoughts and hopes and wants and dreams when I started this book. As the conclusion to the Cloister trilogy, I wondered how the author would wrap it up.

✣ If/when Adam would get down from the cross… He was the hero of the story so I assumed he would find his way off that thing. And then what would he do? Work with his mother? Create his own plan with Noah? Help Delilah? I didn’t really care what his plan was as long as he was victorious in the end. I loved Adam!!
✣ Would Delilah fina
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I saw a movie once where a mummy would suck the souls of the people he killed until they dried up and blew away. The Prophet reminds me of that, the way he hungrily surveys the woman before him, as if he wants to steal every bit of youth and heart and soul from each of us.

‘THE CHURCH’ is the conclusion in C. Aaron's ‘The Cloister’ trilogy. It picks up where the second book left off.

Adam is right where the previous book left off, out in the elements, left to die, blood oozing from his many
CC
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars!

With the final installment of the Cloister series, the timeline continues with Adam and Delilah plotting for their freedom. Though she remains true to her original vision of avenging her sister, Delilah’s plight becomes more complex as her feelings for others at the compound escalate. With the continued experience of the Prophet’s oppression, Adam is desperate to salvage what he can.

“Nothing here is under my control, and I’m at the mercy of the clock – always waiting for something to
Jen
**** 4.5 Stars!!!! ****

Review to come!
warhawke
Genre: Dark Romance
Type: Book 3 of 3 from The Cloister series
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:

Out of options, Delilah was at pivotal point of her survival. With Adam's life hung in a balance, she must reassess the best way to end it all without losing herself in the process.

I want him so badly, and I want the life I described. The two of us, free from the Prophet’s web. But it can’t happen. We were doomed from the moment we saw each other.

I'm glad that this book is the darkest and the most
Melanie (mells_view)
A perfect ending.

This is the perfect ending to The Cloister trilogy. I can safely say that Emily/Adam/Noah and the Maidens go out with a bang, a flame, and lots of blood. Although I thought I KNEW what would happen going into book three... I ended up being dead wrong. The book is full of left turns, that you won’t really see coming. Nothing is easy in Heavenly. My only complaint is that it’s over!
DW
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The perfect ending to a crazy yet awesome trilogy!! ❤ ...more
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥
This series. *sigh* This series.

Do you want a series so riveting you'll lock yourself in your room just to get a few minutes of peaceful reading time? A series so edge-of-your-seat that if it weren't for Alexa's ability to order pizza, your family would go hungry until you finished? Well, this is the series.

And, yes, I really did those things.

Each book in this series was more suspenseful than the last. The Prophet left me on tenterhooks; I was both desperate to know how it would end and sad t
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Celia Aaron, GIVE US MORE. This can't be the end! I've become so attached to Delilah, Adam, and Noah, especially with The Church finally giving us the battle we've been waiting for. The Church is the third and final novel in The Cloister series, it's an us against them scenario, with them being The Prophet and his band of merry followers. We've shifted from just Delilah and Adam's perspective and now we have Grace and Noah's as well, giving us a co
Mamacita wants a Bedtime Story
5 "So Many Plots & Plans" Stars

Just a Heads Up... Once this book starts... Holy Shit...

For those of ya'll that haven't been paying attention... I FLOVE this series & Def didn't want it to end! Now it may just be me, but this book felt as if it had a different flow or "voice" to it. That was the only reason I almost knocked a 1/2* off. Truthfully I added it back & then some just for Noah's character. What a Friggin Surprise he turned out to be! I Loved Him in this book! That little c
MissDemeanor
(This review will contain some spoilers from The Maiden and The Prophet)

'The Church' is the satisfying conclusion to The Cloister series. With it being the last in the series, it is jam packed with action, mystery, suspense, and lots of darkness. Even with all of these, it's still a sexy romance story at its core as we see Adam and Delilah's love for each other continue to grow stronger even when they are apart. No stone is left unturned as we see each and every character's fate determined by th
Meggie
3.5 "Light it up, Firefly" stars!

I hate to say this, but the finale of this very promising trilogy fell flat for me. It could've been a case of too-high expectations, but I thought the first two books were excellent. They led towards an explosive finale that never really happened.

Parts of it were very satisfying, to say the least. However, certain characters didn't pan out the way I imagined, and some of the twists didn't really make sense. I can handle books that are far-fetched, especially fo
Timitra
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Church is the last book in The Cloister series. It made my bloodthirsty heart shed tears of joy. While I found it satisfying and a fitting end for the most part, it left me a bit dissatisfied because of a loose thread. I don't want to say much about it because I don't want to spoil the experience for others but I wish it had been tied up. However, it's still a solid read that I recommend to all.

ARC provided by author in exchange for a honest review
Verna Loves Books
The Church by Celia Aaron is the absolute best ending to the Cloister series. I was consumed and devoured every word. I was instantly thrown back into Delilah's turmoil. I felt her pain, her anger, and her love for Adam. It was a whirlwind of a roller coaster and the emotions I went through are still radiating from me. I'm still processing and I can't brag enough on what an amazing book this is. Everyone is going to be blown away.

Delilah and Adam have a huge fight ahead of them in this book. I w
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

What a conclusion! This series was full of dark craziness and this was the perfect conclusion to put all of the pieces together.

Again we pick up right where we left off and again nothing is really going according to the plan I had in my head. As the last book, there were a lot of players and pieces at play that all needed worked through. Adam is left for dead, Delilah is witness to more of what this place has done to others, Noah is drinking and there are a number of "let's finish this" plots pa
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
Gah!! I swear Celia Aaron is one of my Queens of the Dark and Depraved because there wasn't a time I sat reading The Church where I wasn't either shocked, consumed, addicted and absolutely glued to my seat obsessed with finishing this story. The Church was absolutely fantastic. I loved the conclusion to Delilah and Adam's story and could not get enough of this series!!

Going into this series and after having read the first two books I knew that this author would blow my mind in the final book but
Na
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
"I'm not after closure anymore. I'm after blood."

To be honest, The Church was the closure I expected and yet it wasn't. I'm a little disappointed as the first two books were really great. So I expected something big for the closure. And that's the things with expectations, you most likely end up disappointed. I'm not sure why, but I just didn't feel the book like I did the others.

"I'm done being a Maiden, done pretending to believe in the Prophet. I will fight and claw and kill if I hav
BokaniSak*BookWhore
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5"HELL YEH" stars*****

the Cloister trilogy just has me like
description

Like literally, have you ever read a book and felt like you owe the author more than the $3.99 you paid for the book? i feel like i owe Celia Aaron a Macallan 18, a bottle of Bells and a whole dish of charcoal
braai-style cow intestines wrapped up in tripe (yeh, cause where i'm from that's a delicacy only served to chiefs and royalty)...
description

i have never read acknowledgements in any book, but yeh, with The Church, i found myself reading even
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ammp-challange
A great final addition!

I got all the answers, some surprising new heroes emerged and an explosive ending that had me turning the pages without pause.....

After book 2 leaves Adam Saving Emily/Delilah in a true act of love, we start this book with his unimaginable torture... And Delilah's real hatred erupts!

We get POV'S from Noah (which is great) and Grace (which is one of the darkest minds i have read truly horrifying) along with our two M.C's

The plot thickens as different 2 factions with differ
Louise
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Someone pass me the painkillers please - I've got a massive book hangover after reading this

Action, violence, lies, plots, terror, threats, secrets, murder, mayhem. I don't know how Celia Aaron packed so much into this last book but every page held something that either battered your heart or lifted your soul. It's one of those books that is so amazing you can't ever do it justice in a review and you struggle for what to say without giving away spoilers.

I read The Maiden and whilst I liked it,
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Church by Celia Aaron is book Three in The Cloister series. This book continues the story of Adam and Delilah, so you do need to read the previous books "The Maiden" and "The Prophet
The Prophet" first. 'The Church' picks up where 'The Prophet left off.
This has been such a dark and exciting romance. It played out like a movie for me wondering what would happen next. Some parts were hard to get through but their love story was worth reading through them. I almost hate to see end but I have be
Polly
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Little underwhelmed
Yael Shalom
Oct 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I finished the third book last night and thought a lot, even while reading the rest of the books, about how I felt.
It was certainly a very intense experience.
Tension that continues consistently and intensely throughout the books without letting go for one second . It was hard for me.
The main characters were good. Emily was a strong and reliable figure considering what she had been through, and Adam was an excellent anti-hero. I liked their connection although I'm not sure it would have exist in
Badh
This is the final installment in The Cloister series. And wow, is it a book worth waiting for. I was so looking forward to reading it because I knew it would be intense, and I wasn't disappointed at all.

Adam has been left hanging due to his father's punishment. While Noah thinks that their father might spare Adam, Adam knows otherwise. He's going to be left there to die, however that death may happen. As long as Delilah is safe, he's OK with that. He does everything he can and makes deals with
EscapeNBooks
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Church by Author Celia Aaron is the third and final novel in The Cloister series.

“When I came here, I wanted answers and vengeance. Now—after seeing what the Prophet is capable of—I’ve changed. How could I not? Violence and terror are harsh mistresses that mar everything they touch. Including me.”

Agony, pain, despair, torture. Just within the first two chapters. I knew this was going to be an emotionally challenging novel. The way in which we were left hanging in The Prophet set up the begi
Celia Aaron is a recovering attorney who loves romance and erotic fiction. Dark to light, angsty to funny, real to fantasy—if it’s hot and strikes her fancy, she writes it. Thanks for reading.

Sign up for my newsletter at celiaaaron.com to get information on new releases. (I would never spam you or sell your info, just send you book news and goodies sometimes). ;)

You can find me on:
Twitter: @celiaa

The Cloister Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Maiden (The Cloister, #1)
  • The Prophet (The Cloister, #2)
“I won’t let him kill himself for me.” 0 likes