Start by marking “The Prophet (The Cloister, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Prophet (The Cloister, #2)

The Prophet

(The Cloister Trilogy #2)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  807 Ratings  ·  196 Reviews
I can’t save myself from the Cloister, and maybe I never could. The Prophet grows more dangerous by the day. His delusions are steeped in blood, and if I’m not careful, that blood will be my own. Despite the growing risk, I still continue the search for the truth, no matter if the thorny path eventually twists back to Adam, guilt in his dark eyes. I’ve seen glimpses of his ...more
ebook, 1st Edition, 300 pages
Published May 1st 2018

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! The Prophet, book 2 of 3. While Adam & Delilah’s loyalties are questioned by the Prophet they discover they have more in common than lust!

“I don’t bother asking God to forgive me. Nothing will ever wipe away this stain.”

Books in The Cloister Trilogy should be read in order:
Book 1: The Maiden
Book 2: The Prophet
Book 3: The Church

In The Maiden, book 1 Delilah joined the Heavenly Ministries, a religious cult serving a sinister, ruthless and sexually depraved leader, The Prophet. Assi
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

“You will die here for your sins and be cast into the darkest pit of hell.”

‘THE PROPHET' is the second book in Celia Aaron’s ‘The Cloister Trilogy' series and it picks up where the first book left off. Yet again it’s spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’ This is the continuation of ‘Delilah’s & ‘Adam’s’ journey.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

‘The Maiden,’ the first book in this series set up the perfect backdrop for a nail biting, dark, gritty, sit o
Elizabeth
"You're playing a dangerous game."
description

The Prophet is the second book in The Cloister series. After a nail-biting cliffhanger in The Maiden, Delilah and Adam are back and as the saying goes nothing is always quite as it seems.

description
"Toying with me, little lamb."
Delilah is officially trapped in The Cloister. Although she has found comfort in the arms of Adam, her protector, she has lost all semblance of direction. The Prophet's power continues to intensify and with every passing second, Delilah is des
Sophia Triad
“Only me, Delilah.” He kisses me again. “Only me.”
“Emily.” I stroke a hand down his cheek as my body begins to let go. “Call me Emily.”
“My Emily.”

Phew...Releasing my breath. Was I actually holding my breath?
That was intense!

So, this is the middle book of this “blasphemous” but sexy trilogy. I have to warn you that -even if you are into dark romance and you don't mind getting out of your comfort zone- if you are sensitive with religious matters (especially Christianity) better avoid this book.

M
Jen
**** 4.5 Stars! ****

Holy hell!!! What an ending that was! Yes, it’s a cliffy; but thank goodness the conclusion of this trilogy is already out! I need to start it immediately!

This instalment was more intense and some secrets were revealed, while more cropped up! I can’t wait until I find out everything! This has been a gruesome and horrific journey; but I’m hopeful that good will conquer evil....fingers crossed and I’m thinking I should pray!!!
Natalie The Biblioholic
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc, cultish, dark, dual-pov
I had a few questions going into The Prophet, such as:
1. Did any of the girls successfully escape The Cloister?
2. What would be the consequence of Delilah's escape attempt?
3. Would Adam show Delilah that he could be trusted?
4. Would these two characters finally realize that they were on the same side?
5. Would Delilah confide in Adam?
6. Will Grace die? LOL

The Prophet gave me so many of the answers that I was looking for, but it just gave me new questions going into The Church. That prophet was tr
warhawke
Genre: Dark Romance
Type: Book 2 of 3 from The Cloister Trilogy
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:
(3.75)

When Delilah first joined The Cloister, she never thought she would be pulled in as deep. But it was too late to turn back now and she had to endure until she gets the answer that brought her there in the first place.

Adam Monroe had been concocting a plan of actions. But as he got closer to his goals, things were shifting and he had to decide if it's worth losing everything he ever lived for.

This
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This series is so messed up but I can’t stop reading it! I need book 3 now!

I loved Adam in this book. He’s a tortured soul and has done some horrible things, but he’s a good man. His father, the prophet, is to blame for every bad and evil thing that’s happened to him. The Prophet is such a sick bastard. He was more evil in this book and I just want him to get what he deserves.

Delilah has gone through and seen so so much during her stay in the Cloister, I am amazed she hasn’t gone crazy yet. Th
CC

The Prophet opens with an uninterrupted timeline and resumes at a crucial point for Adam and Delilah. Knowing the penalty for her actions, the risk was high and Delilah pays for her transgression.

“She will be punished and cleansed until a serpent no longer dwells in her heart.”

As Adam is punished in a way that further fuels his need vengeance, the dynamic begins to shift and other unexpected contingencies arise that complicates the plan. Pushing forward is the only option leaving Adam to quest
Melanie (mells_view)
*jaw on the Cloister floor*

So so good. Adam and Delilah slay me. And NOAH... Noah... what will you do Noah? Who can we trust? Can we trust anyone? Agh, what’s going to happen?
That ending!
GIVE ME THE NEXT BOOK!
... I’d also like to say that this series so far has given me anxiety nightmares about being trapped in a cult. So thanks.

Also. Is the next book here yet?
Carlene Inspired
You know I like a book when I read it in one sitting, in under 5 hours, and ignore everything else in life, so what does it tell you that I read this one in just 2 hours? Pretty much obsessed with the crazy. The Prophet immediately follows after The Maiden and is book two in The Cloister series. These are not standalones and they should be read in order, so if you haven't read The Maiden yet you need to mosey on over to Amazon, linked here, and get to reading.

"I reluctantly turn and follow him,
Mamacita wants a Bedtime Story
5 "Outta... This... World" Stars!!!

O. M. G!!! This is the Best Dark Romantic Suspense Series I have read in So Damn Long! Yes I think it should be a new Genre all its own. It has balls to the wall action. This Hell-on-Wheels Rollercoaster does not slow down a damn bit. We are not complaining. Not. At. All.

I didn't think it was possible to top The Maiden. This did. I was worried that I might have my expectations too high and be let down by parts of this book. I wasn't. Yes it ends in a cliffhang
Myla
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Delilah somehow became disoriented after what she's gone through in the hands of the Prophet and Spinners. But after a few days, she realized what she must do and she's now more focus on getting to know the truth.

No matter how dark and wicked Adam's mind is and I may not like every move he makes but I applauded his determination to be Delilah protector in every sense of the word. Also, in this book, we were able to take a peek at Adam's past and now I know why he acts like that towards one part
DW
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I need book 3😩
Timitra
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Prophet was a wild ride filled with turns and twists. I didn't think it could have sicker or more depraved characters but it did, it so did. I'm so ready for the conclusion of this trilogy especially with the way this installment ended.

ARC provided by author in exchange for a honest review
Mercedes
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
3.5 Stars

The second installment of this series picks up just a bit after the first book ended. Delilah's found herself on the receiving end of some of Heavenly Ministries' severe punishment. We don't get to see too much of that, we mostly skip right to the aftermath. I definitely would have liked to experience some of that, I think it would've helped in understanding some of the ongoing issues Delilah has from this experience.
I don't have to tell her I love her. She'll know when the Prophet's
Tuba Özkat
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Değişik bir seri. İlki daha iyiydi sanki. Delilah hala katili araştırıyor. yersen tabii. Ama sonlara doğru katılin kimliği öğrenince şaşırdım 😂
Meggie
“Our time, sweet angel. It’s almost here.”

5 BURN IT TO THE GROUND stars!! (review below)

burn this motherfucker DOWN photo tumblr_mcvswz5JQN1qlba55o7_500.gif

You can lie for me, help me, follow my every command, but I will never forgive you. Next time you have me over a barrel, I suggest you drown me. Because if you don’t, I’ll come for you one day.”

Things escalated in the second book of this dark, harrowing trilogy. Sides are being taken and lines have been drawn in the sand. Everyone has a motive, but there are a number of wild cards out there! This book was di
MissDemeanor
(This review will contain some vague spoilers from the first book)

“They’re going to hurt you. But don’t break for them. Promise me you won’t. Don’t let them tear you down to nothing.”

'The Prophet' is the fantastic follow-up to 'The Maiden' and continues to make the case for this series becoming one of my favorites as of late. It begins with Delilah at The Rectory as she faces the punishment of her actions at the end of the first book. Her punishment is the worst kind - not only is she being ph
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥
5 "Gimme the Next Book Now" Stars

When I finished The Maiden, I had ALL. THE. QUESTIONS. My anticipation for this book was so high; I was like a toddler expecting candy. I needed it NOW.

From the first page, it was intense. The author doesn't hold anything back; the answers you are looking for are here and will have your jaw-dropping in shock. Heavenly Ministries' depravity is on full display, and with it Adam and Delilah's feelings for each other. Noah and Grace's moments in the book are revelato
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This is book two in The Cloister series. Make sure you read book one The Maiden before you read this book. As soon as this hit my kindle I was jumping right in. I needed to read more.

In The Maiden we read that Delilah joined a religious cult to find answers. There she meets Adam who is the son of the Prophet. The Prophet continues where The Maiden finishes.

It’s a brilliantly dark read with trigger warnings. There were many times I was asking myself what just happened, what have I just read. Th
Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance
Six words: When is the next installment available? I don't know how in the tarnation we're gonna raise bail money for all the readers because we're ready to jump in this story and start swinging!!! I was so mad at the end of The Maiden that I could chew nails and spit fire! And now???!!!! I'm ready to get violent!

Kudos to Aaron for ruining all my hard work over the last month to level my blood pressure! I swear Grace and the Prophet inspires a level of hatred that affects my blood pressure! But
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
OMG THAT ENDING!! Celia Aaron did it again folks!! The Prophet was OUTSTANDING! Sexy, suspenseful, decadent and dirty. All things (and more) we can associate with a Celia Aaron book. I LOVED getting to see the progression of Adam's relationship with Delilah. This story was so damn addicting and I could not get enough. But that ending?! GOOD LORD. I was not ready!!! Bring on The Church!!!

Without giving anything away, The Prophet begins where The Maiden ended and in it we see Delilah continue her
Karen
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you haven’t read The Maiden yet, in the words of Meatloaf - stop right now! Go read it now (Meatloaf did not say that, but he should have). It has vestal virgins in white dresses and lunatics with drugged fruit. It is a total trip. So different to anything I have read before.

The Prophet rules over Heavenly, but it is not heavenly it is hell and I don’t want to go there, even if there is wine. You might think this means the series is dystopian. It isn’t. It’s true life with bonkers people who
SimplyƝì₭
Wow~ it's pretty intense. Celia does a great job of continuing right where she left off. I found very little repeat in this book if any. My God the prophet is just evil. Can he like die today. You experience so many emotions in this one. Poor Delliah, poor Adam and poor dumb lost Noah. You are rooting for everyone to just find redemption and peace. But it is never easy, not with Celia as the author.

Another great installment in the trilogy. I highly recommend this book.
Yael Shalom
This is better than Pilates .
My stomach tightens throughout all the reading .
It's INTENSE !
TF
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Prophet by Celia Aaron is book Two in The Cloister Trilogy. This book continues the story of Adam and Delilah, so you do need to read the previous book "The Maiden" first.
This book starts right where the other one left off. Delilah has been caught from trying to escape and now left to be punished. Although Adam has to go through with the punishment he is working to be with Delilah. Adam hates his father and what he is doing especially to Delilah.
This book and series is one that you cannot
Nicole Dykes
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book!

Ugh! I just can't wait for the next one, but then again I dont want the series to be over!
Shanda
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark
The Prophet picks up right where The Maiden left off. Adam thwarts Delilah’s escape attempt and she is currently receiving her punishment. Adam is still struggling with how to get out of this hell that they are in. His father is sinking deeper into madness and Adam is ready to end him. Unfortunately, it is still hard for Adam to make a move without hurting his loved ones.

In this book, you get to see some more progression with Delilah and Adam. A big secret is revealed about Adam’s past. I thoug
Celia Aaron is a recovering attorney who loves romance and erotic fiction. Dark to light, angsty to funny, real to fantasy—if it’s hot and strikes her fancy, she writes it. Thanks for reading.

Sign up for my newsletter at celiaaaron.com to get information on new releases. (I would never spam you or sell your info, just send you book news and goodies sometimes). ;)

You can find me on:
Twitter: @celiaa

The Cloister Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Maiden (The Cloister, #1)
  • The Church (The Cloister, #3)
“But don’t break for them. Promise me you won’t. Don’t let them tear you down to nothing” 1 likes
“Hate to see you go, love to see you walk away” 1 likes