Start by marking “Through The Water (Fairest, #2)” as Want to Read:
Through The Water (Fairest, #2)

Through The Water

(Fairest #2)

Ten years ago, I saved his life.

The daughter of a megachurch pastor, I always assumed that the walls were there to protect me. Now, I see that they're meant to hold me captive. My father's followers were my family, his church my home, and his teachings my law.

When Killian re-entered my life, I was nineteen. A lost soul in need of a savior. He started out as a distraction.
Kindle Edition
Published March 26th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Through The Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through The Water

Start your review of Through The Water (Fairest, #2)
Beneath The Covers Blog
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads, arcs, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://beneaththecoversblog.com/2020...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness y'all!!! Let me first address the Authors Note-so personal and touching that it had me calling and texting my sisters. Thank you for giving us an insight on how personal this story was Shannon Myers.

Ariana had always believed that those on the outside were evil but little did she know that all she was told about the outside world was to keep her inside because her father, Tristan James, had other plans for her and my goodness that had me hating him. Once Ariana realizes that ever
Karin
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ariana and Killians journey was so unexpected but the way this story unfolded was beautiful. They couldn’t be more opposite in every way. He’s a baseball star and she is the sheltered naive young women who thinks her fathers word is gospel. When they meet again neither has any idea how much they ever could have needed the other one. The evolution of Ariana was incredible to read, she became the person she wanted to be not the person she was told she would be.
P
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved

This was a really great read. As we watched the relationship between hero and heroine grow we also got to watch Ari grow as a person. She gains her independent in a way that doesn’t end with being “rescued”. She rescues herself and her man in a way. I didn’t exactly live some parts of the last few chapters, but I can be honest and say I feel like many people will love it. I am probably nitpicking. Either way my disappointment led me to consider giving this a four, until I read the list of s
Sara Oxton
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Through The Water by Shannon Myers a five-star read you would wade through oceans for. This is number two in the Fairest series, but they really can be read as stand-alone, you don’t need to read Through the Woods first. I will be honest I put off reading this one, as I was in a major book slump and just knew I wouldn’t get the most out of it, and I knew the blood sweat and tears that had gone into this story, just reading the Authors note brought a tear to my eye and I knew I had to be ready to ...more
BleuBelle
DNF 25%. Not you, it's me.

I loved the first book in this series and waited for this one to come out so I could finally read it. Sadly this book wasn't for me.

I didn't like the Hero. He was all about baseball and OW (well in his past, now he's celibate). He was just so cliché. And his dad too. Their conflict was typical, nothing new. And I didn't get all the "baseball" references, so it got boring very fast.

The Heroine was all right. But with her we've got all this preaching from her father and
Kris Riley
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed

Shannon Myers blew me out of the water with her book, Through the Waters. Myers is known for her her MC books, so that's where I know her from. Through the Waters is a book that takes on several new elements for me. Her main characters, Ariana and Killian, have such depth. I love watching how these two relate from the beginning. The storyline is unique.

I love how Myers was able to interweave the past and present of her main characters. Drawing it all to one huge conclusion. There really are so
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Through the Water is a breathtaking story that showcases strength from the big shot of pain that punched me so hard in the gut, that I found myself not breathing from time to time as I just couldn't imagine a person not curling up in a ball somewhere from it. Ariana had been told from early on how people on the outside of her community were evil, and she never questioned it. Her father was the pastor of a mega church, who wasn't god-like, since he was pure evil in all in dealings, especially whe ...more
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
Through the Water is unlike any book I've had the pleasure of reading. I fell in love with the man that is Killian. My heart broke for the woman Ari was hiding. This story has mystery, drama, love, and turmoil. I found myself getting lost in these two.

Killian is a baseball player. After getting injured he ends up at True North rehab. Ari has been through an accident she doesn't remember. She is at True North to recover also. But Ari can't express herself. My heart broke for everything she's bee
Sue
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Killian and Ariana...OMG I am still reeling at how intense and savage this book was...when it was not being spiritual and sweet. The famous baseball player and the quiet, shy daughter of a mega-church pastor (yep, you know right there that this will push all your buttons) met when they were much younger and in an almost tragic way. They never forgot each other but could never predict how they would come together years later in a rehab facility. The rest is a slow moving and emotional coming of a ...more
Lily Garcia
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Eeeekk my book funk is cured!

Nowadays, it’s a rare occurrence when a book will have me hooked to the point I want to miss work just so I can finish it (I didn’t miss work by the way 😂). I did, however, keep thinking about this story throughout the day.

This is a modern retelling of The Little Mermaid. It’s not fantasy or pnr, just has some similar elements. Dare I say I loved this story more. It was everything! I loved Ariana and Killian. I also loved and was invested in most of the secondary ch
Nancy VanSpunky Reads
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I stayed up until 3:30 in the morning reading this book. I don’t do that unless I’m really hooked by a story. Through the Water is breathtaking! You might wonder how a baseball star and a mega-church pastor’s daughter mix. In the beginning and in many ways, they didn’t. The absolute evil that’s present in Ari’s life just made me want to crush things. Myers created some palpable angst here. Ariana and Killian could be fated mates, but it will take a long road and no small miracle to get there.

I
Bookthief
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nobody does anything for nothing! That’s been Arianna James’ life for 19 years. Her dad being prominent in the community; fools everyone with who he really is. After an accident, Arianna finds herself at a rehab center where she meets Killian Reed. Killian, a womanizing, on hiatus, man whore. She has no clue who he is and they form an unlikely bond; one that Arianna desperately needs. Will Killian be enough to give Arianna the voice she needs to survive? Or does she buckle from wanting her dads ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm not really sure where to start. Through the Water is book in the Fairest series but can be enjoyed as a standalone, which is how I read it. I enjoy Shannon Myers writing style and how she can create characters that are real and down to earth. Through the Water is emotional on all levels and will leave you completely satisfied but wanting more. I enjoyed Ari and Killian, their pasts and how they over come and just let go. I will be going back and grabbing the first book because I have no idea ...more
Anne Milne
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A book that almost defines description, it's a little gem that totally surprised me. This the second book in the Fairest series but can be read as a standalone. The author created an intriguing storyline with characters you will enjoy reading about. If you believe in fate you will love the connection Ari and Killian have. With pasts they have to overcome and danger for Ari at every turn this was a book that kept me guessing and invested from start to finish.
Allison McGee
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What Are The Right Words…

This book…it’s…EVERYTHING! Love, drama, angsty…AMAZING! Killian & Ariana are the most amazing couple. I don’t want to give anything away. All I will say is you would be crazy not to read this! Also wish there was an extended epilogue. Maybe a couple years down the road because these are the type of characters that stay with you and make you wonder what they are doing now.
Valerie Martin
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I've been waiting years for this book, basically since I read Through the Woods. This is a complete standalone so no need to start at the beginning. Basically this story is a modern day play on The Little Mermaid. Ariana is the daughter of a mega church pastor and I found myself yelling at her to speak up in my head until the very end. She has so much personality, but has been repressed her whole life. The mental and physical abuse she endured broke my heart. Killian wasn't very like ...more
Melissa Ledet
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Read

Another amazing book by Shannon Myers. Love how she brought Ari and Killian to life. Their story takes you on an amazing journey to prove that true love wins in the end and that sometimes the smallest voice is the loudest voice.
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Through the water by Shannon Myers
“I can’t even, 3 stars”

Let me start off by saying that Through the Water was in no way bad. I just don’t think I was in the right mind set when I read it which is why it gets a three. I enjoyed the characters and their dynamic. I liked the twists and turns. I just didn’t love it. But like I said that could just be me and the mood I was in when I started it.
Killian is all about baseball. When he gets hurt and ends up in rehab he didn’t expect to his soulmate. Ari
Sonal
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars!

This story was emotional in the best of ways.

Ariana's life has been full of emotional manipulations. I can't believe she came out normal out of such harrowing experiences. I love her naivety while also being absolutely scared for her. I just really adored her and wanted her to get her HEA.

Killian had such a tremendous growth in the story and I really loved his journey. His love for Ari was so innocent and pure and I adored them together.

While the story was beautifully written, I couldn
Patti Adams
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Be still my baseball loving heart

Let’s start with this, the things I didn’t love but were not deal breakers for me. Killian calling her girl, he redeemed himself with slugger, also the slow start of Killian and Ari’s interaction. I will forgive the author for allowing the Atlanta team to lose in the story, just this once though.😉 This was such an emotional journey. I found myself close to tears at times and gritting my teeth at others. As a Southern girl raised in a church that at times felt lik
Michaela Zankl
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story

This book seriously pulls on your heartstrings. Ari's life is so sheltered with a "perfect" father on the outside but a controlling and manipulate swindler on the inside. She wants nothing more than to break free from her cage when Killian enters her life. Their bond is instantly, the successful baseball player and the daughter of a preacher. The pull they have towards each other is anything than just normal. There is a reason why they feel the pull...they met before. Ari fights s
2OCC Reviews
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gemma
This was an enjoyable read that really had me captivated form the first page. The way that the two characters got together and reunited in the story Ireally loved. This story was filled with emotions throughout the story and I could not get enough of the story between these two strong characters. I loved the way that the characters were there for each other when they really needed someone. This is a definite must read.
Lisa
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I have to be honest and say that I didn't like the beginning but as I kept reading it made perfect sense.

If you push through you will find mystery, romance and suspense. You will laugh and cry but you will cheer and hate that it ended.

You will go back and re-read the beginning and realize that it was needed and fall in love all over again!
Brandy Roberts
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ok wow Through he water is just one of those stories that grab you from the start this would be this book that I've read by Sahnnon Myers and I can't wait to read more by her in the future . My heart really hurt for the characters there were many things I didn't see coming it just blew my mind with what the characters go through and what they will fight for to get were and what they want .
Alharaca
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This one was unexpected, loved the story, the characters, how she described everything and the situations between the characters and how each of them gave something to it, is a beautiful story I fall for them and the circumstances that made them change and see itself in a different light, is just perfect.
The Book Lover
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book kept me intrigued until the very end! it was a beautiful story! I will keep an eye about this author for sure!
Reading with 2 book lovers
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow this book got me hooked roght from the start. Fab story.
Cheryl
Mar 27, 2020
Lisa-Marie Taylor
Mar 30, 2020

• Kickstart My Heart (Kickstart Trilogy, #1)
  • Bad Boys Break Hearts (An Enemies to Lovers Romance)
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • Riven Knight (Tin Gypsy, #2)
  • Donovan (Lucky Irish, #2)
  • The Secrets We Held (Secrets and Truths Duet, #1)
  • Guts & Glory: Steel (In the Shadows Security, #5)
  • Duncan (The Lucky Irish, #1)
  • Dark Secret (Darkhaven Saga, #1)
  • The Better Man
  • Desolate (Grace, #1)
  • Arrogant Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago, #4)
  • Eight (Count to Ten #8)
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Sweet Dandelion
  • Hate Struck (Maddison High #1)
  • The Entitled (Entitled #1)
Shannon is a born and raised Texan. She grew up inventing clever stories, usually to get herself out of trouble. Her mother was not amused. In junior high, she began writing fractured fairy tales from the villain's point of view and that was the moment she knew that she was going to use her powers for evil instead of good.

In 2003, she moved to Denver and met the love of her life. After some relent

Fairest (2 books)
  • Through The Woods (Fairest #1)