Start by marking “Cold Blooded (Cold Justice, #9)” as Want to Read:
Cold Blooded (Cold Justice, #9)

Cold Blooded

(Cold Justice #9)

Searching for the truth…

Disgraced investigative journalist Pip West is devastated when she discovers her best friend’s body face-down in a tranquil lake. When cops and federal agents determine that her friend overdosed then drowned, Pip knows they’re mistaken and intends to prove it.

Published June 12th 2018 by Toni Anderson

To ask other readers questions about Cold Blooded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Blooded

Sunny
ARC REVIEW

Originally posted at Scandalicious Book Reviews

If you are a fan of romantic suspense, you will be thrilled to read Toni Anderson’s latest story. She is back with the 9th book in her Cold Justice series and this one is a breath-holding, nail-biting treat.

Pip West is driven from her home in Florida after her investigative story into police corruption ends with her witness’ death. She seeks refuge from her best friend, Cindy, but when she arrives at her house, Pip finds her murdered. Unf
Toni Anderson
Oct 01, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
"Hypnotically sexy and mind-blowingly intense! Cold Blooded grabbed me by the heart and wouldn't let go until the gasp-worthy end. It's everything I love, love, love in a romantic suspense!" -NYT bestselling author Annika Martin.
Caz
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've given this a B at AAR.

I’ve been reading more and more romantic suspense novels of late, and although Toni Anderson is an author who’s been on my radar for a while, for some reason, I’ve not yet got around to reading anything of hers.  After reading her guest post at AAR a few weeks ago, I decided to rectify that, and picked up the latest in her Cold Justice series – Cold Blooded – for review.  It’s the ninth full-length novel in the series (which also includes a novella), but I had no pro
Dísir
Toni Anderson’s poised writing is always finely balanced between intricate details, action and intriguing development—well, this is no different. But it’s good to see ‘Cold-Blooded’ starting afresh (either that, or I really can’t seem to remember these protagonists popping up anywhere else) with an entirely new pairing without the strong links to the rest of the characters in Anderson’s previous books as it reads like a proper standalone.

The uneasy relationship between journalists and law enforc
Bea  Charmed

I've been eagerly awaiting this book since I read the last one. This series has hooked me and I haven't finished all of the books yet. I'm slowly making my way through the earlier books, not rushing because I enjoy them so much an want to make them last.

"Cold Blooded" didn't disappoint. I love Pip's fierceness, her devotion to her friend, and her battle to uncover the facts. Then there was Pip's battle with herself, as she wavered between believing there was a possibility that her frie
Anita
Fast paced, totally believable romance, a plot that could really happen and the best book I've read in a long time. Not that I expected anything less from Toni Anderson who has never written a book I wasn't in love with. If you like intelligent heroes, heroines and plots, this is the author for you.

Pip West is going through a rough patch. Her job as an investigative journalist in Tallassee, FL inadvertently caused several innocent people their lives. She needs to regroup and is going to the only
Maria Rose
Cold Blooded by Toni Anderson is the 9th book in her Cold Justice series. It’s an exciting and suspenseful standalone romance, with some twists and turns as a disgraced journalist and an FBI agent cross paths in the search for a murderer.

Journalist Pip West’s last assignment turned deadly for an innocent woman and her family. Seeking a new start, she’s shown up on the doorstep of her friend Cindy only to discover Cindy’s dead body. The police want to blame it on a drug overdose and bad choices,
Pamela(AllHoney)
The tenth book in the Cold Justice series by Toni Anderson. Special Agent Hunt Kincaid, as the local WMD (Weapons of Mass Destruction) Coordinator in Atlanta, GA, is assigned to find out who is selling Anthrax. One of his first stops is to check out a grad student who was developing a vaccine for Anthrax. Unfortunately, he gets there too late.

Pip West is a journalist who uncovered a case of police corruption in Florida. But tragedy strikes when her witness is murdered and the cop commits suicid
Carolyn
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anderson-toni
I have now read the entire series (back-to-back) and thoroughly enjoyed it. This last book, like all of them, was an edge-of-your seat read. All the background stories covered topics currently in the news and were all frightening. I really liked Pip, our heroine in this book. She was scrappy, tenacious and tough while fraught with insecurities. But, she never gave up on finding the truth of what happened to her best friend. Very good book.

I almost missed this series because, according to my revi
Wendy
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this 9th book in Toni Anderson's Cold Justice series!
MBR
Cold Blooded is the tenth installment in the Cold Justice series by Toni Anderson. I have immensely enjoyed the series since the beginning, with each novel bringing to readers topics that are prominent in the highly globalized world we live in today. Be it biomedical warfare, terrorism, rising sentiments of white supremacy within Europe and America, or human trafficking, Toni’s books portray a wealth of information alongside with the sizzling romance that she delivers.

Cold Blooded delves into th
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
Cold Blooded is another winner from Toni Anderson. Keeping me up well into the night reading about Pip and Hunt and their search for the anthrax dealers. All starting with the situation that Pip found herself in, finding her best friend dead in the lake by her house. I enjoyed the love hate relationship with Hunt and Pip that was entertaining to witness.
As always I was compelled to read this enthralling adventure in one go. Trying to write this withou
Darcy
This one had a slow start for me and didn't really pick up until almost half way through. A lot of that was due to setting things up. I liked that Pip believed in her friend, that she fought to find out what really happened to Cindy. I think since Hunt wasn't in his normal job he looked a little deeper at things once he listened to what Cindy had to say.

It was pretty easy to guess who the bad guy was and why, but that didn't detract from things. I liked seeing them brought down, just wished so
Sue
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this Cold Justice instalment! Toni continues to pull out the big guns with this series, suspense, drama, twists, super hot FBI agents aka Special Agent Hot (Hunt) Kincaid 😍and we touch base with a couple of previous characters, which is always nice. If you haven’t read Toni’s Cold Justice series, it’s definitely worth picking up.

Once again terrific audio narration by Eric G Dove also.
Phe
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars - Cold Blooded is an adult romantic suspense thriller by Toni Anderson and the 9th book in her Cold Justice series.

Toni Anderson never disappoints...another highly suspenseful story! This installment of the Cold Justice series revolves around bioterrorism and Anthrax. Truly spinetingling. But I had to laugh when I read the author's Acknowledgements:

And I want to thank my husband for not rolling his eyes too hard when I told him this really was the worst book I'd ever written and th
Becky
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, arc
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 6/15/18/.

OMG, this book--crack it open and hang on for the ride!

Pip and Hunt's story has many twists and turns, both with their relationship and in the suspense plot. I can't tell you how much time I spent telling various characters in the book, "No, it WASN'T a drug overdose! What's wrong with you people???"--honestly, I think I said it more than Pip did (especially since at one point, even Pip started wondering...) I gasped out loud while reading more th
Niken Widyastuti
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent story from Toni Anderson!

This 10th book in Cold Justice series was just as great as the previous books. Everything I expect in an RS novel was in here. There was who-dunnit mystery that heavily laced with suspense, and hot romance complete with its own drama yet not overwhelming.

Pip, a journalist who just lost the last person she loved, and Hunt, an FBI special agent with bad experience with journalist in the past. There was distrust toward each other in the beginning that kept
Book Him Danno
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having Read the first 8 Cold Justice Series I was wondering if this would be the one that failed the series.

I can officially say No.

Cold Blooded is one of the best in the series. From beginning to end readers will be hook as Pip West tries to prove her best friend was murdered while dealing with the loss of her only family. Pip is a likable characters to the point she could be your best friend.

The adventure that moves though politics, policy, revenge and bio weapons will keep readers hooked unt
Cindy ~
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An FBI agent heading up a Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)  team looking for the people who just tried to sell a new Anthrax strain.. A journalist looking into the death of her friend, who happened to be working on a new vaccine for anthrax.. A madman hungry for money willing to sell a new Anthrax strain to the highest bidder killing anyone that gets in his way.

Some of the books in this series have left me with whiplash from all the fast paced action and suspense. This one was more slow and st
Joanne
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

What a book! It had everything, drama, angst, intrigue, pure evil and love. Beautiful selfless love. This was an emotional read, touching on some pretty horrendous subjects but as is her way Ms Anderson handled them with style and portrayed the characters realistically but compassionately. I was very sad at the end but i was hooked from the beginning. Great book and series.
Danielle Gypsy Soul
Cold Blooded is the 10th book in Cold Justice but can easily be read as a stand alone. This romantic suspense is a bit heavier on the suspense/mystery than the romance IMO but there was plenty of both to keep to me hooked!

This book centers around Pip, a reporter who was working on a police corruption story when things took a deadly turn. Pip is disillusioned and a bit lost so she quits her job and heads out to see her best friend Cindy. When she arrives she finds Cindy dead and although the pol
Starfire
So if you'd asked me a year or two back whether I'd EVER read a book in which the plot involves a hunt for a bad guy selling weaponised anthrax, the answer would have been a hard "NO".

However, I've followed Toni Anderson through a bunch of different pseudomilitary chick-pr0n plots, and decided I trusted her enough to follow her through this one - and I'm glad I did.

Competent, reasonably complex characters, great action scenes and ALL the feels made this an enjoyable read, even before you throw i
Jolin
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once I started reading this book, I didn’t want to put it down. It was full of suspense and every time I thought I had it “figured out”, it would take another turn. I’ve never cared much for bioweapon storylines, but this one seemed different and kept me entertained. I really liked watching Pip and Hunt’s story unfold. I love this series, and this book continues with the same excitement as the rest.
Ann
4.5 stars. Wow, these books just fly the last 20-25%. A page turning frenzy as I was trying to piece everything together right along with the FBI agents. Whew! What a ride. Great HEA and fantastic end to this series. Nice to know it lives on in the Crossfire series.
✼Danielle✼
HUNT KINCAID
PIP WEST

Read 8/2/19 | 4 stars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Book synopsis: Searching for the truth…

Special Agent Hunt Kincaid doesn’t trust journalists and has no patience for Pip’s delusions, especially since her meddling could reveal wh
Jackie
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Investigative journalist Pip West finds her best friend dead in a quiet lake. Police say suicide but she feels it’s more than that. Outstanding suspense from a fantastic author.
Melinda
Feb 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This isn't my one of my usual genres but it kept me interested right up to the end.
Dolly Sickles
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Toni Anderson is back with the 10th installation of her Cold Justice series, COLD BLOODED (coming June 12). Honestly, Anderson is the literary equivalent of a singer who could “sing the phone book” … she’s that great a storyteller. Once again, I found myself compulsively staying up late to race through this thriller, made all the more nerve-racking because this is a premise that could totally happen.

Two weeks ago, Pip West was the “golden girl” at a small paper in Tallahassee, Florida, where she
Hazel
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Cold Justice Series Just Keeps Getting Better and Better

I have LOVED every book in the Cold Justice series, but I think Cold Blooded may be my favorite. I can't recommend this series enough. If you enjoy fast paced romantic suspense then you will love Toni Anderson.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Montana Actually (Medicine River, #1)
  • Poison Evidence (Evidence, #7)
  • Wildfire (Fire, #3)
  • The Deepest Ocean (Eden #2)
  • Wanted (Deadly Secrets #2)
  • Deadly Shadow: A Paranormal Suspense Thriller (The Assassin Chronicles Book 1)
  • Anticipation (Brothers Ink #2)
  • Behind the Mask (The Associates #4)
  • Fatal Honor (SEALs of Shadow Force #2)
  • The Seduction of Samantha Kincade (Dangerous Men, #1)
  • Worth the Trip
  • The Year of the Knife
  • Protecting Paige (Serve and Protect, #3)
  • A Just Deception (Private Protectors, #3)
Coming Soon: