Start by marking “Getting Down (Shacking Up, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Getting Down (Shacking Up, #1.5)

Getting Down

(Shacking Up #1.5)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  938 Ratings  ·  89 Reviews
Originally published as part of the USA Today bestselling anthology Eye Candy, Getting Down is a hilarious and hot short story set in the Shacking Up world. Now contains a never before published bonus scene!

Ruby Scott's favorite holiday is here, all she needs is a moderately good excuse to throw a party. With the help of her best friend Amalie--and Amalie's fiance's budget
Published April 3rd 2018 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about Getting Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Down

Cristina | CristiinaReads
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳A novella that lead up to so much emotion, mystery, and "getting down" to the dirty details of what is so captivating about Helena Hunting's writing...

➳Of course, one can never get enough of Bane and Ruby from Shacking Up, and honestly, how can one? They are both two unique characters that I wish I could actually meet in person. They both not only have charisma, but also so much spark that I seriously just want to become their third wheeler, JUST to witness the crazy stuff these two do togeth
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Publisher}

I’ve shared the size of Bane’s cock with her. I’ve mentioned my new religion: the Church of Bane Cock. I’ve written sonnets about how beautiful it is. Not really, but I’ve made up a couple of limericks.

Helena Hunting is one of the authors that is ranked HIGH on my favorites list. I love her brand of humor and a number of her cocky and sexy as hell Heroes have stolen my heart. When I found out she would be writing a Halloween themed nove
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦Well, this is a fun little novella. It can be read as a standalone, methinkes. But better if read after book #1 in the series. It doesn't give out spoilers though, as far as I could tell.

➦Ever wonder what fun it would be to f*** Batman? Logistics of it? Like, does he have to, maybe, unzip his suit all the way to get friskeh? Or may be not?

➦Well, this book might answer those very important questions to some extent. Warning, however: this book is not about a real Batman. Disappointed? No problem
J. Grayland
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved it, short, sassy, sexy and hilarious surrounding a halloween Ball.
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this so much in Eye Candy!

Let's just say I really looked forward to this one, because I loved shacking up!

I loved this so very much! Also the pov from Amie! Can I smack Armstrong against the head? What a effin douche he is..
It made me so sad that I needed to wait for Amie her book! But also very exciting!
Now I've read it and still love this little glimpse we got of a wonderful time!

This cover is also very gorgeous!!

I just love Helena Hunting!!
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

You don’t need to have read Helena Hunting’s Shacking Up to sit back and enjoy this short story, but Getting Down certainly appeased my appetite for more Ruby and Bane. Their relationship may be a bit too oversexed for me here, but they are the complete opposite of Amalie and her uptight fiancé, Armstrong.

Amalie is Ruby’s best friend, and the story follows them planning a Halloween ball for the rich and snooty. I love their friendship. Ruby is quirkier than ever, even as she deals with
RentasticReads
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you've read Helena Hunting's Shacking Up that was recently just released, you'll definitely fall in love and in lust with this one. It's the perfect sequel to Bane and Ruby's story and a huge tease for Amie's tale in Hooking Up!

This was told both in Ruby and Amie's POVs. As usual, we get the adventurous and funny Ruby. God, her mishaps were just too epic, there's not a chance you won't bust a lung laughing. And then we get a needy, insecure and jealous Bane which hit a little too high on th
book bruin
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The following is from my original review of the Eye Candy Anthology, which is where Getting Down was first published. It was this amazingly hilarious novella that introduced me to the magic that is Helena Hunting. I have since read and LOVED Shacking Up and Hooking Up and am now a devout member of the #ChurchOfBaneCock ;) I definitely recommend this novella!

description

*****
Getting Down by Helena Hunting read the most like a regular book to me. Truth be told, I have not read Shacking Up, but I completely fe
Na
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow ... reading this little novella is like experience a hot and cold shower. While Ruby's and Bane's chapters will leave you all hot and bothered, whereas Amalie's and Amstrong's chapters are like balloon loosing its air.

Getting Down is the perfect book to bridge between Shacking Up (Ruby's story) and Hooking Up (Amalie's story). It's nice to be back again with Ruby and Bane and getting some heads up and hints on what to expect with Amalie's story.

Be prepared to read mostly some very h
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, boxset
I read this last year in the Eye Candy anthology. This was a great look into Bancroft and Ruby after their book and a great sneak peak into Amelie's before her book. It was hilarious and made me want to read both books, which I hadn't at the time.
Erin Lovelady
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So cute! Both couples have such a great chemistry.
BookSmacked
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Helena Hunting bring us the characters from Shacking Up. I loved Bane then and I love Bane now. The chemistry between Ruby and Bane is still smoking hot as you will see in this story. Playing dress up is sexy AF. And we got to see more of Amie in this as well, I'm hoping from what I saw in this story we will get an Amie and Lex book.
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh I loved this one! So great to catch up with everyone from the other two books. Loved the multiple POV. Plenty of LOL moments & just the right amount of heat. Such a fun read.
Mel
4.5 stars!!

Getting Down by Helena Hunting was originally included in Eye Candy, a Halloween anthology, and it drew me in and left me completely satisfied despite it's short length. Taking place in the Shacking Up world, it is a small morsel of deliciousness that cranks up the heat but also supplies the sweet stuff just in time for Halloween.

We first met Ruby and Bane in their book,  Shacking Up , and now they are back and better than ever. Ruby and her bestie, Amie, plan a Halloween party and we
Chloe reads
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 getting down stars

Oh man, I LOVE this novella so much. I literally can't get enough of Ruby and Bane.

description

(Full Review To Come)
Manon
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars

Review from the anthology "Eye Candy"

Full disclosure, I picked this anthology on netgalley because Helena Hunting’s name was on it. I love her books and I’ve met her and she’s just so very nice and all.
This was basically both an epilogue for Shacking Up and a prologue for Hooking Up.
I loved the characters and am so excited for Hooking Up. I love Lex and Armstrong needs to die or be hung by his balls...
Heather andrews
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bane could be a whiner at times, “well, they need to go. They’re obstructing my ability to rub my huge, hard ***k against your ***,” he complains." I loved seeing Bane and the gang again.
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read this in the Eye Candy bundle. Was a great prequel to HOOKING UP.
Laura Johnson
Awww...this was a great addition to this wonderful series. I truly enjoyed it. It was funny, sexy, swoony, and witty. I definitely recommend this series.
Macaela Conder
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love to laugh. and this author makes me laugh. a lot
Katie ✨
May 25, 2018 rated it liked it
There’s definitely a lot of getting down in this book, as the title suggests ;-)

I loved the characters’ interactions, both between couples and friends and the incongruous awkward funny situations, typical of Helena Hunting’s writing style.
However there was too much sex for my liking. Ruby and Bane seemed to always get at it, and there were no other activities nor moments shared between the two, except for sex.
Trina Gloury
This is another one of those novella’s where you will only find enjoyment in it if you love the characters in this series.
Christina (Christina's Book Corner)
Char ღ Denae
A little pricey, in my opinion, for such a short novella but laugh out loud funny. I also loved being able to read more about Ruby and Bane’s relationship (Shacking Up) as they’re not in ‘I Flippin’ Love You’. It sucked that we also get more info on Amie and Douchebag’s (Armstrong) relationship from Hooking Up. God! I loath him.
Monique Pearson
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Discovered this after reading books 1 and 2 and this is from between them. Not a necessary story but a good story nonetheless. I especially enjoyed the costume snafu and Lex coming to the rescue twice really.
Cassidy
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am an idiot for not making this a priority when it was released. I totally enjoyed every minute of it. Now I’m off to read Hooking Up.
vivi books haven
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
נובלה קצרצרה ומשעשעת על ביין ורובי והצצה חטופה להתחלה של אמי ולקס
נהנתי מאוד, הזוגות הללו נהדרים .

עכשיו בא לי למחזר שוב את הספרים .!!
Hannah
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
See Eye Candy review for review.
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)

Rate: 5 / 5 stars

Oh man , I had also missed these two! I'm a little sad Francesca made no appearance (they did mention her though) , I miss my borrowed pet ferret.
This novella is something that should be read between Shacking Up and Hooking Up. It was very fun and entertaining to read, a lot of mischief ans shenanigans happening. I also loved that Helena started giving us Amie's story here, which gives you a better understanding of her relationship with her boyfriend and with Lex, when you re
Phuong
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG, this novella is so funny, hot and sexy! This novella comes after Shacking Up (Ruby and Bancroft) and before Hooking Up (Amelia and Lexington) and it is great to finally read about the infamous Halloween party that Lexington participated in the bachelor auction and what everyone got to see!

Ruby and Amelia ends up planning a benefit Halloween party funded by Armstrong, Amelia's fiance. We get to find out what's been happening with Ruby and Bancroft after Shacking Up and what they have been u
Helena Hunting is the author of The USA Today and NYT bestselling PUCKED Series. She lives on the outskirts of Toronto with her incredibly tolerant family and two moderately intolerant cats. She writes everything from romantic sports comedy to new adult angst.

Shacking Up (3 books)
  • Shacking Up (Shacking Up, #1)
  • Hooking Up (Shacking Up, #2)
  • I Flipping Love You (Shacking Up, #3)