Start by marking “Getting Down (Shacking Up, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Getting Down (Shacking Up, #1.5)

Getting Down

(Shacking Up #1.5)

Originally published as part of the USA Today bestselling anthology Eye Candy, Getting Down is a hilarious and hot short story set in the Shacking Up world. Now contains a never before published bonus scene!

Ruby Scott's favorite holiday is here, all she needs is a moderately good excuse to throw a party. With the help of her best friend Amalie--and Amalie's fiance's
Published April 3rd 2018 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about Getting Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Down

Start your review of Getting Down (Shacking Up, #1.5)
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
A novella that lead up to so much emotion, mystery, and "getting down" to the dirty details of what is so captivating about Helena Hunting's writing...

Of course, one can never get enough of Bane and Ruby from Shacking Up, and honestly, how can one? They are both two unique characters that I wish I could actually meet in person. They both not only have charisma, but also so much spark that I seriously just want to become their third wheeler, JUST to witness the crazy stuff these two do
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Publisher}

I’ve shared the size of Bane’s cock with her. I’ve mentioned my new religion: the Church of Bane Cock. I’ve written sonnets about how beautiful it is. Not really, but I’ve made up a couple of limericks.

Helena Hunting is one of the authors that is ranked HIGH on my favorites list. I love her brand of humor and a number of her cocky and sexy as hell Heroes have stolen my heart. When I found out she would be writing a Halloween themed
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

Well, this is a fun little novella. It can be read as a standalone, methinkes. But better if read after book #1 in the series. It doesn't give out spoilers though, as far as I could tell.

Ever wonder what fun it would be to f*** Batman? Logistics of it? Like, does he have to, maybe, unzip his suit all the way to get friskeh? Or may be not?

Well, this book might answer those very important questions to some extent. Warning, however: this book is not about a real Batman. Disappointed? No problem.
J. Grayland
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved it, short, sassy, sexy and hilarious surrounding a halloween Ball.
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this so much in Eye Candy!

Let's just say I really looked forward to this one, because I loved shacking up!

I loved this so very much! Also the pov from Amie! Can I smack Armstrong against the head? What a effin douche he is..
It made me so sad that I needed to wait for Amie her book! But also very exciting!
Now I've read it and still love this little glimpse we got of a wonderful time!

This cover is also very gorgeous!!

I just love Helena Hunting!!
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

You don’t need to have read Helena Hunting’s Shacking Up to sit back and enjoy this short story, but Getting Down certainly appeased my appetite for more Ruby and Bane. Their relationship may be a bit too oversexed for me here, but they are the complete opposite of Amalie and her uptight fiancé, Armstrong.

Amalie is Ruby’s best friend, and the story follows them planning a Halloween ball for the rich and snooty. I love their friendship. Ruby is quirkier than ever, even as she deals with
RentasticReads
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you've read Helena Hunting's Shacking Up that was recently just released, you'll definitely fall in love and in lust with this one. It's the perfect sequel to Bane and Ruby's story and a huge tease for Amie's tale in Hooking Up!

This was told both in Ruby and Amie's POVs. As usual, we get the adventurous and funny Ruby. God, her mishaps were just too epic, there's not a chance you won't bust a lung laughing. And then we get a needy, insecure and jealous Bane which hit a little too high on
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Not sure how I missed reading this one when it first came out, but thank goodness for an awesome novella at the end of the GR Challenge! ...more
book bruin
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The following is from my original review of the Eye Candy Anthology, which is where Getting Down was first published. It was this amazingly hilarious novella that introduced me to the magic that is Helena Hunting. I have since read and LOVED Shacking Up and Hooking Up and am now a devout member of the #ChurchOfBaneCock ;) I definitely recommend this novella!

description

*****
Getting Down by Helena Hunting read the most like a regular book to me. Truth be told, I have not read Shacking Up, but I completely
Na
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow ... reading this little novella is like experience a hot and cold shower. While Ruby's and Bane's chapters will leave you all hot and bothered, whereas Amalie's and Amstrong's chapters are like balloon loosing its air.

Getting Down is the perfect book to bridge between Shacking Up (Ruby's story) and Hooking Up (Amalie's story). It's nice to be back again with Ruby and Bane and getting some heads up and hints on what to expect with Amalie's story.

Be prepared to read mostly some very
Kayla Brunson
This was such a good novella! We got to see our favorite characters from Shacking Up along with being introduced to some new ones. This was funny as hell and I’m still giggling just thinking about it.

We did get a bit of Amie’s POV and that makes super excited to read her story next!

Blog | Instagram | Twitter
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, boxset
I read this last year in the Eye Candy anthology. This was a great look into Bancroft and Ruby after their book and a great sneak peak into Amelie's before her book. It was hilarious and made me want to read both books, which I hadn't at the time.
Joey Love
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So cute! Both couples have such a great chemistry.
BookSmacked
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Helena Hunting bring us the characters from Shacking Up. I loved Bane then and I love Bane now. The chemistry between Ruby and Bane is still smoking hot as you will see in this story. Playing dress up is sexy AF. And we got to see more of Amie in this as well, I'm hoping from what I saw in this story we will get an Amie and Lex book.
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
4 stars. Great novella. I felt awful for Amelie here. Seeing the things she has to do deal with her fiancé, he's just the absolute worst. It was nice getting her p.o.v here because I do think she's a great character and I'm really looking forward to reading her book because she deserves a HEA. On the flip side, we also got Ruby and Bancroft which was great because those two are wonderful. This was funny, smutty and very entertaining. I don't think it's an absolutely necessary read but it was a ...more
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh I loved this one! So great to catch up with everyone from the other two books. Loved the multiple POV. Plenty of LOL moments & just the right amount of heat. Such a fun read.
Mel
4.5 stars!!

Getting Down by Helena Hunting was originally included in Eye Candy, a Halloween anthology, and itdrew me in and left me completely satisfied despite it's short length. Taking place inthe Shacking Up world, it is a small morsel of deliciousness that cranks up the heat but also supplies the sweet stuff just in time for Halloween.

We first met Ruby and Bane in their book, Shacking Up , and now they are back and better than ever. Ruby and her bestie, Amie, plan a Halloween party and we
Shawna (what.shawna.reads)
Getting Down is a short, hilarious novella that takes place between Shacking Up and Hooking Up. It was perfect because it’s told from the dual POVs of Ruby and Amie, letting me spend a little more time with Ruby and Bane while also setting up the history between Amie, Armstrong, and Lexington that plays into the next book.

The plot centers around a Halloween party that Ruby wants to throw that gets taken over by Bane and Armstrong’s mothers and turned into a charity ball complete with bachelor
Manon the Malicious
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
4.25 Stars

Review from the anthology "Eye Candy"

Full disclosure, I picked this anthology on netgalley because Helena Hunting’s name was on it. I love her books and I’ve met her and she’s just so very nice and all.
This was basically both an epilogue for Shacking Up and a prologue for Hooking Up.
I loved the characters and am so excited for Hooking Up. I love Lex and Armstrong needs to die or be hung by his balls...
Chloe reads
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 getting down stars

Oh man, I LOVE this novella so much. I literally can't get enough of Ruby and Bane.

description

(Full Review To Come)
Laura Johnson
Awww...this was a great addition to this wonderful series. I truly enjoyed it. It was funny, sexy, swoony, and witty. I definitely recommend this series.
Heather andrews
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bane could be a whiner at times, “well, they need to go. They’re obstructing my ability to rub my huge, hard ***k against your ***,” he complains." I loved seeing Bane and the gang again.
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read this in the Eye Candy bundle. Was a great prequel to HOOKING UP.
Katie ✨
May 25, 2018 rated it liked it
There’s definitely a lot of getting down in this book, as the title suggests ;-)

I loved the characters’ interactions, both between couples and friends and the incongruous awkward funny situations, typical of Helena Hunting’s writing style.
However there was too much sex for my liking. Ruby and Bane seemed to always get at it, and there were no other activities nor moments shared between the two, except for sex.
Trina Gloury
This is another one of those novella’s where you will only find enjoyment in it if you love the characters in this series.
Christina (Christina's Book Corner)
SℓιM
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***Just a few spoilers; not much****

Okay! This what I wish

I wished that I read this book way before I’ve read “Hooking Up” ugh! I even want to re-read the book over which I may do I don’t know yet! But I did see they mentioned both Lincoln who is Armstrong brother in this book; let’s pray he way better than his horrible brother since I remember who that wack job is.... & also mentioned Griffin who I also believe is Bane and Lex brother... that’s going
Kookie's
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novella
Here's a quick review from a quick read.

This novella was a great way to link the first and second books in the series. It was fun reading both from Ruby and Amie's POV. Bane was sexy as always while Armstrong was being his usual douchy self. I was really hoping he would turn out different but, alas, I can't have everything. Ahhh, Amalie, girl! And Lex! I got my eyes on you, handsome. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.
BookishLor
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
4/5 Stars

A short novella, but still full of sweet, funny & sexy moments between Bane and Ruby. It also showed more of Amalie and Armstrong's relationship and a few more glimpses into Lex's personality.

The story itself was centered around Ruby and Amalie throwing a charity Halloween party, so it would make a great sexy costume filled Halloween read! This story left me wanting more from this series and was an amazing lead into book two in the series!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Satisfaction Guaranteed (Always Satisfied #1)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • Eye Candy
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • Christmas in the City
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • Parental Guidance (Ice Knights, #1)
  • Seven Nights of Sin (Penthouse Affair, #2)
  • All the Way (Hot Jocks, #2)
  • Say Yes
  • So Much More (Alabama Summer, #5.5)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Chicago Rebels #4.5)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • All Grown Up
  • Plan B (Best Laid Plans, #2)
Helena Hunting is the author of The USA Today and NYT bestselling PUCKED Series. She lives on the outskirts of Toronto with her incredibly tolerant family and two moderately intolerant cats. She writes everything from romantic sports comedy to new adult angst.

Shacking Up (5 books)
  • Shacking Up (Shacking Up, #1)
  • Hooking Up (Shacking Up, #2)
  • I Flipping Love You (Shacking Up, #3)
  • Making Up (Shacking Up, #4)
  • Handle With Care (Shacking Up, #5)