Start by marking “The Single Mums' Picnic Club” as Want to Read:
The Single Mums' Picnic Club

The Single Mums' Picnic Club

ebook
Published June 8th 2018 by HQ Digital (HarperCollins)

To ask other readers questions about The Single Mums' Picnic Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Single Mums' Picnic Club

Start your review of The Single Mums' Picnic Club
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can certainly see why this is being advertised as an uplifting summer read - it really is feel good fiction, with new friends, new romances, good food and picnics!

Told from three alternating focal points, we really get to know George, Katie and Frankie and their assorted children. They meet one cold day on the beach and all being single parents that are newish to Clifton on Sea they bonded and started to have weekly picnics.

Their children are all different ages and each of them is single for
Charanya
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This was a very different genre from the past books of Jennifer Joyce that I've read. The author has a knack of making me snort laugh in her books, but this one was a bit on the serious side. Probably because it tried to combine three women, all single mums, either by choice or forced into by circumstance who after a chance meeting become great friends, build solidarity and work on something they are all passionate about. All this while navigating their personal problems and trying to d
Nicola Clough
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've always really enjoyed Jennifer's books and I loved the cover and the title to this one and she didn't disappoint me at all it was simply brilliant set at a beautiful seaside resort and has amazing characters and so true to life and full of friendship and romance and starting over again and of course amazing picnics as well. The whole book has you hooked from the first page and I just couldn't put it down as so good amazingly well written and highly recommend this book.
The book is based aro
Kim
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, net-galley
Three single mums meet by chance and George who loves catering for people suggests that they have a picnic at her beach hut. The picnics sound wonderful- a bit different from my quick dash round the supermarket sandwich aisle before a day out! I do love the ideas of picnics and own more than one wicker hamper and this book has encouraged me to unearth one and plan a lovely picnic of our own.

As they are all lonely they take it it turns to provide a picnic- unfortunately the other mum's are more l
Grace J Reviewerlady
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's not often I read to similar books back to back, but although my last two have the same sort of title, they are very different reads.

Katie, Frankie and George meet each other purely by chance; each finding themselves as single parents but for very different reasons and through no fault of their own. A friendship is struck from day one, and they each provide the others with the support and encouragement they need to deal with what life has thrown at them. It's wonderful to see them become str
Jantine
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy through Netgalley in return for an honest review.

This book is exactly what it looks like: a nice book to read on a sunny summer's day. To me this kind of book is a holiday-book.

The plot line was pretty predictable. Some would say that makes the book less 'good', but it is how a book like this should be. It made that the book never seemed too heavy, even while it had some difficult themes in it - I've almost lost my husband like Frankie did hers, and even to me it did never
MetLineReader
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arcs
I have always enjoyed this author’s writing and TSMPC is no exception.

It is a little more melancholy at the start than her previous books, so took me a while to get into it. But once I did, it was light, friendly and warm. A supportive network is established and Frankie, Katie and George balance each other out well.

Add a couple of gorgeous neighbours and a brother plus a scoundrel of a dog called Jake and the story all comes together.

Perhaps it came together a little too neatly and perhaps it c
Jessica
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love loved this book sooo much! Jennifer Joyce is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. This is a great book about female friendship mixed with a little romance- my favorite kind of book. I'm lazy and I usually don't write reviews but this one was so good I felt I had to leave a little something. :)
Karen Whittard
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A lovely feel good romantic book perfect for chicklit and romance fans. This book is sure to put a smile on your face. Full of lots of funny moments, with characters you actually care about, cute little ones and big ones, a beautiful scenic back drop and a plot that will leaving you feeling good about yourself and life in general and wishing for the beautiful summer months ahead. Loved it.
Joanne D'Arcy
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Three single Mums, single for very different reasons: George, Frankie and Katie are thrown together unexpectedly and they strike up a friendship over food!

Picnic's in particular.

George has the most passion for food and her picnics are second to none, made because she is lost when her son starts school. It is her skill and talent that leads all of these women to come up with a unique twist on their little club.

Katie still cannot understand why her husband left her with two teenage children. When
Nicola (Not Just Books) Barker
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It’s a great summer read about picnics, seaside and friendships. I found myself daydreaming of long sunny days down by the beach with a picnic hamper by my side.
kieran james bassett
Seaside fun

Not as good as some of the other books I have read by this author but still a good read.
Allyb
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice story, would love to see a follow up book
Colin Bell
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story is set around three single mums and their efforts in making a better life for themselves. Well worth a read.
MargaretTaylor
Jun 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• An Almost Perfect Holiday
  • When Life Gives You Lemons
  • Has Anyone Seen My Sex Life?
  • The Truth About Gemma Grey
  • #No Filter
  • A Wedding at the Comfort Food Cafe (Comfort Food Cafe, #6)
  • Love Heart Lane (Love Heart Lane, #1)
  • The Summer Getaway
  • The Mother of All Christmases
  • One Winter Morning
  • The Woman Who Upped and Left
  • The Summer of Chasing Dreams
I'm a writer of romantic comedies who lives in Manchester with my husband and our two daughters. I've been scribbling down bits of stories for as long as I can remember, graduating from a pen to a typewriter and then an electronic typewriter. And I felt like the bee's knees typing on THAT. I now write my books on a laptop (which has a proper delete button and everything).

You can keep up to date wi