Start by marking “Misteri Kurcaci Gaib (Alfred Hitchcock & Trio Detektif, #5)” as Want to Read:
Misteri Kurcaci Gaib (Alfred Hitchcock & Trio Detektif, #5)

Misteri Kurcaci Gaib (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #5)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  1,879 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
“Kalian mungkin tidak akan percaya,” kata Mr. Hitfield perlahan, “tapi temanku menelepon dan mengatakan bahwa dia dirongrong kurcaci.”

Bisa dibayangkan betapa bingungnya Trio Detektif ketika mendengar kisah tentang kurcaci yang berkeliaran dan memorak-porandakan rumah seorang wanita tua. Bukankah kurcaci makhluk dongeng belaka?

Seperti yang bisa ditebak dengan mudah, Trio De
Published 1982 by PT Gramedia (first published 1966)

To ask other readers questions about Misteri Kurcaci Gaib, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misteri Kurcaci Gaib

Mark
2008 review - Another of my all-time favourites, this is a rollercoaster of an adventure, that never really lets us. It’s been a while since I read it, so a lot of the story was fresh and I was surprised at how wide it casts it’s net - from the initial robbery, the detail of the gnomes and the pursuit in the cinema, right down to the ‘second’ ending and the deduction surprises that last to almost the final page. A clever, atmospheric mystery that’s well worth a read, I loved it.

2013 update - It’
Quentin Wallace
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good mystery! (Honestly, my nostalgia for these books will probably never let me give one a bad rating, but we'll see.)

In this one we have an impossible museum robbery and a lady being plagued by gnomes. (Gnomes?!?!)

As with all of the three investigators novels, another fun mystery read! Young readers are especially missing out if they haven't tried this series.
Lea
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Das Buch hat mir überraschend gut gefallen. Ich fand es sehr spannend und mochte auch, dass die drei ein bisschen mehr Farbe und Charakter bekamen. Besonders Peters Überlegungen, ob er lieber ins Wasser geworfen werden will und dort sterben oder doch lieber als Sklave verkauft werden möchte. Diese schöne mampige-ängstliche Art mit einer Portion Ironie hat mir wirklich gefallen. Bisher mein Lieblingsbuch der ganz frühen, dabei war mir das Hörspiel nie so besonders positiv aufgefallen.

Ich hab das
Musicbeats
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!
Becca
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bearcatgary
I thought I'd start the new year off by reading a selection from one of my favorite juvenile series. In this story, Jupiter Jones and gang solve not 1, but 2 mysteries. The Investigators happen to witness the robbery of a precious belt from a local museum. They offer their detective services, but are turned down because of their youth. Around the same time, Alfred Hitchcock recommends them to an elderly friend who believes her house and surrounding grounds have been taken over by gnomes. As usua ...more
Alex
May 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So…gnomes. I’m not sure I can find gnomes scary. They try valiantly, but I have consumed too many twee cartoons and D&D games. While I was happy that they at least pointed at Arthur Conan Doyle’s “The Red-Headed League” it didn’t make me appreciate the story more, as it became clear to me fairly early that this was the goal of the gnome plot. Good pacing, as this one clicks along, but this was not the strongest outing for the Three Investigators.
JBooks
Jul 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1,5 Sterne
Auch wenn ich die Jungs liebe, dieser Fall hat mir nicht gefallen...
Vishal Mehta
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entirely satisfying!
Ratna Sari
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kurcacinya sih ketebak, tp pending emasnya bener2 gak ada ide sama sekali. Hahaa... Ternyata kedua kasus tersebut saling berkaitan.
Jeff Stephenson
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AH&T3I Update: 5 read, 23 hardbacks to go!

Robert Arthur, the creator of the Three Investigators and the writer of the first 11 titles was a genius! Ok, maybe he borrowed a little (and just a little) from the Sherlock Holmes' Red-Headed League short story, but he did not borrow enough to give away this plot or even the main story of this book. For evidence of Mr. Arthur's genius, consider this quote from page 150 in the book:

"'Well done, lads,' Mr. Hitchcock rumbled at last. 'Well done indeed
J.S.
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-ya
I was a big fan of the Three Investigators as a kid, and now my own kids have enjoyed reading them as well. I tried reading a couple of Hardy Boy mysteries when I was young, but found them uninteresting in comparison. Jupiter Jones, Pete Crenshaw, and Bob Andrews always had much more interesting cases to solve and they seemed more like real kids than the Hardy Boys.

While visiting a local museum the lights go out and a jewel-encrusted belt is discovered missing. Jupiter forwardly offers the assi
Ardee-El
This is the fifth in what was called__when I was reading and collecting them__THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK MYSTERY SERIES. The real mystery here is why this isn__t entitled The Mystery of the Wicked Gnomes. After all, this isn__t the first__nor last__time the boys will encounter a treasure, and, as for vanishing . . .

Whereas the previous book in the series (The Mystery of the Green Ghost) might have used, in retrospect, some unfortunate stereotypes in its Chinese characters, this one employs a little mo
Hua
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
End deduction was a bit disappointing but beginning to middle was very good, engrossing, and exciting.
Hana Bilqisthi
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: detective, mystery
oke.. gue udah nebak ini adalah kejahatan orang kerdil karena ngga mungkin kurcaci ada
tapi gue ngga nyangka buku ini bisa tetep bikin deg-degan dan berpikir keras
kayaknya kepintaran gue masih setara sama pete dan bob, bukan jupiter
somehow pesan yang gue dapet adalah kadang masalahnya lebih rumit dari yang terlihat atau justru lebih simple dari kelihatannya..
dan it is okay mengambil kesimpulan yang salah, mungkin karena buktinya kurang atau deduksi kita yang salah
yang jelas ketika tahu kita salah
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: default
This kind of felt like a more grown-up McGurk mystery to me. Plenty of fun to read.
Widya Ningrum
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one is my favorites so far. Trio Detectives solve not only one problem but two! How wide this cases for three teenagers is really surprise me. I fell in love with this story. The plot twist also ugghh I'm speechless. Jupiter's deduction skill really amazed me and if he was a real person, I'm happily will ask him how to make a good conclusion and take a peek what's on his reading list.
Lance
Aug 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is a wonderful one for kids. The Hitchcock character only does what amounts to cameos, and sometimes, if I remember correctly, doesn't even show up at all. The ones about the Mexican bandit and the Spider stand out in my mind and I remember them quite well. Overall, they were all fun to read.
Rafika ws
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kelas-9
Dari trio detektif series yang pernah kubaca, untuk saat ini, petualangan inilah yang menjadi favoritku, terdapat 2 masalah yang pada awalnya sama sekali tidak terlihat berhubungan, ternyata sangat berhubungan. Pengalaman yang mendebarkan dan buku ini sangat keren
Pujiyanto stiffy
Dec 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Jadi ini sebenernya akan terasa lebih menarik seandainya saja tidak terjebak Spoiler di salah satu review yang ada di Goodreads ini. spoilernya berada di kalimat pertama, woooi....
Lah, kok jadi ngomel soal spoiler... Lol..

Soňa
Jan 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmm, uvažujem či sa mi táto kniha najmenej páčila preto, že som ju asi predtým čítala len raz alebo preto, že je tam "veľa" násilia.... a fakt sa neviem rozhodnúť.
Asawari
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read.
Robert Stewart
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My absolute favourite of the 3I books.
Indah Threez Lestari
815 - 2014
Primadonna
Jul 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Reread.
Maya
Sep 15, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again..great deductive skills from Jupiter..
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
  • The Mystery of the Headless Horse (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #26)
  • The Mystery of the Flaming Footprints (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #15)
  • The Mystery of the Kidnapped Whale (The Three Investigators, #35)
Robert Jay Arthur, Jr. was a mystery writer known for The Mysterious Traveler radio series and his Three Investigators series of novels. He is frequently confused with the film producer Robert Arthur, who was nine days older than mystery writer Robert Arthur, Jr.

Robert Arthur, Jr. wrote a number of mystery books, mostly for children, and he also worked on the anthology television series Alfred Hit
More about Robert Arthur...

Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • The Secret of Terror Castle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Green Ghost (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #4)
  • The Secret of Skeleton Island (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Fiery Eye (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Silver Spider (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Screaming Clock (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #9)
  • The Mystery of the Moaning Cave (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #10)
  • The Mystery of the Talking Skull (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #11)