Start by marking “Angelfire (Australian, #2)” as Want to Read:
Angelfire (Australian, #2)

Angelfire (Australian #2)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  413 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Fleeing an arranged marriage only leads to one of the shotgun variety, but Bliss Stafford discovers a sensual fulfillment previously unknown when in the arms of New Zealand rancher Jamie McKenna.
Published June 1st 1991 by Pocket Books (first published 1989)

Wendy
Apr 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: historical romance lovers
This is the second book in LLM's Australia series. Moonfire being the first.

Jamie McKenna is a man beaten nearly to death by his indenturer, and saved by a woman that becomes a very dear friend. After he leaves Australia for New Zealand, he becomes a rich man with his own property and animals.

Bliss Stafford is a girl on the run from an abusive father and an unwanted fiance'. Spending the night in a barn, she is awakened in the morning by a man who almost spears her with a pitch fork. Intending
Barbara ★
Jamie McKenna aggravated the hell out of me. What would it have taken to tell Bliss the truth...about 5 darn minutes! Instead he let her think the worst of him and distress herself to the point of fleeing. Bliss Stanton shows up unexpected and unannounced at Jamie's farm. She doesn't know him and he doesn't know her. She's very fiesty - mainly because she needed the attitude to survive her father's cruel treatment of her. After the life she led, how is she supposed to trust Jamie without questio ...more
Viathenavy
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2013
Ugh. The heroine was so annoying. Jump to conclusions much?
Leni Sauls
Jun 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
I did not enjoy this book at all. I wanted to slap Jamie all through it. He did not treat Bliss with any respect. He laughed while he hurt her, over, and, over again. He let her think he has a mistress, and, refused to pick his wife over Peony. He treated Peony with more respect than he ever did Bliss. I hated this whole book. Bliss had no backbone at all, as long as Jamie had sex with her she was fine with his treatment. There were no redeeming qualities to this book in my opinion. I could not ...more
Christel
Apr 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Linda Lael Miller fans
This is the 2nd bookin the Austrailian series by Ms. Miller. I actually like thisone better than the first one. Bliss is being forced to marry against her will by her father. So she leaves, runs away from home to find herself in Jamie McKenna's barn. But things go bad, Her father finds her and forces her to marry Jaime. Sparks start to fly, with everything in Jaime's past starting to come back and haunt him. Loved the story and the characters.
JoAnne
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice continuation of Moonfire. Good character development although Bliss was not always my favorite character. She'd switch between being a bratty child to being a woman at the drop of a hat. Nice closure but hope the series continues with a book 3. Good descriptions of New Zealand and Australia that I felt I was there.
Jul 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
I'm not usually one to read cheesy romance novels, but I picked this up one day at the grocery store while leaving town on a road trip, desperate for something to read.

To my surprise, I really enjoyed it. A very sweet, romantic little book and I can honestly say I was sad to see it end. A nice, fluffy historical fiction/romance.
Britney
May 31, 2009 rated it liked it
These books are not appropriate. My mother in law reads them so sometimes when we are staying at her house I get bored and read them. The stories are entertaining but much of the book has to be skipped:)
Celine
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, free, scribd
I had a hard time buying the romance in this one. It just never felt developed to me. I enjoyed the setting and plot quite a bit.
Brittney
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Mmmmmm.... Jamie McKennie. Bliss is a lucky woman! :)
Cecelia
Just another reason to love LLM :)
PWRL
Feb 06, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Sassy
Nov 29, 2014 added it
This was really good. Actually more fun and better than average read of LLM. Liked the banter of the main characters. I didn't like that a certain character died.
karen
Feb 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Bliss was too stubborn and too much lack of communication between Jaimie and Bliss. Both Australian books left you hanging
Tara
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great fun read. Jamie is sexy as all get out and Bliss is a firery lass!
BookishBelle
  • In Our Dreams
  • My Lady Beloved
  • Love Me with Fury
  • Summer Sensations: Overload, The Leopard's Woman, Lonesome Rider
  • Texas Princess (Whispering Mountain, #2)
  • Heaven Sent (Small Town Swains)
  • The Duke's Captive (Winter Garden #4)
  • Frontier Woman (Sisters of the Lone Star, #1)
  • Mail-Order Marriages: Rocky Mountain Wedding\Married in Missouri\Her Alaskan Groom (Alaska, #3)
  • A Marriage of Inconvenience (The Arringtons and Wright-Gordons, #1)
  • Kentucky Bride
  • Once an Angel
  • Prairie Heat
  • Night in Eden
  • Trilby
  • A Time for Love
  • To Find You Again
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...

Australian (2 books)
  • Moonfire (Australian, #1)