Start by marking “Wild Hunger (Heirs of Chicagoland, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wild Hunger (Heirs of Chicagoland, #1)

Wild Hunger

(Heirs of Chicagoland #1)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  2,010 Ratings  ·  341 Reviews

When a grizzly murder threatens to change the paranormal balance of power-and bring an end to years of peace between humans and supernaturals-a new generation must fight for Chicago.

As the only vampire child ever born, some believed Elisa Sullivan had all the luck. But the magic that helped bring her into the world left her with a dark secret. Shifter Connor Keene, the

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 320 pages
Published August 16th 2018 by Gollancz (first published August 14th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Hunger, please sign up.
Emily In the case of this book, not really with the problems that are being caused in Chicago, but Elisa's own personal issues (as are sort of explained in…moreIn the case of this book, not really with the problems that are being caused in Chicago, but Elisa's own personal issues (as are sort of explained in the summary and ending of the Chicagoland Vampire Series) remain to be explored in later books.(less)

Jessica ☕
If you ever intend on reading the author's Chicagoland Vampire series, you'd better do it first, because even the blurb on the back of this book is going to totally spoil an entire series for you. That being said --

Wild Hunger is an exciting ride that captures the energy and enthusiasm of the early Chicagoland Vampire books, despite a rushed beginning.

At the end of the Chicagoland Vampire series, readers are left with quite a bombshell: Merit, a vampire, is pregnant, and vampires don't get preg
If you liked Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampires series, then you will love this spin-off! Never heard of Chloe Neill or Chicagoland Vampires? That's okay...you'll like it too.

Wild Hunger is the first installment in the Heirs of Chicagoland series, and the series title tells you exactly what you need to know. It's Chloe Neill's fun and familiar action-packed storytelling, still set in well-loved Chicago, but it's filled with the next generation. The main characters are Elisa Sullivan and Connor
Jessica
Apr 27, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Since this isn't out yet. I will just say this....I want it now and i mean now! Who agrees with me?
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The next generation is here! This spin off of the Chicagolands Vampires features the one and only Elisa. As the only born vampire, she is unique and treated differently. It is possible to read this book as a standalone. Reading the original series would help. Full disclosure, I have not read all the other books in the other series. I left it in a huff when Mallory went all crazy "dark Willow". I didn't like it and thought it came out of the blue. I digress. In this new series, it is literally fe ...more
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was good. I decided to read this book largely because I have been enjoying Chloe Neill's Devil's Isle series and I noticed that this book was the start of a new series. I didn't initially realize that this series is a spin off of the Chicagoland Vampires series so I was a little nervous after I made that discovery since I have only read the first book from that series. I am happy to report that this book works perfectly fine as
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*It just doesn't do it for me*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I struggled before I even started the book. I knew going in that Chloe Neill 's book just doesn't do it for me anymore. It's sad, really sad, because she used to be one of my favorite authors, but I've changed too much. Chloe Neill 's writing it more based on action, and for me it has too much action and too little romance to be honest (shocking, I know; too much romance and I'll kill myself, but yeah, there's too little of it in these books). It's
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews

I love the beginning of a new series. The possibilities and introductions. Finding out who is who and what side they belong to, good or evil. I was also looking forward to reading my first vampire/werwolf fantasy this year.

The author, Chloe Neill, is a seasoned writer. With an eye to detail she built an imaginative world that easily confirms why readers love her books so much. Wild Hunger, the first book in a spin off series, based on her acclaimed  Chicagoland Vampires, featured Elisa,
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 4-4,5 Stars <3

What a fantastic story, I was intrigued from the first pages! The story line is great, the characters lovable and the writing flawless!

Elisa is a complex and strong heroine!Connor is an interesting character, he is dominant,sexy and cocky!I enjoyed him a lot!I love their banter, they have a complicated relationship.

I loved this world and I find it brilliant!I'm looking forward for the next book!

☕ Kimberly
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story begins when we meet Elisa Sullivan, in Paris. She has finished her schooling and is serving a year in service to the House that sponsored her. Elisa is the daughter of Merit and Ethan and the first-born vampire. While it helped that I had read the first two books of Chicagoland Vampires and knew about the Cadogan House, Neill did an excellent job of sharing history, particularly those of Conner, the heir-apparent to the Chicago Park and Lulu, Elisa's best friend.

Chicago is the epicente
Anna Carolinne
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: coming-in-2018
O.M.F.G!!!!!! ♥♥♥
I just have finished Blade Bound and now I'm going crazy for this book to come out!
I already love Elisa and Connor together! They are been my otp since Gabriel told MeThan about a possible green eyed child on their future! Gabriel and Ethan as in laws! Can't wait to read it!
Ps: Pleaseee don't make a love triangle. #Elinnor ♡♡♡

description
Beth
Nothing could have prepared me for the excitement I felt reading about the Chicagoland second generation. Total. Book. Hangover!

Elisa is the only child born of two vampires and everyone is curious to know what secrets her impressive heritage might hold. But there is only one person, Connor, that knows her secret…not even her parents have a clue. Connor is the heir and son to the King of the USA werewolf packs.

After a time away, Elisa returns to Chicago as security for a European vampire. An assa
Dianne
When you are one of a kind, the world wants a piece of you, as a friend or a foe, but as the only vampire ever born, Elisa just wants to be herself and keep her secrets just that, secret. Only one person knows what she hides, and Connor, shifter prince and future King of his pack isn’t about to force her hand, even when a diplomat’s mysterious assassination could destroy the supernatural world of Chicago.

Chloe Neill hasn’t just brought back the intrigue of her Chicagoland Vampires with a spinoff
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

With the beginning of a new spinoff series, Chloe Neill delights readers with the first book in the Heirs of Chicagoland series. WILD HUNGER features a new heroine, the daughter of Merit and Ethan, Elisa Sullivan. I found that I really enjoyed Elisa’s character. She was fierce but still relatable and the balance throughout the story was very well done. Because Neill has done such a good job with building this world with the original series, this series really doesn’t need to waste very much ti
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
*Thanks to NetGalley for this title that I read voluntarily in exchange for an honest review*

Merit and Ethan's story is over but that's totally fine because we get Elisa and Connor! I have to say that I may just like Connor more than Ethan... yeah I was surprised by this but I can't help but love me a sexy shifter. Eliza is trying to find who she is through most of this novel, having always been the daughter of two very famous vampires and the only born vampire to boot, it's not been easy on her
Wild Hunger is the first book in Chloe Neill's new Heirs of Chicagoland series, a spin off from her popular Chicagoland Vampires books but set 20 years in the future and staring the next generation. While I do think you could start here if you've not read the previous books you will pick up spoilers for the original series and since I love the books so much I'd definitely recommend starting at the beginning and working up to the spin off.

This story is narrated by Elisa Sullivan, daughter of Meri
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

The Heirs of Chicagoland series is here!   I am not sure I had any specific expectation. It was comfortable to be back in world of Chicagoland Vampires .  The setting is 20-odd years later. Elisa is the voice and our view to the world now.  I think you could read this without reading the other series. I'm OCD so I wouldn't
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5-4

*Thoughts*

Wild Hunger is the first installment in author Chloe Neill's Heirs of Chicagoland spin-off series. For those who haven't yet read the book, let me summarize as best as I can without any spoilers. First, this story picks up 23 years after the finale of Blade Bound. Alas, there is also a novella called Slaying It that you can also read before picking up this new series, but I don't think it's actually necessary. I've read where reviewe
Sara Kate
I loved getting to know the kids of such beloved characters. Elisa is a happy mix of Ethan and Merit. I love where I hope Chloe Neil is going with this story. Lulu, the daughter of Catcher and Mallory is quirky and struggles to ignore the magic since she chooses not to practice magic. Conner is of course a sexy shifter who is arrogant but also caring and it was a slow burn through the whole book with the chemistry between Elisa and Conner.
I love this Chicagoland world so I was so excited that t
Rebecca
I am such a huge fan of Chicagoland and have been salivating for this spinoff. Overall, I was a little let down. It felt like so much of the backstory between Elisa and Conner was missing, therefore I had little connection to their supposed chemistry. I'm not giving up yet and hope the next installment is better.

* I would not recommend starting this series unless you've read Chicagoland.
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

4 Stars

Wild Hunger is the first installment in the Heirs of Chicagoland series. However, I must inform Chloe Neill’s new readers that it is a spin-off of the Chicagoland Vampire series, which is narrated by the heroine of Wild Hunger’s mother.

Do I believe the spin-off could be read without confusion by new readers? Absolutely. But I may not be the best judge since I know the original series like the back of my hand. I do belie
Lauren (The Novel Lush)
4.5 stars if I wanna be technical, lol.

I was expecting to just 'like' this book, especially since I hadn't started the Chicagoland Vampires yet, but I loved it! Reading the other series first could have helped, but there's enough that you can jump right into this one without being lost.

There were very few, very tiny typos, like leaving out a "to" or "it" and there were only 2 or 3 of them, but the book doesn't release until August, so no biggie.

On the other hand, THE BOOK DOESN'T COME OUT UNTIL
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
I honestly wasn't sure how this spinoff series of the Chicagoland Vampires would turn out, but I have to say that I was not disappointed! I had so much fun returning to the world Chloe Neill created and fell in love with Elisa Sullivan. She makes a fantastic heroine and I already can't wait for more of her and Connor.

Full review to come!

Thanks to the publisher for generously providing me an ARC to review.
Bambi Unbridled
description

Wild Hunger is the first book in the Heirs of Chicagoland series, is a spinoff of Chicagoland Vampires. I admit that I have been eagerly anticipating this book as I was totally sad that the original Chicagoland was ending. It's so hard to believe that the entire series had taken place in approximately a year... and now here we are about 20 years in the future.

Elisa Sullivan, the daughter of Cadogan House vampires Ethan and Merit Sullivan, is all grown up. I actually had to go back and re-read th
Blodeuedd Finland
I have only read one Chicagoland book, but I did feel like it did not matter. This is after all 20 years? 23? years after those finished. Sure they talk about things from the past, but it is the present that matters.

Elisa is the daughter of two vampires. But vampires can not have children...Magical stuff happened and she was born, with something lurking in her soul. Ok so the thing inside of her was a secret and I found that silly. Her parents saved the city in 13 books, but she can not tell the
Kristin
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
In Wild Hunger we follow Elisa Sullivan who is the daughter of the two main characters in the Chicagoland Vampires series. She was born as a vampire, making her the only one of her kind. She's been away in Paris the last four years but has returned home in order to assist in peace talks among the vampire houses. However, chaos ensues an pretty soon Elisa finds herself tracking down the killer and unearthing more betrayal than anyone could have imagined.

Since this is a spin-off, I do suggest that
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
3.5 stars. Not bad, and Neill has improved as an author over the years. The storyline is the same old same old. Chicago is in magical danger, and Merit...oops, I mean daughter Elise must solve the mystery and save the day for Cadogon House and all the supes in the city. Since most of the characters are immortal or near immortal; it’s basically the same cast of characters along with the next generation of clones.

If you liked CLV, you’ll like this. If you liked Merit, you’ll like Elise...mainly b
Cocktails and Books
I was excited about this spin-off series, but also a little nervous wondering if Elisa and Connor could live up to what I loved about Ethan and Merit's series. I have to say, the author did a fantastic job of giving you just enough to understand the dynamics from the Chicagoland Vampire series but make this one stand on it's own. But more importantly, we got a grown-up Elise Sullivan (who is the perfect combination of her parents), Lulu Bell and Conner Keene who completely owned this book.

I love
Art (Posting elsewhere as Whistler Reads)
so far a 1 and a 5 ... quit it ...not out 'til next year ...
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews

*I received a free copy from the publisher and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

4 ★
I have read and loved The Chicagoland Vampires Series, (mostly) so when I saw this will be released I was really psyched to get my hands on it.
I should say that it also can be easily read if you have not read the first series, everything that is important will be mentioned and explained. So if you have not read it and don’t plan on it you still can read this book and not be lost.
After re

The End! (Spoiler Alert) 1 2 Nov 05, 2018 11:40PM
Casting call 1 35 Apr 27, 2017 12:19AM
Chloe Neill is the New York Times bestselling author of the Chicagoland Vampires Novels, the Devil's Isle Novels, and a YA series, the Dark Elite. Chloe was born and raised in the South, but now makes her home in the Midwest. When she's not writing, she bakes, works, and scours the Internet for good recipes and great graphic design. Chloe also maintains her sanity by spending time with her boys--h ...more

Heirs of Chicagoland (2 books)
  • Wicked Hour (Heirs of Chicagoland, #2)
“There are some decisions that we make, and some that are made for us. Sometimes you accept the path that's offered to you, and you live the path – that life – with grace. And sometimes you push forward, and you chart your own path. That decision is yours.” 2 likes
“My smart and kind and beautiful girl.” He liked to say that, had been saying it for years, and had always put “beautiful” last. Whether it was true or not, he'd tell me it was the least important of the three. “You are smart,” he'd say. “You should be kind. And if you are, you'll always be beautiful.” 1 likes