Start by marking “Twisted Desire (Knot Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Twisted Desire (Knot Duet, #1)

Twisted Desire

(Knot Duet #1)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  68 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
He's a one-woman man, and she's the one woman he can't resist. Begin this intense story, spanning years of lust, friendship, love, and heartache.

I wasn’t looking for Nora Koehl, and she sure as hell wasn’t looking for me. We were two people speeding in opposite directions. Our relationship was born out of lust, curiosity, and compromises neither of us intended to keep.
Be
Published March 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted Desire

Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cannot even begin to describe this duet. It’s unlike any kind of passionate love story I’ve ever read. This book was previously released by the title of Knot and MMabie decided to split it into a duet. Which I absolutely love. I forgot how addictive this story is.

The story starts out with Reagan attending his sisters wedding and he gets a text from Nora letting him know she’s in the lobby and needs his room number. You find out very quickly that these two have a sordid past. They both have hur
Timitra
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the premise of it but it didn't really grab or hold my attention. I didn't feel anything for the main characters. It was a very meh read to me.

ARC provided by author in exchange for a honest review
MJ
Shelves: 2018-books, arc
Having already read Knot a couple of years back, I was happy to revisit Nora and Reggie as their story was now being re-released with new titles and as a duet. And I am here to say that it was an extreme pleasure getting to be with them again.

Holy smokes, Mo Mabie brings her A-game with this story full of lust and desire. Nora and Reggie are like magnets who can't help but repel each other as their norths stay aligned. And yet just by the flick of the wrist, those same magnets could line up and
April Symes
I read this book years ago when it was first released as Knot. This book is now being re-released now as a duet. This is a duet that you do not want to miss. Reagan is a super control freak, definitely an alpha male type. He has a lot of anxiety and panic attacks which seem to rule his life. He meets Nora and feels this immediate connection and chemistry with her. I mean, it literally is super intense between them. There is a belief with Nora that she is poly and she must be in a poly relationsh ...more
Tanya
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book years ago when it was first released as Knot.

Although I had read and rated it, i had not left a review. After doing a reread of the 1st half of this book now released as a duet, I remember why I enjoyed it so much.

Reagan (aka Reggie) is a control freak, not just in a alpha type, but in his every day life. Anxiety and panic attacks due to not have control are his downfall. Nora, believed she is a certain way because that is how she has protected herself. Between her beliefs of b
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
Twisted Desire is book one in the Knot Duet. I hadn’t read this when it was previously published as Knot so I was excited to read it now.

This is Reagan and Nora’s story. Reagan suffers from anxiety and also has a need to control all aspects of his life. He wants a relationship with Nora however Nora doesn’t want a relationship with only one person. I wanted to shake these characters or bang their heads together to sort themselves out. Although I wasn’t keen on the characters at the start they c
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
Reagan Warren and Nora Koehl are hands down two of my favorite literary characters ever. I would even go so far as to say they are two of my favorite people ever because those two are as real to me as anything. To say I love them is not doing my affection for them both justice. My love for those two is fierce. My love for them is unending. My love for them is permanent.

I have loved Reggie and Nora since I met them in Bait all those years ago, and I needed their story in my life like I needed my
Rachel
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reggie and Nora's story is more than intense. The way Twisted Desire flips between past and present gives me heartburn in the best way waiting for the story to meet in the middle!
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Their love is impossible to envision logically. She is polyamorous and he is a one-woman-man. Their individual needs are totally opposite and yet, the chemistry between them is off the charts. She cannot envision life without him. He cannot continue to fight for her to give him a monogamous love commitment.

What makes us fight for what we cannot have? When Reagan first met Nora, he was smitten. The attraction was so powerful he could not just walk away. Nora, on the other hand, was very clear fro
Konny
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Twisted Desire by M. Mabie is the first book in the Knot Duet.
Meet Nora Koehl, shes a strong independent woman who doesnt do relationships. And then theres Reagan Warren. Hes hung up on her to the point where it hurts, his feeliongs and mine too.
Twisted Desire starts out on a wedding and RTeagan knows he shouldnt give in to Nora and her propositions, but shes like catnip for him. While hes exhausted by her antics he cant witstand her pull. Reagan has some serious issues and he would be much bett
Amanda Casey
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is intense, in a good way, and you won't be disappointed! Reagan and Nora are two dysfunction people just trying to make it work. Reagan wants monogamy and Nora is into polygamy (not being married but having multiple partners). It's no secret where she learned this from, since her mother goes through husbands like underwear. Their story is painful and heartbreaking because you can tell they want each other so much, but neither is willing to compromise really. You can feel their connec ...more
Nicole Reads
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Twisted desire is a story full of passion.

Nora and Reggie are quite the characters. They can’t help but hurt each other every chance they get. Truth is that there is a fine line between love and hate, and they are going back and forth from this line, trying to deny the chemistry between them.

Nora and Reagan can’t resist each other but they do fight real hard to keep their feelings at bay. Their story is angsty and emotional. Their interactions are filled with lust and intense moments. Sparks f
Heather
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this duet when it was one book, Knot. So my review is for the duet as a whole.

I was anxious to read Reggie's story because I love M. Mabie's writing and I loved the Wake series. When I started the book I was thinking "these characters are crazy." I suddenly wasn't so sure I was going to enjoy this book as much as I had anticipated. But I kept on reading and as the story unfolded I got it. It starts present day and that's why I was thinking they were nuts. But as you go back to the past t
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
The attraction and heat between Reggie and Nora is one that can’t be fully described in a few short sentences! It’s a heat, an attraction that has to be felt through the pages of this amazing book! From the beginning the push and pull of these two was one that threw each of them off their paths! Neither one expected the other and the more they fought the more they needed the other!

Nora was unconventional and Reggie was well he was a man with needs and as time went on those needs grew to be life
Zilpha Owens
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mo Mabie is a new to me author. She’s taken her Knot novel and broken it down to a duet. Twisted Desires is Book 1 and let me tell you the prologue tears you apart. Reggie Warren is ambitious and driven. Nora Koehl is independent and lives commitment free. Honestly, they are hard to like at first. Both seem detached and void of feelings, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. If anything, they are passionate people terrified of letting go. The pull between them is strong. The chemistry is ...more
Konny
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twisted Desire by M. Mabie is a re-launch of a previously released novel titled KNOT released in 2016.
Twisted Desire is book one in The Knot Duet.
Meet Nora Koehl, she doesnt do relationships, shes a wild child and enjoys her life to the fullest.
And then is there Readgen. He suffers from anxiety and wants nothing more than the white picket fence with Nora. He cant understand why shes so determined to live her life in her own way. Hes all twisted up.
I started reading and had more than one WHAT ???
Lawonda
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book a couple of years ago and loved Nora and Reggie’s story and I feel the same way reading it as a duet. I have enjoyed getting to know these characters all over again. The feels in Twisted Desire…Oh so many! M definitely had me on the edge of my seat from page the first page until the last page. Absolutely loved it!
Reggie is at his sisters wedding where he invited Nora to be his date but Nora refuses. She sends him a text that she is in the lobby and wants to meet in his room. The
Erin
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh the angst!!! I forgot how much I loved these characters! Reggie and Nora have a brutal and twisted love that will draw you in from the beginning. This is a reread for me but I feel as if Im experiencing their journey all over again. I now have a new perspective, just because of a simple name change. Twisted and Desire are the perfect adjectives to describe this pair. When I jumped in, I became reacquainted immediately. Even though I knew where they were headed, I still held out hope for a sun ...more
Sammie Lynn
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was really easy to jump into. The story revolves around two characters and is written in multiple POVs. Reggie, or Reagan, is an alpha male who loves taking his partners to the edge, making them beg for more, and is downright hot. Nora wants nothing to do with commitment and is a strong, independent, sexy heroine. But what happens when these two meet is nothing short of crazy, infuriating, hot, and insane.
The back and forth in time really gives you all the insight into what happened an
Bethany
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nora is commitment-phobic, but once she dipped her toe in...there was no going back.
"He entered me hard and fast, a lot like he'd came into my heart. Little warning. Little permission. Little resistance from me."
Did I mention that Reagan suffers from anxiety? Buckle up and hang on for the angst. Countdown if you have to ;)

The title is perfect because I am all twisted up inside. What a ride. I practically snapped mu kindle in half from the pressure I was putting on it as I flipped the pages.

Caroline
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Twisted Desire and Tethered Love were previously published as Knot in 2016 and was reviewed for this blog by my wonderful friend Colleen. So, I was excited to read it now as a duet since I hadn’t had the chance to read it originally. This book is not for the faint of heart! Reagan and Nora have lots of ups and downs in their relationship Their story is angsty, full of lust, desire and takes you on one emotional roller-coaster.

M. Mabie has left one heck of an impression on me with her writing. I
Angela
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Twisted Desire, book 1 in Knot Duet
I enjoyed the story and alpha male Reagan. The story between Reagan and Nora is great. I loved the story and it does pull you in. The only down fall for me is the going back and forth between chapters or past and present. I’m not a fan of books like that so that’s the o my thing I didn’t enjoy.
It’s a first time reading M. Mabie and was enjoyable and not the last.
Bridgett
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story!!

I had a hard time getting into this one at first and I think Nora was my hangup. It took me awhile to warm up to her because she's very headstrong and stubborn and can come across as bitchy. Now Reggie...I loved him right from the start!

Once this story hit me, it hit me hard! Their story is honest, real and very emotional because of that. Mabie really got my heart involved with this one!!
Bethani Carter
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is Reggie and Nora’s story! Reggie and Nora both have their own baggage that impedes a relationship. Reggie battles with anxiety, while Nora is a commitmentphobe who does not believe in monogamy. Will they be able to work through their differences and get their happily ever after? Twisted Desire is part one of the knot duet and does have a cliffhanger. This book was amazing and I can’t wait for book 2!
Tammy
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book, the chemistry these two characters have is off the charts. He wants just her, and she can't commit to one person. Reagan and Nora have two very different outlooks on relationships, but both have the need to control every situation. The push and pull these two are doing to each other will have u page turning and not be able to put the book down. Can't wait for the next book at all.
Victoria
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story is intense, angsty and heartbreaking. It will capture your heart from the beginning as it takes you through an emotional ride. It has great characters you will love. I loved the connection and hot steamy chemistry between the characters. Looking forward to reading more of their journey. I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book.
The Smutbrarians
Panty Scorching 5
Overall Rating 5
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Lindsey

I love M Mabie. Plain and simple. Her words are gold to me and I can't ever get enough. This book ripped my heart out and then some. I love the characters. Their chemistry is insane and I can't even with the naughty parts. WOOOWEEE! I can not wait until the next book!!!!
Brittani Brown
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
What do you get when you tie two like-minded, strong-willed people together? Knots. Your head will be in knots, your heart will be in knots....heck, you might even be in knots after from rolling around in your emotions! I love that M writes the end of one chapter leading into the next with similar phrases....love it! What a read!
Angie
Oct 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

I only realized almost to the end of the book that this was in a way linked to another series which I utterly loved from this author. This fell short for me in the angst department. Which is the reason for my rating of 3.5 stars but other than that it was well written. I enjoyed the story line and characters. Just needed a bit more angst.
« previous 1 3 next »
M. Mabie lives in Illinois with her husband. She writes unconventional love stories and tries to embody "real-life romance."

She cares about politics, but will not discuss them in public. She uses the same fork at every meal, watches Wayne's World while cleaning, and lets her dog sleep on her head. She has always been a writer. In fact, she was born with a pen in her hand, which almost never happen

Knot Duet (2 books)
  • Tethered Love (Knot Duet, #2)