Start by marking “A Father's Insistence (Dark Sovereignty #3)” as Want to Read:
A Father's Insistence

Anna Edwards

A Father's Insistence

(Dark Sovereignty #3)

"I offer five hundred thousand pounds."
"Sold."

One of five women who endured horrific trials to win the hand of Nicholas Cavendish, Lady Joanna Nethercott suffered greatly throughout the ordeal, ultimately losing to Victoria Hamilton. She swiftly finds herself sold by her own father, who’s determined she’ll be of use to him yet. For a year, she’s “trained” in preparation fo
Expected publication: May 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Father's Insistence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Father's Insistence

Julia Stevens
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic conclusion to this gripping dark series, I devoured it pretty much in one sitting, I needed to know what was going to happen!

Theo is the dutiful but caring son, who has prepared his whole life to become Viscount Hamilton, blissfully unaware of the mask hiding his monster of a father's evil depravity. He firmly believes him to be the loving, honourable family man he has always portrayed.

Joanna has been to hell and is still living it. In the year following her being sold, she's been thro
Dawn Yarrow
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this series and i think this book was actaully my favourite of all three. It was nice to follow the story of these characters throughout the three book while still meeting new characters and learning of their fate. The books follow a modern day royalty but with a dark, devious history. If you like a dark read then these will be for you.
Susan Freestone
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! What a thrilling end to a truly fantastic dark series Anna!! I LOVE IT

Anna has bought her characters and story to life and made me excited to keep reading, I was taken in and totally captured right from the first book, it's got better by the book the darkness and twisted parts made this a brillant read for me I am a great dark story fan, so this is a perfect and fitting end to her first dark story.
I also loved the Epilogue I thought that finished this series off beautifully.

I have gone t
Frances
This the last book in this series, and it's a perfect ending. A father's love is supposed to be unconditional, but the fathers of the two main characters in this story are deplorable. They need everything that's done to them in this story.

A Father's Insistence, is about how revenge can become a main purpose of a person's hatred, and how they would do and say anything to get what they want. This story has so many dark things happening, but with that eventually comes light. It's a good read about
Susan  (Sandra Loves Books)
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have absolutely enjoyed this series and this is a brillant conclusion to Anna Edwards Dark Sovereignty Series
It is dark so if you love dark I can recommend this.
I found it really well written and it kept me on the edge of my seat till the end.
If I could I would have given it more stars
I can't wait to read more from this Author.
Jackie
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the dark sovereignty series and you won't be disappointed. This book is full of action and surprise's as there is a lot going on and wow it don't take a genius to work out that it's not going to end well for some. Without giving nothing away, the truth is all revealed to Theo, but of cause he doesn't believe and just takes what he wants to believe from it. This whole series is amazing loved it from start to finish . Happy reading
Yvonne Eason
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has to be one of the best endings to a series I have ever read. The series just seemed to get darker as it went on.

When secrets and lies are finally uncovered will they bring the end of the tradition or will evil prevail and relish from all that has been uncovered.

Loved the story and the way the charcters are all written and Entwined into the story.

I am so sad to see this trilogy come to an end.
Teresa Lara
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series.Raw broken beautiful intense loving.Theo and Joanna grabbed my heart.
Dawn Higgins
OH Wow! love it when i have just read a series and the dramatic ending is just how i wanted this to end.

This last book in the Dark Sovereignty series features on Theo and Joanna and how these two came to cross paths but not just cross paths it was how they came to be married in a secret ceremony to help Theo's dad, as Theo thinks his father's motives are pure and he just wants to bring down the two brothers of Nicholas and William Cavendish and take control of the Oakfield society.Not knowing th
J.L. Leslie
I fell in love with this series when I read Legacy of Succession and it is by far one of my all-time favorite series! I absolutely love each and every book in this series and A Father's Insistence is no exception! Theo is Victoria and Tamara's brother from books one and two and he's been in the dark with how the society works and what both of his sisters have been through at the hands of their father. He is learning that his father is not who he claims to be and that not only has he put his sist ...more
SaraLou
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Father's Insistence, the third and final part of the Dark Sovereignty series by Anna Edwards is fantastic, the perfect ending for this dark romance series. I just wish it wasn't the end.

Theo Hamilton, the son of Viscount Hamilton has been living in the dark about the society, not knowing much about it except what his father tells him. Thinking that he is saving his family and his new wife, he believes everything.
Joanna Nethercutt, the only other woman to have made it out of the trials alive, s
Sheena
Riveting finale.

A Father’s Insistence is the last instalment of this dark series and what an intense and suspenseful end it is...I think this book made me feel every emotion: I felt angry, sad and frustrated at times, but also there are some funny and joyful moments, providing a counterbalance to the more sombre themes.

The author has created a fascinating world populated by an equally intriguing group of characters.
This is Theo and Joanna’s story but whilst they are central to the plot, the ot
Leah Dynes
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great ending to this dark series. Theo is blind to his fathers sinister activities, and refuses to believe his sister when she tries to tell him the truth. One day Joanna is brought into his life in terrible shape, and he swears he will protect her and bring justice to the person who did this to her. Their love story is heartbreakingly beautiful, and I’d recommend this book.
Gladys
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the intense, twisted and darkly delightful conclusion to this series. Theo and Joanna's story really moved me. From her suffering, to his ignorance of the situation, this lost pair were perfect for each other. There is of course, plenty of drama, suspense and emotional turmoil to grab and keep your attention. This has been an amazing series and this was a very satisfying and enjoyable way for it to end. This is my honest, voluntary review.
Katie Hoffman
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow another great book in this series. This is book three of the Dark Sovereignty series. Best book so far!!! Dark theme. Author did a fantastic job writing this story. Stayed up just about all night to finish this story. Definitely a must read. Absolutely loved this entire series.
michelle Shelly
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book! No way could I put it down, I’ve loved this series from the start but this one, it grabbed me and wouldn’t let go. Joanna and Theo...... what can I say? Joanna story is absolutely heartbreaking, my heart broke for her and I so wanted her to heal so she could move on.

I hope you take the time to read this whole series so you can fully understand what is going on and the pain these women have been through. It’s gritty, dark and will break your heart. This is a great read and
Ola Adamska
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2019
Great ending of The Series. Full of dark Times and rawness.
Plot and characters were captivating here. I was shocked at how deep everything was rooted but who knows what will happen next.
Theodore and Joanna's story has everything I'm looking for in dark reads where everything can be an illusion!
The whole process of getting The idea on his mind was well done by The author.
Ann Walker
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc of A Father's Insistence late last night and just couldn't wait to start it. I honestly couldn't put my kindle down until I reached 'the end' and the conclusion to this gripping story. This is the final installment in the trilogy and I do believe you should have read the other books before this one for continuity, plus you really don't want to miss a page of this exciting series.

This book continues the story line of the series, however the focus is predominantly on Theo and Joa
Chrissi
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another night with little sleep, but so worth it! This is the final book in the trilogy, this one featuring Theo and Joanna’ story as well as wrapping up all the loose ends from the previous books.
It bugged me Theo was so stubborn, extremely stubborn. At times you may want to take him to the back shed and beat some sense into him! Thankfully when he realises the error of his ways he quickly sets about to right the wrongs.
A great series for those who love their books dark and have NO triggers.
Julia Gerard
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Fathers insistence is book 3 of the Dark Sovereignty series, and the most stunning conclusion it is! This story is Theo's and Joanna's but includes Nicholas and Victoria and William and Tamara. Theo is drugged and forced to marry Joanna, thinking his Father's motives are pure But Theo thinks his Father can do no wrong. Joanna knows better, As do the other two couples, what will it take for Theo to see the evil that lurks all around him, who will die or be harmed? I must say there was an epic b ...more
Louise
I really enjoyed this pacy, dark-swirled romantic suspense

This is a series where each successive book has been even better than the last. I really do recommend reading A Father's Insistence if you enjoy a good romantic suspense that dips its toes (and feet) into the dark. However, whilst it is a complete story in it's own right, I do recommend that you read the other two books in the Dark Sovereignty series in order to fully understand the suspense element.

So I picked this up yesterday eveni
Jennifer - You Can't Resista Dirty Book
A Father’s Insistence is the intensely powerful conclusion to the Dark Sovereignty series by Anna Edwards. Its dark and unscrupulous characters will send chills down your spine.

We come full circle with the story of Theo (Victoria’s brother and Viscount Hamilton’s son) and Joanna (from Legacy of Succession). Theo lives his life in the dark. He takes everything his father says as gospel, so he is easily manipulated. He is reluctant to believe that his sister is happy and settled with her new life
Becky
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Theodore grew up in a sheltered life....protected from the dark and evilness of his father. He was at the ceremony when Nicholas chose Victoria to be his leaving Joanna at the mercy of the highest bidder. Joanna was bought, hid, abused, and neglected by Theodore's father. He would continue for a year until the time was right and misled Theodore into thinking it was the Cavendish brothers who mistreated Joanna. Theodore wed Joanna to protect her. By Joanna's omissions, she validated Theodore's fa ...more
Clare
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Father's Insistence is the final book in this series and i'm pretty sure it's my favorite of the three stories. This book is so heart stoppingly good! we get to uncover secrets, of murder and kidnapping, lies and deceit and a trust that is broken by those you'd least expect. This book is such an eclectic whirlwind of emotions with an explosive action packed storyline.
The story is so very dark and delicious that I just couldn't put it down. I devoured it in one go as it held me so captive righ
Lisa Roberts
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just WOW this was the perfect ending and everything I could of asked for these characters are truly amazing and written to perfection with such intense scenes that will have you biting your nails and cheering all at the same time. I loved seeing the characters from the previous books but Theo was such a great character with so much heart and determination and who to believe with so many truths and lies and trying to do the right thing and be proud. Joanna is one lucky woman and so so strong thes ...more
Hanan
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic conclusion to an outstanding series!
A Father’s Insistence is the dramatic ending to the dark society of depraved evil men.
The focus is on the dynamics of Theo and Joanna.
Theo is so loyal to his father he’s blinded by what everyone is telling him and the telling signs he sees but chooses to ignore.
Joanna is so scared and paranoid that she’s willing to do anything not to go back into the clutches of the Viscount.
I loved seeing how both Theo and Joanna came to trust and love one another.
Jenny
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read book! This book pulled me in from the beginning. It’s dark, with lies and secrets. When the secrets and lies come out things don’t turn out well for some. I love the characters. This is one of my favorite dark books. I haven’t read the second book, although I believe I read the first one when it first came out. I totally am going to go back and read from the first and go through the series. If you like dark books this is a MUST READ!
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Heather Dee
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warning there is definitely Triggers !
Oh my gosh wow ...... I'm in shock !
I absolutely loved this whole amazing series ...
Each book in this awesome series I have sat and read in one sitting only going to bed once I'm finished then laying awake just not being able to switch it off ....
Anna Edwards is one of my favourite authors as she keeps me on the edge of my seat just wanting more and this series is no exception ! But Anna if you read this I still think you maybe a little evil lol ....
just
Kelly
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 6-stars, loved-it
What a fabulous ending to a spectacular series!
This book was filled with tension, drama, and erotic scenes. I love how everything came together in the the lives of all these characters.
I loved this series and A Father's Insistence was a perfect finale!
Badh
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anna Edwards capped off an amazing series with a book that knocked me over and wiped me out. Seriously, out of a series of books that I really loved, I think this one was the best. It totally brought everything together and Joanna's story was just boom. I have to say, that I really liked Joanna more than I liked Theo.

Joanna was sold when Nicolas Cavendish didn't choose her. She was bought by a man who did all manner of horrible, terrible, and disgusting things to her. Now she's been set free by

Dark Sovereignty (3 books)
  • Legacy of Succession (Dark Sovereignty #1)
  • Tainted Reasoning (Dark Sovereignty #2)