Start by marking “His Wasted Heart (Damaged Hearts, #2)” as Want to Read:
His Wasted Heart (Damaged Hearts, #2)

His Wasted Heart

(Damaged Hearts #2)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  180 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Jensen is a mystery I can’t figure out. She’s a liar. A thief—though the only thing she stole is my heart. She tried her best to escape me and by pure luck, I found her. In the very last place I expected.

ebook, iBooks Exclusive, 200 pages
Published April 26th 2018 by Monica Murphy

To ask other readers questions about His Wasted Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Wasted Heart

Tania's Book Blog
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh holy s***!!!! Book 2 was wayyyyyyy better than Book 1!!!! I loved Rhett’s POV but damn how dramatic and angsty!!!! I don’t even know what to think or say; I’m literally counting down the days to the conclusion because it will be extremely interesting to see how everything unfolds and resolves.

I did love how Rhett and Jensen relationship developed and grew stronger but with this ending I’m hoping he’s still going to continue defending her and when another bombshell is exploded also I’ll like t
Heather C
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
First of all, His Wasted Heart is part of a series and cannot be read as a standalone. You will be confused and will miss out on the foundation of when and why Jensen and Rhett started.

In my Her Defiant Heart review, I said that I wanted to know more about Jensen. To find out the real Jensen and not just the calculated Jensen that she had become in order to get revenge. Well, Murphy delivered. We start to see the real person behind that facade. She's caring, scared and has a past that makes her
Ptiteaurel
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cette fois ci nous avons le point de vue de Rhett mais ce qui est bien c est que nous avançons dans le bon sens car on ne revient pas sur les événements précédents. Ce qui est parfois frustrant c est qu on ne connait pas les pensées de Jensen et la tension reste donc palpable

chronique complète http://thelovelyteacheraddictions.blo...
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
His Wasted Heart (Damaged Hearts #2) by Monica Murphy
3.5 stars!!!

“Maybe it’s because I don’t want to give up on you.”
“Everyone else does.”

Damn, Monica Murphy, what a tangled web we are weaving. For a second book this was fast-paced, action-packed and full of drama, of the best kind. We always thought that Jensen was the only one with secrets, yet it seems that Rhett’s family are just as bad and the more this progressed, the more secrets are exposed. Monica Murphy ends this book on a doozy, l
Libby Harrison

Beware of Spoilers!

Star Ratings:
Heroine (Jen): 21yrs old
Hero (Rhett): 21yrs old?
Plot: 2/5
Grovel: none
Cheating: none (between the h and H anyway)
HEA: Cliffhanger
Triggers: none

Average score: 2/5

Best Line: “If we keep seeing each other, I’ll end up hurting you in the end.”

Worst Line: “So my dad is worth a lot of money. So what? I’ve never let that define me”

Personal Review:
Points off for the stuff between Park and Diane and Rhett not doing anything about it

R
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 5 Stars ~

I can’t tell you how anxious I was to get my grubby little hands on His Wasted Heart once I finished Book 1, Her Defiant Heart, and it didn’t disappoint at all.

His Wasted Heart was just a great as Book 1. I devoured this book!!! I couldn’t get enough of these characters and their journey together.

As with Book 1, I can’t really talk about the storyline much at all. You need to read this book to find out the
Jen Zingaro
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am totally hooked on this story. I will say that I totally thought I had a handle on what was going on after Book 1, but I was wrong. This story totally kept me guessing. I love Jensen and Rhett together. I am enjoying the unpredictability that is Jensen. Hearing Rhett's POV was a surprise, I hadn't expected that.
Angsty, college drama are the types of stories that I could read all day long. Add in some REALLY dysfunctional family members and it's a recipe for a MUST READ for me. I am just over
Karen
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it
It took me forever to feel anything for either one and their being together seems 90% about sex with an attractive girl than feels of personal growth. Rhett knows she lies to him and for being a nice guy he truly tries to want her to have a different life but his life just starts to spiral as well.

I take a star off any review for being a cliffhanger. If I'm reviewing "a book" it's a complete book.
I'm feeling out of sorts about these characters and waiting another couple of weeks is nuts. if yo
Babbling Chatter  Reads
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
🖋 SNEAK PEEK REVIEW 🖋
This time spoken from Rhett's POV (I enjoy me a guy's perspective) this story continues to intrigue me. The chemistry between Jensen and Rhett are undeniable; Jensen has been opening up more, feelings are spoken aloud; however, secrets are still a brewing. When all is said and done and out in the open will their strong connection to one another keep them together? Then we are thrown that cliffy that will have you itching for the next book stat!
Diana Laura (The Bookish Sisters)
Full blog post here!

Unfortunately this book let me down a bit. If you read my review of the first book then you know I liked how the story began and was pretty excited to see where the story would go and I liked where the story took us on this second book but I had issues with the characters yet again.

When I read Her Defiant Heart I liked Rhett more than I liked Jen. In this book however, I wasn’t a fan of Rhett. I liked him better when I wasn’t reading from his point of view. Now that I’ve ha
Michelle Monroe
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
***This means nothing.
Those three words rattle through my brain on repeat. Jensen’s right. It means nothing. It should mean nothing.
So why does being with her feel like it has the potential to mean everything?

***Am I crazy? Probably. One minute I can’t trust her, the next I want her to be my official girlfriend. I’m making no sense. But this girl does something to me. The more she pushes me away, the more I want to reel her back in.

Oh, this is getting good! The more time Rhett spends with Jensen
Liz
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
His Wasted Heart by Monica Murphy is the second book in her Damaged Hearts series. Her Defiant Heart must be read prior to reading book 2 and continues Rhett and Jenson’s story in Rhett’s point of view. It was angsty and emotional.

Jenson begins to open up to Rhett and we begin to see more of Rhett’s dysfunctional family and his relationship to them. Jensen and Rhett grow closer, even as they struggle and face obstacles. Can they find a way forward together?

Rhett and Jenson have so much chemist
Moon Love
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yeah I'm speechless. This book is twisted, oh so dirty, but so freaking delicious! Just when I thought Jensen and Rhett's issues would be easily resolved, bomb after bomb was dropped. And I mean nuclear type bombs, the kind no one can come back from...The kind that destroys families and relationships beyond repair. And I feel terrible at how much I enjoyed finding out these secrets even if they made me cringe and how excited I am about book 3, Damaged Hearts. This series truly feels like a soap ...more
Faith89
Shelves: arc-review
This second installment does not disappoint. It picks up right where the first book leaves us hanging! Jensen and Rhett get past Jensen’s secret revelation only for Rhett to get a major secret of his own. As things progress they get more complicated. The story has you sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for the next shoe to drop. Book one and two grab and keep your attention. What will the future hold for our lovers?
Penny
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Book Maniac Forever
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it

4.5 "Little Liar" Stars
With the way the previous book ended, I was really eager to get my hands on this sequel. His Wasted Heart is once again a fast paced story filled with lies and secrets, but also emotion. One thing I love more than anything about this novel is that it’s written in Rhett’s point of view.

Finally, being able to enter Rhett’s mind was incredible. He clearly cares for Jensen, but knows she’s manipulative and closed off. I enjoyed seeing her opening more and more about hers
Full review to come!
Sandy S
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date April 26, 2018

No matter how hard we try, we can’t resist each other, and as we grow closer, she’s starting to reveal pieces of herself. Sharing her secrets, sharing her truths. Yet she’s still hiding something from me, and I can’t figure it out.

Soon I have my
Jo-The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
4.5 Stars.

OMG!! What an exciting second instalment to the "Damaged Hearts" series this was. My heart felt like it was beating out of my chest, especially during the final chapter. I have devoured Rhett's book in only a few short hours, only stopping to eat my dinner. "His Wasted Heart" was fast paced, sexy and it gave me a heart-stopping conclusion. I cannot wait to see what happens next for Rhett and Jensen.

"Am I your dirty secret, Rhett? Because you're definitely mine."

I have been waiting
Amy
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a second-book-in-a-trilogy done right.

For one thing, Monica Murphy leaves you in a twist of frustration. You finish this book NEEDING the conclusion. You are worried for Rhett and Jensen, and you are terrified that Murphy isn't anywhere close to being finished with making them endure more angst and heartache.

And for another, you learn more about the characters, particularly Rhett, who narrates this book. You get in his head and in his heart, and you find out more about those cryptic comm
Aurora (Whoo Gives A Hoot)
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Eep! My goodness I was so freaking excited to FINALLY get my hands on the next installment in the Damaged Hearts series, especially after devouring Her Defiant Heart so quickly last month. OH and don't even get me started on that cliffhanger at the end. I was left speechless for hours after finishing, but NOTHING could have possibly prepared me for the intensity I just experienced in His Wasted Heart. This book was everything I could have ever want
Booknerd_1107
His Wasted Heart

*received an ARC in exchange for an honest review**

4⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Damaged Hearts series continues with Rhett’s POV this time. I love that Monica Murphy changed the POVs for this book. You now are seeing Rhett’s perspective and how he feels about all that is happening. He shoes his struggles not only about Jensen but also about his family. Jensen and Rhett will continue to figure out their relationship and what started as revenge is quickly turning into something more real. And their re
Chelsea Ashley
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

Holy wow! Where do I even begin??!!

This story is pure craziness! The good kind of crazy.

Her Defiant Heart is literally unlike anything I have ever read.

Jennifer "Jensen" Fanelli comes from a broken home. Her father is an abusive drunk and her mother left her when she was very little. She and her father live in a broken down trailer and struggle from day to day.

Jen has had a hard time getting over her mother's abandonment and when she finds out that her mother is living a privileged lif
Claudia Pinillos
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gahhh!!! Why is every single person in Rhett’s family so ridiculously sleazy? Like they’re all the absolute worst! (Except his sister, she’s a sweetheart.)

Ok! Rant over, let’s start this review.

I absolutely loved getting the chance to be in Rhett’s head for this book. Though, I would have loved to be in Jensen’s head the first time she met Diane. I loved getting to see more of Rhett’s thought process as he deals with his family and comes to terms with Jensen’s job. Also, these two have a ridicu
Jan Cassi
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I was going crazy waiting for the next book in this series. Monica Murphy is amazing, this series is amazing.

In the first book the whole story was told from the POV of Jensen’s, now… tan tan tan!!!! This book is told by Rhett’s POV, we get to see what’s inside his head, his heart, and his life. This boy is amazing, I love him so much, the way he loves Jensen is amazing. These two are amazing!!! Jensen and Rhett have this chemistry that is… ugh, PERFECT! I wanted more, I want more, I AM MORE
Heather Merriman
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
OMG! I need the conclusion like right now! After being left with a major cliffhanger in book, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book! And omg! I couldn’t believe some the things that were revealed in this book, like what happens when Rhett takes Jenson to meet his family for his little sis’s birthday dinner. Wow, you’re in for a shocker! And then the huge cliffhanger right at the end! I totally can’t wait for Rhett’s reaction!! I’m totally ready for book 3!! I can’t wait to find out how th ...more
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
So deliciously twisting and a real punch to the gut!

Rhett and Jenson’s story continues and wowza these two are bringing the steam and angst!
I devoured every word and can’t wait to see where the story ends!

This is not just a seat squirming hotty, its delicious with angst and throws you for some curves to leave you gasping! Told from Rhett’s POV this time and he’s a character you can fall in love with. This family is seriously twisted. A relationship built on revenge turned into so much more....
Anita Byars
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! Loved Rhett’s POV! This is so explosive, as Jensen starts revealing some of her many secrets to Rhett. This is full of what I love in Romance Stories, it’s Angsty, Hot and Conflicted. Monica Murphy delivers on it all. And now I am biting at the bit, anxiously awaiting for the third and final book of this series, Damaged Hearts that is coming May 24, 2018. You do not want to miss this series!
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my ow
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
What A Story! From beginning to end! I couldn’t put down this steamy story!! Book 1 was Great, but I loved Rhett’s version!

Jensen should be grateful her mother left. Years of planning and waiting to see her mom. Getting revenge was the thing Jensen was after! As the song goes “you can’t always what get what you want, you get what you need! And Jensen didn’t need a mother like that!

This story was very well written! I loved every word!

~ Wendy
Jackie
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved that this book was written from Rhett’s point of view. The first book was from Jensen’s now we get to know what Rhett is thinking and feeling.
I couldn’t wait for this book. It didn’t disappoint, I loved it. Rhett she Jensen’s chemistry is there from the very beginning in the first book and it continues on in this book.
I loved this book. I highly recommend it. Can’t wait for the third book. These books aren’t standalone books and the first book must be read before this one.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
New York Times, USA Today bestselling author and #1 international bestselling author. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I also write contemporary romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

Sign up for my newsletter: http://bit.ly/2b1SzV6

Check out my Facebook page for more info & regular updates: http://www.facebook.com/MonicaMurphya...

Hang out with me on Instagram!

Damaged Hearts (3 books)
  • Her Defiant Heart (Damaged Hearts, #1)
  • Damaged Hearts (Damaged Hearts, #3)