Start by marking “Her Defiant Heart (Damaged Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Defiant Heart (Damaged Hearts, #1)

Her Defiant Heart

(Damaged Hearts #1)

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  270 Ratings  ·  77 Reviews
Life can feel like a cruel joke. I grew up poor and motherless, with a father who never got over his wife’s abandonment. But now he's gone too, and I'm dead set on finding the woman who so carelessly tossed me aside when I was a baby.

I want revenge. And I'm going to get back at my mother any way that I can.

I change my name. Start my new life in college, and just happen to
ebook, iBooks Exclusive, 200 pages
Published March 29th 2018 by EM Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Her Defiant Heart, please sign up.
Anna K Yes, it released March 2018, but unfortunately it's only available on ibooks :(

Jen
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it

I love when a book takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride. Monica murphy’s latest release captures what it’s like to feel cast aside and consumed by revenge.

Who better to help Jennifer Fanelli with her plan than someone close to her target—the super-hot-makes-your-panties-drop Rhett Montgomery. Her one tie to the mother that abandoned her.

What follows is a story that will have you flipping pages dying to find out how Jennifer’s plan will play out.

Her Defiant Heart is the first book of
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤4 STARS❤

This was a decent read for me, it started really well with an interesting story, a great romance starting with the heroine wanting to dislike the hero.The plot was great and I couldn't put it down but I can't say that I loved it so much or I hate it!

"What just happened felt so good, so right. But it isn't right.
It shouldn't feel right. What we just did, is wrong."

I liked Jensen and found myself feeling sorry for her.Rhett is sweet and lovely hero!It was a great read!It's full of angst
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

fd4210f24e6091617fb99307094be6

In Monica Murphy’s latest new release, Her Defiant Heart, she takes readers on a woman’s quest for revenge. In this calculated move of plotting revenge, a daughter quest to get back at the mother who abandoned her father and her takes an abrupt turn when Jensen falls for Rhett Montgomery, her mother’s step-son. Rhett was supposed to be a means to get closer to her mom but what she didn’t expect was Rhett to be sweet and a person whom she ca
Alicia
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This storyline is nothing like I’ve ever read before. Yes it’s about revenge, but the players in the game aren’t typical.

Jensen wants to find her mom and she feels Rhett Montgomery is the key to her revenge plot for her mother. As the first part of the story, there was so much that happened here. I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough, always wanting to see where the story went to next.

I cannot wait to get the next part of the story.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Her Defiant Heart (Damaged Hearts #1) by Monica Murphy
3.5 stars!!!

“I’ll deserve an Academy Award for my performance by the time I’m through.”

Her Defiant Heart is the first book in a trilogy and is a genre step for Monica Murphy as she tackles, one again, New Adult Contemporary Romance. I love this authors YA books and I couldn’t wait to dive into something a little hotter and Monica Murphy didn’t disappoint.

Jennifer Fanelli uproots her life with one thing in mind…revenge, but is revenge a d
Ptiteaurel
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
J'aime les romans de Monica Murphy et en lisant le résumé de Her defiant heart, j'avais envie de me laisser emporter par cette nouvelle saga et ce fut le cas car le personnage de Jen est très prenant et on a envie de savoir comment elle va parvenir à ses fins ou réussir sa vengeance.

j'ai passé un bon moment de lecture avec cette nouvelle saga qui sera publiée en trois tomes sur iBooks. Le prochain tome sort le 26 avril et le dernier tome fin juin. Monica Murphy pose ici les bases d'une romance
Babbling Chatter  Reads
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a story about a woman, Jennifer Fanelli aka Jensen who is out for revenge. She has been living a challenging life thanks to the struggles she was brought up in. She is at a point where she wants to get back at her mother that left her and her dad when she was young and never looked back.

Cue in Rhett Montgomery, a frat boy who is part of the mix of her plotting vengeance. Keeping her enemy close and having him fall head over heels for her. When all is said and the plan is set into place s
Coco.V
Jul 21, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on iBooks today (7/21/2018)!💝

Blurb:

I want revenge. And I'm going to get back at my mother any way that I can.

I change my name. Start my new life in college, and just happen to cross paths with the gorgeous, ultra-rich Rhett Montgomery. He's immediately interes
Siobhan
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
I love a good revenge story, and Monica Murphy’s Her Defiant Heart had me pretty excited for the Damaged Hearts series. I went in hoping for an addictive revenge series, one I could devour; only to be given something I wasn’t crazy about.

Don’t get me wrong, this was an okay read. I can see the appeal and can understand why some will really enjoy it. However, for me, the story did not provide what I had been expecting. The revenge aspect, the aspect I was most interested in, felt extremely weak t
Becca
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Talk about pain. Jen is swimming in it. She's out for revenge and she needs help getting to the mother who abandoned her. She reinvents herself and finds the best way to get to her mom is through her step son - the ultra rich and handsome Rhett. But then things don't go as plan. Rhett is charming and there is actually another side of him that no one else sees except her.

Now this is a three part book series, so book one is really the set up. That being said, you will still be turning the pages fa
Clare
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-romance
I really liked this, it does end on a cliffhanger which i didn't know, I'll be waiting for the next 2 to come out before i carry on reading.
Sandy S
4 stars—

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date March 29, 2018

I want revenge. And I'm going to get back at my mother any way that I can.

Aurora (Whoo Gives A Hoot)
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
When Monica Murphy first announced her upcoming Damaged Hearts series I was so freaking excited because I have read and loved many of her past releases, but nothing could have prepared me for this story.

Her Defiant Heart is the kind of story that captures you whole body and soul right from the very beginning and holds on for dear life. This is not a story filled with love, hope and happiness, but rather a story fueled by revenge and hate. Revenge p
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 Revengeful Stars ~

How far would you go to get revenge??

The answer to that question is in Monica Murphy’s latest book….Her Defiant Heart. This book will take you on a hate filled emotional ride. She will show you what it’s like to feel cast aside by someone you love and the lengths at which someone will go to get revenge on that person.

This was such an intriguing storyline. I was captivated right from the start and I am dying to
EpicRomanceReviews
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nidhi-reviews
.•.•⭐) .•⭐')
(.• (.•`
❤~🌟~❤4 ANGSTY STARS!❤~🌟~❤

HER DEFIANT HEART by Monica Murphy starts off a trilogy that takes you on a emotional roller coaster ride. We are introduced to Jensen in this first book, she has one focus in mind, revenge. She has had a very difficult childhood and has pretty much raised herself. She blames one person for her lost childhood, her mother.

Jensen goes through extensive preparation to seek revenge against her mother. At times this a very emotional time for the reader.
Wren
Jun 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Disclaimer: IBooks freebie, more of a novella length than a novel. IBooks often offers the first book of a series free so the reader gets hooked and purchases the rest, however, in this case I won’t be tempted.

The pros: author writes steamy sex scene very well but uses male oriented language. Uses words like clit and pussy which came off sounding like a man was writing sex scenes for a woman rather than a woman.

The protagonist for me was unlikeable and as a narrator, untrustworthy. She had no mo
Liz
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
In Her Defiant Heart, the first book in the Damaged Hearts series, by Monica Murphy, we find an emotional roller coaster of a journey. The story of a woman who is lost, feels rejected and is set on a path leading to revenge.

Jennifer Fanelli wants revenge on the person who abandoned her, her mother. All her life she felt the absence of her mother, who left when she was very young. Every day that hole was felt in her home, as her father never recovered from his wife leaving. Now completely alone,
Heather C
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, march-2018
Her Defiant Heart is a revenge story that will consume you from the start. From the moment I met Jensen and heard her background story, I  was pulling for her. Oddly, I wasn't put off by her plan and supported it. A wounded and shattered heart will can make some of the greatest revenge plans.

Jensen's plan is to go after Rhett. He's her mother's stepson. The mother that abandon her years ago and has raised another family without her. Everything she's done at college is to make sure that Rhett not
Ariel
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I was into it at first, but as the book went on, I didn’t feel as connected the the H and h’s relationship. I was more interested in the relationship between the h and her mother, and of course it ends on a cliffhanger. So I guess the author accomplished her job of getting me interested in the second book, but it’s not for the H and h, but for the h and her mom. Hopefully there will be more clarification in the second novel.
Moon Love
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review to come but I'm loving it so far and I was so sad when it was over! I need more! Jensen is as trip but I understand her motivations even if they're super twisted and Rhett? Be still my swooning heart. He just seems to be too good but I've got faith and hope in him. He's a good one. The two of them together, are just the perfect amount of push and pull.
Robin Bielman
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just read all three books in the series back-to-back and I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. Monica Murphy's story-telling is sexy, emotional, tension-filled, and always leaves me with a smile on my face!
Penny
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars cliffhanger alert
Faith89
Shelves: arc-review
copy received for honest review
This is a book that keeps you anticipating what will happen next. mystery surrounds Jennifer Fanneli. She is on a mission. Jensen/Jennifer wants revenge. She has planned for a long time. Rhett Montgomery is unknowingly a major part of her plan. What she does not count on is liking him. The more she is around him, the harder it is to keep focused on what she wants. She has major secrets and just when Rhett gets close she pulls away. When he finds out one of her dark
Apr 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
Wasn't invested enough to carry on with the next two books.
Diana Laura (The Bookish Sisters)
Full blog post here!

THIS. This is the Monica Murphy I became a fan of a while back when I read her One Week Girlfriend series. I feel like she hasn’t written a New Adult story quite like Drew and Fable’s in a while and I’m happy she finally came up with another amazing New Adult story because those are her forte (in my opinion).

HER DEFIANT HEART is just the beginning of Rhett and Jen’s story. It is short but full of sweet moments. Because it is so short though, it does have a bit of insta-lov
aniryllis
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks, in-english
The scene with his father (we all know that was him) was absolutely disgusting.

Anyway, nothing new here. It's the copy of Drew + Fable.

Edit (after reading book #2): Not his father. (view spoiler)
Akd
Feb 20, 2018 marked it as to-read
** EXPECTED PUBLICATION: 29th March 2018 **

Blurb:

Nina
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review to come soon.💕
But first omg I'm loving Jensen and Rhett story and in need of the next book asap! 😍😍
Jul 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
Tales of revenge can be very interesting. You can delve deep into the mindset of a character and get into their heads. It is intriguing finding out what drives them and makes them desire revenge so much and a well written revenge story makes you sympathise with the protagonist and you actively want them to succeed in their revenge.

Her Defiant Heart is not a god revenge story.

Another month, another free book on iBooks and another one which just isn’t very good at all. Her Defiant Heart tells the
Jo-The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
As soon as I discovered that Monica Murphy's upcoming release was going to be a new adult series, I couldn't wait to get started. As much as I have enjoyed Monica's YA novels, I was more than ready for this author to return to NA. It had been far too long. This series seemed to have so much promise- a gorgeous cover, an intriguing title and a fabulous synopsis. I was fully prepared for a gripping read and I was so pleased that "Her Defiant Heart" lived up to my expectations. I loved this first b ...more
New York Times, USA Today bestselling author and #1 international bestselling author. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I also write contemporary romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

Sign up for my newsletter: http://bit.ly/2b1SzV6

Check out my Facebook page for more info & regular updates: http://www.facebook.com/MonicaMurphya...

Hang out with me on Instagram!

Damaged Hearts (3 books)
  • His Wasted Heart (Damaged Hearts, #2)
  • Damaged Hearts (Damaged Hearts, #3)