Start by marking “Her Defiant Heart (Damaged Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Defiant Heart (Damaged Hearts, #1)

Her Defiant Heart

(Damaged Hearts #1)

Life can feel like a cruel joke. I grew up poor and motherless, with a father who never got over his wife’s abandonment. But now he's gone too, and I'm dead set on finding the woman who so carelessly tossed me aside when I was a baby.

I want revenge. And I'm going to get back at my mother any way that I can.

I change my name. Start my new life in college, and just happen to
ebook, iBooks Exclusive, 200 pages
Published March 29th 2018 by EM Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Her Defiant Heart, please sign up.
Anna K Yes, it released March 2018, but unfortunately it's only available on ibooks :(

Start your review of Her Defiant Heart (Damaged Hearts, #1)
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Cliff hanger, bring on the next book!!!

This was a good read, not my favorite by this author, but I'll definitely be checking out the next books to see what happens!!

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***3,75 "Too good to be true???" stars***

This was a nice and decent story... It didn't blew me up, but i will definitely read the next two parts of this story, because I'm way too curious after the cliffy in here!!!
This was a story of revenge... But, was it really???
It was a story about finding love in the most unexpectent place!!!!
And that damn cliffy??? Wow!!!! I'm dying to see what will happen next!!!! So, i think that the writer fullfilled her purpose!!!

Well, Jensen had changed town, id
Jen
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it

I love when a book takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride. Monica murphy’s latest release captures what it’s like to feel cast aside and consumed by revenge.

Who better to help Jennifer Fanelli with her plan than someone close to her target—the super-hot-makes-your-panties-drop Rhett Montgomery. Her one tie to the mother that abandoned her.

What follows is a story that will have you flipping pages dying to find out how Jennifer’s plan will play out.

Her Defiant Heart is the first book of
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤️4 STARS❤️

This was a decent read for me, it started really well with an interesting story, a great romance starting with the heroine wanting to dislike the hero.The plot was great and I couldn't put it down but I can't say that I loved it so much or I hate it!

"What just happened felt so good, so right. But it isn't right.
It shouldn't feel right. What we just did, is wrong."

I liked Jensen and found myself feeling sorry for her.Rhett is sweet and lovely hero!It was a great read!It's full of ang
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

fd4210f24e6091617fb99307094be6

In Monica Murphy’s latest new release, Her Defiant Heart, she takes readers on a woman’s quest for revenge. In this calculated move of plotting revenge, a daughter quest to get back at the mother who abandoned her father and her takes an abrupt turn when Jensen falls for Rhett Montgomery, her mother’s step-son. Rhett was supposed to be a means to get closer to her mom but what she didn’t expect was Rhett to be sweet and a person whom she ca
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Her Defiant Heart (Damaged Hearts #1) by Monica Murphy
3.5 stars!!!

“I’ll deserve an Academy Award for my performance by the time I’m through.”

Her Defiant Heart is the first book in a trilogy and is a genre step for Monica Murphy as she tackles, one again, New Adult Contemporary Romance. I love this authors YA books and I couldn’t wait to dive into something a little hotter and Monica Murphy didn’t disappoint.

Jennifer Fanelli uproots her life with one thing in mind…revenge, but is rev
Darcy
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The characters in this one are a hot mess. I get why Jen wants to get to know Rhett, but you just know it's going to blow up in her face. The first step of which happened right at the end, hello cliff hanger. I look forward to reading the next on to see if Rhett reacts like how I think he will.
Siobhan
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
I love a good revenge story, and Monica Murphy’s Her Defiant Heart had me pretty excited for the Damaged Hearts series. I went in hoping for an addictive revenge series, one I could devour; only to be given something I wasn’t crazy about.

Don’t get me wrong, this was an okay read. I can see the appeal and can understand why some will really enjoy it. However, for me, the story did not provide what I had been expecting. The revenge aspect, the aspect I was most interested in, felt extremely weak t
Alicia
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This storyline is nothing like I’ve ever read before. Yes it’s about revenge, but the players in the game aren’t typical.

Jensen wants to find her mom and she feels Rhett Montgomery is the key to her revenge plot for her mother. As the first part of the story, there was so much that happened here. I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough, always wanting to see where the story went to next.

I cannot wait to get the next part of the story.
Babbling Chatter  Reads
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a story about a woman, Jennifer Fanelli aka Jensen who is out for revenge. She has been living a challenging life thanks to the struggles she was brought up in. She is at a point where she wants to get back at her mother that left her and her dad when she was young and never looked back.

Cue in Rhett Montgomery, a frat boy who is part of the mix of her plotting vengeance. Keeping her enemy close and having him fall head over heels for her. When all is said and the plan is set into place s
Coco.V
Jul 21, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on iBooks today (7/21/2018)!💝

Blurb:

I want revenge. And I'm going to get back at my mother any way that I can.

I change my name. Start my new life in college, and just happen to cross paths with the gorgeous, ultra-rich Rhett Montgomery. He's immediately interes
Becca
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Talk about pain. Jen is swimming in it. She's out for revenge and she needs help getting to the mother who abandoned her. She reinvents herself and finds the best way to get to her mom is through her step son - the ultra rich and handsome Rhett. But then things don't go as plan. Rhett is charming and there is actually another side of him that no one else sees except her.

Now this is a three part book series, so book one is really the set up. That being said, you will still be turning the pages fa
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Monica Murphy knows how to do taboo. I usually don’t like taboo, i won’t lie, but after reading her Never duet, I knew I could trust her to do this book justice. There is a major cliffhanger and of course I need to know what happens between Jensen and Rhett. Jensen is so angry and getting a glimpse at her childhood, we can see exactly why she holds such a grudge against her mother. I am very interested in learning Rhett’s story because i feel like there is much more to him that meets the eye. Ca ...more
Tish (Cocktails & Fairytales)
4.5 beautiful stars!! Wow! What a way to kick off a new trilogy!! This book took me on an incredibly emotional rollercoaster ride. My heart ached for Jensen & Rhett and all of things that they'd had to endure throughout their lives. Couldn't put it down once I started. ...more
Clare
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-romance
I really liked this, it does end on a cliffhanger which i didn't know, I'll be waiting for the next 2 to come out before i carry on reading.
Carol
Jan 28, 2020 marked it as tbr-already-own  ·  review of another edition
(included in the "Love in the Dark" romance collection)
Shirley Cuypers
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-beta, ebooks, 2019
4.5/5*

This book was provided by the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you EM Publishing and Netgalley!

Her Defiant Heart
is the first book in the Damaged Hearts series and tells the story of Jensen and Rhett.

Her Defiant Heart is the second book I read by Monica Murphy and it was totally different than the first book I’ve read by her, Saving It. I mean this in a good way because Her Defiant Heart was such an interesting and addictive read.

I really liked the main

Whoo Gives A Hoot
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
When Monica Murphy first announced her upcoming Damaged Hearts series I was so freaking excited because I have read and loved many of her past releases, but nothing could have prepared me for this story.

Her Defiant Heart is the kind of story that captures you whole body and soul right from the very beginning and holds on for dear life. This is not a story filled with love, hope and happiness, but rather a story fueled by revenge and hate. Revenge
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 Revengeful Stars ~

How far would you go to get revenge??

The answer to that question is in Monica Murphy’s latest book….Her Defiant Heart. This book will take you on a hate filled emotional ride. She will show you what it’s like to feel cast aside by someone you love and the lengths at which someone will go to get revenge on that person.

This was such an intriguing storyline. I was captivated right from the start and I am dying to
EpicRomanceReviews
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nidhi-reviews
¨)
¸.•´¸.•⭐´¨) ¸.•⭐'¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
❤~🌟~❤4 ANGSTY STARS!❤~🌟~❤

HER DEFIANT HEART by Monica Murphy starts off a trilogy that takes you on a emotional roller coaster ride. We are introduced to Jensen in this first book, she has one focus in mind, revenge. She has had a very difficult childhood and has pretty much raised herself. She blames one person for her lost childhood, her mother.

Jensen goes through extensive preparation to seek revenge against her mother. At times this a very emotional time for
Dirty Dayna
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Revenge Stars
Confession .. I may be obsessd with Monica Murphy!i have almost read everything she has ever written. I have never written her version of revenge tho! This story is about Jensen who has changed her name to hunt down and ruin Rhett Montgomery since her mom left her for his family. Her entire plan is to make Rhett fall in love with her ( her stepbrother) and then introduce her to his mother for the ultimate revenge slap in the face.
My mother turned me into this. I'm a slut, a w
Liz
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
In Her Defiant Heart, the first book in the Damaged Hearts series, by Monica Murphy, we find an emotional roller coaster of a journey. The story of a woman who is lost, feels rejected and is set on a path leading to revenge.

Jennifer Fanelli wants revenge on the person who abandoned her, her mother. All her life she felt the absence of her mother, who left when she was very young. Every day that hole was felt in her home, as her father never recovered from his wife leaving. Now completely alone,
Wren
Jun 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Disclaimer: IBooks freebie, more of a novella length than a novel. IBooks often offers the first book of a series free so the reader gets hooked and purchases the rest, however, in this case I won’t be tempted.

The pros: author writes steamy sex scene very well but uses male oriented language. Uses words like clit and pussy which came off sounding like a man was writing sex scenes for a woman rather than a woman.

The protagonist for me was unlikeable and as a narrator, untrustworthy. She had no mo
Seema Rao
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
tl; dr: Revenge doesn't mix well with love but is a great counterpart to lust.

This book is the first in a three-part series about a young woman who wants her birth mother to pay. She starts a relationship with her step brother to make her plan come to fruition. This book is part of a genre of NA romance that is all action and little character growth. I can't say if I liked or disliked the book. There just wasn't enough there to judge. I think if you want a super fast read, and you are into the
Ariel
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I was into it at first, but as the book went on, I didn’t feel as connected the the H and h’s relationship. I was more interested in the relationship between the h and her mother, and of course it ends on a cliffhanger. So I guess the author accomplished her job of getting me interested in the second book, but it’s not for the H and h, but for the h and her mom. Hopefully there will be more clarification in the second novel.
Heather C
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, march-2018
Her Defiant Heart is a revenge story that will consume you from the start. From the moment I met Jensen and heard her background story, I  was pulling for her. Oddly, I wasn't put off by her plan and supported it. A wounded and shattered heart will can make some of the greatest revenge plans.

Jensen's plan is to go after Rhett. He's her mother's stepson. The mother that abandon her years ago and has raised another family without her. Everything she's done at college is to make sure that Rhett not
Moon Love
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review to come but I'm loving it so far and I was so sad when it was over! I need more! Jensen is as trip but I understand her motivations even if they're super twisted and Rhett? Be still my swooning heart. He just seems to be too good but I've got faith and hope in him. He's a good one. The two of them together, are just the perfect amount of push and pull.
Robin Bielman
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just read all three books in the series back-to-back and I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. Monica Murphy's story-telling is sexy, emotional, tension-filled, and always leaves me with a smile on my face!
Brit
Nov 30, 2018 added it
This was an DNF for me. sadly.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Honey (Honey and Sugar Duet #1)
  • The Playboy
  • Begin with Me (Chaotic Love, #1)
  • Sweet (Chicago Underground, #7)
  • Second Chance Charmer (Havenbrook, #1)
  • Temptation (Club X, #1)
  • The Proposition (The Proposition, #1)
  • Summer Heat (Cruel Summer, #1)
  • Wild Ride (Powertools: Hot Rides, #1)
  • Overture (North Security, #1)
  • The Negotiator (Harbor City, #1)
  • Summer Seduction (Cruel Summer, #2)
  • Close to Me (The Callahans, #1)
  • Love in the Dark: 12 Book Boxed Set
  • Summer Nights (Cruel Summer, #3)
  • Driven (Driven, #1)
  • Dead Pretty
  • Twisted Circles (Secret Society, #2)
New York Times, USA Today bestselling author and international bestselling author. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I also write contemporary romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

Sign up for my newsletter: https://www.monicamurphyauthor.com/ne...

Hang out with me on Instagram:

Damaged Hearts (3 books)
  • His Wasted Heart (Damaged Hearts, #2)
  • Damaged Hearts (Damaged Hearts, #3)