Start by marking “Lotus Effect” as Want to Read:
Lotus Effect

Lotus Effect

Lakin Hale, true crime writer and victim of an attack that left her for dead, helps crime solvers and victims close cold cases, yet there is one crime she hasn’t been able to solve:

Her own.

As she embarks on a new case, working closely with Special Agent Rhys Nolan, the details of the murder begin to eerily resemble the event that nearly ended her life. A silhouette of a ma
Published April 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Lotus Effect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lotus Effect

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“The lies we tell ourselves so that we can cope with our insignificant existence, to make us feel more meaningful in this life, aren’t the same as a tailored lie meant to deceive another person.”

Trisha Wolfe is one of those authors that from the minute you finish reading a book of hers, you feel thoroughly schooled. You develop this type of knowledge that you had no idea you were craving and it forces you to look at things differently. Your mind is constantly at work and by the time you’re ha
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LOTUS EFFECT: Is a full length standalone suspenseful novel by Trisha Wolfe, flits between past and present.

As Lakin Hale embarks on a new cold case the similarities have her reliving her own cold case, when she was left for dead, dumped like garbage in a lake, stabbed numerous times, her killer was never caught. Her memories never fully recovered after her ordeal, with no idea why she was targeted, or who the perpetrator was or even looked like. She knows better than anyone that the first
Carvanz
Oh my gaaawd!!! This book is one twisted, suspense filled story that kept me on the edge of my seat and refused to let me set it aside for even a moment!

Four years ago Lakin Hale died among the dark water and tangled stems of a lotus pond. When she awakens in the hospital she has no memory of the attack just blurred images of a red lotus and a faceless man.

description

When her case goes cold, she reaches out to FBI agent Rhys Nolan to help her continue the investigation. With disappointment, they must fac
Debbie
Lotus Effect is an in-depth, intelligent, and eerie thriller that left me lost in thought and haunted by my own memories that I’ve always held as truths. The twists, turns, and revelations held within, led me on a journey unlike any other I’ve ever experienced before. Her poetic style, and intensive knowledge never fail unearth emotion and meaning I didn’t realize existed.
“I don’t believe in omens. Past and present touch at different moments in our lives, like a blade of grass arcing in on itse
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
GAH!!! I started reading my ARC of Lotus Effect at 9:30 in the morning and finished it at 3 pm. FREAKIN AMAZING. I want more. I want it all! Why aren’t you writing all day every day Trisha Wolfe? #GREEDY #ILOVEYOU Now I need to wrap my head around a review to do this justice. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

⭐⭐Review ⭐⭐

It is with an emotionally invested heart and a blown mind that I recommend this book! My God, author Trisha Wolfe has handed in one hell of a captivating read. Her writing style, storytelling, and character
Greta
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
"If a girl dies in a lake and no one is around to see, is she truly dead?"

*ARC provided in exchange of an honest review*

Sono super onorata di recensire in anteprima il nuovo romanzo di Trisha Wolfe, conosciuta principalmente per il suo duet Darkly, Madly (che ho adorato tanto). Qui abbiamo un thriller psicologico che nonostante, come ha già annunciato l'autrice, è un po' commerciale, ma ne vale comunque la pena, perchè è una storia orchestrata in un bel modo, nonostante si, sia un po' preved
Talon
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Envy is a powerful and debilitating emotion. Stunting, all consuming. Jealousy can twist you into a gnarled creature, bent on self-destruction."

Okay so, Lotus Effect was a fun crime novel! By the time I had finished the book, I wanted to officially become a true crime detective too. But what's new there? Usually when I'm reading crime-type books, the redundant details drive me insane. But the way this novel flowed together really hit the mark for me! I was all around very impressed, as this is
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
Trisha Wolfe is queen of psychological romance as her books are pure genius. They are half poetry and half mindeffs. I loved Lotus Effect as we are thrust upon a story that is so spinetingling fantastic that I read with my heart beating fast and my eyes consuming every word.

Without giving away any spoilers, Lakin and Hale were so engrossing. I was sucked into their connection while also digesting the mystery surrounding Lakin and her past. I loved how fast-paced this story was and Wolfe's outsta
Nina Levine
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Trisha Wolfe has a poetic way with words that no other author I read has. Her writing is completely unique and utterly captivating, and I wait with bated breath for every book she writes. Lotus Effect was everything I hoped it would be. Trisha kept me guessing right until the end, the story twisting and weaving its way into my heart. I was on the edge of my seat for most of the book, flipping pages faster as the suspense ramped up. I won't give anything away about the plot, but I will say that i ...more
Beatrix
If a girl dies in a lake and no one is around to see, is she truly dead?

Trisha Wolfe is an author who completely won me over with her Born, Darkly novel, so when I saw she was writing another dark novel involving psychology and twisted killers I knew I wanted to read it.

I was really anticipating this book, but I told myself not to hype it to much, so I don't end up disappointed. I should've known I have nothing to fear, because Ms. Wolfe is a damn fine writer. From the very first page I wa
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
Another fantastic book from Trisha Wolfe! I love being swept away with her words.
Lotus Effect was a carefully woven web of deceit, intrigue, suspense with a smidgen of romance.
Lakin and Rhys were intelligent and captivating.
Definitely a must read for 2019.
~BREAKDOWN OF RATINGS~

Book Cover~ Fantastic
Ser
Sophie Ruthven
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was going to wait till I had done another read through before reviewing as like Trisha's other books this was mind blowing with twists and turns you don't see coming, but I decided this review couldn't wait as this book needs to be shouted from the rooftops and read by everyone I know.
This book is another masterpiece by Trisha that will have you questioning your own sanity and not getting the full picture till the very end. There isn't a lot I can say about this book without giving key details
LianaReads blog
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading it and staring at the ceiling like a dumb person because I have no idea how to review what I just went through with this book.
You’ll be pulled in from the first chapter because of the work and ways that the author has created it's just like watching a thriller movie and can't stop until the end.
There are many things going on and at times I thought I knew how it will end but no, I had no idea what was coming my way.
The suspense kept me on the edge till the last page.
More tha
Melissa  Wright
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Lotus Effect was amazing. This book will keep you guessing until the final chapter. It is full of suspense with a ton of twists and turns. If you have read Trisha's books before you are well aware of how she captures you from page one and will have you reading the entire book in one sitting, because its that damn good. Lakin and Rhys will take you on twisted and dark adventure, that will keep you wanting more. Each page will give you just a little bit more of the puzzle. Perfect 5 star read ...more
Rowan Parker
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another absolutely fantastic thriller by Trisha Wolfe. As I always am with her books I was sucked in from page one and literally sat reading the whole book in one sitting,the draw of Lakins story kept me flipping the pages,the mystery kept me glued. An amazing whodunnit that will leave you guessing right until the end. I suggest you go in blind with this one,don't read teasers,avoid reviews with spoilers and enjoy the ride! Trust me,your head will spin!
Grace
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars

Survival
Closure
Perversion
Depravity
Those are the main themes of this complex romantic thriller, with an ending that had my heart racing.

Told from a sole POV, Lakin Hale (formerly Cynthia) is the victim of a horrific crime that nearly killed her. It is from her own unsolved mystery, that she begins to tell the stories of others. Pairing up with Rys Nolan from the FBI, the two investigate unsolved deaths and in their research, Lakin write the victim's story.

Flipping from past to present,
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
Thrilling from start to finish, I couldn’t put this book down. Trauma has changed and shaped Lakin Hale’s life. Now, as a true crime author working along side Special Agent Rhys Nolan of the FBI, her past and present are colliding...or are they? When the truth is unknown, how do we know what to believe?

Wolfe delivers a perfectly crafted story. Delicious tension, mesmerizing mystery, flawed and endearing characters, and so much more. Each piece of the puzzle, building the mystery. What was real a
Shrimalya
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
" I'm an open ending. I hate open endings".

Trisha Wolfe has blown me away once again with this book! I'd been dying to get my hands on it ever since she announced her plans for this book and it was definitely worth the wait!!
Lotus Effect is a little different from her usual books, in the sense that it is a psychological thriller more than a dark romance, but the overall atmosphere and the lyrical quality of Trisha Wolfe's writing remains the same and that's my favourite part!

I won't dive deep
Lauren Townley
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve got nothing. Absolutely nothing. 🤷🏼♀

You know when you read or watch something and you literally get chills? You don’t know how to explain your thoughts and feelings? Like whatever you say will just be a wasted breath because you will never do it enough justice? That is Lotus Effect. The thrill you so desperately needed.

The way this book is written is a haunted, deep masterpiece. The way Trisha writes is different to what I normally read. There’s no instalove, pointless drama, or boring sex
Carmen Aquino
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Life is a twisted web of people and their actions.”

Lakin è una scrittrice di casi irrisolti, lavora con l’FBI a risolvere casi ormai chiusi e a dare il giusto valore alle vittime di questi omicidi. Una tematica molto vicina perchè quattro anni prima era stata lei stessa vittima di omicidio.
Di quella terribile serata ricorda la sensazione dell’acqua nei polmoni, la discesa verso il fondo del lago, le radici di fiori di loto che l’abbracciavano e stritolavano il corpo ma non altro.
Non ricorda c
Melissa Fisher
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My black heart bleeds for Lotus Effect. Trisha Wolfe has outdone herself with this one. She keeps you guessing and on the edge of your seat. Waiting to find out what happened with baited breath. She has a way of drawing you into the story and holding on tight. These characters become a part of you and you NEED to know more. A psychological roller coaster that you never want to get off of.
Melissa Fisher
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down!!!!

We Like them Dark **
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author is an absolute automatic one click for me. It’s hard not to find what she writes so utterly intriguing-but Lotus Effect was it’s own breed of five stars. If I could give it more, I would. Five stars is simply not enough to describe the greatness of this story. It’s a psychological thriller through and through, and the sophistication and knowledge of human behavior, true crime, and simple nature, has put the author in the absolute highest regard for me. I was truly amazed at the intel ...more
Tyi
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is so much that needs to be said... Lotus Effect was mind bending. It made you question everything and every damn body. There were so many parts to the story, which I loved. For one, the psychology and the criminal profiling was on point. I felt like I was running through the clues along with the main characters, Rhys and Lakin. I also loved the environment, which the characters are placed. Florida is supposed to be all sunny and nice but there is terrible things lurking in the background. ...more
Anna Green
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by this author and has totally grabbed my attention from page one. This psychological thriller, my favourite genre, will keep you guessing who the perpetrator is right until the last chapter.

Lakin Hale is a true crime author who partners with Special Agent Rhys Nolan of the FBI and digs up and solves cold cases. She was a victim of a violent crime herself and ironically because of memory loss her own case still remains unsolved.

Told in first person point of view, alternat
Kylie
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites-2019
This book is definitely one of my favorites of 2019! (I need to make a shelf, someone remind me!)

Anyways! I was a little confused in the beginning, and had a hard time understanding what the hell was going on. So I took a little break and came back to it. Sometimes going from a third person book, to first person throws me off. (So even if you get a little confused/uninterested right away PLEASE keep reading.)

So psychological thrillers are my jam, my absolute favorite. Growing up I aspired to be
EscapeNBooks
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lotus Effect by Author Trisha Wolfe is a psychological thriller with a delightful lace of romance.

“If a girl dies in a lake and no one is around to see, is she truly dead?”

I find this author’s writing to be unique and compelling. It is always well-crafted and planned, exhibiting the research and passion she puts in her novels.

“I’m an open ending. I hate open endings.”

In Lotus Effect, we are introduced to Rhys and Lakin, an FBI cold-case investigator, paired with an author and a woman who has a
Cézanne Hayden-Dilbert
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Secrets are only able to haunt when they stay buried. Like a ghost crossing over into the light, once they’re exposed, all that’s left is peace.“

One again, Trisha Wolfe, has crafted a compelling page turner that grabs your attention and sucks you in. This novel was suspenseful and full of twists and turns.

The story follow Lakin Hale, who is the author of true crime novels. Four years ago, a violent crime wrecked Lakin and nearly left her for dead. She’s left with broken memories of the crime.
Courtney Green
It’s been a long long while since I read a Trisha Wolfe book and I’m glad I was able to receive this early copy.
I Give this Book 3.5 but listing as 4 Stars

This book has been haunting me the moment I first heard about it and can I just say this book was Great!
I love the in-depth details from start to finish, in the beginning you are immediately transported to what Lakin is visioning to the hunt for the person who has haunted her, and at the end you are left just amazed at Her Strength and seeking
April Symes
LOTUS EFFECT is a standalone psychological suspense novel by Trisha Wolfe. It goes back and forth between past and present.
Without giving away any spoilers, Lakin and Hale had me at their first interaction. #sparkssparking I loved the chemistry that flared between these two, the suspense as they try to find out who the murderer and also delve into what actually happened to Lakin 4 years back. This is what a psychological suspense romance is supposed to be!!! Twists, turns, feels, steam , myster
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Saving Mercy (Fatal Truth #1)
  • Jersey Six
  • Ribbons of Scarlet: A Novel of the French Revolution
  • Then I woke up
  • A Little History of Archaeology
  • The Ape That Understood the Universe: How the Mind and Culture Evolve
  • Walls: A History of Civilization in Blood and Brick
  • Keeping Thyme (Thyme Trilogy, #3)
  • Appalachian Prey
  • April in Paris, 1921 (A Kiki Button Mystery, #1)
  • Imposter
  • What Monstrous Gods
  • Wanted Woman (Cascades Concealed #3)
  • The Cursed Wife

Visit My Facebook Page

Visit My Facebook Readers Group: The Lair

Visit My Website

bit.ly/1rXTKI7

USA Today bestselling romantic thriller author. From an early age, Trisha Wolfe dreamed up fictional worlds and characters