Start by marking “101 Awesome Women Who Changed Our World” as Want to Read:
101 Awesome Women Who Changed Our World

101 Awesome Women Who Changed Our World

This book tells the stories of 101 amazing women and the ways in which they changed the world. Featuring a wide range of nationalities and ages, and fields spanning from science and arts to exploration and activism, these awesome women are sure to be an inspiration to children everywhere. Including biographies, quotations and facts written in an accessible way and brought ...more
Published November 1st 2018 by Arcturus Publishing (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about 101 Awesome Women Who Changed Our World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 101 Awesome Women Who Changed Our World

Start your review of 101 Awesome Women Who Changed Our World
Katie B
It makes me happy that I am seeing more and more of these types of books getting published. I look forward to sharing this one with my niece when she is a bit older. The suggested age range is for children 7-12 years old but I can tell you as an adult even I enjoyed reading it.

The book is split into 4 categories including Leaders and Activists, Scientists and Inventors, Artists and Writers, and Athletes and Adventurers. I give the author credit for selecting a diverse group of women to feature
Devann
I received an ARC copy of this book from NetGalley

I enjoyed this book but it was honestly a bit too simplistic for me personally. However it is a book aimed primarily at younger readers so I think they would get a lot more enjoyment out of it. I think it offers some good basic information as a way to help introduce these women, but I kept thinking 'well you left out this or that' because I've read so many of these types of books before. Still, it featured a very diverse group of women and there
Marta
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2020
3,5*

I really love reading books such as this one. There are always repeated names but it’s good to remember iconic women that worked/have worked in several areas and also name a few new more, that will inspire us to do great things with our lives. As they’re targeted to children, though, they’re bound to be short and straight to the point.
Niamh
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This would be a great book for any young feminist in your life, particularly for a younger reader who wants to know more about these amazing women. Encompassing every part of the world and each element of history, the book contains short, sweet snapshots into some truly incredible women across STEM, arts and performance and politics. Everyone from Boudecia to Hillary Clinton to JK Rowling to Amelia Earheart. A great alternative to the nasty women of history for children.
Etienne
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Very short portraits of various women from all around the world and from various fields of activities as well. Not bad, but not that good neither. I don't have much to say about it...
The Reading Countess
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Initially wanting to give this one a 3 star review, I bumped it up because it is inspirational. And the message to its readers, whom I hope are both male and female alike, is that girls grow up to do amazing things in this world.

The book is divided into four sections: Leaders and Activists, Scientists and Inventors, Artists and Writers, Athletes and Adventurers. It's a quick peek at women who helped shape these four subcategories. The quick peek lends itself to both incomplete and simplistic
Stephany Snell
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank both Arcturus Publishing & NetGalley for the opportunity to read an advanced copy of 101 Awesone Women Who Changed Our World by Julia Andrews. This book includes an illustration and a few easy to read paragraphs about 101 different women that have fearlessly stood up for their beliefs, themselves & one another over the years. From politicians to scientists to humanitarians, this book gives every little girl the opportunity to find her own hero. As a person and ...more
Victoria
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
A great collection of women who have made an impact in our world through Sport, Entertainment and STEM, 101 Awesome Women Who Changed Our World is a book for older children about historic women.

The people included are incredibly diverse and alive. I find with a lot of the books that show women, often the women are historic and though in many cases this is the situation in this book, often it is not which is rare. Including women such as Malala Yousafzai and Simone Biles, these are women young
Kylie Psaila
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-books
This is such an inspiring book, especially for young girls.

The title of the book is self-explanatory. Some of the women mentioned are Malala Yousafzai, Eva Perón, Rosa Parks, J. K. Rowling, and Marie Curie.

The illustrated portraits are so cute, and the women mentioned are very diverse - from whites, to black, there's even Laverne Cox who represents the LGBTQ+ community, etc. I only wish that a Maltese women would have been mentioned.

My only "complaint" is that all of them should have had the
Hadia
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Received this as an ARC from netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I don't generally read children's non-fiction but the fact that it's about the amazing women in our society really caught my attention and so I requested it. I was so excited to get this arc and it did not disappoint me.

It contains really beautiful illustrations of the women mentioned and also other illustrations where appropriate. The information is very educational and to the point and I really liked that. Quotes were also
Ioanna
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it

Follow along as the book explores the life of 101 women who changed the world! No matter their occupation, these female figures made a great impact on the way we live our lives today, and this is what the book is about.

Accompanies by happy, vibrant illustrations, 101 Awesome Women Who Changed The World is a beautiful read. Ideal for every child out there, the book gives us some interesting,
isabela 🏴‍☠️
Feb 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
As ilustrações são muito fofas, adorei demais e fazia muito tempo que eu não lia algum livro com imagens. Por ter ilustrações, na minha cabeça, seria um ótimo livro pra ler pra irmã mais nova, filha, neta, sobrinha, etc.
Minhas duas mulheres favoritas depois de ler esse livro são: Harriet Tubman (ela fez o caminho de 145km várias vezes pra conseguir salvar o máximo de pessoas e guiar pro estado livre de escravidão) e Ida Pfeiffer (primeira travel blogger e primeira pessoa a fazer publis pelo
Ashley
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-books
I received this as an ARC from Netgalley.com.

First line: The course of history is packed with stories of women overcoming odd, defying expectations, and shattering stereotypes.

Summary: A short illustrated book with short biographies of amazing women from history.

Highlights: There were lots of new women that I had never heard of. I liked the short bios and the illustrations.

Lowlights: Some bios were almost too short. These women led full lives but we only write a sentence or two?

FYI: Great for
Kelsey
I received a digital review copy from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This collected biography covers a lot of trailblazing women, including many lesser-known women. However because of the large number of women covered in such a short book, most women only receive maybe two paragraphs about their lives and achievements. I would use this book to start the conversation about the women covered, and it may inspire kids to seek out more information elsewhere.
Theediscerning
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a well-meaning book, and well worth putting on the school library shelf, but it's not perfect. The balance of it, at least as far as the file I got to read on netgalley is concerned, is too much in the favour of cheesy portrait pictures of the characters and against the more useful information. Also, some entries are too long, and some (particularly about people I'd never heard of, such as the Empress Jingu of Japan) are far too short. Still, no major complaint is possible.
Brenda
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I first started this book and the first couple women bios were really short, I was concerned, but then the bios became longer and more detailed. I like how the sections were organized. I was surprised at how many women I had never heard of before. I would have liked to see all of the women have a couple of pages written about them. This is a good introduction to many important women in history.
Ali
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book for introducing young readers to women who have made a difference in their particular field. The book contains some lovely illustrations and gives an overview of what each person achieved. Overall it is a well presented interesting read. I received a free copy of this book from Arcturus Digital in exchange for an honest review.
Laura Gorman
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
This is beautifully illustrated book full of amazing women.. The women are grouped into subject areas and each women has a wonderful illustration. Some of the stories are a little short. This book is part of a wave of feminist mini biography for children with illustrations. This is a perfect gift for any child who loves to read and learn about history.
Mariska
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
I think these types of books are amazing for young readers, to learn about these wonderful and incredible women across time.

I would have liked more information on some of the women, but otherwise, it was a fun short read.
Jo
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
#101AwesomeWomenWhoChangedOurWorld #NetGalley #Future #Parenthood

From Leaders & Activist to Athletes, this book is pure inspiration for next generation about the great success of awesome women around the world. Excellent choice for elementary and high school libraries.
Angie
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very nice range of women - backgrounds, ethnicities, time periods, etc. Not super detailed but giving a good sketch of each and not shying away from the less "nice" parts of their lives - which is really refreshing for what classifies as a book for, say 8 to 12 year olds.
Netheldia Porter
GREAT JOB!!!!!
Mahdikhazaee
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book uniquely empowers the will of girls and our dear daughters toward success. really inspires women for better life. Better women, better world.
An
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Pros: diversity
cons: unequal distribution of biographies and it omitted a lot of information.
Aneta
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
'it was ok' is quite accurate. Young readers might enjoy this brief summary of significant women.
Brenda
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
light read... something to pick up when bored
Jackie Weisenfelder
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every young woman should be given a copy.
Maggie Roundtree
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great book for all ages that tells stories of amazing women that you may have never heard of and some you have in a new and inspiring way.
Monique S. (The Ginger Librarian)
Meant to teach young girls that they can do anything they set their minds to and inspire them to pursue their dreams, this book highlights some amazing women of past and present who have done things to change history in some way and improve the lives of others in a big way.

This book features many women who have made a difference in the area of human rights, however it has left out some important female historical figures that I feel should have been added to a book like this, three of which
« previous 1 3 next »

• Madam C.J. Walker Builds a Business
  • We Are All Greta: Be Inspired to Save the World
  • Alisik, Band 4: Tod
  • Night Circus
  • Stories for Kids Who Dare to Be Different: True Tales of Amazing People Who Stood Up and Stood Out
  • Prince Neptune: Poetry and Prose
  • Disney the Lion King: Wild Schemes and Catastrophes (Graphic Novel)
  • In the Role of Brie Hutchens...
  • Mujeres insolentes de la historia
  • Finding Perfect
  • Den helt sanna julsagan om kentauren som ville hem
  • The Silence Between Us
  • Atlas de los lugares literarios