Start by marking “Luis and Tabitha” as Want to Read:
Luis and Tabitha

Luis and Tabitha

Luis is an alley cat who has everything figured out . . . until he meets Tabitha, a beautiful indoor cat. Separated by a tragic glass door, Luis will do anything to be with Tabitha--even brave the dangers of a fire.

With adorable illustrations and undeniable style, Luis and Tabitha is the story of two star-crossed kitties who prove that true love conquers all.
Published September 1st 2018 by Familius

To ask other readers questions about Luis and Tabitha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luis and Tabitha

Start your review of Luis and Tabitha
Miranda Reads
Oh. My. Gosh. I just did my very first "All My Books" video - starring Familius Publishing!
description
Thanks so much for watching and onwards to the review!
description

It was love. Love from afar.
Love from far too afar.
Luis, a handsome black-and-white tuxedo cat, lives (unofficially) in a small fire station.
Luis was a cat about town.
Dashing,
Charming,
Perfectly suave.
And he is perfectly happy with his life ...until...
He climbed a wall.
And saw Tabitha.
Elegant. Silky.
Purfectly sophisticated.
Henry Herz
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun heartwarming story about two star-crossed (and window glass-separated) cats, who never give up trying to be together. Rich, boldly-colored illustrations that convey both emotion and humor.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cybils, picture-book
Luis is an outside cat, and he is perfectly happy to hang around with his friends at the fire department. Until he meets the sophisticated Tabitha. And suddenly he will do anything to get to know her.

A little love story with lots of gentle twists and turns and surprises, along with lovely illustrations.
♠ TABI ♠
Sep 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
it's got my name in it therefore I must read this

also I really like cats so that's another reason
Abigail
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers Looking for Charming New Picture-Books About True Love
Luis, a street-wise cat who hangs out at the local firehouse, ever since being rescued as a kitten by the firefighters there, enjoys exploring the city. But when he comes upon the silky and sophisticated Tabitha, a beautiful kitty cat living in a penthouse apartment, he falls instantly and irrevocably in love. Unfortunately, he must love from afar, as Tabitha is locked behind a glass pane, and nothing Luis does, whether it be an offering of mice or of balloons, wins over Tabitha's human. An atte ...more
Erin
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A much better story of romantic persistence in the face of resistance than XO, OX: A Love Story. Both Luis and Tabitha (cats) are willing and interested in a romance, but circumstances keep them apart. But Luis' unending determination and heroics pay off in the end. Also features a great back-alley friendship bunch, and delightful illustrations. ...more
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Luis is a suave cat who lives on the streets and hangs out at the firehouse, but when he falls in love with Tabitha, a house cat, how can the two ever be together with the doors that separate them? Tabitha's owner shoos Luis away whenever he comes near Tabitha, but Luis never gives up.

I just adore how dashing and gentlemanly Luis is, and how gentle and elegant Tabitha is. I was really rooting for those two and their forbidden romance! Luis brings sardines and flowers and does everything he can
Beverly
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pbf-cats
Great story with adorable Disney-esque cartoon illustrations. The illustrator is an animator, so these illustrations are like static animation.
Lisa Boyd
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-challenge
I love this because the story includes: cats, vintage feeling artwork, cats, a love story, cats, and a great moral.
Kate
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The cover alone sold me on this book- the illustrations are stunning! I was immediately charmed by the characters and their relationship ❤️I can’t wait to share this book with my younger reading buddies!
Kirsti Call
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book reminded me of Lady and the Tramp and Romeo and Juliette. It's an engaging story about star crossed lovers--an ally cat and a sophisticated at home cat. The bold and whimsical illustrations enhance the text to create a funny, yet heartwarming story.
Michelle (FabBookReviews)

In the picture book Luis and Tabitha, readers are taken along the journey of meant-to-be-love between handsome "society" cat Luis and a beautiful and refined inside cat named Tabitha. When readers first meet Luis, we learn that he casually lives at the fire station since being rescued from a burning building. Luis is adored around town, is often given treats and cuddles, and spends time with feline friends like Socks and Mr. Pickles. All in all, his life is pretty solid! However, everything chan
Sandy Brehl
Luis is one irresistible cat (and that's speaking as a cat-lover with allergies). Both the text and the sleek, stylized illustrations make that purr-fectly clear. As an unofficial member of the fire crew who saved his life, Luis savors his regular meals, public appearances, and freedom to stroll the neighborhood at will.
Those strolls introduce him to prim and proper (and indoor) show cat, Tabitha. Unfortunately, Tabitha's owner is not a romantic, especially when it comes to street cats. Charmin
Annemarie Guertin
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable story about an alley cat (if you will) falling in love with a sophisticated cat and his quest to overcome the glass separates them! Will this Romeo (Luis) find a way to be with his Juliette (Tabitha)? You’ll have to read to find out!
I love the Disney style illustrations. It made the story shine. A great read for teachers, parents and librarians!
Emily Roberts
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
A cat romance book...what could be better? The storyline is somewhat along the lines of “Lady and the Tramp,” but still original. Loved the illustrations. So detailed and expressive! Definitely some of the best illustrations I’ve seen in awhile.
Lindsey
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cats, kids
This is a very cute "Romeo and Juliet" style kitty romance that does not end in tragedy. I adore the retro-flavored illustrations. Pixar should create a short film based on this book!
Breanna
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a delightful story to read. Following Luis through his persistent adventure towards a satisfying end. My nephews were enthralled by the stunning illustrations.
Gordon
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really sweet book with great illustrations. Even my dog loved it (and she hates cats)!
Alyssa Gudenburr
A beautiful love story between a stray cat and a house cat. The pictures are a little small so it might make a better one-on-one story.
Jaime

• Bear Has a Story to Tell
  • The Very Cold, Freezing, No-Number Day
  • Nom Nom: Colors
  • Blackout
Stephanie Campisi is an Australian-born children's book author living in the US. She has slept in a cemetery, has a friend who was bullied by a prince, and has lived in a haunted house in a haunted town. Two of the three statements in the previous sentence are true. Or maybe they all are.

Stephanie is the author of the picture books The Ugly Dumpling, Luis and Tabitha, Very Lulu, Five Sisters and

News & Interviews