Start by marking “Switch Hitter” as Want to Read:
Switch Hitter

Switch Hitter

(Jock Hard 0.5)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  2,301 Ratings  ·  392 Reviews
I knew something was wrong the second she walked in the door tonight; I just couldn’t put my finger on what it was.

Same hair color.
Same legs.
Same face.

Except…I look harder.
At the small dimple beneath her lip that wasn’t there the last time we went out. And her laugh—that laugh isn’t as loud.

This isn’t the girl I’ve gone out with the past few weeks.
It’s her twin sister,
Published March 15th 2018

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Short, cute, and ohmigod I want more

We’re introduced to Amelia, posing as her twin Lucy. She’s filling in for Lucy on a date with Dash, a star college baseball player. A guy so opposite of what Amelia goes for, so how easy will it be to pull off a fake date with your identical twins guy, or one of her many guys, while your sister is off on another date...

Dash, doesn’t usually go for the player girls like Lucy, but hey a quick score may be just what he needs, right... that is until he notices h
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

3.5 Stars

Switch Hitter is a short novella with a sweet and adorable hero and a quirky heroine. The twin swap plot is what got my attention and I thought it was very well written, it didn't come off as too dramatic and instead had just enough angst to keep me intrigued while still keeping the story pretty light.

I actually didn't realize that this was the novella from the Team Player anthology (my own stupid fault) so the ending seemed very abrupt to me and left me a
Melanie (mells_view)
Saw this was releasing on its own, so I went back and read this in my copy of the Team Player anthology.

This was a good twin swap read. Twin sister Lucy & Amelia swap for one night when Lucy has double booked herself on dates. Heaven forbid she cancels one. Yeah that’s what Amelia said too. No bone though.

Anyway Amelia reluctantly agrees to go out with Dash, but ends up really liking him. You’ll have to read it to find out what else happens. It’s yummy. This story was cute and fun. In one sc
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
Know what I’m going to do?”
“What?”
“I’m going to date the shit out of you.”

This was such a cute and satisfying novella that I devoured in one smile filled reading.

The classic twin switch tale gets a Sara Ney twist. When her twin double books herself for a date, who better to step into her shoes than her twin, Amelia. Lucy is the fun loving free spirit and Amelia is the serious one of the two. So when Amelia attends a date with the sexy Dante who immediately begins to note the differe
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
A short novella, a great twin swap storyline between two sisters and a hot jock!

Fab little read, and if you are a fan of Ney's Douchebag series then you can't go wrong with this :)
Irene Sim
I really liked the introduction story to the new series by Sara Ney. I totally rammed my way through her "How to date a douchebag" series in a matter of days so I was excited about this new series.

Amelia is a great girl, I would describe her as a "real" girl next door, she's simple, honest, loyal, wants to do something meaningful with her life and she can't get any more perfect apart from the fact that she has a twin sister who is the exact opposite of her. Amelia always puts her sister above al
Stacey is Sassy
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's the baseball player trap...

I know it's kind of deceitful and wrong but I kind of love stories when twins switch places. This was a cute story that did the switcheroo genre justice. There's a good twin and a naughty twin, a hero too smart and a connection that meant it was easier to forgive the tricksters.

Switch Hitter was short but sweet and I enjoyed it. The characters were interesting, the storyline moved well and the sizzling tension jumped off the pages. Definitely worth the $1.00.
Meags
3.5 Stars

This was a fun and sexy little start to Ney's new college themed series.

In Switch Hitter twins Lucy and Amelia trade places when Lucy frivolously double books herself on one too many Friday night dates. As a solution, instead on simply cancelling one of the dates like a normal person, Lucy chooses to beg her more sensible and less flighty twin sister Amelia to pretend to be her for the night on a date with college baseball star Dante.

Although the old twin switcheroo has worked for the
Michelle
Luvd this so much.

This book is so funny I luvd it. If this is what I have to look forward to with twin girls God help me haha. This story is just great. I luvd how different Lucy and Amelia are. They are like chalk and cheese. I do like that Lucy can push Amelia out of her comfort zone even though Amelia tries so hard to say no it doesn't work. They are great sisters and I luv the relationship they have.

Dante is hot like really hot. What makes him even better is that he isn't your normal baseba
♡Tonya♡
I started this in the Team Player anthology and had to DNF....
I so wanted to like this because I liked Amelia and Dante BUT I couldn't get past he was still dating and has made out with the heroines twin sister... could have been great for me but that's not my bag
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Switch Hitter was originally included in Team Player: A Sports Romance Anthology.

I’m giving a virtual high five to Sara Ney for this adorkable rom-com novella. Ever since The Parent Trap, I’ve had a soft spot for twin switcheroo stories.

Lucy and Amelia couldn’t be more different, and that’s part of what makes this story work so well. As a favor, “boring” (read: quiet and caring) Amelia agrees to pretend to be her vivacious (read: slutty and self-centered) sister, Lucy, while on a date with Lucy
Kindling Micky

A fun and engaging novella and I was here for the twin swap. Predictably, I wanted more.
NiCoLeTa E.
***3,5 "Mi cielo-My heaven!!!" stars***

Well, this was a very enjoyable reading, even though that it was a very short story...
I liked the characters very much, nope scratch that, i liked Lucy but not too much, but Dante and Amelia were great... Especially Amelia!!!
Dante seemed a little bit flat for me, even though that i liked mostly of his character...

Well, Dante had a date with Lucy...
Lucy was a perplexed character, a little bit swallow i can say and she was like dating... a lot... with many
Shayna
“Know what I’m going to do?”
“What?”
“I’m going to date the shit out of you.”

Oh my! This was SO DAMN CUTE! Amelia and Dash are the perfect couple to start off a brand new series from the AMAZING Sara Ney! I would follow this woman anywhere. Her writing is so smart, witty, charming, and hilarious. I couldn’t get enough!

SWITCH HITTER is a FUN, feel good romance that was included in the Team Player Anthology a while back. NOW, stands on its own with a HOT new cover! It’s even better the second go-rou
✦ Maica ✦ [mini hiatus]
"For real. We had zero chemistry," she rambles on. "Like, none."

Just like the two main characters.

Lucy has double booked herself on Friday night. She was supposed to go clubbing with Hudson but forgot that she had already made plans with Dash. So what does she do? Cancel on one of them and apologize like a decent human being? No. She asks her twin sister, Amelia, to go on the date for her and act as her. Easy right? Well, it was, until Amelia starts developing feelings for Dash.

This book was
AJ
3.5 stars!

This is a really quick, cute read. A fun and flirty romance that is no-nonsense, low-angst, sweet and sexy. Originally published in the Team Player Anthology , it’s now available for purchase as a standalone, leading in to Sara Ney’s upcoming Jock Hard series, and I really enjoyed it.

Amelia and Lucy are twins. Almost identical in looks, they couldn’t be more different, with Amelia the shy, quieter, more studious of the two, and Lucy the wild, fun-loving party girl. When Lucy double-bo
RentasticReads
4.5 DASHing stars

That was such a quick, fun and adorable read! I wasn’t able to read this when it was originally included in the Team Player Anthology, but I’m so glad I had the chance to before the first book in the Jock Hard series released. Switch Hitter is definitely the perfect introduction to Sara Ney’s upcoming series that I’m pretty sure will also make us swoon to no end, get our panties in a twist, and drive us nuts and wild, just as much as her Douchebag series did, if not more.

“I’
Marjorie  W.
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS

Quick, sexy and fun, my first book by Sara Ney and it won't be my last. It could've been longer and sure it was a little insta-everything, but despite all this I still thoroughly enjoyed it!

Plus, all that Spanish had me fanning myself multiple times. I kinda want a Dante of my own. 🤤
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
I wasn’t expecting it to be so short but Switch Hitter was a cute, fun and sexy read and a good start to new series.

Look forward to reading more from Sara Ney.
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

8b21c10fe49d29e0cb9abc1994a9de

Switch Hitter by Sara Ney was your fast paced feel good novella. It was fun, cute, and adorably sweet. Ney introduces readers to Lucy and Amelia, who are identical twins and so when Lucy asked Amelia to pretend to be her on a date, Amelia reluctantly agrees. What Amelia never expected was Dash to be a total gentleman and sweet guy. He wasn’t your stereotypical jock at all. So what happens when Amelia begins to like Dash but he thinks she is
Karen Mc
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Eres mio. Mio. You’re mine.”

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Sometimes you crave a read that you can easily inhale in one sitting. A romance that cuts to the chase and hits the ‘fast forward’ button. For a short story, Switch Hitter by Sara Ney packs a punch. I was CONSUMED with this romance!

Dash and Amelia are adorable together. Holy Latin GOD! I could do nothing but swoon from the baseball hero who’s as huge-hearted as he is hot. The hero and heroines’ delicious sexual tension kept me glued to the pages. Swi
Sam (AMNReader)
Sweet couple but novellas are so tough...
Jacqueline
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fab little treat between meals.

Earlier this year I binged on Sara Ney. I loved the humour, the wit, the chemistry and the smut but once I'd read them all I struggled to get all of that from anyone else. This is a novella, complete story and an intro to a new series. For me it was a reminder of what I've been craving. I'm so ready for her new series, I'll be stalking her feeds ready to jump on that.

Just the thing if you're in the mood for witty, warm feels and hot smut.
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Incredible.

Wow, wow, wow. I just wanna say that Sara Ney is an absolute beauty at writing. Her words never fail to amaze me and keep me hooked and this little novella is no different.

I’ve been wanting to read more books about twins and twin switching so this was a present little surprise.

Amelia and Dante are so freaking adorable, the short time that we get to know them is already so much fun and I sure do hope we get more of their story in the future because that sure would be epic.

I loved t
Mandy
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: athlete, funny
Quick and fun twin-swap story! I really enjoyed this little novella!
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5/ 5 stars

As you may know this is a novella that was part of the Team Player Anthology. For those of you who have read it, there's no need to read it again because unfortunately it has no new content. I was really hoping it would because I wanted more of everything with these two. And for those of you who haven't read it, then please do because it is so good!

I really freaking enjoyed Switch Hitter, the first and the second time I read it!! It was so much fun, and cute and damn that last
~Kristin~
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4+ Stars
Grey
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
Originally part of the Team Player anthology, but I hadn't gotten around to reading this one yet. Not sure what I was waiting for... This KU novella was a charming little meet-cute, a quick little read, packed with trademark Sara Ney humor that made me giggle. 3.75 switcheroo stars.
Shyralf
2 ⭐⭐ 1/2 Stars! ...more
Char ღ Denae
Really cute story! I loved the plot and the characters, just wish it was longer.
Sara Ney is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the How to Date a Douchebag series, and is best known for her sexy, laugh-out-loud New Adult romances. Among her favorite vices, she includes: iced latte's, historical architecture and well-placed sarcasm. She lives colorfully, collects vintage books, art, loves flea markets, and fancies herself British.

Jock Hard (2 books)
  • Jock Row (Jock Hard, #1)
  • Jock Rule (Jock Hard, #2)
“Hey Lucy?”