Start by marking “Doll Face (DI Tudor Manx, #2)” as Want to Read:
Doll Face (DI Tudor Manx, #2)

Doll Face

(DI Tudor Manx #2)

After the body of the first victim, Sian Conway is found, the suspicion quickly falls on her boss, Kimble McLain, and her volatile ex-husband, Liam Fowler.

The autopsy soon reveals Sian was eighteen weeks pregnant
Published March 18th 2018 by Bloodhound Books

To ask other readers questions about Doll Face, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doll Face

Start your review of Doll Face (DI Tudor Manx, #2)
Linda Strong

A serial killer is loose on the Isle of Anglesey. The first victim was disemboweled and her liver removed. Inserted into the liver is a religious text. She was also several weeks pregnant.

There were two prime suspects ... one was her husband, noted for his hot temper and from whom she was separated. The other was her boss, Kimble McLain, a wealthy businessman.

The body count is rising and the investigation takes a turn when a video is found of the first victim's murder. Al
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Doll Face is the second book in the DI Tudor Manx series. I actually felt it read quite easily as a stand alone so definitely not essential to have read Anglesey Blue (the first book) before reading this one.

As with Manx and the rest of the team, it wasn’t long before I was totally flummoxed as to who on earth was behind the murders. The murders are brutal and probably not one for the faint hearted but it had me well and truly hooked and I couldn’t turn those pages fast enough.
Susan Hampson
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read Anglesey Blue last Autumn and just grew to love DI Tudor Manx. He is no James Bond, that is for sure. He had been after the steadier life when he returned to his home town but well it just wasn’t happening. He is three months down the line with his last investigation under his belt before there is again a real head case on the loose. The number of residents on the small Isle, within spitting distance of the shores of Wales, are rapidly decreasing. This definitely calls for the skills of t ...more
Books 'n' All  Promotions
This is book 2 in the Tudor Manx series and sees Manx, reluctantly, returning to Anglesey.

The book starts with the viscous murder of a young woman who turns out to be pregnant. The first part of the murder is caught on Skype as she is talking to her friend.

The story is told from the investigation point of view but also from the killer's. It has many twists and turns and I enjoyed the insight into the psychopathic mind of the murderer. As more people are murdered with the same MO the
booksofallkinds
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
DOLL FACE by Dylan H. Jones is a twisted, dark, and terrifying crime fiction novel that will have you double checking the locks on your doors and leaving the light on when you go to bed.

DI Tudor Manx has only recently wrapped up his last case when he is called in to investigate a gruesome murder which strongly points towards a serial killer, and as the bodies begin to mount up, Manx will have to get one step ahead of this twisted killer if he is to have any chance of catching the culprit. But h
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
DI Tudor Manx has just recently returned to Anglesey after an incident in London but it has been a bittersweet homecoming. Some of his old friends seem glad to see him but others don’t. It has also dragged up feelings about the day his sister Miriam went missing years ago (something which he is still investigating on the side).

When Sian Conway is killed in a bizarre way, with a Bible quote stuffed into her liver, Manx is tasked to investigate. Before long more bodies turned up, all k
Alexina
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the Second Book of Tudor Manx, he is back, can be read as a standalone, as always you benefit from character background reading the first book. Which was one of my favourite reads last year – Anglesey Blue
Doll Face, what a creepy, clever storyline.
Who is it? It was a twisted read and I didn’t guess who the villain was.
I Love Tudor, and although we don’t know too much about his background we know enough to be aware that he is wresteling with is demons and doesn’t want to
Julia
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Doll Face is a dark and addictive murder mystery thriller. It has a surprising opening and short pacy chapters to start with which really get the story going and I was immediately gripped. It is the second in a series, but I read it absolutely fine as a standalone and loved it.

It is also a solid police procedural and the evidence is discovered in a systematic but compelling way. The characters include a mix of police officers and technical or medical staff, and the workplace banter p
Elaine Tomasso
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bloodhound Books for an advance copy of Doll Face, the second novel to feature Anglesey based DI Tudor Manx.

Manx as he prefers to be called and his team are called in to the murder of Sian Conway who has been stabbed and mutilated. The ritualistic nature of her murder has the words serial killer hovering on their lips and it is confirmed as the bodies stack up. While all the victims have links to local millionaire Kimble McLain the motive is far fr
Julie Lacey
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Three months after solving his last case, DI Tudor Manx leads a harrowing investigation to catch a killer terrorizing the Isle of Anglesey.
The autopsy soon reveals Sian was eighteen weeks pregnant and when the coroner finds a religious text hidden in the victim’s liver, Manx suspects this could be the work of a serial kill

M
Monica Mac
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
After reading Anglesey Blue, I had been looking forward to connecting with DI Tudor Manx again, and I was not disappointed with this book in the slightest.

This is one tense, twisty, turny read! It is a complex story of revenge, of brain washing, of abuse and religion. How the author thinks of all of these things and how they all come together in a cohesive story, is a testament to the storytelling skill of the author, for sure.

Tudor Manx is a detective who has his hands full with th
Susan Angela Wallace
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Doll face by Dylan Jones.
This was a fantastic read. I loved the story and the characters.
DI Tudor Monk leads harrowing investigation to catch a killer.
After the first victim sian Conway
the body count starts rising.
the case takes a shocking turn when footage of sians murder is discovered.
what's the killers real motive?
Will Tudor catch the killer?
This book kept me guessing til the author wanted it revealed.
wasn't what I thought.
great ending. 5*.
Fiona (Titch) Hunt
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just to say I've never read anything by this author. I haven't read the 1st of the series yet, but I will.

This was suggested for me to read as I like crime/thrillers. It confused me slightly as I hadn't read book 1, but as I slowly got into the story and what the characters was like, I felt like it was going to a page turner for me.

It makes you think you know who the murderer is, who's involved and for what reason the killer's motive was, but it had me guessing at each corner. I was
Katie
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, crime
Review to comeDoll Face is the second book in the brilliant Tudor Manx series however you don’t have to read the first one to follow this one. I’m a huge fan of serial killer thrillers and this one is absolutely brilliant. There are lots of twists to the story – some I guessed at, many others I didn’t!

Dylan’s writing is fabulous – he draws you in to the book and doesn’t let go until you’ve read the very last page. The story is quite creepy – I think I’d have been petrified if I saw t
Denise Zendel
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Three months after solving a media sensation case, DI Tudor Manx is right back in the spotlight with a harrowing investigation involving a possible serial killer on the Isle of Anglesey. People who at first appear to be unconnected are being gruesomely killed in a similar fashion (hands and feet bound together, throat slashed, and a religious text in a tiny bottle hidden in their liver). Manx and his team must sift through a host of suspects with hidden motives to find the real killer and when o ...more
Joyce
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

DI Manx Tudor has returned to Wales after spending several years at he Met in London.

Manx and his team are called out initially to investigate the brutal murder of a woman named Sian Conway. Sian recently left her husband Liam and, initially he is the suspect. He has a very bad temper and proves it by punching Manx upon meeting him.

During the autopsy, the pathologist discovers that Sian is eighteen weeks pregnant. He also finds some very odd and perplexing clues. The presenc
Nicki Southwell
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second Tudor Manx story, which is a good standalone one, after Anglesey Blue. Here is a character who is very interesting and I think there will be a lot more to find out about him as time goes on.

His reluctant return from the Met to Anglesey has not been without its dramas. Only three months after his first case, murdered body of |Sian, is found. Their enquiries immediately begin with her boss Kimble McClain and ex-partner Liam Fowler.

The pace is steady and t
Misfits farm
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A woman is found murdered and eviscerated- a message having been placed in a body part adds to the macabra nature of the killer. She was Skyping her friend a short time beforehand. Could this give clues to the killers identity- and why is something just not quite right. DI Manx again has his work cut out to solve the crime and his team around him each with their own issues. A good solid storyline and I like that there is some back story to some of the main characters. This is the second in the D ...more
Donna Maguire

I loved the view points used to tell this story, I will admit that I really enjoy books that are told from the killers point of view as I love the insight we get in to their minds.

I found this one easy to read and the story was gripping. The pace was spot on and I flew through the book taking just a few hours to devour the story. I did guess who the killer was quite early on but that didn't detract at all from my enjoyment - it is very well written and I loved the writing st
Carole Benson
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better than...

Anglesey Blue. This book is a blinder building on the foundations set in the first book in the series. A complex tale of abuse & religion leading to a a large body count. Can DI Manx Tudor stop the loss of more lives and also find out why the spectre of his past is re-emerging.
Silver Surfer
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant book. It’s so good read it in one day. I love a good thriller mystery and this is as good as it gets. Another author to add to my must read list. If you like police procedurals you love this. Highly recommended must read.
Ron Murphy
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really a page turner

I'd give this book a 4 1/2 if I could. The plot was good, if a bit creepy, but that's what made it so good. I have enjoyed both books in this series and I'm looking forward to the third. But I would like to learn more about Manx as a person and his background. And I would love it to include more information about Anglesey. I visited Cardiff, Wales, and have to say that all the people I met were exceptionally nice.
Andi
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought that this book was good. I did find it a little bit disjointed and there are lots of references to the previous book in the series which I hadn't read, maybe I needed to to understand some of it.
Thanks to Dylan H Jones and Bloodhound Books for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Yvette OHara
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book which kept you guessing, really enjoyed and will read more from this author
Andrew Lone
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
DI tudor Manx and his team are given a complex case to solve where people on the island are viscously killed by a serial killer can Manx solve before another one is murdered
mike clark
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good read series is getting better looking forward to next installment. Hope all goes on the romance front.
Carol
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
A good police procedural which I enjoyed but I wasn’t ‘gripped’ by
Graham
Apr 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Good story - looking forward to the plot line developing
Pam
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is one of those books that gently pull you in, then grips you so that your holding your breath until you reach the end, A real "Who Done It" with great characters and such a good story line that I have just purchased the first book in the series, Anglesey Blue.
Emma
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Second in the Tudor Manx series, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I’d read the first book - Anglesey Blue - and whilst it was a decent read, it didn’t blow me away. But Dollface is a huge step up. It immediately grabbed my attention and drew me in, with a fantastically creepy serial killer. When I realised where the name of the book came from, it gave me shivers. Although I’m not hugely enamoured with Manx, the character development has grown.
The author isn’t afraid to shock, painting vivid crime

• The Scent of Guilt (DI Bliss, #2)
  • Unworthy: A Chilling DS Jason Smith Thriller
  • Cut the Threads
  • A Time to Kill (Inspector Drake #5)
  • Blood Bought (DS Lasser #17)
  • Crossed Out (The Harrogate Crime Series Book 6)
  • Faceless (DI Rosalind Kray, #1)
  • Their Final Act (DI Alec McKay Book 3)
  • Murder on the Old Bog Road
  • This Little Piggy (DI Rosalind Kray, #2)
  • Snow Fallen
  • Flotsam and Jetsam (Inspector Torquil McKinnon #4)
  • Mark of the Devil (Inspector Jim Carruthers, #3)
  • The Gathering Murders (Inspector Torquil McKinnon, #1)
  • A Cold Cold Heart
  • A Breach of Trust (DCI John Blizzard, #5)
  • Their Last Words (Detective Superintendent Ray Paterson #1)
  • Proof of Life (DCI Miller #6)

DI Tudor Manx (2 books)
  • Anglesey Blue (DI Tudor Manx, #1)