Start by marking “The Execution Factor: The One Skill That Drives Success” as Want to Read:
The Execution Factor: The One Skill That Drives Success

The Execution Factor: The One Skill That Drives Success

Learn the best-kept secret of the world's most successful entrepreneurs: EXECUTION!
Kim Perell made headlines for her amazing transformative story of a startup entrepreneur to an internationally renowned CEO and prominent angel investor. From her modest beginnings at her kitchen table, she went from broke to multi-millionaire in just a few short years. Today, she has
Published September 10th 2018 by McGraw-Hill Education

To ask other readers questions about The Execution Factor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Execution Factor

Start your review of The Execution Factor: The One Skill That Drives Success
Joseph Newell
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
It's...it's fine. Probably super helpful for high school students or those without a clue how to tackle goals emotionally. Nothing here is going to blow your mind, but it has some good general advice for how to explicitly state a goal and strengthen your ability to follow up on it. I did get some value out of it.
Alison Jones
I seem to be in a minority here, but I found this hard going. I listened to the audio book and found the (US) narrator's voice nasal and grating, which didn't help. But the main issue is that there's only so many times you can hear someone tell you about their massive success story and how gritty and focused they are before it tips over from inspiring into irritating. There's an earnest humourlessness about this book which makes it hard going, although I can't fault the message. Execution is ...more
Nick Lashinsky
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In The Execution Factor, Kim Perell shares what she learned in her journey as an entrepreneur, starting her first company from her kitchen table after she had been laid off and was broke. The advice is practical, easy to follow and relevant for everyone, no matter the stage of your career. Looking at your goals every day, taking actions to get you closer to your goal vs just being busy and ensuring you have the right people in your life are excellent lessons that I'll apply and carry forward. ...more
Zohreh Avatefi hafez
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In first blink I think this book is something like success magazine’s article but i find it useful and good for Entrepreneurs and any one who tried to find their ways to success.
در نگاه اول يك كتاب معمولي و شبيه به كتابهاي تبليغاتي موفقيت است
ولي در نهايت كتاب پر مغز و خوبي براي جويندگان راهكارهاي موفقيت به نظر مي رسد
Michael Huang
Jan 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: blinkisted
[sounds like having a few good points worth reading]
Amanda
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring & Honest Read From Someone Who’s Recovered from Failure & Become Very Successful

The book is very simple yet impactful in structure and breaks the skill of Execution into 5 simple traits anyone can apply to business and also how to have more success in life. The profound honesty and vulnerability that comes across in the book shows Perell is also relatable - she's failed, made mistakes, lost her job, not been the one identified as the "smart" kid, and still went on to become a
Mark Manderson
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I did a quick read using Blink and hit these as the main takeaways:

Having a vision provides you with guidance on your journey to success.

You should be able to clearly articulate your vision in a single sentence, and, in your mind’s eye, you should be able to clearly see it coming to fruition.

To confirm and pursue your vision, you should test it out, visualize it, remind yourself of it and prioritize it.

Celebrate both small and big wins!

When beginning to pursue your vision, the key is to act by
Jaime Reber
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was really excited to start this book since as a business owner I do find that I have time with Executing my ideas. This book was fantastic for showing the different values people need to be successful in execution but also how those values can be the downfall. I enjoyed being able to take her information and self-reflect on my own good and bad habits.

I was actually surprised at the outcome, and the awareness that it created. I feel I am already implementing some of the skills learned in the
Farooq Mazhar
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: strategy
It is very simple read that explained 5 key skills of execution - Vision, Passion, Actions, Resilience, and Relationship. In our day to day life we get many ideas but we keep them inside our intellectual box and never attempt to take first step. if we take first step without worrying much about results, we could trigger execution. However, all we need is vision and passion....once we know that, we can work on relationship ( for team work) and actions (not just thinking or planning).
Nick
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
And here I thought execution was just getting on with it. Kim Perell set me straight in this smart, fast read. Execution requires five things: vision, passion, action, resilience and relationships. Kim makes a good case for each one, and her advice is clear, actionable, and practical under each heading. The vision section is particularly helpful for people who just prefer doing. Kim makes a good case for working out where you're headed before you start down the road.
Beth Katz
Feb 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book was painful to read, I read it for a professional bookclub and I absolutely hated it. I listened to it on audible and the reader was horrendous. I am glad she got her red jeep and invetro fertilization and looked at how she was going to sell her company everyday for millions... boring!!!!
Mohamed Gamal
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kim and I, had several mutual factors including her visions, dreams and also her goals. What really attracted me to the book. how easy and descriptive the traits look like, also how she was reflecting the traits to real life experiences. I really enjoyed the book, and i highly recommend it to anyone who leads by vision and getting out of the norm.
Lifu Tao
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I saw Kim speak in person at the Entrepreneur’s conference and she is the real deal. She doesn’t just talk the talk she walks the walk. She also brought a gazillion copies of this book to the conference for people to take, I took 2 copies. One for myself and one to gift to a friend.
I recommend this book to anybody who has ideas and wants to execute them to their full potential.
Francis Ramirez
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good inspiring lecture.

Will recommend to my coworkers.
Like the simple with on how situations where described.
Emotional, good history that explains all struggles entrepreneurs go through every day.
Juan Pablo Moncada
Great!

Well written, enjoyable, apprentice driven. Thanks to all this wisdom shared in these pages, many of us will take our lives in a different manner.
Xin Ni
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vision, passion, action, resilience, relationships
Paige
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, blinkist
Not much new info but good for beginners
Katie
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Blink
Too driven and self centered for me
Nancy
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good book how ever I do wish the author had done more to make it more interesting.I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
Sasi Dinesh
Apr 03, 2019
chippyvale
May 20, 2019
Priya
rated it did not like it
May 05, 2019
Nelly
Mar 14, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• 5 Gears: How to Be Present and Productive When There Is Never Enough Time
  • Aware: The Science and Practice of Presence--A Complete Guide to the Groundbreaking Wheel of Awareness Meditation Practice
  • Company of One: Why Staying Small Is the Next Big Thing for Business
  • The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload
  • New Power: How Power Works in Our Hyperconnected World—and How to Make It Work for You
  • Practically Radical: Not-So-Crazy Ways to Transform Your Company, Shake Up Your Industry, and Challenge Yourself
  • How Not to Worry: The Remarkable Truth of How a Small Change Can Help You Stress Less and Enjoy Life More
  • Insight: Why We're Not as Self-Aware as We Think, and How Seeing Ourselves Clearly Helps Us Succeed at Work and in Life
  • Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason
  • The People Vs Tech: How the Internet Is Killing Democracy (and How We Save It)
  • Be Fearless: 5 Principles for a Life of Breakthroughs and Purpose
  • Think Like an Entrepreneur, Act Like a CEO
  • Blitzscaling: The Lightning-Fast Path to Building Massively Valuable Companies
  • The Personality Brokers: The Strange History of Myers-Briggs and the Birth of Personality Testing
  • The Storytelling Animal: How Stories Make Us Human
  • Back to Human: How Great Leaders Create Connection in the Age of Isolation
  • Curate This!: The Hands-On, How-To Guide To Content Curation
  • The Strength Switch: How the New Science of Strength-Based Parenting Can Help Your Child and Your Teen to Flourish
“It’s critical that your belief in yourself is stronger anyone else’s doubt.” 1 likes
“Crossing off things on a to-do list means nothing if those things are not directly related in some way to your North Star.” 0 likes