Start by marking “Lost Bastard (Dark Sparrow, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lost Bastard (Dark Sparrow, #1)

Lost Bastard

(Dark Sparrow #1)

Deva Landry is relieved to be rescued from the MC princess life. But now the angel who saved her is back to collect payment.

The cost? Deva is assigned to babysit bad-boy cage fighter Aleksei Voronov, forcing her back into the murky underworld of Chicago. Prepared for the worst, she’s shocked to uncover a kindred spirit, a wounded soul like hers. Chaos strikes and the two
Published March 10th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Lost Bastard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Bastard

Mandie
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, arc
Holy Smokes!! This book was wild, and sexy!! So dark, and intense! It totally wasn’t what I expected when I started reading it, but it ended up being so much more! I couldn’t put it down!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own
Edie Baylis
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is... Brilliant!

Out of a wish to help and to honour an old debt, Deva is forced to return to a life she had tried (and succeeded) to leave behind. Promising herself this return would only be temporary as she was catapulted back into the world she'd removed herself from, she worryingly found herself falling in love with Aleksei - who was involved in all the things she didn't want and feared this would be her downfall.
I'm not going to give the plot away, but I will say this was a sup
Maya Daniels
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m not sure how to review it without sounding like a teenage fan girl. I did not expect this story to take me on such an emotional ride. The author gives such depth to the characters that it’s impossible to stay disconnected from everything they go through. Being born in the world of MCs and faking your death does not mean staying hidden forever for Deva. Now she must return the favor that gave her new life and identity. Meeting Aleksei Voronov is just the start of her troubles that might cost ...more
Sherry Haynes
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got started reading India Kells when I read the first book of Women of Purgatory series. I am not disappointed to find that characters from that series have rolled over into this series.

If you like action suspense books with strong women and alpha males, then you can't go wrong with this book. It has everything a reader needs for a page turner: mafia, syndicate, bikers, underground fighting with just enough mystery to keep you guessing.

looking forward to seeing what's going to happen next wit
Holly Barbo
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A nice contemporary thriller.
Fast paced. Full of twists and unexpected paths. I could write the whole review with short statements like this. This is a well written story with a number of convoluted layers. The characters are complex and the story line covers knowledge I wouldn’t know where to begin to research. I am impressed with this page-turner and look forward to reading other books in this series.
Nikki Landis

Wow! Lost Bastard completely swept me away! Such a wonderful story and romance.

This book has so many twists and turns, so many revelations, and the deep connection of two people who are from different sides of the same destructive and violent world. Very well-written, filled with passion, sensuality, and sex scenes that will literally set your kindle on fire. There's a lot of tension and the story builds at an exciting pace. Couldn't put it down!

I LOVED this book and Dena and Aleksei. 5 exciti
Ellie Midwood
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lazarus King is a bastard, who has one goal: secure his and his brothers’ existence when his own father will do anything possible and impossible to use his children for his malicious goals. This particular installment concentrates mainly on Lazarus’s brother, Aleksei, an MMA fighter with ties to the Russian Bratva. To keep an eye on him, Lazarus and his long-time friend and colleague Beatrice, hire a physical therapist Deva; only, Deva is also not who she seems and soon these two lost souls find ...more
Gwen Pendley
A strong, independent woman? Check
A sexy, alpha man? Check
Off the charts chemistry? Check
Mystery, intrigue, suspense? Check
Family issues? Check
Going down a path you swore you would never go down again? Check

What happens when repaying a promise takes you down that path you swore you would never go down again? When you realize that you may not make it out alive, do you cut your losses and run or stick it out? These are questions that Deva is faced with. As the story develops we find out how truly
Louise Jackson
Loved how this book didn't cut any corners. Motorbike gangs and caged fighting are not for the faint hearted, but the author does a brilliant job of making you turn the pages. Loved the characters too. Deva is brilliantly portrayed. No wimpering girlie stuff here. She's as hard as a nut and not easy to crack. Alexski is dark and dirty and so easy to love! the attraction is palpable and his pain almost heartbreaking when he thinks he's going to lose the woman of his dreams. Such intense scenes!

Th
Anita Louise
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even though this isn’t the type of romance novel I usually read, this story captured my attention and kept it all the way through. The characters are believable—flawed and vulnerable while at the same time strong and very likeable. The author gives a glimpse into the underworld of motorcycle clubs and mafia without the use of graphic violence and gore (which I very much appreciated.) The romantic aspects of the book were also very well done.

I very much enjoyed reading this novel and gave it 5 s
Connie Lafortune
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lost Bastard was a steamy, hot read about an MC club masterfully called Dark Sparrow. This book was unlike any MC romance I've ever read before because it was thrilling and addictive without the bloody carnage. Kudos to Ms. Kells for penning a sought after trope but putting her own spin on it.

Deva and Aleksi had a heart-stopping chemistry that leapt off the pages and immediately grabbed the readers attention. Great start to this series and I can't wait to dive into book two. I highly recommend
Laila Viking
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A well written story with nice storyline and plot. It is fast paced and has a lot going on. The drama, action, passion, chemistry, darkness, pain and twists and turns makes it worth the read. The characters are well described and they develop nicely through the book.
Two lost souls with a lot of dark bagage from their past meets and they have to find themselves and help each other out of the darkness. They are very strong but has to get through their past and all the madness that are thrown on th
T.N. Traynor
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly gripping tale.
Escaping the motorcycle gangs once, Deva finds herself drawn back in.
She risks everything she is to repay a debt to a woman who once helped her.
Amongst the fear and steel-like determination, Deva finds true love.
The intensity of the love she finds is breathtaking.
This is an extremely well-written hot-romance book.
C.L.
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant read

I loved this story from start to finish. You could feel the chemistry between Deva and Aleksi and I started rooting for them from almost the moment they met. Without giving anything away the plot had me gripped and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next I nstallment of this series!
Book-Lovin-Momma
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the start of an amazing new series about smart, strong women who are incredibly brave. Lost Bastard grabbed my attention from the very first chapter, and it was an exciting and thrilling adventure! Great storytelling with some sexy spy games, and also a bit of humor injected at times. I'm a new fan!
Dorothea Lynne
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lost Bastard is a unique, action packed, suspense filled, sexy story. Although the story is full of peril and exciting adventure, it was the sexy romance that left me unable to put it down. The story is well written with an intriguing plot and well developed characters.
Glenda Bettin
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked the book but why just the 1 POV, it's so outdated
Michele Del Rey
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. I thought the dynamic between these two was so good. The chemistry was coming off the pages. Really enjoyed.
lorraine
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars, favorites
4.5 stars. A good story and I am looking forward to the next in the series. With a few changes it could have been 5 stars.
Amber Neal
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Book

Loved how this book just draws you in. The main character, Deva is stronger than she think. I can't wait to read the next installment in this series.
Cherime MacFarlane
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story held my interest. It is a unique tale and I enjoyed this read immensely. Quite the wild tale.
Brianna Masson
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Must read

This definitely took me by surprise.. I have to honest when I started reading i could not get into it However once the book started to pick up i couldnt hardly put my phone down hopefully dont have to wait to long for book 2.
Nadine Travers
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book for the first of the series, anxious to read next book
Kari Kaz
Jun 17, 2018
Mrs Susan Taylor
Mar 15, 2018
Brianna York
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Here the reader will find a world replete with intelligent and heroic characters, deception and darkness, adventure and danger and above all, companionship and true love. A tale of rising from the ashes like a Pheonix, this wonderful read is full of heart, gumption and a cast of characters you are sorry to have to leave when it's all over. Splendid.
Diana
Jun 18, 2018
samantha mannix
Apr 19, 2018
Suzanne
Dec 01, 2018
Larissa
Aug 23, 2018
Writing for me is like being caught in the eye of a storm and loving every single minute of it.

Dear courageous readers, who dared to thread inside my wild imagination, filled with adventures of amazing women and courageous men, welcome to my world. When all seems to be lost, strength, intelligence and love will help my heroes fight back darkness, and find their way to each other. And you know what

Dark Sparrow (2 books)
  • Cold Bastard (Dark Sparrow #2)