Start by marking “Lost Bastard (Dark Sparrow, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lost Bastard (Dark Sparrow, #1)

Lost Bastard

(Dark Sparrow #1)

Deva Landry is relieved to be rescued from the MC princess life. But now the angel who saved her is back to collect payment.

The cost? Deva is assigned to babysit bad-boy cage fighter Aleksei Voronov, forcing her back into the murky underworld of Chicago. Prepared for the worst, she’s shocked to uncover a kindred spirit, a wounded soul like hers. Chaos strikes and the two
Published March 10th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Lost Bastard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Bastard

Start your review of Lost Bastard (Dark Sparrow, #1)
Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
This book is AWESOME.

I've never read one of India's books before, but I absolutely LOVED it! A truly gripping romantic suspense, it features Deva, a strong and independent woman who tries to forget her past but, at the same time, isn't afraid to use what she learned from it.

And Aleksei, who was seemingly one person but turned out to be someone completely different...a twist that was sort of thrown in at the end but one that I never saw coming.

The chemistry between Deva and Aleksei definitely siz
Edie Baylis
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is... Brilliant!

Out of a wish to help and to honour an old debt, Deva is forced to return to a life she had tried (and succeeded) to leave behind. Promising herself this return would only be temporary as she was catapulted back into the world she'd removed herself from, she worryingly found herself falling in love with Aleksei - who was involved in all the things she didn't want and feared this would be her downfall.
I'm not going to give the plot away, but I will say this was a sup
Coco.V
Sep 06, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (9/6/2020)! 🎁
Nikki Landis

Wow! Lost Bastard completely swept me away! Such a wonderful story and romance.

This book has so many twists and turns, so many revelations, and the deep connection of two people who are from different sides of the same destructive and violent world. Very well-written, filled with passion, sensuality, and sex scenes that will literally set your kindle on fire. There's a lot of tension and the story builds at an exciting pace. Couldn't put it down!

I LOVED this book and Dena and Aleksei. 5 exc
Maya Daniels
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m not sure how to review it without sounding like a teenage fan girl. I did not expect this story to take me on such an emotional ride. The author gives such depth to the characters that it’s impossible to stay disconnected from everything they go through. Being born in the world of MCs and faking your death does not mean staying hidden forever for Deva. Now she must return the favor that gave her new life and identity. Meeting Aleksei Voronov is just the start of her troubles that might cost ...more
Sherry Haynes
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got started reading India Kells when I read the first book of Women of Purgatory series. I am not disappointed to find that characters from that series have rolled over into this series.

If you like action suspense books with strong women and alpha males, then you can't go wrong with this book. It has everything a reader needs for a page turner: mafia, syndicate, bikers, underground fighting with just enough mystery to keep you guessing.

looking forward to seeing what's going to happen next wit
Holly Barbo
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A nice contemporary thriller.
Fast paced. Full of twists and unexpected paths. I could write the whole review with short statements like this. This is a well written story with a number of convoluted layers. The characters are complex and the story line covers knowledge I wouldn’t know where to begin to research. I am impressed with this page-turner and look forward to reading other books in this series.
Angela Shirley
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ibbb-reviews
When you get drawn back into the life you thought you have left behind, will she have the courage to loss everything for love.

Deva owes everything she has to one woman who she promised in return one favour, but she she receives a phone call activating "Dark Sparrow" Deva gets worried that she will be drawn into the world she left behind.

Alexsei has fought hard in life literally as he is involved within the underground MMA fighting scene, until one day with the gym he sees her from the ring. He d
Mandy Kim
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5/5 Stars

Lost Bastard (A Dark Sparrow #1) by India Kells

This is the first book in A Dark Sparrow Series. This is the first book I've read by the author, but it won't be my last. Kells has really done a great job writing this.

Deva, a Dark Sparrow, goes to help Lazarus. He wants to watch his brothers and make sure he's kept out of harm's way. Little does Deva know that the brother is going to capture her heart. The quote I chose for Deva is: “I agree. And I couldn’t stop thinking about what Finch
Ellie Midwood
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lazarus King is a bastard, who has one goal: secure his and his brothers’ existence when his own father will do anything possible and impossible to use his children for his malicious goals. This particular installment concentrates mainly on Lazarus’s brother, Aleksei, an MMA fighter with ties to the Russian Bratva. To keep an eye on him, Lazarus and his long-time friend and colleague Beatrice, hire a physical therapist Deva; only, Deva is also not who she seems and soon these two lost souls find ...more
Carolyn
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lost Bastard is the first book in the Dark Sparrows Series. It is a fantastic book and gets the series started with a bang. Beatrice Dante, founder of Purgatory, has a special name for the people she rescues...Dark Sparrows. They agree to return a favor if and when she needs it. She needs a favor now and Physical Therapist Deva Landry has the skill set she needs. Ten years after her rescue Deva is returning to Chicago to help keep one of Lazarus King’s brothers safe from their megalomaniac fathe ...more
Gwen Pendley
A strong, independent woman? Check
A sexy, alpha man? Check
Off the charts chemistry? Check
Mystery, intrigue, suspense? Check
Family issues? Check
Going down a path you swore you would never go down again? Check

What happens when repaying a promise takes you down that path you swore you would never go down again? When you realize that you may not make it out alive, do you cut your losses and run or stick it out? These are questions that Deva is faced with. As the story develops we find out how truly
Anita Louise
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even though this isn’t the type of romance novel I usually read, this story captured my attention and kept it all the way through. The characters are believable—flawed and vulnerable while at the same time strong and very likeable. The author gives a glimpse into the underworld of motorcycle clubs and mafia without the use of graphic violence and gore (which I very much appreciated.) The romantic aspects of the book were also very well done.

I very much enjoyed reading this novel and gave it 5 s
Louise Jackson
Loved how this book didn't cut any corners. Motorbike gangs and caged fighting are not for the faint hearted, but the author does a brilliant job of making you turn the pages. Loved the characters too. Deva is brilliantly portrayed. No wimpering girlie stuff here. She's as hard as a nut and not easy to crack. Alexski is dark and dirty and so easy to love! the attraction is palpable and his pain almost heartbreaking when he thinks he's going to lose the woman of his dreams. Such intense scenes!

Th
Laila Viking
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A well written story with nice storyline and plot. It is fast paced and has a lot going on. The drama, action, passion, chemistry, darkness, pain and twists and turns makes it worth the read. The characters are well described and they develop nicely through the book.
Two lost souls with a lot of dark bagage from their past meets and they have to find themselves and help each other out of the darkness. They are very strong but has to get through their past and all the madness that are thrown on th
Connie Lafortune
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lost Bastard was a steamy, hot read about an MC club masterfully called Dark Sparrow. This book was unlike any MC romance I've ever read before because it was thrilling and addictive without the bloody carnage. Kudos to Ms. Kells for penning a sought after trope but putting her own spin on it.

Deva and Aleksi had a heart-stopping chemistry that leapt off the pages and immediately grabbed the readers attention. Great start to this series and I can't wait to dive into book two. I highly recommend
Courtney Ranee
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I went into this series backwards and started with the 4th book. While they can all be read as stand-alones, I will say that this is such an enjoyable ride when you start at the beginning! I love the world that India has built here. This is the first I've really read of her novels and I can't wait to sweep through her entire list.
I've got a real weak spot for suspense mixed in with my romance and this book hit that craving. Deva was such a strong heroine, and Aleksei stole the show with his dev
Book-Lovin-Momma
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the start of an amazing new series about smart, strong women who are incredibly brave. Lost Bastard grabbed my attention from the very first chapter, and it was an exciting and thrilling adventure! Great storytelling with some sexy spy games, and also a bit of humor injected at times. I'm a new fan!
C.L.
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant read

I loved this story from start to finish. You could feel the chemistry between Deva and Aleksi and I started rooting for them from almost the moment they met. Without giving anything away the plot had me gripped and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next I nstallment of this series!
T.N. Traynor
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly gripping tale.
Escaping the motorcycle gangs once, Deva finds herself drawn back in.
She risks everything she is to repay a debt to a woman who once helped her.
Amongst the fear and steel-like determination, Deva finds true love.
The intensity of the love she finds is breathtaking.
This is an extremely well-written hot-romance book.
Naomi Valkyrie
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an intense story. I love how strong of a character Deva is. She hits a great balance of fierce and feminine. I enjoyed the way the layers of backstory were dripped throughout. The timing of it added depth and emotion. There is an emotional moment in chapter thirty-seven. Not going to lie, I teared up. Lost Bastard is a stellar read. You won’t be able to put it down.
Jackie
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Deva, a strong and independent woman who has to return to a life she left behind to repay an old debt. She meets and begins to fall for Aleksei, who is an MMA fighter and deeply involved in the life Deva promised to never return to.

I don't normally enjoy MC novels, but India's writing brings these characters to life. Highly recommend this for steamy, dark romance lovers
Dorothea Lynne
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lost Bastard is a unique, action packed, suspense filled, sexy story. Although the story is full of peril and exciting adventure, it was the sexy romance that left me unable to put it down. The story is well written with an intriguing plot and well developed characters.
Anita Chaney
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok

I wasn't sure with this book first one I've read by India, it was hard to get into, there is a lot going on in the first few chapters and it took a while to follow but once I got in to it and managed to work it out it was a good read.
Linda Anderson
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Total Package

I was totally all into this book.It definitely has everything! I was so into it that I couldn't put it down. I can't wait for the next book. I am totally into this series. India Tells is my new favorite author!
Piper
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Deva i adore her character forced to leave a life behind finding herself falling in love with the wrong person

Alexsei lives ia a dark dark world. Full of emotion and entertainment a great star to the series.
lorraine
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars, favorites
4.5 stars. A good story and I am looking forward to the next in the series. With a few changes it could have been 5 stars.
Michele Del Rey
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. I thought the dynamic between these two was so good. The chemistry was coming off the pages. Really enjoyed.
Cherime MacFarlane
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story held my interest. It is a unique tale and I enjoyed this read immensely. Quite the wild tale.
Glenda Bettin
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked the book but why just the 1 POV, it's so outdated

• Distant Heart Sounds
  • Accountability (Scope of Practice #3)
  • EverMarked
  • Crying Wolf (Black River Pack #1; Fated Mates #1)
  • Devil's Claw: Logan Book 3 (The Logan McKenna Series)
  • Just One Song
  • Shattered
  • House of Illusions:  A Dark Fantasy Romance
  • The Crocodile Makes No Sound (Lord Hani Mysteries #2)
  • Master of Sin (Gods of Vegas, #1)
  • Confidentiality (Scope of Practice #2)
  • Deadly Weapon (Jake Wolfe #5)
  • Heartbreak Rebellion (Hero High, #4)
  • Secure Again (Chase Security Series Book 2)
  • Accepted
  • Her Blackened Soul (The Blackened, #1)
  • Center of Gravity (Ice Tigers #2)
  • Forest Park: Logan Book 2 (The Logan McKenna Series)
India Kells is a romantic suspense and paranormal romance author from Montreal, Canada. Her idea of heaven is cozying up on her sofa during cold winter nights, reading lots and lots of books. Inside her wild imagination, she weaves stories filled with the adventures of kickass women and courageous alpha men. When India’s not writing about sexy thieves, dashing soldiers and cunning villains, she’s ...more

Dark Sparrow (3 books)
  • Cold Bastard (Dark Sparrow #2)
  • Wild Bastard