Start by marking “Your Mother Was a Neanderthal #4” as Want to Read:
Your Mother Was a Neanderthal #4

Your Mother Was a Neanderthal #4 (Time Warp Trio #4)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  800 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Everyone’s favorite time-travelers are changing their styles!  The Time Warp Trio series now features a brand-new, eye-catching design, sure to appeal to longtime fans, and those new to Jon Scieszka’s wacky brand of humor.
Published May 24th 1993 by Viking Books for Young Readers (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Your Mother Was a Neanderthal #4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Mother Was a Neanderthal #4

Sri
Apr 09, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Time Warp Trio books is about three boys: Joe, Sam and Fred. Sam is the nerd, Fred the bad boy and Joe... What can I say about Joe? I don't remember he got any unique character... He likes magic, that's all. Sam and Fred is hilarious but my favorite character is Fred.
Your Mother Was a Neanderthal is pretty funny. It was started by Sam's idea about taking useful things with them when they do time-traveling. And they think the farther back in time they go, the more impressive their things will be.
Flint
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this signed by Jon at my neighbor's party a few years back, I have most of the series and most are signed. I have Frank Einstein signed, and I have the stinky cheese man, the true story of the 3 little pigs- It's safe to say I like Jon's work. When I was younger it was a good read while I was supposed to be asleep. I really enjoyed these books and they're great from kids around elementary age.
Maximilian Lee
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book because I learned what a neanderthal is. I also liked this book because in this book Joe, Fred and Sam are really funny again.
Chris Maynard

Student Name: Chris Maynard

Purpose: Fantasy (Wide Reading Project)

Genre: Fantasy

Grade: Intermediate - Early Middle School

Subjects/Themes: See the bookshelves above.

School Use: I would not teach this book at all as I did not like it. With that said, I borrowed it from the classroom library of a sixth-grade teacher whom I was observing. In a similar light, a classmate of mine named Lizabeth said this book and the Time-Warp-Trio series were very popular with her middle school students. With that
Tabitha
Independent Reading: 3rd- 4th grade

Scieszka told the story of the “Time Warp Trio-Your Mother was a Neanderthal” using figurative language and imagery. This story is told from a child’s point of view with adventure and suspense. Smith added black and white sketches that were scattered about and were specific to the main point on the page. These sketches were done in such a way that I believe it is a transitional science fiction chapter book that is giving a little of that visual support to the r
Christina
Once again, the boys are sent back in time; this time, they travel to the Stone Age. They meet up with some cave people and the matriarch looks strikingly like Joe's mother. How did that happen? The boys must battle a dinosaur- what? A dinosaur? That doesn't sound right. Well they have to battle all sorts of things. You are just going to have to read the book to find out what a dinosaur was doing alongside cavemen and how the boys are going to get back to their own time long without The Book sin ...more
Dolly
Mar 15, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We've read a few books in the Time Warp Trio series and they are fun. The boys are always getting themselves into tricky situations, there's always some drama, some danger, and yet it always comes out okay in the end. Jon Scieszka is a wonderful author and when he collaborates with Lane Smith, they make a great team. We are certain to look for more titles in this series at our local library. I like the twist that he put in this story. Since they went to a time over 40,000 years ago, long before ...more
Tanya
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this series/author to bring history alive for a kid. The reading level on this in my experience is around 2nd grade, enough words and sufficient vocabulary to be interesting but not overwhelming in length. We read this one during a study of early humans as a fun fictional read. My son (a so-so reader, age 7) had a week to read this and read it in two days, which says a lot about how much he enjoyed it.
Tyler
Sep 24, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids
i read this book when i was alot younger but i still remember it because i liked it alot. This series of books was good because they were really funny and i always wanted to find out what would happen in the next book in the series. I chose this book to do a review on because it was the favourite one in the series that i liked. The series is about 3 boys who go back in tie to diffrent periods of time and they get in lots of trouble.
Kristine Hansen
I think the author is getting better at the flashback beginning because this book read a lot smoother to me. I liked this story - it was creative and funny in how it handled sending the boys back to the prehistoric period. I liked how they used their wits to solve the problems at hand, and even learned a few things they didn't know along the way. Very good story all around.

Nice little cliff hanger ending too. :D
your mom 1 1 Oct 18, 2012 08:23AM
  • Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Mutant Mosquitoes from Mercury (Ricky Ricotta, #2)
  • The Best Pet of All
  • Welcome to the Bed and Biscuit
  • The Weeping Werewolf (Moongobble and Me, #2)
  • McDuff Saves the Day
  • Robin Hood (Stepping Stones)
  • Aliens for Breakfast
  • Long Road to Freedom (Ranger in Time #3)
  • Farewell, My Lunchbag
  • Trouble at the Arcade (The Hardy Boys: Secret Files, #1)
  • Pop's Bridge
  • Sundiata: Lion King of Mali
  • Look Out, Suzy Goose
  • Beautiful Warrior: The Legend of the Nun's Kung Fu
  • Tutankhamen's Gift
  • Journey to the Volcano Palace (The Secrets of Droon, #2)
  • Katie and the Mona Lisa
  • Wolf!
Jon Scieszka is a writer and teacher. He lives in Brooklyn, New York, with his wife and two children. Occasionally he has been known to howl at the full moon. --from the dust jacket of "The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs"

Jon Scieszka is also the author of the best-selling ALA Notable Book, The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, as well as Knights of the Kitchen Table, and The Not-So-Jolly Roger
More about Jon Scieszka...

Time Warp Trio (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Knights of the Kitchen Table (Time Warp Trio, #1)
  • The Not-So-Jolly Roger (Time Warp Trio #2)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Goofy (Time Warp Trio #3)
  • 2095 (Time Warp Trio, #5)
  • Tut, Tut (Time Warp Trio, #6)
  • Summer Reading is Killing Me! (Time Warp Trio #7)
  • It's All Greek to Me
  • See You Later, Gladiator
  • Sam Samurai (Time Warp Trio, #10)
  • Hey Kid, Want to Buy a Bridge? (Time Warp Trio #11)