Start by marking “Bulletproof (Bulletproof #4)” as Want to Read:
Bulletproof (Bulletproof #4)

Bulletproof

(Bulletproof #4)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Derek has finally met his match!

Derek MacAlister, the wild one. Known for dancing on table tops, partying too hard, and possessing a never-ending thirst for excitement. With his bandmates now settled in committed relationships, he’s the last man standing. The only problem is that he wants to party all night long, but his best friends are content to stay at home. Enter Tra
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 409 pages
Published February 18th 2018 by Beau to Beau Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Bulletproof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bulletproof

Siobhan
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Bulletproof is the first book I have read in Jenna Galicki’s Bulletproof series, and my feelings are rather mixed. I have not read the first three books in the series – The Undercover Rock Star, Branded, and Bassist With Benefits – but I was not at a disadvantage. The prior books tell the stories of the other characters, yet they are not necessary to understand the story in Bulletproof.

As I said, my feelings are rather mixed. Some elements I enjoyed, other elements I wasn’t crazy about. I think
Dara Nelson
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-blog
Parts is this I really loved - Travis and his struggles, Derek struggling to try to help him. Parts of it I didn’t love - how many times do I need to be told about Derek’s hair? I get it. It’s thick and black and long and luxurious. Stop beating me over the head with it. I also didn’t care for the interwoven ‘is he cheating?’ Factor. The story didn’t need it. With Travis’s struggles with his anxiety, this story was beautiful.
Emily Seelye
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, m-m, musicians, virgins
While their bands are on tour together, Derek and Travis end up bonding over the fact they’re both lonely. In the previous books we’ve seen Derek’s band mates and friends fall in love, which often leaves him feeling left out. Despite being together 3 years, Travis only has a working relationship with the rest of his band.

They end of spending most of their free time together in and out of bed and fall in love.

I really loved these two. They could have had a one night stand and went their separat
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Living the rock star life isn’t easy and isn’t for everyone. You truly do have to be Bulletproof to make it in that world. We see a side to Derek and Travis that is not only front and center, but behind the scenes as well. Seeing as this book came not to long after we recently lost some good front men in real life bands, it kinda makes you wonder how much they truly hid from the public and suffered in silence. We also get to see how different the two bands truly function. One functions with a cl ...more
Doris
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Travis is broken and Derek wants to help him heal. Derek and Travis come from different spectrums in their lives with Derek being the famous guitarist for the extremely famous rock band Bulletproof and Travis is the front man for Reckless who is now the opening band for Bulletproof. The only difference is that Travis is a broken man who has lived through a childhood of hell. Even though he has an up and coming band with a #1 song his band members belittle him and want him out of the band. Travis ...more
Ramona
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
Travis and Derek meet when Travis’s band Reckless opens for Bulletproof. Derek watches Travis sing and is instantly intrigued with him. When they meet the attraction is mutual.

Derek is all about the partying, alcohol, drugs, quick hookups. When he meets Travis he isn't thinking about the future. He's all about the here and now. Looking only for the next body to make him happy.

Travis can't believe that Derek from Bulletproof is interested in him. He knows that when Derek finds out the truth about
Steph's Rom Book Talk
As much as I want to continue on with this book I just can't keep going. At 15% this story just wasn't keeping my attention or interest. I won't rate this book and I may come back to it but not sure at this point.

This specific video review will be included in the February 2018 Part 2 Wrap-up.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Rom Book Talk.
Lindsay Crook
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!...Travis Fontana is the most sensitive, beautiful and heartbreaking of all Jenna's rock stars its no wonder Derek falls head over heels for the man...I really loved this story Travis broke my heart with is anxiety and panic attacks..Derek is a party hard sweetheart that gives his whole self to helping Travis..Their just perfect well done Jenna on another fantastic rockstar couple..
Shaz
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it
This book took a lot to get into. It wasn’t until nearly half way through that the story actually became coherent and it turned out to be a reasonably decent story. It even pulled at my heart strings at the end.

There were a few negative parts to it, especially the repeated telling of how long and luscious the MCs hair was.
Chantel
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Heartbreaking! My Favorite Book of this Series!

This is the fourth book of the Bulletproof series. I absolutely fell in love with Derek and Travis's heartbreaking love story. I have followed the amazing group Bulletproof since the beginning, but this book is MY FAVORITE. This story-line was incredible, beautiful, heartbreaking, & breathtaking. It captures your heart, body, and soul.

Jenna Galicki has become one of my favorite rocker authors. I have fallen in love with her writing an
Annie Elm
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First I just have to say that I love stories about rock stars, the playlist in the beginning is awesome and I'm happy I got to read an ARC in exchange for a honest and unbiased review.

I have read the previous books and I love Bulletproof ( both the book and the band).
This book is about the lead guitarist Derek, known for his long hair, his many hook ups and his crazy lifestyle. He loves his life and does whatever he wants to enjoy it and have fun.
When Derek sees the lead singer of their new open
Kathy Aronoff
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ten Things I Love about Jenna Galicki's Bulletproof
I may sound (write) like a broken record but no one does MM romance like Jenna
1. The relationships - You have a front row on Derek & Travis falling for each other, it's not rushed, it just is, as partners-in-crime and then partners in love.
2. I am partial to band books and this one again doesn't disappoint, showing the tight bond between the members of Bulletproof and what happens when bands are not supportive of each other.
3. This book took
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
4 Stars!

Bulletproof is book 4 in the Bulletproof series and while they can be read as standalones, they feature the different members of the band, so you might feel a bit lost as to their stories.

This book is angstier than the previous ones, in the sense that it deals with mental illness. Ms. Galicki did a great job portraying Travis's issues and his downward spiral, which were so different from Derek's party boy ways, even if their escapades were what brought them together in the first place.

B
avid reader 1
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***Possible Spoilers***
Derek got the story he deserved. He has intrigued me from book one. He could be the pattern from which all wild rock stars are made. (As I imagine them to be anyway)
This book is well written and researched. The lifestyle of rock stars is put on display, and if it is not accurate, then the author deserves extra kudos for writing it so well that it seems real. I was able to jump right back into the mindset of that world. I enjoyed seeing the other band members and their mate
Elle
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had only read book one of this series, but didn't find it a problem, when reading this. Afterwards, I went ahead and bought books 2&3 as well.

Travis especially is a very well written character. His struggle with anxiety and depression is heart breaking. Ms Galicki writes realistically about the subject, and really gets into Travis' head. The story is not just a love story, it demonstrates how debilitating mental illness can be, and how it can affect your life and others around you.

I enjo
Cee Brown
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
*✫)4.5 Bulletproof stars
.•.•*)✯ .•*)
✮ (.•✶ (.•`Bulletproof started with a bang and continued throughout the books. The fourth installment of the Bulletproof series, Jenna Galicki has proven that she is rock inspired and delves deep into the epps of its soul. Last of the boys to meet his match, Derek has always been the wild one. He was the one destined to be forever single and partying. Until Travis enetered his sphere and shifted his awareness.

Bulletproof was on the last leg of their yearly to
Kcduchess
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
A rock star romance with M/M pairing. I loved the idea and had high expectations for the story of Derek and Travis. I haven't read the previous books in the series, and it didn't bother me, Bulletproof can be read as standalone.

As a whole, Bulletproof was well written. The comparison between lives of Derek and Travis was one of my favorite parts of the book. I liked how Jenna Galicki portraits two rockstars; the other in the top of his fame and the other just getting his first taste of success.
Ebbie ~Author Groupies
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bulletproof is the forth Book in the Bulletproof series. This is Derek’s Book; all of his band mates have settled down, now it’s time for this wild child to find him someone to love.

Derek has always been the life of the party. He would like to party the night away but his band mates are happy going home to their significant others. Their band is on tour and Derek meets Travis. He might have just literally met his match. Travis is a rebel and loves pushing the limits of a good time. They spark a
Kendra T
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, musicians, own-review
Great continuation to the Bulletproof story. It was awesome to see Derek find someone who makes him happy. Mr. Party-all-the-time-and-never-repeat-hook-ups met his match when he came across Travis. Travis truly had two sides to him-one that the public saw, and one that was private. The connection between Derek and Travis happened quickly, but it was nice that they didn't completely ignore their feelings just for the sake of ignoring them. Travis had a lot of challenges in his past, and it was ha ...more
Beverly Southern Babes Book Blog
Wow I’m not sure where to start. Once again this author has blown me away with her story. I’ve wanted Derek’s story since the beginning an it was such an amazingly heartbreaking beautiful story.

Travis just really broke my heart. His past was horrible. He’s trying to live his life. On the edge of adrenaline but there are so many things going around in his head that no one can see.

Derek has always made me laugh. He’s always been the funny ,out of his mind guitarist. Always getting into trouble w
michelle Shelly
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love these guys!

I knew, just knew Derek’s story was going to be good. He’s the last of the band to settle down, the Lone Ranger, the party guy. But when he sees Travis on stage, his heart flutters and he knows he has to met this guy.

Travis is broken. He’s had a rough time growing up and tends to get nervous and panic. He’s sensitive, sweet and looking for something or someone to call Home.

My heart broke for Travis. He’s is such a great character and has issues that some of us deal with day to
Joscelyn Smith
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved it. From the moment their eyes met when Derek watched Travis onstage they were both hooked. Travis just pulled at my heartstrings, he just felt himself to be so broken when in reality he was stronger than he knew and Derek, the out of control rockstar playboy, became his rock. I loved how Travis didn't give up, he did the hardest thing ever because he knew he had to fix himself first before he was able to give his entire heart to Derek. The entire book was heartbreakingly good ...more
Heather Rawlins
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved Bulletproof. I know next to nothing about heavy metal, but I loved living vicariously through Travis and Derek. I like when stories include MCs who are have issues and it shows up throughout the story and wasn’t perfectly resolved. There was definitely a hard, fast moving feel to their romance. I loved all the concerts and music. I like when authors include contemporary references, even music I don’t listen to. I also like that the other characters get to continue their story in t ...more
Rebecca Brown
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book number four was a pretty good read. Jenna definitely gets the rock star persona and atmosphere down in this story. I really like the sense of family and brotherly support from each other. Travis and Derek are great characters. You feel you know their background and personalities. Two wild rockers that have this instant attraction. It really knocks them down and at the same time, you see each of them mature because of it. There are a few comical and sad scenes. A great addition to the series ...more
Gail Stroker
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story is beautiful, emotional & heartbreaking at times but you’ll also laugh. Jenna takes you on the full rollercoaster ride in this one. Derek is the wild man and only unattached one in the band but then he meets his match in Travis the beautiful singer in their opening act. These two bring out the best in one another but it’s not a simple ride. Thank you Jenna for this beautiful love story!💙💙
T.L. Travis
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow...just...wow

What an emotional roller coaster! I laughed, I cried, and then I cried some more. Travis pulled at my heartstrings and the mother in me wanted to reach into the pages and hold him. I wanted to take away all the pain from his past and show him there were still good people left in the world. Luckily for my iPad, Derek took care of that or my screen would have been shattered.

Absolutely fantastic!!!
Kaila
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is everything. It is amazing, it is wonderfully written and the characters capture you and make you feel them. The writing makes you feel as if you are a part of them. I feel their emotions and their love. I feel their fear and worry. I love everything about this series.. The music, the men, the band, the friendship, the love, it is all amazing and perfect.
Ashley
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a really fun read! I enjoyed the rockers and how both of them had to learn to set aside time for romance. What I didn't like were some of the characters. Sometimes these characters would act way too young/stupid for their age and initial character. It felt weird in places.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily reviewing it.
Christine
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it

Great continuation of the series. Derek was feeling a little left out with the other guys in committed relationships but then he meets Travis who is just a daring and devil may care as he is. Travis uses his attitude as a way to hide from the pain he feels inside and only Derek can help him find his way.
Booklover82
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed this series and Derek's story was great. Was fun to watch him fall hard for Travis who had so many issues but was so sweet. Hope this isn't the end the series, have loved these guys. Thanks Jenna for ARC, it is always fun to read the books for publish date.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jenna Galicki, Author of Adult Contemporary Romance

Jenna Galicki writes in multiple genres including m/m/f, m/f, and m/m. She is predominantly known for her Radical Rock Stars Series. The Prince of Punk Rock (Radical Rock Stars Book 1) was a finalist in the 2015 Bisexual Book Awards.

Jenna is a strong advocate for LGBT rights and marriage equality. A native New Yorker, she now resides in Southern C

Bulletproof (4 books)
  • The Undercover Rock Star (Bulletproof, #1)
  • Branded (Bulletproof, #2)
  • Bassist With Benefits (Bulletproof, #3)