Start by marking “Astray (Wavesongs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Astray (Wavesongs, #1)

Astray

(Wavesongs #1)

Nick Andrews has grown up in poverty in a tiny village. All his life he’s been told that he’s useless. After getting one scolding too many he decides to go far away, off to sea. But his experience as a farmhand has done little to prepare him for the hardships of a sailor’s life.

When his ship is attacked by pirates, Nick’s life is miraculously spared by the notorious pirate
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 334 pages
Published May 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Astray, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Astray

Start your review of Astray (Wavesongs, #1)
Lost in a Book
4 Stars

*Deep Breath* THIS ENDS ON A EPICALLY MASSIVE CLIFFHANGER!!

Temples.gif

I’m not one of those readers that like can handle a cliffhanger. I’ll eventually read it but I always wait until a series is complete so I can move on to the next book. Immediately. My motto has never been patience is virtue. But you know what I’m even more peeved about besides a surprise cliffhanger??? That I actually really liked this book. I was swept away into the land of pirates and at the end it’s all…

mercy.gif

Note: This book now con
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, m-m, indigo
Avast Ye! Savvy...?

No, probably not, me either really but it sounds cool to talk like a Pirate especially when reviewing a Pirate book and this me hearties, was a Pirate book, one with warnings.

It’s almost impossible for me to rate and review this withougt talking about the warnings so I need to get that out of the way first. They truly had a huge effect on me.

So, let’s talk about the first warning:

Warning: This book ends with a cliffhanger, and it does not have a happy ending. The series as a
Joyfully Jay
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

I love me some pirates. I’m not sure why given their propensity for lawlessness and parrot puns, but they’ve been a fascination for me since childhood. So I was definitely looking forward to Astray. In some ways, it’s an excellent book and in others, it’s a bit of a train wreck. Let’s start with the strong points, shall we? Astray does a wonderful job stripping away the romance of life at sea. Nick’s struggles are portrayed realistically and his misery is palpabl
Santy
I really have conflicted feelings about this book.

On one hand I liked reading about pirates and how they functioned back in the day but on the other hand, it didn’t save this book from being quite boring despite the interesting premise.

This book had the potential for so much more with the story and characters(both the villains and the friendly characters) but that potential was hardly met. Pierce, Jasper, Grey and Goldie are examples of characters that needed to be milked for all their worth and
Leyna
Mar 14, 2018 marked it as not-interested-or-lost-interest
Shelves: lgbtqia
Mari  Cardenas
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

First of all, read the warnings. This book ends on a cliffhanger, a bad one, not that any cliffhangers are good, but this one was especially jarring. This is a pirate book, and as we all know, pirates are not good people, so there's lots of graphic violence and torture. This is just a heads-up, if you're fine with both of those, by all means, pick this book up or if you prefer to wait until the series is done, you can do that, too.

Astray gives us a very realistic, pretty accurate portra
Stacey Jo
This book was provided by the author via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review.

First of all, I love stories with pirates, and this is a good one. Nick, who is 20, is on a ship that is taken over by the pirate captain, Nicholas Hart and his crew. It's a good depiction of pirates because they are vicious and bloody when they attack. But when it comes to their crew, they are loyal to each other and take care of each other. Although there are bad seeds among them and mutiny is a
Riina Y.T.
rated it it was ok
Sep 19, 2019
Ekollon
Apr 22, 2018 marked it as maybe-want-to-read
Note to self: apparently this is a cliffhanger, so wait until the later books are released to read it.
Laura ~Passion flower
Mar 21, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc, mm-romance, fantasy
Astray (Wavesongs, #1) (ARC) was graciously provided to me by Indigo Marketing & Design for an honest review. Review to follow. ...more
Light
Apr 16, 2018
Alisa
added it
Apr 17, 2018

• A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • Love of the Game
  • Starting from Scratch (Starting From, #2)
  • Don't... (Don't... #1)
  • Robby Riverton: Mail Order Bride
  • Agent Bayne (PsyCop, #9)
  • Murder House (PsyCop, #10)
  • Coming Up for Air
  • Stand in Place
Elvira Bell lives in Sweden and spends most of her time writing, reading or watching movies. Her weaknesses include, but are not limited to: vintage jazz, musicals, kittens, oversized tea cups, men in suits, the 18th century, and anything sparkly.

Elvira writes m/m romance and has a penchant for historical settings. She adores all things gothic and will put her characters through hell from time to

Wavesongs (3 books)