Start by marking “Before She Was Mine (Wounded Hearts #1)” as Want to Read:
Before She Was Mine (Wounded Hearts #1)

Before She Was Mine

(Wounded Hearts #1)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  664 Ratings  ·  118 Reviews
Amelia Wilde presents the captivating story of a damaged war hero and the one woman he was never supposed to love...
* AMAZON TOP 100 BESTSELLER *

Don’t look. Don’t touch.

Those were the rules.

It took one heartbeat to fall in love with my best friend’s little sister.
One more to know I could never, ever let it show.
So I broke her heart and left her behind to go to war.

S
Published February 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Before She Was Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before She Was Mine

Vivi Chatzikiriakou
"This book surpassed all my expectations!!! An exquisite, evocative, heart-cracking romance with the most incredible ending."

"I received a complimentary copy of this book and have volunteered to leave a review."

Book rates: 5+stars
Plot: 5+stars
Characters: 5+starts
Writing: 5+stars
Pacing: 5+stars
Cover: 5+stars

My last read was again one of Amelia's Wilde earlier written books. As I have mentioned it on my review for Hate Loving You, the author has improved her writing skills since then and this
Charli (charlithebookprincess)
Amelia Wilde is a new author for me and she certainly will become a regular! Before She Was Mine hit all of my sweet spots in that it's a: military romance, best friend's little sister trope, and something else that would be too spoilery ;)

The Story. Dayton is coasting through life and embracing the punishment he feels that he deserves after a tragic accident in Afghanistan left him without part of his leg. Day's body is starting to protest all of the back breaking work that he enforces on it da
Kelly Green
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
"There was no before, I was always yours."

Holy binge reading batman!!! I started this book at 10:30 at night and then finished it by 2 the next afternoon! (but that's only because a girl has to sleep sometime) I am always a fan of the "brother's best friend" stories, but I really felt like this one took it to a whole other level! I felt like Summer was a very strong woman and exactly the kind of woman that Dayton needed to kick his butt into shape! But of coarse he did not feel like he was deser
♥️Fantasy Land Blog Book Reviewer♥️
I am in-between on this story. I am not big on second chance stories but I love Amelia's books. This is an emotional story and it hits some war issues.

Dayton has PTSD and is dealing with a lot. So when he sees Summer- his best friends sister- all grown up, desire decides to rear its head.

Summer is the strong person in this relationship as there is one. Since Dayton has a lot going on, she seems to be the stable one. Like I said I am on the fence with this story.

For all of Amelia's books, this
Cathy
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. Wow, this was a beautiful story. Amelia really captures a young Summer’s love crush for Dayton. Her brother Wes and Dayton were best friends since childhood and even went in the Marines together.
It was fate that they see each other after many years later. I loved the storyline’s unique concept and the characters were also well written.
I love reading about an underdog finding happiness and a purpose to live a more satisfying life. This
Angie Flanagan
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OH! MY! GOSH!! What a book!!! The crush on Dayton from Summer was so cute as she was so much younger than him. When they met again later on in life, WOW!!!! I loved that part of the book!!!! The struggles that Day has since he had returned, was so heart wrenching, but so heart warming when he realised what he could have!! I Loved what Amelia did with each character and even Alexi! The twists were amazing and weren't over the top either! There were enough and not overboard with things that were h ...more
Sincerely,
So, I only gave this book 2 stars because I really liked Summer. She was smart and brave and caring despite Dayton being a bit of a mess. To be honest though, I loved Dayton too. He was troubled and he was in pain but he looked past it all to make sure Summer got what she deserved. In the end, that's what we all want. No matter what you're going through, we want the person we love to be happy. Dayton proved he could be a great dad and I know he would be a wonderful husband.

What I didn't expect w
Romance Rehab
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Reviews and other fun stuff posted on the Romance Rehab blog: http://www.romancerehab.com/

There was some stuff here that really worked for me, and some stuff that REALLY didn’t. I’ll start with the good:

1. I love a good second-chance romance. And overall, this one worked.

2. The writing was good and the story kept up a nice pace, even with some flashback scenes. (Note: I normally despise flashback scenes, but these were short and sweet and actually helped move the story along.)

3. There was a grit
Judy
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story is one full of emotions about Dayton and Summer. Dayton is a couple years older than Summer and is best friends with her brother, Wes. Day has always seemed larger than life and was there for Summer over the years without a word. Wes and Day join the service and prior to leaving from celebrating with his family after training he kisses Summer and Wes loses it! They serve their time and while in Afghanistan things go wrong and cause permanent damage, to their friendship and their bodie ...more
Armenia
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My brother’s best friend, the hero...4.5 stars!

Dayton “Day” Nash never expected to run into his past. He’s back after a tour in Afghanistan with real injuries and suffering from PTSD. When he meets Summer Sullivan at Heroes On the Homefront as acting placement coordinator, he can’t get over how grown she is.

Everything that’s happened in his life seems to melt away in remembrance of his childhood. Summer, his best friend, Wes, and he were constant companions. And Summer never forgot about Day, he
Becky Dodson
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a really good book! Summer has been crushing on her brother's best friend Dayton before she even understood what she felt for him. Dayton has always known that Summer was special but he's never felt good enough for her. Her brother Wes has been telling her for years to stay away from Dayton, that he's dangerous but Summer knows that Dayton is a good guy and he's always been her hero! After Day and Wes join the military, Summer and Day drift apart and go on with their lives until he shows ...more
Ingrid
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amelia Wilde usually writes fun, fluffy, light-hearted rom-com. Before She Was Mine is a departure from that comedic trope and deals with the serious issue of PTSD. This is a second chance/brother's (former) best friend romance. Summer has crushed on her big brother's best friend, Dayton, since she was 8 years old. Her crush turns into unrequited first love when Dayton saves her from total embarrassment at their high school dance. But her brother, Wes, warns the two off of each other. And then W ...more
Jackie D
Woah.
That. Just. Happened.

*I have goosebumps!*

More than just a brother's best friend romance, the visceral emotional wreckage that wraps around Dayton and Summer is a tantalizing, heartbreaking, and suspense building!
EEK! Oh, the butterflies I have fluttering!
When Dayton walks into Summers office, not looking for the help he's told is needed, Dayton would never have expected to see Summer again, much less be the one to give him the spiel he does not want to hear.
Now that she was though... He c
Charmaine Walker
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book
Oh my goodness...what a fantastic, emotional, heartwarming/heartbreaking story. Yes I needed the tissues and yes it made me laugh but most of all it was a pleasure to read.
Summer and Dayton...wow. If ever there was a woman who loved with a passion it is Summer. She has always loved Dayton, her brothers best friend , even from a young age but never in a million years did she expect to see him at her workplace.....Heroes on the Homefront.
Brianne
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good! Sunny and Dayton are friends as kids through her brother Wes. He protects her and at some point she realizes she has feelings for him as a teenager. Her brother forbids this connection, and they try to respect that. They can't stop their attraction, and it causes a rift in the friendship. Wes and Dayton join the army and leave her behind. When Dayton returns home, he is not the same. In a chance meeting, they are reunited, but Dayton still tries to stay away. Can they over ...more
Heidi
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a well written book that takes you on a rollercoaster of emotions. Dayton and Summer were meant to be, and you can tell by the way Amelia wrote them. The feelings they have for each other and for what has happened in the past just flow on the pages. This story had me hooked from the very beginning and I felt the feelings they were feeling. Dayton and Summer have great chemistry and such a strong connection that just grew over the years they were apart. Amelia touches on the effects ...more
Sharon Richmond
A Definite Must Read Story, OMG, So Good

Before She Was Mine by Amelia Wilde 5 Stars *****

Omg what a Beautiful and Emotional Story!!!

Absolutely Fell in Love with Day and Summer!!

Wow, it's so insane and intense what all they go through, even as teens growing up.
There's So Much Goodness, Heartache, Fear and Passion in the story I couldn't put it down.
And...it has a surprise ending..
A Definite Must Read!! Go, Go Grab it Now!!

Mature readers, strong language and sexual content.

I have voluntarily r
Courtney
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the latest from Amelia Wilde! Dayton and Summer knew each other years ago and their path always lead to them ending up together, but first her family mainly her brother, than age, distance and him not feeling good enough for her stood in the way. Now that their paths have crossed again they have a shot at getting it right, but it still will have some issues to work out. I loved that their story wasn't without drama or roadblocks, but that they find a way to make it work. I voluntarily re ...more
Sharon Moehlmann
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. Want to read a book about given a chance a love? This is the book for you. Summer had a crush on Dayton, her brother’s friend for years. Now he’s back, comes to where she works with veterans & even though he thinks he’s totally bad for her they can’t deny each other. When someone dangerous from his past comes after them both, will he lose her & the baby they’ve created together before they have a chance to be together for good? Have some tissues handy too. I v ...more
Andrea
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Before She Was Mine is a great second-chance romance!! I loved Day and Sunny together. Day has some issues he is working through, but he's strong. He runs into Sunny who is there to help him and some old feelings resurface. This story is one of those where you cannot put it down. Amelia always writes a great story with strong characters and a storyline that reels you in right from the beginning. I highly recommend it!!
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read this ARC book and choose to leave a review. The emotion in this book just keeps going. You feel it from beginning to end. I found it so simple to place myself in each characters position deal with their nightmares. Joy and happiness are hard to hold onto when you haunt yourself but when you have the perfect partner and love of your life every step of the way, the better days are easier to get to.
I loved this book and am on pins and needles for the next one.
Veronica LaRoche
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story is about second chances and never ever letting go again. Summer & Dayton I absolutely love reading about. They both want each other but Dayton’s past comes back and haunts him. They were always meant to be and Day deserves to have a HEA. This story will have you glued too your kindle and definitely have you teary-eyed. I’m dying to know what’s going on with Wes, so hoping his book comes out really soon.

I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Reader Copy of this book
Jamie
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an emotionally rollercoaster ride.this has to be by far one of my favorites by Amelia! The feels that this book gave me went right to my heart. I devoured this book in a day. I just couldn’t stop reading. Absolutely fabulous. The writing, the storyline and the characters are well developed and perfect. I can’t wait to read more. I highly recommend this to all.

I voluntarily read this as an advanced readers copy.
Gemma Crowe
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dayton and Summer grew up together with Dayton being best friends with Summer’s brother Wes, so we see them years later reconnect but Dayton has a past that threatens to destroy the happiness he’s finally found.
Anna
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking to Heartwarming

Sadness, sweetness. First love. Forbidden love. Hot. Loved this story. Summer and Dayton are great together and their journey is a long, windy path full of debris but they make it. Can't wait to read more about them and the others in their bookiverse.
Dawn
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very good book! Such a sweet, awesome love story and their chemistry together is beautiful! I definitely recommend this book!!
Catherine Beaulieu
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to say that I really do like this author and her books. This story is well done and I enjoyed reading it . I highly recommend this one .
Gladys
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Before She Was Mine is a powerful, emotion filled book. This is a brother's best friend/second chance romance. It is jam packed with angst, pain, regret, heartbreak, drama and danger. The characters are complex, the attraction strong and chemistry hot. Dayton and Summer's story is moving and deeply engaging. I really enjoyed this book but I did feel that some things were left unaddressed. I'm posting an honest review after reading an advance copy of this book.
Emma Roberts
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dayton and Summer’s story..... they have certainly had their ups be downs and they continue into the book and throughout.
Great book with a fab storyline
Highly recommended
Amelia Wilde writes about love. Her romances feature unique, independent heroines and alpha heroes who are strong of heart and body. Readers have described her work as “emotional,” “intense,” “phenomenal,” and “like a child scribbled with a crayon,” which she takes as the highest praise.

Subscribe to Amelia’s private mailing list for updates, giveaways, and regular chats by heading to http://bit.ly

Wounded Hearts (2 books)
  • After I Was His (Wounded Hearts #2)