Start by marking “The Sister Swap” as Want to Read:
The Sister Swap

The Sister Swap

Two sisters. Two very different lives…

Meg simply doesn’t have time for men in her life. Instead, she has a strictly one-date rule, survives on caffeine and runs one of the biggest model agencies from her smart office in London. That is, until she collapses one day at work and the doctor orders her to take some R&R in the country…

Sarah is used to being stuck behind trac
Published June 1st 2018 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Sister Swap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sister Swap

Nicola Clough
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author and will not be my last at all it was excellent from the beginning. Full of romance and sisters who don't get on and haven't for years but they swap where they are living and can they make up or not. Great characters and so true to life and family issues and rows.
There is Sarah who lives in the country and has two grown up children who don't need her any more so she decides to apply for jobs and sees her old job up so applies and never dreams she will get it
Kathy - Books & Munches
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
Since I don't have a very close bond with my brother, I was immediately intrigued by the story of two sisters being estranged. Having lived apart for years and not having any contact whatsoever, I wondered how they'd pull through and how, exactly they fell out in the first place.
Witnessing how they, slowly but surely, found themselves and each other was something very much worth my time. I enjoyed it all and it simply felt real, genuine.

At first, I thought the major focus would be on the romanti
Shalini
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story goes thus

Meg and Sarah are estranged for nearly 20years except for 2 funeral visits. They don't talk text or mail. There is military silence between them.

Till a health scare forces the London city girl Meg to take a break and go to the country and a job break forces the country girl Sarah to come back to London. The two sisters decide to house swap without managing to meet each other.

My first book by author Fiona Collins, and it has its good funny bits amongst the journey of their ne
Rachel Gilbey
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I do love a book that leaves me smiling, and The Sister Swap certainly did that.

When Meg was 16, and Sarah 26, their parents died, and Sarah returned from London to look after her younger sister. When Meg was 18 she ran off to London and the sisters haven't spoken for 20 years.

Then circumstances change and Meg is ordered by the doctor to leave London for two months to get her blood pressure down, and I can see why as her job running a model agency seems frantic, and encourages her to go to the
Jody McGrath
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is marketed as a laugh out loud romantic comedy, and I really didn't find it funny at all. I didn't understand the how the horrible two years led these sisters not to talk for 20 years, even when children were born and a nasty divorce took place, but suddenly you needed a place to stay for awhile and your willing to bridge that gap. It was absurd. Then it was mostly just two romance stories, where the author forced the sisters upon each other. Once again it was light reading but not funny. ...more
Lauren Tess'x
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I absolutely loved The Sister Swap.

From the title, I had initially thought the books concept would be like that from Freaky Friday – you know that scene where mum and daughter swap bodies because of a fortune cookie… but… it’s nothing like that at all!

The Sister Swap follows two sisters, Meg and Sarah who are 10 years apart in age but they haven’t spoken in years following a bitter falling out when Meg was only 18 years of age. Following the years of not speaking, the two sisters have got
K is for Cathy
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. A very heartfelt story. The characters are well developed. Enjoyed the hustling lifestyle of London and the laid back attitude of the Suffolk country side. Sarah and Meg only saw grief and mourning of their parents untimely death through their own eyes. After twenty years they do a sister swap.
Misfits farm
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Sister Swap- Fiona Collins-4* Romantic comedy 1st June Netgalley
Meg lives in London and runs her own modelling agency which means she if full on all of the time. Her sister lives in their old family home in the depths of the countryside with her two grown children. When Meg collapses at work, she is instructed to take 2 months off- much to her horror. The only place she can think to go is her sister’s. One small issue- they have not spoken for 15 years. By chance Sarah has been given a chanc
Patty
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Sister Swap by Fiona Collins is the story of two sister Meg and Sarah who have been estranged for years, but agree to swap houses for 8 weeks. Meg runs a big modeling agency in London, but because of her work schedule has developed health issues she is forces to rest out of London. Sarah has raised two children in country, mostly on her own. They are twins now 19 years old, and she had the opportunity to work temporarily in London. This book is a fun quick read, with some romance.

I received
Grace J Reviewerlady
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A truly entertaining book! Family, careers and perhaps even a touch of romance ..

Two sisters, one with a home in the country, the other with a small flat in the capital and twenty years since they had any contact whatsoever. In the meantime Meg has built a successful business while Sarah has married, divorced and has raised her twins single-handed. Meg has never met the children although, with one of them about to head off to university, they are hardly children any more. And that's not the only
Eve beinguniquebooks
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two sisters with opposite lives and one fallout between them...

After their parents were killed when Meg was a derailing teenager and Sarah was mid twenties, a resentment grew between the sisters as Sarah took over their parents role in Meg's life and Meg destroyed something precious.

Now years later...

Meg was working in the busy city for a modelling agent until after fainting at work her doctor tells her to take some relaxation time off in the country.

Sarah is used to being behind a tractor but c
Leigh
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
This book is written in third person, and switches between the sisters which each one having alternative chapters.

As you probably guessed is about two sisters who swap lives. The older sister Sarah lives in the country and looks after her two children, who are now old enough to live their own lives. So, feeling a bit useless, Sarah applies for her old job in London and gets it.

The younger sister Meg, works in London and runs her own model agency. She's overworked and very stressed and is ordered
Agi
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases, 2018

Sarah lives in the country with her nineteen - year - old twins. They're adult enough - or at least Sarah thinks so - and don't need her anymore so much, so she decides to apply for her old job as an event planer. And she gets it! The only downside - it's in London.
Sarah's sister Meg lives in London. She's the owner of a very successful model agency however her job is stressful and Meg is advised to slow down a little, what with her high blood pressure, and take holidays in the country.
It is obv
Sara Oxton
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Sister Swap by Fiona Collins a four-star read that will make you want to run to the country. Its taglined as the comedy of the year, and it is funny but not in the way some people will imagine. I know not everyone will understand how the sisters can go from not speaking to the swap but I have been in a similar situation with a family member and have gone from not being able to be in the same room to being the person I call upon when I need to talk, all because of one event. Its true somethin ...more
Rebecca
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Sister Swap is an enjoyable read that actually is a bit deeper than the cover implies. Though it certainly isn't a serious book, Collins created complex characters that you find yourself rooting for throughout the book. A great novel!

I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion.
Rachel Burton
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A funny and emotional read about family, friendship and love and the importance of taking a break to reflect on where life is going. Highly recommended.
Natasha du Plessis
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! I like the feeling of happiness surrounding the characters and how it is still possible for over 30's and 40's to find love and happiness. I am familiar with family feuds and know that it can stretch forever over something very simple. I also enjoyed the careers that the sisters started and felt part of it. This book was very well written and I look forward to reading more books by Fiona Collins.
RoloPoloBookBlog
The Sister Swap by Fiona Collins
Source: Netgalley
My Rating: 4/5 stars

Meg has spent the past twenty odd years working herself right into a heart attack waiting to happen. She came to London as an angry yet motivated 18-year-old and has since built a successful modelling agency. She has worked long hours, been more than hands-on, and earned a reputation for top-notch models whose back she always has no matter the time, day, or situation. All that hard work and dedication has led to high blood pres
Annette
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Family relationships can be painful, difficult and most of all filled with misunderstandings.

Sarah was 26 and Meg was 16 when their parents died. The girls had a good relationship growing up. Now, Sarah had to leave her successful career as an event planner and return from London in order to take care of Meg. Meg became everything Sarah was not. She was drinking, sleeping around, stealing and generally being a pain. Sarah spent her time giving lectures and cleaning up the messes that Meg left ev
booksofallkinds
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
THE SISTER SWAP by Fiona Collins is an absorbing, witty, and engaging contemporary story about family, life, and love with characters that you will take into your heart.

Meg left her old, restricted life behind, as well as her older sister Sarah when she ran off to London all those years ago. Now she is a successful businesswoman running a top model agency and she barely has time to eat, let alone keep in touch with her only sibling. But when she collapses at work and is ordered to rest and relax
Hannah Clarke (Love Books Actually)
First off a big thanks to Harper Collins and Netgalley for an early preview of this wonderful book.

I recently lost my reading mojo (don't you just hate it when that happens!) but thankfully this story pulled me back and gripped me from the beginning.

This is such a lovely easy read about two estranged sisters who haven't seen or spoken to one another for 20 years suddenly brought back together due to changes in both their lives. Meg and Sarah, 10 years apart in age were once close but due to deva
Jeanne Grace
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this book from the publisher and am voluntarily reviewing it. Sarah is a woman at who is wondering is this all there is to life? Running after her 18-year-old twins. When is it going to be her turn again? She had a successful event coordinator career before having it to take care of her ungrateful sister Meg. She responds to an advert for her old job and keeps her fingers crossed she gets the job. Meanwhile, Meg after running as fast as she could from her si ...more
Jane Hunt
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Meg and Sarah estranged for twenty years. Both sister's lives changed because of a devastating family tragedy. They led different lives, Meg's career driven, Sarah's, forsaking her career for her family. Illness and the prospect of an empty nest make both sisters assess their lives. They make contact and agree to swap their houses but will they become family again?

Both characters are flawed, Sarah on first acquaintance appears to be the most selfless, but as the story progresses it's clear Meg's
Sally Coles
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Meg is a high flyer running her own modelling agency in London, everything is about work she has never had the time or inclination for relationships and hasn't seen her sister Sarah since they fell out years ago..... so when she collapses and the doctor says she needs to take some time out and relax in the country she is devastated.

Sarah feels that she has done her time as a full time mother now, her twins are 19 and should be able to look after themselves so she decides to go back into event p
Lieze Neven
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I first requested this book because it sounded a bit like The Holiday. I absolutely love that film and I would not have minded reading a book that followed the same kind of storyline – more or less. And although the overall plot – women swap lives, women find themselves and maybe even love and happiness, is the same, this book goes a lot deeper.

One of the reasons I love this book so much is because Fiona Collins is great at applying the “show don’t tell” rule. Instead of having a lot of boring d
Kim
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sisters Meg and Sarah haven't been close in years. But when Meg's doctor orders her to have 8 weeks of R&R in the country due to high blood pressure she calls Sarah to see if it's ok to come home to their family house in the country only to find Sarah has accepted a job in London and needs a place to stay. A house swap seems a good idea for these two in theory... but can Meg handle leaving London for her childhood home and living with the niece and nephew she doesn't really know? Can Sarah r ...more
eileen fothergill
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read

I really enjoyed this story . Story begins with two sisters and their lives as there are then , it mentions that they are estranged and now live completely separate ignoring that fact that either one exists .It then moves on to tell us how their circumstances changed making them finally reach out to each other .The decision is made that due to each circumstance that they will swap living arrangements, it then continues on with their stories .A great tale of lost love .grief , relation
Janette
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this witty story about two estranged sisters who are both at a crossroads in their lives. They agree to swap houses but would they be able to reconcile their differences.

I found this easy to read and I enjoyed it right to the end. I enjoyed the writing style, the quirky characters were likeable, a well paced entertaining read. A story of new beginnings, secrets, family relationships and some romance.

Highly recommended - a lighthearted easy read.

MetLineReader
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arcs
An enjoyable read that provides a reminder to not always do what we’ve always done...

From mistrust and misgivings to farms and frolics, this book brings the contrasts between city and country living whilst demonstrating the highs and lows of both.

A fun tale full of believable (though somewhat frothy) characters and admittedly some eye candy - though my favourite was the country lady, Violet.

I needed an easy read to get me through a rather challenging period... and this was just what I needed.

Frenchorchidea
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very very very lovely and good book! I absolutely loved the story! This book is a page-turner, you want to know what will happen next. I liked how the chapter division was organized. Every two chapters we are with the sister Meg and every two chapters we are with the sister Sarah. I really like that chapter organization. I really enjoyed discovering about both sisters and the development in their relationship. It's a really nice story with a nice touch of romance in it. It's a book that I recomm ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Gin Shack on the Beach
  • The Upside of Being Let Down
  • The Devil Makes Three (The Devil You Know, #1)
  • Sunrise at Butterfly Cove (Butterfly Cove #1)
  • I Met Him in the Ladies' Room
  • Unwell
  • Picture Imperfect (Imperfect, #4)
  • The Gift Boxed Set (The Billionaire's Love Story, #1-3)
  • Secrets at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #5)
  • Baking Bree
  • Switched
  • Stirring Up Trouble (Stirring Up Trouble, #1)
  • The Hunt for the Big Bad Wolf (Someone Else's Fairytale #3)
  • Collared (Going to the Dogs #4)
  • Warm Hearts in Winter
  • All He Wants For Christmas (The Bouquet Catchers, #4)
  • Crazy Little Thing Called Love
  • Last Call
Fiona Collins grew up in an Essex village and after stints in Hong Kong and London returned to the Essex countryside where she lives with her husband and three children. She has a degree in Film and Literature and has had many former careers including TV presenting in Hong Kong, traffic and weather presenter for BBC local radio and film/TV extra.

You can follow Fiona on Twitter @FionaJaneBooks or