Start by marking “Against the Magic (Twickenham Time Travel Romance Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Against the Magic (Twickenham Time Travel Romance Book 3)

Against the Magic

(A Twickenham Time Travel Romance)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  79 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Reese Hamilton has big plans to help make the world a better place and a new job lined up to help her do it. Before starting work, she heads to England for a Regency immersive experience. She doesn’t expect her best friend to invite her heart-destroying brother to join them, and two years hasn't been long enough for Reese to forget him. Then fae magic rips them back to 185 ...more
Published February 20th 2018 by Emerald Arch Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Against the Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Against the Magic

Lisa Swinton
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it

This was a wonderful read! I loved the time travel element that sent modern day people back to 1850. Hilarity ensues.

The couple in question already have a past to work through and now they have to do it in the past amidst all the decorum restrictions and possibility of falling in love with someone from 1850.

The premise is clever, the writing fun, and the romance hits all the right notes.

I have the feeling this is the start of a series as five people traveled back to the past and the story only f
Donna Weaver
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I totally loved this story. Of course, I did, right? I wrote it. But I really grew to love these characters. Reese is so feisty and Jem is so right for her--once they get over their own fears and hurts.

And Lady Ellen and her brother, Earl Gareth Hildebrand? These two are totally getting their own books!

ETA: I've been listening to the audiobook. The narrator, Kathleen Corbin, has done a wonderful job!
Elsbeth
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodread-authors
Beautiful Victorian/contemporary romance! How would someone from our time fit in 1850 England? What do they learn from that time? And what do they teach their new friends?
Great read, with really nice characters and an interesting plot.
I can't wait to read more about these characters!
I received a copy and chose to review it.
Diane
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced copy in exchange for a honest review. A wonderful paranormal romance. Imagine going on a regency immersion experience and being sent to the past, 1850. Loved Aunt Nellie and her staff at Twickenham Manor. A modern girl, Reese meets a Victorian girl, Ellen. A friendship is made. Reese's has a choice to make between two men, Modern day Jem or an Earl. This was a fun read with lots happening, I didn't want to put the book down. Cannot wait for the next book, this one ends wit ...more
Paula Bothwell
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Against the Magic (Twickenham Time Travel Romance 3) - PG
Violence: attempted assault
Language: nothing offensive
Sex: no sex, a couple of kisses
I have the best time with the time travel and romance genre mix books! The h is So Great! I don't know how the H ever got her attention in the first place. I must say, when the love triangle presented itself, I rooted for the other guy/not Hero, he was that interesting to me.

There is a HEA, with a pretty big teaser. I will probably read more in the series
Paty Hinojosa
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m not much into time travel romance, so I wasn’t sure what to expect or if I was really going to like it.
Well I totally loved it! I liked the characters, especially Reese and Jem, and how their relationship develops. Reese is very reluctant at first and fakes not to be interesting but she has a hard time resisting Jem’s charms.
The plot is original and I liked the twists, it kept me hooked!
The romance was sweet and clean. I totally recommend it to anyone.
Even with the magic, it all seemed real
Susan K
Romance, clean; series, but stand alone read
Clever time travel story, with romantic twist.
Lady Of
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful surprise in the beginning and at the end. I was enthralled with the characters they just leap from the pages and came to life in my living room. I hope many more are wrote about each one of them. Donna Weaver has done one magnificent story on this story. Magic does exist!
Phyllis
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am grateful to Donna K. Weaver for giving me a copy of this book. The fact I received this book for free does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

This time-travel romance takes place mostly in Victorian England.  While I won't tell you how Reese and Jem end up traveling in time, I will say that the way it was done was not ridiculous.

Jem is the kind of brother who reads Regency romances so he can have things to talk about with his sister.  And who goes on a Regency imm
Lisa
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Against the Magic is a brilliantly written, clever and engaging story. This paranormal, clean romance has magic, time travel and humour interwoven into a wonderful story combining Victorian England with contemporary America. I definitely recommend this book to everyone. Even if you don't normally read historical romances I suggest you read this one, you will not be disappointed. I couldn't put this book down and can't wait to read the other books in this mini series.
Cindy Sheffield
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was a clean, fast paced book.
I could relate to Reese. I tend to say whatever comes to my mind.
Reese could get a little preachy at times, but it fit in the story line.
I loved the ending!!
The author kept the experiences real. (As real as one can with a time travel book)
I am looking forward to reading more of this series!
KB
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars
Jem returns home to reunite Reese only to follow her on a Regency experience to Great Britain. I just loved the Edna Mode comment and the Pride and Prejudice references! I don't usually like time travel novels but the humor, banter and the attraction kept me enthralled. A great love story with a little history lesson, a happy ending and a hook.
Valerie
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved it! The author delivered pure magic and I couldn't put this book down. I definitely thought this was a unique storyline and it proved to be very entertaining. I love the added quality of the story you get when it is a good clean fun romance. There may be sexual tension, but the author focuses on developing character bonds and backgrounds versus wasting time on sex scenes. Highly recommended read!
Maria Thomas
I enjoyed this book. When I started reading this I didn't realize I knew anything about the series but I needed a time travel book for a reading challenge so I picked it up. I started reading and the premise of the book sounded so familiar I wondered if I'd read it before. I checked on GR and realized that I'd read another in the series so that made more sense. All the people are thrown back in time together and each book is about different characters so the beginning is similar in each.

The pre
Margaret Watkins
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Against the Magic is a different take on time travel. One usually associates this genre with one person taking a trip through a time warp, but in this case a whole group descended on 1850 together with interesting results. Although customs and lifestyle were different, this book does bring out that basic human nature remains the same. Time travel is not my favourite genre, but because I will read anything written by Ms Weaver I took a chance on this book and to my surprise I found my interest en ...more
Julie
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this time travel clean romance. Reese (Clarisse) and her friends go to England on a trip. One of the weeks of the trip is an immersion into Regency Era England. While at a ball they are magically transported back to 1850. This is very hard on Reese because she is a very independent woman with strong opinions. They are to be there a month before they can be transported back...if they so choose. Their hostess is a Fae as are her servants. While in 1850 Reese befriends Ellen and teac ...more
2GMALR9
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm not typically a fan of stories that involve magic and time travel but was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this story. The narrator did an excellent job differentiating characters and shifting between accents. She very much improved the story's impact.
As for the time travel/magic aspect, I'll admit I have often wished to step into a story, going back to another era in time while still retaining knowledge of the present. This aspect of the story was well done. I was also pleased the
Bookconfessions
3.5 stars. The idea to bring so many back through time at once and give them each their own story was unique and creative. It got me excited to read the other two in the Twickenham Time Travel as well.

The concept of the magic felt a little heavy as first, but I’m glad that Donna worked in the idea that the magic didn’t have all control, just gave nudges in the right direction to promote goodness. It made the overall feeling of the book magical.

I really appreciated the background and character de
Terry Deighton
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second Twickenham Time Travel book I have read. The magic was a little better explained in P.S. I Love You, so I'm glad I read that first. However, you wouldn't miss much by reading this one first. The series is a fun premise. A group of twenty-somethings attend a Regency immersion experience in England and are sucked back in time to 1850. This book started out a little slowly for me. The love triangle didn't develop until late in the book, and I never thought the second guy had a ch ...more
Karen
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jen Morris
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started out slow. The description refers to Reese having to choose between two men. Well, in my reader the second man doesn't show up until 68% of the book is over! While I was happy to suspend disbelief over time travel, some of the characters' actions seemed unbelievable to their personalities and relationships. That being said, I did enjoy the last 40% enough to give it four stars.
Aud
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Against the Magic" by Donna K. Weaver
This was a fun story, at least as far as I got into it. I was having a good time with this story... then my life interfered. I had to put the story down for a few days and try as I might I could not reconnect with the story. At another point in time I will have to start from the beginning and pray for no interruptions! Wishing you... Happy Reading !!
Jennifer Soppe
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am voluntarily reviewing a copy of this book that I received for free.

Against The Magic is the thrilling tale of Reese and Jem taking an unexpected trip back in time. With social education, historical immersion and dueling hearts, Donna K. Weaver continues her heartbreaking style in this new book.

A magical read
MB
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun and flirty

Mrs Weaver continues to amaze and help the reader to become a part of her stories. I enjoyed this one especially with the strong and stubborn women figures of past and future.
Nari
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had so much fun reading this book. I could not stop laughing at the reaction the characters in the book had to Reeses's modern American ways and phrasing. I was a bit frustrated with Jem. Overall I really liked the book.
Ellen White
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A love of England and the Regency period, has Reese traveling there, before starting a job. Unknown she would be courted by two men Jem and Earl. Problem was the time period of 1850 or in the today time period. Cute story
and flowed easily between the two.
Lisa
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like time travel and regency romance you’ll enjoy this book. The characters were all likable. It was clean and sweet. While this is the start of a series, it doesn’t leave you hanging. I received an advance copy for review.
Terri
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A slow starter, but funny. Better than most time travel books. Really enjoyable read!
adriana macaluso
May 09, 2018
Sally
Aug 06, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Award-winning author - wife-mother-grandmother-Army veteran-karate black belt-Harry Potter nerd-online gamer girl.

A Twickenham Time Travel Romance (3 books)
  • Love's Past (A Twickenham Time Travel Romance)
  • P.S. I Love You (Twickenham Time Travel Romance)