Start by marking “Bourbon & Bonfires (Country Road #4)” as Want to Read:
Bourbon & Bonfires (Country Road #4)

Bourbon & Bonfires

(Country Road #4)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  179 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
Landon Montgomery has suddenly found himself the lone bachelor in his group of friends. With a new career handed to him and a string of unsuccessful blind dates behind him, Landon is ready to search for love. A chance meeting and immediate attraction have him wondering if things are about to turn around or if he’s stuck in the single life forever.

Addison Sinclair thought
Published March 23rd 2018 by Andrea Johnston (first published March 22nd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Bourbon & Bonfires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bourbon & Bonfires

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I adored this wonderful story by, new-to-me author, Andrea Johnson. Bourbon and Bonfires fulfilled all my expectations. A wonderful man, a beautiful woman and a boy that just needed some attention from a man who couldn't give a damn.

Addison Sinclair didn't see this one coming. One moment she is living her life, paycheck to paycheck, raising her son, dealing with his drama, dealing with an ex-husband who does nothing but ignore his son and her pleas for help. The next, she is packing up and movin
Siobhan
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bourbon & Bonfires is the fourth book in Andrea Johnston’s Country Road series, but it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. I read it without having read the prior books in the series, and I was not at any disadvantage. It is one of those interconnected series where the characters pop up throughout the books, but each individual novel has a start and end point for the romance.

Bourbon & Bonfires was exactly what I was looking for – a quick and enjoyable sweet contemporary read. It
Andrea
Feb 27, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Are you ready to meet Landon Montgomery and Addison Sinclair?
Release Date: March 23, 2018
Add to Goodreads: http://bit.ly/CR4GR

BLOGGERS sign up for the release blitz: http://bit.ly/BourbonandBonfiresRB

Pre-Order here: http://amzn.to/2BR52dy

I have decided to thank everyone who has pre-ordered their eBook of Bourbon & Bonfires with a SPECIAL SURPRISE DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE. Not only that, but one winner will win a SIGNED PAPERBACK!

Click here to get more info and submit your receipt: https://goo.gl/fo
Kathy Schofield
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The latest release in Andrea Johnston's Country Road series is like coming home. I feel as though these characters are my friends too, and Andrea and I are having a catch up as she fills me in with the latest "gossip".
In this installment, Andrea shares Landon and Addy's story.
l love how Addy is "older" than her bloke Landon, and that she also has a teenage kid.
Finding herself in a small town when her Baby Brother, the local barman owner, encourages her to move after her son starts pushing boun
Marisol Scott
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It baffles my mind, everytime I think I've read her best work to date, Andrea Johnston takes it up another notch. Her writting was superbly executed. And, as always, she gave a story that was the perfect combination of sweet and sultry.
I want more.
Lindsey Kramer
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was awesome. I read and reviewed it for my blog Shakespeare’s Wench Book Blog as well as for another review team. I want to go back and read the other stories of the Country Road guys that I’ve gotten snippets of. Andrea is a fantastic storyteller.
Debbie
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have loved every book in this series. Seems I love each one more than the last. This is no exception.

Addy - a divorced mom trying to work and raise her teenage son with basically no help from the ma who fathered him. There are some issues and she moves to be near her brother, Taylor, for support (yep, THAT Taylor!)

Landon - the lone Bachelor friend of the Country Roads bro-hood.

We had already seen some sparks in a previous book, but the bonfire between them really ignites!

There are some issue
Stefanie
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful Country Road Novel. I love these people. In the fictional world they are completely my friends. This is a sweet story about taking chances. About not letting your past dictate your future. About asking for help from the people who love you. About not letting age define you! Loved Addison and Landon. This book will forever hold a very special place in my heart.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
What's better than a nice glass of bourbon and a cozy bonfire? Not much at all in this case. Landon Montgomery found himself the last bachelor in his group of friends. With continuous failed set-ups from his mother, he wondered if he'd ever find the one person who would make his heart leap. With a chance New Year's Eve encounter he now realizes that's a strong possibility. He just has to convince her to take a chance on him.

Addison Sinclair and her son, Mason, were left by her husband four years
Megan | A Page to Turn
The story of Landon and Addison brings us back to the basics of contemporary romance. This story is everything that I love about contemporary romance, it’s everything I love about love. It’s the small things that mean the very most - the support for one another, the encouragement, the Netflix on the couch. It’s all so real, and exactly how my marriage is on a daily basis. I saw myself in Addison and my husband in Landon. It was beautiful.

Don’t get me wrong - I love a good sexy hot com or a secr
ToniAnn Papa
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bourbon & Bonfires is everything you could want in a book. I've been waiting patiently for Landon and Addison's book, and it did not disappoint. Slightly older female who doesn't want to start over but realizes it might be time. Slightly younger man who is ready to settle down and has his eyes set on someone special. A teenager who doesn't know what to do with himself. The perfect amount of drama. The words are beautifully written. This story will grab in your heart and give you all the feel ...more
Christina Del Moral (Garcia Sisters' Book Blog)
Landon is by far my favorite character of all the men in the Country Road series. I actually truly connected with this story. Many of the emotions that Addison was going through with her age and dating again is what I struggle with. Andrea did a beautiful job with these characters. The story itself is wonderfully written and it gives you all the feels that a romance novel should. I wasn't disappointed in the least. I honestly hope this isn't the last in the series. This review was originally pos ...more
Cassidy
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It isn't often that you find a romance with a reverse age gap. I really enjoyed it. Everybody deserves to find love, no matter what age.

This is the story of Landon and Addison. Landon is tired of being the odd man out in his friend group. He is ready to find a woman and settle down. Addison is a single mother to a teenage boy. Her ex-husband is no role model for her son. She decides to move to Lexington to be close to her brother, Taylor. She isn't looking for love, but sometimes love founds yo
Brittany Johnson
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting for Landon's story and I wasn't disappointed. Landon was looking for love and so ready to have what his best friends have and he found that and so much more! The connection between Landon and the heroine was so perfect and though I let out a big sigh for silly insecurities I could totally relate and feel for her. The heroine was so lovable and comes with extra that Landon takes on like a pro, it was the best feeling when reading this amazing heartfelt book.
Lora Edwards
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This entire series was amazing, but this book it really grabs your heart and doesn't let go. I love that it is about a family and not just two people. It was great to catch up with all of the peeps from Lexington, what a great read and a great series. DONT skip the Author note at the back that is something special wink wink.

Andrea is a fantastic writer and I cannot wait to see what she comes up with next I am sure it will be just as great as the country road series.
Le Ann Foster
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
♡♡Reviewed for CherryOBlossoms Promotions ♡♡

I gave this book 4.5 Stars!

Full Review To Come!
Suzana
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, romance
*5 “I was lost until I found my home in your heart“ stars*

*copy of this ebook generously provided by the author and I'm leaving an honest review*

description

Bourbon & Bonfires is the fourth book in Andrea Johnston’s Country Road series but, for me, it worked perfectly as a standalone novel by new-to-me author, Andrea Johnson. I adored everything about it: the romance, the characters, the plot, the setting, and the writing. The writing was so wonderful and well developed that it made reading easy. Yay,
Aubrey B3 Book Blog
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How do you review the 4th (kinda 5th if you include Champagne and Forever, which you should) book in a series without giving everything away??

I mean, I know the blurb gives away our hero's lady love, and Andrea always gives us that HEA, but how do I gush without spoiling? I guess I'll just have to try.

Landon. Oh, sweet Landon. He's the last bachelor of the Country Road bromance. And I'm not going to lie, I never had much interest in him (or Owen) in the other books. But the beauty of Andrea's wr
Tracey *Steamyreads*
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
As a new reader to The Country Road series, I was a little apprehensive whether I would be able to connect to the characters without knowing the background obtained from reading the previous books. I can happily say that you don’t need to read the books before reading Bourbon & Bonfires.

The book concentrates on Landon and Addison’s characters, there are appearances from characters mentioned in the series books, so if you have read the series in order, then you will know more off the backgrou
Mary Kazen *Rabid Readers Book Blog*
I love this book! This was my first book I have read by this author and I am hooked. This is the story of Addison and Landon. Addison is a single mom, divorced trying to raise a teenage son, Mason, on her own. When Mason starts acting out and almost getting himself in real big trouble she takes her brother Taylor's offer and moves to the small town of Lexington. There she meets a great group of new friends and even becomes closer to Landon, whom she met at a wedding prior. Landon is the only bac ...more
Kathryn Linke
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I’ve adored all the titles in The Country Road series, and eagerly awaited Landon’s story. Anyone who is familiar with the series, will recognize that we briefly met Addison Sinclair, in Champagne and Forever.

This is a sweet, steamy, and heartfelt read with strong themes of family , friendship and love, added with a touch of humor sprinkled throughout.

Addison is a divorcee, single parent to a teenage son. Her ex is pretty much an absentee father, which added with hormones, and a bad
Jan Cassi
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I read from Andrea Johnson so I didn’t know what to expect, all I knew was that the blurb sounded amazing and the cover was perfect. Once I started reading this book I was left wanting more, I didn’t think I could put the book down until I was done with it.

Bourbon and Bonfires is about giving love a second chance, never giving up, and about life. Stuff happens in your life good or bad every day. But if we don’t give up and we fight then we will learn to be happy.

Addison i
Johnaka
Bourbon & Bonfires by Andrea Johnston
“Accept the unexpected, 5 stars”

Landon never really thought about settling down until all his buddies did and now it’s kind of at the front of his mind. But when you’re from a small town your pickings are a little small. When he meets his buddie’s sister he knows he likes her but she’s not from there. Then when she moves to town its basically game on, but there will be some obstacles in the way.
Addison’s marriage was less to be desired and since it ended
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Andrea Johnston really impressed me with the first couple of books in this series so I was super excited to get my greedy hands on Bourbon and Bonfires, the fourth standalone novel in the Country Road series and let me tell you a little secret... Andrea did not disappoint. Sexy. Sweet. Swoony. Feel good feelings. This book was the absolute perfect, unforgettable small town romance that will warm your heart and heat up those still lingering cold nights.

She's a single mom trying to restart
Book Nerd Kate
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Andrea Johnston’s Country Road series is one that I haven’t been able to get enough of. I fall in love with each new couple that Andrea creates and with each new release I fall in love with the town of Lexington and the Country Road bar just a little bit more. Bourbon & Bonfires is one of my favorites, if not my favorite, from the Country Road Series and Landon & Addison are definitely now my favorite couple of the group.

I love that Addison is such a real character. She is just a mom wh
Andrea Guy
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit to falling in love with the cover of this book. It made me want to break out my Lady Antebellum CDs or even my Sugarland CDs. (And I'm not even a big country girl).

This is my first book by Andrea Johnston. I have to like her, cos we share a first name. Really, I do.

Now I have to say, I've not been having good luck with romance novels lately. Maybe its because I'm hitting that age where I can no longer identify with any of the heroines.

I really got into the book. I love the older
Samantha
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read The Break Series by Andrea and absolutely loved them, no surprise that I would love this one. It's a story about a true love, a love that most people have on a everyday basis with their s/o, it's a story about everyday life.
Mason, oh boy does she ever do him justice, After getting in trouble again his mother Addison and him move to be closer to his Uncle Taylor, hoping Taylor would be a better role model to Mason compare to his not their father.
Addy then starts to get to know Landon
Lexy
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, this series. I was so excited knowing we were getting Landon's book. It was so fitting for him and was exactly what I needed.

Addy is a divorced mom with a teenage son who is giving her serious grief. After a talk with Taylor (Hello Taylor and Country Road!) she decides to pack up and move to Lexington and oh am I glad she did.

Landon, oh sweet Landon, is trying to adjust to life as the only bachelor in his group of friends. His routine of always hanging out with the guys has changed with the
Natasha
This book really hit me with so many feels. Addison is a single mom trying to keep her head above water. Some days she really just needs a glass of bourbon and a book, but her son Mason has other plans. He is a teenager with some anger issues, so Addison call's her brother Taylor (oh my Hanna I need more Taylor) for some advice. He suggests that she move to Lexington and he would help. This is what I love about this story. It's the characters that feel so real; they would drop anything to be the ...more
Elita Hooper
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Given this ARC for an honest review.

Landon the last man standing in his group of friends...but he has decided that it is time to look for love but only on his terms. He wants what his friends have, he has a chance meeting that changes everything.

Addison is looking for a new start with her son after a ruff few month so she ups and moves them to the town that her brother lives in, after all he has been trying to get them to do that for years.

Landon and Addison meet one night where sparks fly and d
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Andrea Johnston spent her childhood with her nose in a book and a pen to paper. An avid people watcher, her mind is full of stories that yearn to be told. A fan of angsty romance with a happy ending, super sexy erotica and a good mystery, Andrea can always be found with her Kindle nearby fully charged.

Andrea lives in Idaho with her family and two dogs. When she isn’t spending time with her partner

Country Road (4 books)
  • Whiskey & Honey (Country Road #1)
  • Tequila & Tailgates (Country Road #2)
  • Martinis & Moonlight (Country Road #3)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)