Start by marking “Jaynell's Wolf (A Wizard's Touch #1)” as Want to Read:
Jaynell's Wolf (A Wizard's Touch #1)

Jaynell's Wolf

(A Wizard's Touch #1)

Previously released

Sometimes it takes a little magic to find true love…

His father’s dying wish had Jaynell Marley signing up to attend the Mayell Wizard Academy. It only takes him a short time to realize he doesn’t belong. His abilities, far more advanced than the other students, cause jealousy. Knowing how to speak Gnome and summon a dragon puts him beyond everyone’s
Kindle Edition, 3rd edition, 128 pages
Published February 16th 2018 by Amber Kell (first published October 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Jaynell's Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jaynell's Wolf

Start your review of Jaynell's Wolf (A Wizard's Touch #1)
Susan
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shifters, mm
Wizards and werewolves, oh yeah!

I really liked this. It was pretty short (71 pages), so it did have a feeling of being underdeveloped, but less than I expected for a story of this length.

Jay is a wizard attending wizarding college for the first time. Because he was home schooled his entire life he has no idea he is way more powerful than any other wizard. He tries not to show how much power he has, but he has a feeling he screws that up a lot, considering all the shocked looks he gets whenever
Ami
If you have read Amber Kell's stories before, you'll know that her stories are pretty much carbon copies of one another. Similar type of characters (one brat or loose-sweet and one grumpy possessive Alpha). There is nothing new in this as well. They met, the Alpha says, "You're my Mate, nothing you can do about it". They bond. They mate. End of story. That alone, for stories, I will only give it 2 stars

BUT, the difference with this one is the wizard characters. Hey, it's like reading gay Harry
Serena Yates
This series definitely starts off with a bang in this first installment of 'A Wizard's Touch'. Just imagine Harry Potter going to college after years of home schooling, not knowing how powerful he is, and missing some of the basic "wizard etiquette" because he has spent his life at home. Jaynell is much like his famous namesake, only all grown up and even more powerful, but there are several intriguing differences as well, both in his character and in the world Amber Kell has created here. I ...more
Coco.V
Jul 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (7/16/2018)!
Valentina Heart
The difference between this book and those I usually rate with 3 stars is the humor. It's pretty funny, something I love in Amber Kell's books. Now the rest of the book was kind of rushed, but what bothered me the most was the input of information. There was just so much going on without even a pause to take a breath. Another thing was the stiffness. Am I the only one who noticed? You have a bunch of these funny situations and comebacks but it's like robots are participating and saying them. The ...more
Chris
2.5 stars. Ok m/m paranormal romance about a wizard arriving at wizard college after the death of his father and meeting a very forceful werewolf... This definitely drew a lot of inspiration from Harry Potter.
Daesy
Christy
A very exciting beginning to a new series by the talented, Amber Kell. I will be very interested to see where this goes, although I'd love to see more of Jay and Thomas.

Jay is a wicked powerful wizard and he's lucky to have Thomas as his werewolf mate. The drama and the "bad guy" were kind of predictable, but I still enjoyed the story. Oh, and these two were pretty hot together!
jules0623
My first foray back into original fiction after gorging on fanfic and what a big frigging disappointment. Deleting the rest of the series from my Kindle and rethinking my reading choices since almost 100% of the fanfic I've recently read was far more professionally written than this clunky mess.
Meggie
Oct 06, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shape-shifters
The story is to bland to simple set. The bonding is to fast and the plot is just boring. I definitely wont read that book again.

Not recommended in my point of view !!
Relly
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, b-2018-read
Good start

3.75

I enjoyed this one. I’ve had a difficult week and needed to unwind with a book that wasn’t going to be too in-depth but more entertaining and letting me just be and enjoy. This one filled the mark
I liked Jay and enjoyed how he was unassuming. He knew he was powerful but at the same time never rubbed peoples faces in it. I enjoyed Thomas too. I liked that he was powerful but also had no desire to lead.
The ending felt a bit rushed and abrupt. What happened to the gnomes?
I’ll
llv
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5 stars
This book is a re-release that I got from Amazon for free. I really enjoyed it. I liked both MCs. Thought they had great chemistry together. Liked the side characters, especially the gnomes. I just forgot that the author has a bad habit of ending her stories too abruptly. I was left wanting more. In addition, it ended at 85% and the rest was excerpts. So overall, I liked the story. Just wish the author hadn’t ended it where she did.
Aղցela W.
Jul 16, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a short quick read that I enjoyed reading. This was book one in the A Wizard's Touch series by one of my go to authors for a paranormal read Amber Kell. Jaynell Marley's father's dying wish was to send his son to the Wizard Academy which he didn't belong at because his skills where far more advanced. Thomas Sparks is a member of the local wolf pack who isn't impressed with Jay's magic. He wants the man himself. One look into Jay's eyes and Thomas knows he's found his life mate. The only ...more
Bookparty
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At his dead father’s bequest, Jaynell Marley attends an esteemed wizard school hoping to finish up his education. What he finds it that the real education he’s lacking is about life. When shape shifter Thomas Sparks claims Jaynell as his mate the pair start a whole new understanding between werekin and wizards...
************

Jay went to that esteemed wizard school because he promised his dad and although he had almost nothing to learn from his teachers, hes humble and never tried to show off and
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
Loved it. Wished it was longer. Completely fell for both men. As for the being rushed...I didn't think so. It was fast, but if you were Thomas, and realized your one and only mate was standing right in front of you...You'd go full steam ahead to secure him by your side. To make sure you didn't miss your only chance at happiness. And really...how much more build up can you get in a short story. I thought it was sweet that Thomas didn't immediately want to make the bond permanent, and gave Jay a ...more
Karen K
I'm giving this a 3.5 more for the original concept - werewolves and wizards - than the actual plot. I liked the characters but thought the whole thing just moved too fast and had no emotional hooks whatsoever.
Kinny
Jan 25, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The plot was pretty childish. It's as if Amber wrote this when she was in eighth grade and tweaked it a bit and had it published.
Popcorn
Gay Harry Potter goes to uni! Look forward to the next in the series
Alastriel
Absolute train wreck of a plot.
Julesmarie
2.5 stars rounded up for the dragon

Pretty typical werewolf-mates story, but the wizard bits were fun.
Kathy
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-4-star-ratings
Enjoyable characters and really nice story, I liked this book and have downloaded the rest of the series to read it.
The plot was well written and characterisation fine, I do find a lot of these books short reads but still they are good to have in your library when you want something that won't take too long to read and is still fun to read.
Recommend readers of shifter-magic books read, others who want something different and not too taxing.
Ebook Addict Reviews
“Wow” is the first word that comes to mind after reading Jaynell’s Wolf by Amber Kell. I was thoroughly entranced. I have always enjoyed Amber Kell’s stories and Jaynell’s Wolf was no different. Amber Kell has a talented imagination and she knows how use it!

I enjoyed the instant attraction between Jay and Thomas. Jay’s slight fear of being bonded again to someone was evident but the love he feels for Thomas outweighs that fear. I liked that Thomas was willing to let Jay work though those fears
Tam
Jaynell's father has died and part of his last wishes was that Jaynell attend the wizard college even though at 24 he's older than most students. His first day, he runs into a werewolf, literally. Thomas tells him he's his mate, and even though wizards and wolves don't mix, he's determined they'll work it out. However he is willing to give Jay time to adjust to the concept, and much of the book is Jay getting used to just being on his own finally, dealing with the massive amounts of wizard power ...more
Lorraine Lesar
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you love Amber Kell, you will really like this offering. I liked her Moon Pack series, but this is much better. It is written in her normal, quick style - a lot happening, funny quotes from characters and the famous "your mine!" quote. A lot of her stories, have very familiar themes running through them - man meets his mate, their is no discussion it happens!, but that is why I like her books, I know what I am getting every time, she doesn't try to be so be something she's not. The book spec ...more
Candice
3.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this. Wizards, wolves, gnomes, avatars, potions, and more :) How can you NOT like that. I really liked Jay (view spoiler) . Thomas didn't really do much for me though for some reason.

My only
Seregil
This would have been a great book if it wasn't so damn short! Too many things are happening in a bit over 60 pages and it drove me insane :D
The main character goes from reluctant to be claimed as a mate to very enthusiastic about it waaaaaay to suddenly (after taking a moment or two to imagine a future together). That made me roll my eyes.
The story squeezes in dragons, werewolves, gnomes and ... umm... triplets (!) in a wizards university. Plus pack politics, several bonding ceremonies,
Kk
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a fairly average love story in terms of plot. Two protagonists meet and poof find insta-love which is believable because one is a wolf shifter. Then a bad guy shows up and kidnaps the main character, only to be defeated and giving the protagonists a HEA.

For how short it is, I felt that the author could definitely have spent more time on character/world building and less time trying to cram a textbook plot line onto her fairly creative character base.
Ashley♥Alexis
I loved the story. I would give this 5 stars on the story alone but the deliver was just a tad dissapointing. A few times, I didn't realize til mid sentence that there wad a POV change. The end seemed really rushed. I really would love to see this longer not by much but some stuff just really needed to be flushed out.
M'rella
Seriously? @.@
Didn't care for the plot, didn't care for MCs, didn't care for dialog, didn't care for pretty much anything. Flipped through the pages until the very end only because I was curious whether there was any angst at all in the book. And yes, there was. For like two and a half pages at the very end (not counting dead gnomes, exterminated like carpenter ants in great numbers). 1 star.
Jessie Potts
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jaynell's Wolf is one of the #ThrowbackThursday pick of the week! Add a little #TBT to your #TBR pile!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Hell on Earth (Hellhound Champions, #1)
  • Quill Me Now (The ABCs of Spellcraft, #1; Bad Valentine, #2)
  • Elemental Magick (The Donovan Coven #1)
  • Nuts (Ace's Wild, #2)
  • Chasing Fate (Copper Creek Shifters #1)
  • The Necromancer's Dilemma (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #2)
  • The Necromancer's Reckoning (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #3)
  • Blackbird in the Reeds (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #1)
  • Knight's Fire (Scales of Honor #1)
  • Nor Iron Bars a Cage
  • Rushing In (Ace's Wild, #3)
  • His Consort
  • Science & Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1)
  • The Christmas Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club #1)
  • Michael's Mate (Pack Mates #4.5)
  • A Little Familiar (Familiar Spirits, #1)
  • My Fair Captain (Sci-Regency #1)
  • The Necromancer's Dance (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #1)
Amber Kell has made a career out of daydreaming. It has been a lifelong habit she practices diligently as shown by her complete lack of focus on anything not related to her fantasy world building.

When she told her husband what she wanted to do with her life he told her to go have fun.

During those seconds she isn't writing she remembers she has children who humor her with games of 'what if' and let

A Wizard's Touch (6 books)
  • Kevin's Alpha (A Wizard's Touch #2)
  • Farren's Wizard (A Wizard's Touch #3)
  • Elijah's Ghost (A Wizard's Touch, #4)
  • Porter's Reaper (A Wizard's Touch, #5)
  • Temple's Touch (A Wizard's Touch, #6)