Start by marking “You’re Next: A Short Novel Inspired By True Events” as Want to Read:
You’re Next: A Short Novel Inspired By True Events

You’re Next: A Short Novel Inspired By True Events

In 1988, amid the Satanic Panic craze that swept the United States, Hannah Jackovski witnessed the attack and subsequent disappearance of her sister, Hailey, outside an abandoned cemetery deep in the woods.
Twenty years later, Hannah, now troubled and suffering from post traumatic stress disorder, believes she is being stalked. Someone is after her, and she suspects it is
Kindle Edition
Published April 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about You’re Next, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You’re Next

Start your review of You’re Next: A Short Novel Inspired By True Events
Nico Genes
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fast and interesting read. The author has an easy and very understandable way of putting words together. Everything starts in 1988 when Hannahs sister Hailey was wounded and disappeared one night in the woods in the vicinity of an abandoned cemetery. Rumors were saying that some Satanic cult has taken her away and the media have reported amply on the subject. Hannah was only 16 then and she struggled how to cope with the events. Years went by but she couldn't live even for one day ...more
Allen Lamb
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I think the story has potential, but it feels very rough and very rushed. Rushed in two senses. First, the book is very short and there were many cases where the story jumps to the next scene before the last one felt finished. I often felt like I wanted more details on what was going on. Second, the book felt rushed in its production. There a few too many grammatical and formatting mistakes to overlook. I had the feeling that it would be better if the author took a little more time on the ...more
P.S. Meraux
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hannah survived the frightening disappearance of her sister as a teenager and grew up with the shadow of an unsolved mystery hanging over her that shattered the family.

Two decades later, she finds herself caught in a deadly game of cat and mouse with members of a cult who threaten her sanity and life. Terrorized and hounded by a stranger in a mask, she must fight for survival. She turns to a psychologist for help.

Youre Next is a cogent thriller, full of suspense and spine chilling twists. A.J.
Jenelle
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-suspense
This was a fast paced read, I was hooked from the first page and tore through this book super quickly.

I really liked the narrative, first person told through journal entries. Hannah's story was really intense and I was on edge throughout. The idea of someone being so close and so elusive is terrifying.

But was there anyone? Was Hannah a crazy person or was there a stalker? What DID happen to Hailey? I dunno. Hannah isn't at all reliable. I like that. Either way, the end results are scary.

Chris Manley