Start by marking “Skinny Pants (Happy Pants #3)” as Want to Read:
Skinny Pants (Happy Pants #3)

Skinny Pants

(Happy Pants #3)

From New York Times Bestseller Mimi Jean Pamfiloff Comes a New, Standalone, Romantic Comedy, SKINNY PANTS.
(Book Three, The Happy Pants Café Series)

SHE ACCIDENTALLY CATFISHED THE PERFECT GUY.
BUT WILL HE EVER LOVE THE REAL HER?

DR. JACK REED has been through hell. His wife cheated on him, broke his heart, and lied for years. But moving on isn’t easy, and it’s impossible to
Published April 20th 2018 by Mimi Boutique

To ask other readers questions about Skinny Pants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skinny Pants

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
RATING 4.5 STARS

Skinny Pants is the third and final book in the Happy Pants series by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff.

Nurse Macie Franklin had long ago accepted that she would never be like her skinny best friends. She’d tried numerous diets, she ate healthy and she worked out regularly. But she just couldn’t seem to shed the extra pounds. Macie loved her life, her family and her friends. She was a great nurse and she loved helping people. But she was tired of being friend zoned by men that she was attract
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Apr 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: meh
Dianne
What’s not to love about a sweet romance that involves humor, heart and COOKIES? Add a little too much wine, an online dating service and several “Oh, crap,” moments, a few “What the Heck?” paragraphs, not to mention laugh-out-loud dialogue and without a doubt, you know you have fallen into another Mimi Jean Pamfiloff tale!

SKINNY PANTS is going to tickle your fancy, warm your romantic heart and offer up a prayer to the gods that women can finally learn to love themselves for who and what they ar
Dali
I loved it so so much. I loved Macie! She’s an incredible heroine. Hers and Jack’s story had me hooked and smiling throughout. I’m thrilled about this book coming out! It has MJP's signature twist, the crazy, meddling Ms. Lucy, great characters from past books, great new characters I’d love to get to know, AND cookies!
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Like I’m lower than a cockroach wearing stained underwear.

She wanted a man who was romantic, but not needy. She wanted someone who would love her forever even when she was ninety, wrinkled, and peed just a little when she sneezed because she’d had beautiful children with him.

Honey, we are all attracted to him. Reed is complete husband material. And bean-flicking material. And heartbreak, fan-club, tramp-stamp material.

When you do see him, just remember that he’s only hot on the o
Hannah
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ARC REVIEW

Last book of the Happy Pants series. MJP stated previously and in the author's notes at the end that she has more new series in line... but I can wait years for one more book if I have too. Lucia's matchmaking hyjinks are legendary and now with Taylor slowly taking over for Lucia she has said Jack Reed will be her last match. But has Lucia taken off more than she can chew with this stubborn but sexy plastic surgeon?

Macie was fine with her life until everything in her life started to po
chan ☆
Apr 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
a book about a "fat girl" catfishing a doctor. sign me tf up
Nadine Bookaholic
This was such a fun read but also a little bit of a sad one, because I knew this was the end of a series that I have enjoyed very much. The laughs are plentiful, the sexy times are hot, we have a great story line, and two great characters so honestly there isn't much to not like about this book.

You can see my full review along with a #giveaway here: https://nadineisobsessedwithbooks.blo...
Nadine
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
I'm not sure how to rate this book. I like some things very much, others were rather unrealistic and strange.

Macie is an overweight nurse who gave up dating years ago, even though she is only 30 years old.
The men she's interested in don't give her a second look. And in order not to settle for second choice, she has just completely renounced men.

However, one evening under the influence of alcohol she gets weak and logs on to a dating portal - with a fake photo. This can only go wrong - and it
Sana Zameer
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed this series and loved all the characters. I refuse to believe that this is the last book of this awesome series.
Anima
Shelves: hot-romance
Mimi's style is very refreshing, spots of humor and sarcasm with moments of honest love. Even though this one is a standalone there is a connection to the others, Jack Reed is the brother of Taylor from the previous book. He doesn't believe that a magical happy face cookie could help someone find true love. I love the feelings I get from this book and the subtle twists and turns had me smiling and laughing. Although this is a fictional romance I like how Mimi wove a true event into the book, the ...more
Michele
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: con-rom, 0418
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

A romantic comedy that will give you ALL the feels, Skinny Pants is the (reportedly) final book in Mimi Jean Pamfiloff’s magical & sexy Happy Pants series. And oh what a terrific pair Nurse Franklin and Dr. Reed made once they finally, finally gave in to their attraction.

If you’re a fan of Mimi’s work and have read–and of course enjoyed–her Fugly series, then I think you’ll connect easily with Macie in this story. It touched upon some of the same typ
Shiboune
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even the strongest among us has moments of weakness and insecurity

Skinny Pants is story packed full of mixed signals, missteps, regrets, laughs, possibility and ultimately hope.

Nurse Macie Franklin is active, smart, self-confident, calm in the face of chaos, and unflappably happy. So how does the local man-whore doctor send her into a spiral of self-doubt?

Macie doesn’t think about her appearance. She exercises regularly, eats healthy, loves life, and works hard. She’s also given up on ever dat
Cali Jewel
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming, fun, quirky, sweet, sexy and thrilling romantic journey filled with passion, heart, longing and true acceptance. Letting go of a painful past and truly embracing who you are inside and out are hard things to do.

DR. JACK REED is charming, sexy, funny and has been burned by the love of his life living a lie for so very long.... NURSE MACIE FRANKLIN is sweet, fun, sassy and is so done with being friend-zoned by every guy she is attracted to. She makes an online dating profile and aft
Melanie Marnell
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While Mim Jean Pamfiloff's dark and paranormal writings are outstanding her romantic comedies are extraordinary. These lighthearted romances keep you smiling if not laughing outloud. This final book in the Happy Pants Cafe series is no exception.

Macie and Jack are disastrous at every turn. Macie is a warm, generous, carrying spirit who has walled herself off from close relationships other than her best friends. Jack is a talented surgeon whose bitter divorce two years ago has left him cold, cal
Lisa
Apr 18, 2018 added it
This was a great way to end this series! Jack and Maci were great characters that had many things in their lives that they needed to overcome in order to find their love. Jack had his issues from his failed marriage such as trust as well as over coming the failure of the marriage itself. Maci had issue with her self image and confidence. Both of their issues are relatable to the reader as they were both written as strong characters. I thought that at first their story moved slowly but in the end ...more
christine l. sturgill
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing read by the incomparable Mimi Jean Pamilla. Skinny pants is such a feel good read! In this book we revisit Luci and her shenanigans- the infamously sly matchmaker and owner of Happy Pants Cafe. The new victims of the love cookie, Macie and Jack, do not stand a chance. The whole story is entertaining,  beautiful and filled with awe inspiring moments. While of course this is a love story it was also a very poignant journey of self discovery, acceptance and determination. Everything ...more
Heather andrews
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jack is not one to shirk away from things, even when called out, “well, I’m sure you’ve seen giant breasts before. And now you’ve seen most of mine.” His eyes darted to her face, but he didn’t look embarrassed or ashamed..." Sometimes Macie just shocks the heck out of Jack, "he stopped running, and she nearly trampled him. Jack turned to face her. “What are you…? I would never hit you or any woman.” Jack prefers to show his feelings than talk about them, “what are we—” He slammed her up against ...more
Kelli
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Both Macie and Jack are flawed characters but also very lovable. It was awesome to read through their journey of self-awareness and finding love. I also liked how Mimi gave us closure, but still left it open to add more books to the series if she chooses too. It was a great ending to a wonderful series. ❤

Mimi, it was very kind and thoughtful of you to dedicate this book to Lindsay. She was a wonderful person who we all cared about.
Cathy Atchison
Rachel K
Rejane
Apr 25, 2018 marked it as not-interested
The blurb is not appealing to me at all. Then, there’s Leonor’s review and all the comments. Specially Kiki’s comments.

GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: good, slow-burn, safe
A little torn on this one...while there are things I liked ( Hero was NOT a manwhore!!) there were also things I didn’t. The ending def didn’t feel fleshed out enough and I didn’t get to see the Heros growth. The heroine also annoyed me...

So we’ll call it a split and go with 2.5
Amanda S.
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bbw-alert
I didn't realize that this book is book 3 of a series. I'm drawn to reading it simply because I've been craving for BBW romance and man, I enjoyed this one. Until at some point where the Hero's acting like a pussy. I mean, what is wrong with him? I get that he's scarred by his past but, jeez, I wish he could treat our heroine more gently and with dignity that she deserved. So yeah, good writing, but forced plot. Could be better.
Tina Todd shobe
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Skinny Pants is Book 3 in in The Happy Pants Cafe Series but I think it's easily a stand alone. I haven't read the previous books in the series and had no problems connecting with this story.

First of all I want to say that being a larger size woman I really related to Macie. The only difference is that I don't even attempt to be healthy and she's healthy just still a larger size woman. I totally understand the feeling of people looking right threw her or overlooking her due to her size.

After a b
Emma
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-wishlist
We left all out beloved characters from The Happy Pants cafe at the end of Leather Pants in a little bit of a quandary - Miss Lucie wanted to retire from the matchmaking business while Taylor (Tailored for Trouble) attempts to convince her she is the woman for the job. In order to prove Taylor is capable of handling such power she has to nominate a person deserving of their own HEA and find their perfect match. the person she chooses is her relationship shy brother, Jack.

Jack has been badly burn
Heather Miller
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read other books by this author, Ms. Pamfiloff, and I just love all her works.

In this book we have Dr. Jack Reed. His ex-wife cheated on him, left him and divorced him. Jack hasn’t t moved on since his ex. He doesn’t trust woman at all, except for his sister. He is a fantastic Dr, but just not that caring about making his life happy with love.

Nurse Macie Franklin, just turned 30, and is more on the heavier side. Her friends are all skinny mini’s who never have to worry about their weigh
Terri
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever gotten tired of putting on a brave face? Nurse Macie Franklin is sick of being the fat friend with the great sense of humor. She's tired of being invisible to men, friendzoned constantly and sometimes treated with downright contempt by a few. The final straw comes when handsome Dr. Chad Bollinger starts calling her Nurse Moo and tries to exclude her from socializing after work as if there's something wrong with her. Humiliated and disgusted, she spends the night home alone, getting ...more
Nicole Heffernan
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Note: I received an advanced review copy in exchange for my honest review.

So if you aren't aware, this is the third and 'last' book in the Happy Pants series.
You can read this book without having read the previous two books but it just adds emphasis and greater meaning to various moments in this book. (Plus, the explanations will make MORE sense)

If you also haven't read anything by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff, you'll still enjoy this book but you will find her quirky weird great humor she's known for.

I
Verna Loves Books
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Skinny Pants by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff is sensational!! I was instantly in love with this story and all of its characters. I felt everything. I laughed, I got teary eyed and I constantly felt their happiness. This book has everything, it's feel good vibes and the struggle the characters have will keep you captivated the whole way through. Such a pleasant story.

Jack Reed is every womans fantasy. His character will leave you breathless and begging for more. Everything about him was compelling, even
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• In Sickness and In Elf (Paranormal Wedding Planners #1)
  • No Interest in Love (All About Love, #2)
  • Hitman Wedding (Bad Boy Inc., #4)
  • Just Pru
  • Wild Card (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
  • Barking Up the Wrong Tree (Sex and Sweet Tea, #3)
  • Field-Tripped (Ad Agency #3)
  • Blindsided (Roman Holiday #3)
  • Better Love (Wingmen, #4)
  • Searching for Billy Shakespeare
  • The Chateau of Happily-Ever-Afters
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • Romancing the Bachelor (Hamilton Family #2)
  • Harmony and High Heels (Fort Worth Wranglers #2)
  • Anton (Chicago Blaze, #1)
  • Lord Garson’s Bride (Dashing Widows, #7)
  • The Breakup (The Jordan Brothers)
  • Someone Else's Love Letter
Because Mimi wants to focus on writing and her freakin' awesome fans, she does NOT monitor this site. PLEASE GO TO her Facebook
FAN PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MimiJ...

or her website:
www.mimijean.net, and sign up for her newsletter if you want the latest FREEBIES and news!
****
S.F. Native, MIMI JEAN PAMFILOFF is a USA Today and New York Times bestselling romance author. Although she obta

Happy Pants (3 books)
  • Tailored for Trouble (Happy Pants, #1)
  • Leather Pants (Happy Pants, #2)