Start by marking “Butterfly Assassin” as Want to Read:
Butterfly Assassin

Butterfly Assassin

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  82 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Murder, mystery, and an inconvenient attraction…

Shifter Aaron Harper gets drawn into illegal underground fighting to keep an eye on his best friend. The thrill of the fight keeps him coming back for more, but discovery could mean imprisonment and banishment from their pack. Without a beta to watch over them, common sense takes a back seat.

Michael Archer of the Shifter Cr
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 280 pages
Published June 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Butterfly Assassin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Butterfly Assassin

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

What this book is: an edgy suspense thriller, murder mystery, dark and gritty, with great world building (set in the same universe as Jacobs' Regent's Park Pack series) and interesting characters.

What it isn't: a romance.

Aaron and Michael feel an undeniable attraction. Initially, Aaron, a Clapham Pack shifter, is a possible suspect in the serial killer case Michael is investigation. Michael is a detective with the Shifter Crimes Task Force (SCTF); he works on crimes against humans involvin
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
2.5 Hearts

I've been on a fairly serious crime drama kick lately so it's really difficult for me to see the words "killer" and "murders" in a blurb and not rate the book on those things. Logically I know it's not a crime drama nor should it be rated as such but it's hard to separate the two. It's not that Butterfly Assassin is a bad book I think it just doesn't know what it wants to be-mystery? romance? Fight Club, the remake?

The backdrop is illegal underground fighting that a man known as Mr. Sm
Cadiva
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Argh, you know that feeling when one of your favourite authors writes a new paranormal shifter story set in the same world as one of your favourite series?

You're excited to read it, you're looking forward to discovering new characters to fall in love with, new packs to discover. And then it's over, you've read it and it was awesome but now you've got to wait ages for the next one.

That's me that is. That's how I feel right now because this first introduction to a new pack has more background into
Wynne Katherine
Jun 08, 2018 marked it as ahh-how-about-no

Not romance.

Wynne no read not romance books.

description

Blog : Click here for me blog
Sheri
This is...painful.
I couldn't WAIT for this book.
I adore Annabelle Jacobs and I'm obsessed with The Regent's Park world.
And as much as I enjoyed this book...it didn't feel complete.
If this was a 'part one' I would patiently (or kinda sorta patiently) sit on pins and needles and wait and happily stamp 4 stars on it. But that doesn't appear to be the case.
I don't see any plans for...the rest.
And I literally shook my kindle hoping more pages would appear. (pathetic, I know)
It's not actually par
Becca Waldrop
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wooo! This is definitely another world I want to dig into, if this book is any indicator. I loved this book. The thrills of the shifter call to me again lol.  Seriously, though, I haven't read any other part of this world yet, but I want to. The characters in this book were all I wanted them to be. Good and kind but tough and ass-kicking at the same time. They love their pack and do everything for their pack. The alpha is a good one. He doesn't abuse anyone or allow anyone to abuse them. Good, g ...more
The Novel Approach Reviews
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been a fan of Annabelle Jacobs’ fiction since I discovered her Torsere series in 2014, though it’s her Regent’s Park Pack series that’s become a favorite. With this latest release being set within that same -verse though focusing on not only a different pack but also having a very different relationship aspect to it, I have to say Butterfly Assassin has just taken its place as my favorite of all her published works thus far.

Don’t let the title fool you; it’s metaphorical rather than literal
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

4 Stars.

Annabelle Jacobs is a new-to-me author.

Butterfly Assassin has a dark and gritty vibe of a police procedural novel involving the mafia, with a side of shifter politics as the paranormal world-building. Aaron is a shifter fighter in an illegal bare-knuckle fighting ring, doing so to protect his gambler of a best buddy.

Michael is a detective trying to solve a string of shifter murders, which he assumes is done by 'Mr. Sm
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I loved the world building in this book. Straddling the line between Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance, the author presents readers with a gritty and slightly dystopian version of London where humans and shifters live uneasily together.

The UF elements of the story add interest to a relatively simple police procedural. I enjoyed the conflict between the human police and the shifter packs and the intricate pack hierarchies ma
Melanie
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-dTm

From that review: " Butterfly Assassin is a story written in one of this author's favorite universes of mine, that of the Regent's Park Pack series.  It's an ongoing wolf shifter series that just keeps getting better with each couple and story so I was delighted to see a standalone novel set in that universe pop up as a new release."

For all our reviews, check out http://scatteredt
John-Torleif  Harris
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting shifter/human dynamic

I thought that the author created an interesting world here, where humans and shifters don't necessarily get along, but we don't see one group in internment camps. I liked this kind of a dynamic, though I would think that SCTF would want to generally have shifters on staff since their whole purpose is to deal with shifter crimes against humans.

I enjoyed the building of Michael and Aaron's relationship despite the misgivings that each man had. It was interesting t
Natosha Wilson
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an incredible read. I loved every minute of it. The mystery, the danger, the love story..... it was all just so good. The fact that this basically a spin off of “The Regents Park Pack” makes it even better. Annabelle Jacobs definitely has another winner on her hands with this book that is for sure.

Aaron and his best friend Harry have been hiding something from their pack “The Clapham Common Pack”. They have been something that is forbidden and considered illegal. Aaron has been fightin
Susan65
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Blogger Girls

The Butterfly Assassin is written in the same world as the Regent's Park pack, and we hear about familiar characters but there really is no crossing over. In this case, it's the Alpha Council that plays the biggest role in both series. Is this a series? I am unsure, but I like this world, and I really enjoyed this one and hope there is more, but I just wasn't as into this book as much as the original series.

Aaron, and his friend, Harry, are young shifters who do stupid things. I
Lori
Jul 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was a long slog for me for several reasons. First, there’s little to no romance, it’s not even a slow burn, there was no chemistry between the MCs. There was no build-up to their intimacy or emotions. Actually, in the end, it wasn’t even a love story. There were two intimate/romantic scenes in the book (maybe a total of 15 pages of a 318-page book). This book is strictly a mystery thriller, but unfortunately, that didn’t really grab my attention so I could overlook the lack of romance. ...more
Dan
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the kind of books that you start, and get sucked into the story, and suddenly you notice you've been reading for four hours straight, missed a meal and are suddenly at 85%. This is the kind of book I enjoy the most. It is set in the same world as the Regents Park Pack series, and although it isn't part of the series officially, it would be best if you read the series first to better understand the world and some things the characters mention (I really liked them, especially Bitten by the ...more
Karen Meeus
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Great action-filled story with mostly a lot of suspense and only a dash of romance.

Expertly written, and very exciting until the very end, with a suprising twist.

The romance, which I had expected to be at the heart of the story, at times felt a bit like an afterthought. That was a little disappointing, because I went into it with different expectations.

The MC's, Aaron and Michael, are both wonderful and interesting characters with great chemistry and longing between them. I would have loved it
Ramona
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, reviewed
Illegal underground fights bring shifter Aaron Harper to the attention of DS Michael Archer, a member of the Shifter Crimes Task Force. Aaron's last opponent was found dead from shifter claw wounds. Aaron was ruled out as a suspect but to stay out of jail agrees to go under cover to help the police.

Michael feels that Aaron has an meaning in his life and Aaron also knows something important is happening he can't quite understand. The attraction flares between them. To protect their cover they sha
Karen Edwards
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aaron Harper is a shifter, fighter. He's fighting in the illegal underground fights to keep an eye on his friend, Harry. Right! Except Aaron kind of likes it. Michael Archer is trying to track down the shifter who has murdered 3 people, which leads him right to Aaron's door. I've read A LOT of shifter stories, paranormal romance, and urban fantasy. I've never encountered a world quite like this. I was on the fence about this book until about halfway through and then it sucked me right in. The bu ...more
blue night
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cops, m-m, shifters
I’m not sure what happened here, but this entry in Jacobs’ London shifters really fell flat. It wasn’t bad, but just disappointing. All the barriers to the couple coupling up were external and fairly temporary. It was slow on the romance, but not slow burn. Just slow. So it goes.
kathleen
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
With characters that jumped off the page this book sucked me in from page one! The MC's, Michael and Aaron, are such interesting, well developed characters with great chemistry.

I'm looking forward to more!
Andrea
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
I like Annabelle Jacobs' work but this didn't appeal to me. I didn't care for the characters.
Didi
3.5 Stars

Butterfly Assassin” is set in Regent’s Park Park universe but the tone of the story was different from the RPP series. While a portion of the book pertinent to Aaron and his pack - and therefore showed similar Alpha/Beta/pack dynamics as those in Annabelle Jacobs’ previous series - the fact that the other lead character was police detective with SCTF (Shifter Crimes Task Force) made the difference.

It focused on the series of (human) murders that allegedly done by shifters. Told altern
Susan Clerou
Jun 22, 2018
Josie
Jun 14, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Annabelle Jacobs lives in the South West of England with her three rowdy children, and two cats.

An avid reader of fantasy herself for many years, Annabelle now spends her days writing her own stories. They're usually either fantasy or paranormal fiction, because she loves building worlds filled with magical creatures, and creating stories full of action and adventure. Her characters may have a tou

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Shadow District
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Play Dead (Elise Sandburg Series Book 1)
  • The Weight of Lies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief Taker (The Thief Taker, #1)
  • The Things We Wish Were True
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adversary (A Chris Bruen Novel Book 1)
  • Daisy in Chains
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Jury Master (David Sloane, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Look Behind You (Kendra Michaels, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Last Town (Wayward Pines, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Wayward (Wayward Pines, #2)
  • Pretty Little Things
  • Social Death
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder at the Flamingo (A Van Buren and DeLuca Mystery #1)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Wings Of Fire (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #2)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Pretty Dead
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Mother Knows Best (A Margie Peterson Mystery)
  • Damage Control
  • The North Water
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage (Agatha Raisin, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Watchers Of Time (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #5)
  • Bone River
    $3.99 $0.99
  • As The Crow Flies (DI Nick Dixon #1)
  • Jaws
    $10.99 $2.99
  • The Widow File (Dani Britton, #1)
  • Blacklands
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Prisoner of Heaven (Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #3)
  • The Romanov Cross
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Krakow
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
  • A Purple Place for Dying: A Travis McGee Novel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Dead Water (Shetland Island, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Pines (Wayward Pines, #1)
  • The Newsmakers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Intrusion (A Chris Bruen Novel)
  • Brighton
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Lowcountry Bonfire (Liz Talbot Mystery #6)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Widow's Watcher
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Livia Lone (Livia Lone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Among the Mad (Maisie Dobbs, #6)
    $9.99 $3.99
  • A Blood Thing
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Baltimore Blues  (Tess Monaghan, #1)
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Aftermath (Inspector Banks, #12)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Girl in the Moss (Angie Pallorino, #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Grace
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Carved in Bone (Body Farm, #1)